Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Trap Star posted:

I'll have to give Milkman and the other ones listed above a shot

Do it, seriously. You don't get more polished/smooth than the Milkman.

Also check out the Yacht Club DJs, though they may be venturing a bit too much in to not as much pop/R&B as others. Mashup Germany's 'Back to the Future' mix is also great.

You should also check out Titus Jones and (he usually does A+B stuff but with 4 or 5 songs rather than just 2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Loo and Placido's Retro Future Shock and Electronic Popstar Killers are pretty good, too.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Geno posted:

Miley High Club is probably my favorite for SMB. I haven't heard the other White Panda albums except Bambooyah. I'm not sure if you noticed but Bambooyah is just a bunch of A vs B songs with a transition in between. It's not multi-track mashing like SMB.

Anyway, other recommendations for multi-track, Girl Talk is definitely the most popular artist. After that, my favorite is Milkman and then there are other artists like E-603, Titus Jones, Ludachrist.

It's a goddamn shame that milkman decided his lovely electronica was worth dumping his mash up for :(

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Mile(y) High Club is gold. One of my favourite recent albums for sure.

Now, I hate to speculate and end up disappointed, but Girl Talk released albums in 2006, 2008, and 2010. It's past 2012 now -- does anyone know if anything new is expected from him soon? If I recall correctly, All Day was sort of a surprise release, so I don't know why I'm asking this.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Girl talks got significantly less tour dates this year so I'm assuming a new albums coming out

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
https://soundcloud.com/nishinverdiano/nishin-verdiano-musical-1

A bit too ADD for my tastes but some people here may like it.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!

Malcolm XML posted:

It's a goddamn shame that milkman decided his lovely electronica was worth dumping his mash up for :(

This so much. Whenever anyone I know starts to get into mashups, I always recommend Algorithms. It's so masterfully done and the only other album I can think of that even comes close to being that good is Dj Bahler's Free The Snares.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Goddamn, Ludachrist is really loving good. I can't say I was ever expecting a mashup of Metallica and Darude. It kind of sucks that they stopped so one of them could leave to be Kill the Noise and whatever the other guy did.

Milkman is really good too. Come On is definitely the best one in my opinion.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

JetGrind posted:

Goddamn, Ludachrist is really loving good. I can't say I was ever expecting a mashup of Metallica and Darude. It kind of sucks that they stopped so one of them could leave to be Kill the Noise and whatever the other guy did.

Milkman is really good too. Come On is definitely the best one in my opinion.

I posted a broken-into-tracks version of Talk is Cheap in this thread about a year back, you can probably still find it if you search by my posts.

I've been really into Super Mash Bros. lately. Mile(y) High Club is loving amazing and the Pure Fix Mix that they released about a month ago has some really good moments in it as well.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Mashup-Geramny just dropped their Made in Germany promo mix. You can download it via Soundcloud Downloader if you so desire. It's a mix of old samples from the Back to the Future promo mix as well as many new ones. Good poo poo.

e: \/\/\/ You had all day!

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 11, 2013

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

DAMMIT NAM TAF I JUST CAME IN HERE TO POST THAT

Yeah it owns, got some really nice surprises so far.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

JetGrind posted:

Isn't the other guy in bro safari? I vaguely recall something along those lines, and also possibly being signed to mad decent (I am on my phone or I would research this)

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Nam Taf posted:

Do it, seriously. You don't get more polished/smooth than the Milkman.

Did not like this at all. It's nothing like Girl Talk/Ludachrist/Hood Internet/White Pandas. It is, very much like poo poo Computer, just a bunch of electronic sounds and not at all my cup of tea.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Trap Star posted:

Did not like this at all. It's nothing like Girl Talk/Ludachrist/Hood Internet/White Pandas. It is, very much like poo poo Computer, just a bunch of electronic sounds and not at all my cup of tea.

I think that's his new stuff only. Check out his mashups: Algorithms, Circle of Fifths, and Lactose & THC.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

canyonero posted:

I think that's his new stuff only. Check out his mashups: Algorithms, Circle of Fifths, and Lactose & THC.

I was going to respond with :psyboom: to Trap Star's post but I totally forgot (or don't really care) about Milkman's switch to EDM so I could see why he was confused.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Geno posted:

I was going to respond with :psyboom: to Trap Star's post but I totally forgot (or don't really care) about Milkman's switch to EDM so I could see why he was confused.

Oh wow yes, I was trying to piece together how to tell him he was insane without remembering that perhaps he got the entirely wrong part of Milkman's work.

I can only hope that you did make this mistake. What songs did you listen to of his?

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

I just glanced at his discography to try and recall which songs I listened to, and I *think* it was Aeroplane and Tiger Lily but I could be wrong. I remember there being no lyrics so it's pretty obvious it was the wrong stuff

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Yup, go get the albums Algorithms and Circle of Fifths. The other one, Lactose & THC is good but the former two are stellar. It should sound a bit more like this or this (to choose two tracks at random from the albums).

edit for a bit more content: The pick of the samples to me from the new Mashup-Germany mix is the Reptile/Robot Rock/We Will Rock You part about 52 minutes in, by a mob called Loo & Placido. I decided to follow it up and found the original track here. The guys have a mix called Retro Future Shock and I've listened to it several times in the last day or 2 and it's pretty goddamn good. The outro track is pretty amazing.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 13, 2013

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Nam Taf posted:

Mashup-Geramny just dropped their Made in Germany promo mix. You can download it via Soundcloud Downloader if you so desire. It's a mix of old samples from the Back to the Future promo mix as well as many new ones. Good poo poo.

e: \/\/\/ You had all day!

This is pretty good, thanks for posting. Some great mashups in there and some pretty average ones too. And way too much German pop music, but I can't really complain about that when it's from Mashup-Germany :v:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is Girl Talk himself doing anything these days? Hints of a new album? He was putting one out every two years but he's overdue now.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

flatluigi posted:

Is Girl Talk himself doing anything these days? Hints of a new album? He was putting one out every two years but he's overdue now.

A few posts back someone mentioned he has significantly less tour dates this year and is likely working on a new album.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I remember reading somewhere that Girl Talk is working on an album that's less like a mashup and more like something DJ Shadow would put out. I don't remember the source though, it might have been an interview with him on MTV or something.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDCfDA7Us-I

Everything about this makes me happy and angry

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
If we're on Gangnam Style mashups, this works surprisingly well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riTkd1ygAMI

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Dont even pretend this isnt the best mashup youve heard in ages

https://soundcloud.com/pomdeterrific/pomdeter-call-me-a-hole

and its EXACTLY what a mashup should be. Two totally different genres, one amazing mashup

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

BlueBayou posted:

Dont even pretend this isnt the best mashup youve heard in ages

https://soundcloud.com/pomdeterrific/pomdeter-call-me-a-hole

and its EXACTLY what a mashup should be. Two totally different genres, one amazing mashup

Yeah, this is really good!

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Yacht Club DJs just dropped their latest mixtape here. They're also planning a US tour and I can't recommend them enough if they come your way.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Nam Taf posted:

Yacht Club DJs just dropped their latest mixtape here. They're also planning a US tour and I can't recommend them enough if they come your way.

I'm a drat sucker for a mix that'll include the Muppet Show theme. :allears:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

New Titus Jones video. I think this may be the first artist I like more than Girl Talk/Milkman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNRUK7IpdrQ

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

New Titus Jones video. I think this may be the first artist I like more than Girl Talk/Milkman.

You do have both his albums, right? That song's off After Shock, which came out last year sometime.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Probably my favorite track on the new album.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

tagelthebagel posted:

Probably my favorite track on the new album.

Rhiannon's Stronger Island :colbert:

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

BlueBayou posted:

Rhiannon's Stronger Island :colbert:

That one is sick too. Listening to it now. This album!!!! =D

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Is there any mashup artists that sound very similar to Madeon?

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Well, Madeon doesn't really do mashups very often, beyond Pop Culture and the one he did for Annie Mac that one time, so it's hard to really say. There's a dude on youtube who goes by M4SONIC though that's pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vC5TsSyNjU

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Does anyone know who is behind Ludachrist, and why there hasn't been any new material?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

overtone posted:

Does anyone know who is behind Ludachrist, and why there hasn't been any new material?

I'm not sure offhand, but I think someone posted in the last couple of pages that the guy(s) behind Ludachrist have both moved on to other projects.

edit; top of this page

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Well I loving hope that's not true because they own. Bangfest and Talk Is Cheap are my go to mash ups

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
For some mostly pop mashups try isosine

https://www.soundcloud.com/isosine
https://www.youtube.com/isosine

I wish ludachrist would reform :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
http://blog.priceonomics.com/post/47719281228/the-economics-of-girl-talk

Doesn't really talk about GT much but more about the whole sampling/copyright issue.