Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
A new page means a new Ten Count! This week it's me, HulkaMatt, KFG, MRT, and another very special guest!!!

Topics: 1. Raw was pretty bad, but the main event promo wasn't.
2. What's your favorite tag team or tag match of all time?
3. Hey, New Japan's a thing; let's talk about that!
4. You know what else is a thing? VGCW!
5. Is there a match that you think would have been great if it was shorter, or longer?
6. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Jimmy Jacobs
7. What are your favorite and least favorite entrance themes?
8. Is there a specific match or show that you would show to someone you were trying to get into wrestling?
9. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Triple H vs. Eugene
10. What's your favorite match or show from the In Your House PPVs?

And if you've never heard the podcast before and would like to know what we're all about, please enjoy this brief preview.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just to let you know I was running on fumes when recording this which is why I stutter a lot and confuse Asian people.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Holy poo poo you pronounced my name right :psyduck:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
To answer my own question, my favourite entrance theme is either Ole! or Edge's last theme. My least favourite is Voices. Burn In My Light was so much better and gently caress Orton for not liking it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Just so you guys know I was NOT laughing at statutory rape.

I was laughing at Dan Maff getting blackballed.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

HulkaMatt posted:

Come on, people raping statues is pretty funny when you think about it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

After all those horrible things you said about MRP, I'm disappointed in you.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

That Stro vs. Ricky Shane match has the Figure Four reversal where Stro just switches the position of his and Ricky's legs while Ricky Shane is powerless to stop him. He doesn't roll over to reverse the pressure, he just unconvincingly fiddles with his legs.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaylord Plower posted:

That Stro vs. Ricky Shane match has the Figure Four reversal where Stro just switches the position of his and Ricky's legs while Ricky Shane is powerless to stop him. He doesn't roll over to reverse the pressure, he just unconvincingly fiddles with his legs.

Does anyone still have the gif of this? I can never remember what episode it was and all my attempts to explain it to my friends result in failure.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

Does anyone still have the gif of this? I can never remember what episode it was and all my attempts to explain it to my friends result in failure.

What up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDOAiHahCHo&t=46m25s

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best Mountain State moment will forever be Karl getting hit by a van

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You are my hero, Mr. Plower.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BRENT KREMEN on the new B&V show!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The EVOLVE caller was amazing. "No."

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

MassRanTer posted:

The EVOLVE caller was amazing. "No."

I, for one, wanted to hear more about how The Rock was conceived.

And I love that Brent acts as his own publicist, calling Vinny's fiancee trying to get booked on B&V.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Ten Count!
In this scenario, you are the bookers of ROH, PWG, ISW, and I guess Chikara. Also in this scenario, John Cena either quits or gets fired because he killed his family with the STFU or something and decides that he'll tour the indies for a while. As the bookers of these indies, you get him for one night. Who do you put him with and why?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

roderick

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I agree with the Shaman.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Questions 7-10 on the next Ten Count are going to go very quickly, then.

We'll still find a way to go 80-plus minutes.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Does Michael Elgin have the best poo poo hair in wrestling?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Tom Prichard show is a masterclass in bitterness

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Tom Prichard show is a masterclass in bitterness

Yep, sounds about right.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Going back to the Fandango/Jericho thing, is it possible Jericho is just trying to work the smarks, making everyone think there is legit bad blood between them?

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but this sounds like the kind of thing Jericho would do lately. Like how he says stuff like "I'm definitely not going to do THIS" on twitter, then when he does it he laughs that he swerved everyone.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

triplexpac posted:

Going back to the Fandango/Jericho thing, is it possible Jericho is just trying to work the smarks, making everyone think there is legit bad blood between them?

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but this sounds like the kind of thing Jericho would do lately. Like how he says stuff like "I'm definitely not going to do THIS" on twitter, then when he does it he laughs that he swerved everyone.

Definitely not. He definitely generated "no buys" for his Fandango match in that interview, unless your idea of hype is "Let's see if I can get a good match out of this average guy.".

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If that was a work, it was one of the greatest works I've ever heard because he sure as poo poo sounded like he didn't care one iota about that match outside of getting a Mania payday. He all but said the only positive was the challenge of trying to get a good match out of someone so bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

If that was a work, it was one of the greatest works I've ever heard because he sure as poo poo sounded like he didn't care one iota about that match outside of getting a Mania payday. He all but said the only positive was the challenge of trying to get a good match out of someone so bad.

That is taking him pretty far out of context. He said he didn't want the match, argued with Vince for a minute, agreed and now he's excited about it since he saw some of Fandango's work.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
To be fair, i'm hyped for the match precisely because of the way he talked about it. I feel like I can predict almost exactly how the other matches will turn out, but I'm legitimately excited to see how good of a match Jericho will have with Fandango and who wins.

He was audibly coaching Fandango several times on RAW during the beatdown and I'm sure he'll call the match. It doesn't sound like he has any personal beef with Johnny Curtis, he just figured he should have been in a match that mattered or was built up for more than 2 weeks.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Ten Count pod peeps~
This is definitely an opinion question but I'll ask it before it's too late..unless someone else asked all ready but:
Which match on the WM card this year are you most looking forward to?

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
How does the Ten Count Crew save the women's division in the WWE?

Assuming you have unlimited funds to hire whoever you want, as well as complete creative control, how do you do it?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just starting listening to Alvarez's After Dark show, I hope someone made a song that featured the line "genetically modified SUPER CHICKEN"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else amused by the idea of Dave's kid and his friends watching Robot Fighting League?

"Now, after that we worked in Wrestle Association R-"
"Dad! No one cares!!!"

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Hey Ten Count crew, I'd like to know what you think about NXT and who you think stand out from the rest of the roster..

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Good Listener posted:

Ten Count pod peeps~
This is definitely an opinion question but I'll ask it before it's too late..unless someone else asked all ready but:
Which match on the WM card this year are you most looking forward to?

We're going to do a WrestleMania preview this week instead of the Ten Count; I'm sure we're going to discuss which matches we're looking forward to the most.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Is it weird that the match I'm looking forward to most is Dolph and Big E VS. Team Hell No?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Draga posted:

Is it weird that the match I'm looking forward to most is Dolph and Big E VS. Team Hell No?

Not at all. It's going to be a :krad: match.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Draga posted:

I'm looking forward to Mark Henry vs Ryback most, because gently caress yeah hoss-offs. Also my nephew is a huge Ryback fan.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

The Goog posted:

We're going to do a WrestleMania preview this week instead of the Ten Count; I'm sure we're going to discuss which matches we're looking forward to the most.

That sounds like a plan to me~ Looking forward to it!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
This week's DKP started off slow and ended terribly but the middle part was really enjoyable.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYOlweg1wRM

BICK NOCKWINKEL~!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means