Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
You gain "XP" points for every enemy you kill but only for the character that is the "leader". You can also buy level upgrades at the rate of 2 gems per XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Out of curiosity, do developers actually have any ability to get rid of people hacking their leaderboards in any manner? I mean like through resets or bans or selective exclusions?

Not that I've ever paid attention to getting on them except for Radiant (until the devs altered the scoring system without resetting the boards), but it just seems like every single one is crawling with hacked scores that stay there forever.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I remember somebody was making a list of roguelikes, and mentioned Legends of Yore wasn't on the App Store anymore; it went back up a little while ago, FYI.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Teddybear posted:

So FFV, if I wanted to play a FF on my phone/iPad, is the one?

I would say yes. The story is a bit weak, but the gameplay is great. You can have fun mix and matching with the job system, or simply master a few jobs and go god mode with the freelance job.

Edit: also this is the game that introduces Gilgamesh the great villain ever :colbert:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 28, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Welp, been playing Nimble Quest since 1. Nimblebit, you've done it again. I dunno how you do it, you evil iOS game wizards, but please never stop.

Either bomb dude or skeleton dude is my best. Not sure which. Also, gently caress you, princesses!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
So, due to an unexpected tragedy, I have a new iPad. I'm pretty sure at some point I picked up the doublers for Jetpack Joyride and Punch Quest, but I can't find any way to restore purchases in the apps. Is there a way to do this?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Out in the US: https://itun.es/us/J8zYI.i

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Final-freaking-ly. :catstare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I did not stay up late for this.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Rated 5. Went hog wild.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

But not in my phones app store yet, WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Can I force it to refresh or something?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

But not in my phones app store yet, WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Can I force it to refresh or something?

It might not show up via searching for a little while, but if you click that link on your phone it should launch the App Store page for the game. What's our clan again? #somethingawful?

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

It's probably time to make a Nimble Quest thread before this one gets swamped.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

goferchan posted:

It might not show up via searching for a little while, but if you click that link on your phone it should launch the App Store page for the game. What's our clan again? #somethingawful?

Awesome thanks.

Did I also read that this is coming out for OS X? Or was that something else?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress Nimble Quest is good. drat good.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
wario make a nimblequest thread tia

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
For Nimble Quest: Any strategies on what to spend my gems on first? What leaders to level up first? What leaders are best for the arena? Etc.

Also does only your first arena score count towards the guild total? Also, it looks like TA is winning.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
As things are, there should probably be a general NimbleShit thread like there's the Kairosoft one.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Apocron posted:

For Nimble Quest: Any strategies on what to spend my gems on first?

Alternate Magnet and Treasure Chest.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Thanks, how much of an increase in pace do you see from buying the red gems upgrade? Are they all over the place or is it a waste of money? It's hard to tell because its bit just a flat multiplier.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

wario make a nimblequest thread tia
OKAY.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

duckfarts posted:

As things are, there should probably be a general NimbleShit thread like there's the Kairosoft one.

I don't think anyone playing NQ wants to necessarily hear about Tiny Tower or a Pocket Frogs...

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Feenix posted:

I don't think anyone playing NQ wants to necessarily hear about Tiny Tower or a Pocket Frogs...

Yeah, the Kairosoft thread works because Kairosoft games are actually games similar enough in format that they're comparable when discussing them.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Apocron posted:

Thanks, how much of an increase in pace do you see from buying the red gems upgrade? Are they all over the place or is it a waste of money? It's hard to tell because its bit just a flat multiplier.

They SEEM to drop at the same rate as the gems worth 2 and 5, at least-- I'll manage to pick up at least 4 or 5 red ones from a single chest, they show up pretty often.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
The RED GEMS upgrade averages out to effectively be a "gems doubler" upgrade once you do the final math on it. It's slightly confusing because of the varying values and the randomness of the drops, but when all is said and done that's how it works out.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

There is an actually pretty good Borderlands ripoff on the appstore right now called Star Warfare: Black Dawn. It's basically Borderlands down to the art style and weapons and customization. It's a much better version than the ones the real developers put out a little while ago.
It does have a very generic name and icon so it doesn't seem to be getting that much attention. I'm having a blast with it so far though.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I contributed 435 kills to #SOMETHINGAWFUL in the current event.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Teddybear posted:

So FFV, if I wanted to play a FF on my phone/iPad, is the one?

I haven't bought it yet but game-wise it's the one that is most suited to mobile play I think. Also it's actually Universal

LPG Giant posted:

So before somebody posted that the FF III and IV ports were basically hard mode. Is this also true for FFV? I saw that the sprites had been changed (they look horrible, but I'd be willing to overlook that) but how is the difficulty?

It should be exactly the same as the GBA version if they have the extra GBA content. The GBA and SNES versions are about the same balance wise, just some bugfixes and stuff. GBA (and iOS) has a lot of additional post-game content which is hard as poo poo.

I want to buy FF5 but there is no wifi at work and for some reason we can't download mroe than 50MB off of a 4G connection which is faster than most wifi anyway

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is the nameless guild at the top of he leader board just people who didn't bother to put in a name or just put in a space in the guild screen? Is that a bug?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Apocron posted:

Is the nameless guild at the top of he leader board just people who didn't bother to put in a name or just put in a space in the guild screen? Is that a bug?

Their name just hasn't been approved to be visible by us yet. Not quite sure who it is, but if they are DONGSLAYERS their name will probably never be publicly visible.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Nimble Quest - how come I have to use buttons to scroll the shop menu when the rest of the game is swipes?

Edit: same with navigating the tabs on the "get tokens" screen. Why can't I just tap the tabs?

FreakyZoid fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 28, 2013

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Out of curiosity, do developers actually have any ability to get rid of people hacking their leaderboards in any manner? I mean like through resets or bans or selective exclusions?

Not that I've ever paid attention to getting on them except for Radiant (until the devs altered the scoring system without resetting the boards), but it just seems like every single one is crawling with hacked scores that stay there forever.

No, we can't zap individual scores. You have to set an acceptable range of scores for each leaderboard and any scores outside that are automatically rejected, but once a hacker finds the limit and gets the maximum score on the board there's nothing you can do about it. Once a leaderboard's been included in a public version of a game, you can't delete it or reset the data, so if the scoring mechanic changes drastically they should really be creating a new leaderboard for that version forward and submitting to that - though the old one would still be visible.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Apocron posted:

From what I can tell it's 1 guy who has 14,003 kills in one run and something like 35 million gems. Look at the leader boards and it all makes sense. Obviously a hacker.

Azazel
Jun 6, 2001
I bitch slap for a living - you want some?
An endless side scroller involving a little chainsaw that my buddy created solo in roughly a month.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/super-happy-chainsaw/id615159768?mt=8

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Ms. Explosion Man dropped a few hours late to the party.

http://appshopper.com/games/ms-splosion-man

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I'm really liking this Borderlands clone that came out. It controls really well with an ipad mini. Engrish is horrible but who cares, the game seems to hold up in the 5-10 minutes I played it

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Oh cool, I'm #332 in the world in NQ. Wonder how far I'll drop by the morning!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

#64 :cool:

Edit: 5 people please beat my score so I can occupy the coveted 69 Position

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I'm really liking this Borderlands clone that came out. It controls really well with an ipad mini. Engrish is horrible but who cares, the game seems to hold up in the 5-10 minutes I played it

The IAP is pretty inoffensive and you can get around it by downloading apps and than just deleting them after it gives you the bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

graventy posted:

So, due to an unexpected tragedy, I have a new iPad. I'm pretty sure at some point I picked up the doublers for Jetpack Joyride and Punch Quest, but I can't find any way to restore purchases in the apps. Is there a way to do this?

I don't know about JJ, but in PQ, go to Stats/Options from the title screen, tap Options in the upper right corner, then Cloud Sync in the bottom left of that screen.

If that doesn't work, just go to the store and try to buy the Punchos Doubler again. I'm pretty sure Keepa made it so doing that will notice you already own it, and will restore it.

• Locked thread