Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Oh don't worry about it. I'll still take any critique you have but you can forget about if you want. But I sorta forgot about that whole experiment.

The blue ones grew on me a bit. I liked the darker color but it just looks so different from every other uniform it just feels off when I look at it. It's unique sure, but I think they could have made it a little more conforming and still given it a unique flavor. If the whole league looked like that it would be pretty nice though. The Gray however we completely disagree on. It looked like someone forgot to wash the white uniforms for a week. They just looked dirty. The white ones themselves felt unremarkable. Blue ones were the only ones with any personality.

Would you like the grey more if they were a darker shade? I think it would look cool, and can definitely understand if your problem is that they are too light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

Would you like the grey more if they were a darker shade? I think it would look cool, and can definitely understand if your problem is that they are too light.

I don't know. It might. I just don't think gray works with the neon green highlights and a similar value of the blue already on the uni. The current gray is probably the best balance between the two but it just looks like the uniforms are wet. It doesn't look badass when I look at it, it looks just like a dirty off-white. Like it wants to be white, or it wants to be dark, but just ends up looking wet. The concept art and lighting for it looked nice, but when I watched the actual game it looked awful.

2 rudimentary seconds in photoshop to darken it out:

granted that was 2 second in PS, but it doesn't really look better. The gray looks more intentional but it kind of nullifies the blue highlights by being the same shade. If they want to use gray they shouldn't use the exact same design as the white jerseys just with gray, they should actually build around the gray tones. I think that was my problem with it. It feels and looks like a lazy alternate. Also wet.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The NFL is really sending the wrong message here about dolphin concussion prevention, by taking the helmet off that dolphin. Roger Goodell could not care less about dolphin safety. First Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and now this.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

from @BenVolinPBP

quote:

OK amateur uniform designers: I've been told what the new #Dolphins unis look like. I'll give you the specs, let's see who can mock them up?

Jerseys: All white (or all aqua), with "Dolphins" on the chest below the collar (but not in cursive)

Helmet: All white, white facemask, new logo, thick aqua stripe from front to back with orange trim on both sides

Pants: White, thick aqua stripe down the sides, orange trim

And either "Miami" or "Dolphins" on the tailbone, I forget which one

#uniformtweetsya'll

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's a disturbing lack of orange in those tweets. Not that aqua is bad exactly, but there are limits.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

quote:

slightly more dignified than a football tramp stamp or the word JUICY i imagine

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Declan MacManus posted:

slightly more dignified than a football tramp stamp or the word JUICY i imagine

Ryan Tannehill with a major case of dolphin tail :nms:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ehud posted:

from @BenVolinPBP

#uniformtweetsya'll

you can't put punctuation in hashtags, what are you new

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ehud posted:

And it all comes tumbling down.

John F. Kennedy
Apr 19, 2008

The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will destroy Israel and all who serve it, and the glow from that fire will rise up to the heavens
the miami trampstamps, everyone

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, more blue-ish jerseys. That'll go well with:

(Branddilution.jpg)

Edit: Look at that Giants jersey. LOOK AT IT!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Toussaint Louverture posted:

(Branddilution.jpg)

Whats wrong with it :colbert:

besides really bad photoshop cutting out

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

(Branddilution.jpg)

We never wear our blues, Cowboys wear white from a stupid superstition and Broncos wear orange now.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

(Branddilution.jpg)

Giants Jersey is the best drat blue jersey in the league. :colbert:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Sour Diesel posted:

Giants Jersey is the best drat blue jersey in the league. :colbert:

Yeah if you like those generic jerseys from TV commercials

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Titans probably have my favorite jersey.

Just a 90's kid I guess :blush:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

here have a mock uniform based on what we know so far

helmet

Ehud fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 31, 2013

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

and in an alternate universe where snowflake still wears a helmet

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

haha

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah if you like those generic jerseys from TV commercials

If not for the NY on the chest the Giants jerseys would basically be City Name Sports Team

The away jerseys are okay though

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Whats wrong with it :colbert:

What's wrong with it is I forgot the Eagles.

Seriously, it doesn't bother you that more than half the league uses a blue tint for their home jersey?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

oh gross

Mad Mafioso
Jan 13, 2009
The Panthers wear black, the blue tops are alternates. Its not that bad, the thing is you'll never see more than two of those teams at the same time. When you line them up it looks worse than it is.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

helmet

We need to be able to read the asses. :colbert:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

What's wrong with it is I forgot the Eagles.

Seriously, it doesn't bother you that more than half the league uses a blue tint for their home jersey?

I actually hate it

but the Giants are one of the teams who have had it for years and deserve it. I wish it had some stripes on the sleeves but one of the oldest teams in the league and a team called BIG BLUE should probably have blue jerseys. I hate the Texans color, make them wear the sweet red alternates. Also the Jag's home jersey is now officially black. The Broncos home jerseys are orange now as well.

vvvv The Powder Blues weren't bad either, anything is better than the dark blue they currently use.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish San Diego's official home jerseys were white

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

(Branddilution.jpg)

Colts, Panthers, and Cowboys seem to where white more than their home and the Panthers one if more likely to be worn once maybe twice a year anyway. Texans only wear their home blue like 4 times a year anyway since they love to trot out the battle red. Broncos now wear the orange as their home jersey too.

The seahawks have what 4 variations of their jersey now as well? It's not quite that bad.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

quote:

More than Half? It's more like around a third, really. It really wouldn't be so big a deal if less teams wore the same shade of blue. The Chargers and Rams really need to go back to their old shades of blue sooner than later.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
The Patriots/Rams/Texans/Chargers/Broncos/Cowboys/Bears using the same terrible shade of super dark navy blue has got to change. It see,s like no one wears white anymore either.

The only more egregious uniform issue is that horrid shade of green the Eagles replaced their glorious kellys with.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

BlindSite posted:

Colts, Panthers, and Cowboys seem to where white more than their home and the Panthers one if more likely to be worn once maybe twice a year anyway. Texans only wear their home blue like 4 times a year anyway since they love to trot out the battle red. Broncos now wear the orange as their home jersey too.

The seahawks have what 4 variations of their jersey now as well? It's not quite that bad.

I think the Seahawks have three, Blue, Gray, and White. If the NFL wasn't so staunch about regulations they'd have a new set every week

Bliggers- posted:

The Patriots/Rams/Texans/Chargers/Broncos/Cowboys/Bears using the same terrible shade of super dark navy blue has got to change. It see,s like no one wears white anymore either.

The only more egregious uniform issue is that horrid shade of green the Eagles replaced their glorious kellys with.

White is usually designated as the color for the away team, so everyone wears white (unless the home team elects to wear their light jerseys). Also I would not change a thing about the Bears uniform, it is probably the best in the NFL.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Heaf posted:

White is usually designated as the color for the away team, so everyone wears white (unless the home team elects to wear their light jerseys). Also I would not change a thing about the Bears uniform, it is probably the best in the NFL.

Also, the Bears have had essentially the same jerseys since before any of those teams existed, minus the Rams.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really think certain teams should be allowed to play each other with their home jerseys. Every other sport can deal with one team wearing blue and the other red, why not football?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ehud posted:

helmet

From the description I thought the Away jerseys on the left would have way too much aqua, but having the orange undershirt and the shoes really balance it out. The Home uniform looks pretty meh.

Also I'm really surprised they went with white facemasks. I thought pretty much nobody but KC did that anymore because of the glare issues, especially in a place like Miami.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nike's gimmick is proprietary materials, they probably have some super-matte white for face-masks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Heaf posted:

I think the Seahawks have three, Blue, Gray, and White. If the NFL wasn't so staunch about regulations they'd have a new set every week

San Diego usually elects to wear white at home all the way into November.

A game in San Diego in September is murder on dark colors

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?

SteelAngel2000 posted:

San Diego usually elects to wear white at home all the way into November.

A game in San Diego in September is murder on dark colors

Jacksonville does exactly the same thing. I'm not sure how well this works, however.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

A lot of the warmer weather teams use the Whites as home jerseys, and again wear them on away trips. It always depends who the home team is.

Although Jacksonville switched to Black home jerseys. That seems dumb.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Febreeze posted:

A lot of the warmer weather teams use the Whites as home jerseys, and again wear them on away trips. It always depends who the home team is.

Although Jacksonville switched to Black home jerseys. That seems dumb.

Eh, their blues don't look nice anyway so maybe if they wear black and incorporate some Jaguar print the way the Bengals have they could at least have a decent unique jersey. Really, there are only a few teams that need uniform upgrades and the Vikings and Jags were two of them

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I actually find the Texans dark blue jerseys really boring and wish they'd either make the red the primary or change it completely. The red ones have personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
2013 Draft Caps are available for purchase. The underside of the bill says the name of the teams city, which is kinda nifty I suppose? I dunno, I like how MLB caps just have that part black, helps keep the glare out of your eyes.

Bliggers- posted:

uhhhhhhh

• Locked thread