Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Buddy called me today and asked if I wanted to go for a drive. I said "sure".

(click for huge)

The one in front was the surprise - I rode out in it. The 993 C4S in behind is my buddy's car and he insisted that I drive it on the way back.

That car has forced me to reevaluate my priorities. What a car. What a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
e39s still make me hot and bothered.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Had an Easter brunch today with the boyfriend's family, finally got a pic of his oldest brother's license plate. Somehow a legal Maryland plate.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
AI Landie owners, I have some awesome poo poo just for you! It may not be the regular kind of content for the thread, but it piqued my interest more than usual:

This is Ashcroft Transmissions' new ATB centre diff assembly for LT230T transfer boxes. It gives you a helical-gear auto torque biasing setup that can still be locked up like the standard open diff, and it's only £345 (which drops to £300 if you want them to slap one in a case they're already building for you).

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=381

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Crossposting from YLLS:

Trabant posted:

Couldn't decide between AI (for the car) or this thread (for the 'stache), so both get black gooooold!

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
This is awkward, bewildering, and also, somehow, amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1DgsopPgFg&t=405s

:NSFW:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

echoplex posted:

This is awkward, bewildering, and also, somehow, amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1DgsopPgFg&t=405s

:NSFW:

It's too bad someone doesn't remake this with a more modern Morgan; they could do a shot of the crosseyed lights fading into some boobs that look away from each other.

Content:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm not putting a pic in this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmh-ew1swD4

I can't stand monster energy drinks and the stupid bro truck crap things like this spawn, and parts of the video are corny as poo poo, but I would sell my left nut to drive that truck.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I would die so quickly in that :ohdear:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

I'm not putting a pic in this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmh-ew1swD4

I can't stand monster energy drinks and the stupid bro truck crap things like this spawn, and parts of the video are corny as poo poo, but I would sell my left nut to drive that truck.

Counterpoint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ouiI4jPefE

:colbert:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Counterpoint:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not going to be a dick and go back and probate people for it, but Youtube isn't a picture, and we have a thread for that already.

Now if someone bought this, that'd be pretty AI.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 2, 2013

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Saw this in front of a business today. Apparently it rolled twice while full of fuel. Driver got out with a broken finger and a fat lip...heaven only knows how.

Also the world's purplest Stingray:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm not going to be a dick and go back and probate people for it, but Youtube isn't a picture, and we have a thread for that already.

poo poo, for some reason I thought awesome youtube stuff fit in here too, I honestly had never looked in the youtube thread and was trying to be funny with that comment. My mistake :ohdear:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

Also the world's purplest best Stingray:

Fixed.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

Also the world's purplest Stingray:

:raise: Are those C4 taillights?

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
The dealership by me got a new make added to it's sign. I plan to go back and snap some photos of some of the other cool stuff they have. I was waiting on a sandwich from the Wawa next door, so did not have much time. Aside from Bentley and RR, they usually have a good amount of other stuff like Lotus, and Lambos every now and then.

There were many more in different colors, as you can kind of see in the background of the second shot (and a pretty red/orangish color by the sign, hidden behind the silver one). This one was dirty, so no sticker yet I think before detailing, but there web site lists these for 220k.

Edit: Apparently, these are used ones for 220k.

Fermunky fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 2, 2013

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

sofullofhate posted:

Holy mother of... that's maybe the most terrifying 'ring lap I've ever seen. I just watched it twice back-to-back. You can almost hear the "don't lift don't lift don't lift" except that you know that dude doesn't need to remember that.

That poor motorcyclist. I would have shat myself if I'd seen an RUF coming at me like that.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I saw this lil' fella in town last week.

930 I by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

930 II by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 2, 2013

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

Saw this fiesty little 510 at Costco last night:

Looked like something Bloot would approve of.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Saw this parked on the side of the road today:

So loving hot. I will crosspost this to the BMW thread.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Took me a while to catch it, but a guy nearby seems to be a huge Saab fan. I regularly see him in a first-gen 9-5 station wagon or a 9-3 turbo vert, but he also has this:

A second-gen Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Aero. They built less than 9000 of the 9-5 before Saab went bankrupt, I imagine not too many were Aero-spec, so that thing is quite rare. It's really a shame Saab went out of business, the second-gen 9-5 is really pretty and has a very distinctive presence on the street - you couldn't mistake it for something else.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Corona by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

not traditionally awesome but there's something nice about an old car that's still doing what it was built for.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
Pretty happy with everything going on in this image

JuanChai
Mar 3, 2007
The Chairman of the Bawd

tobu posted:

Japan hoards itself some really well-rounded and fun taxis\family cars.

That's in Hong Kong and I took both those photos :D Hehe! I love the Chaser so much. It's one of myu all time favourite JDM cars.

Hot dayum!

Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 Iniezione by Rupert Procter, on Flickr

z_JH15485 by Rupert Procter, on Flickr

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

So what's the story behind this little beast anyway? There's no plates on it at all and it's a LHD in HK which is a no-no is it not??

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 4, 2013

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Zeder Z-250. Jalopnik reminded me of this recently and called it Chrysler's would-be Corvette, which isn't really accurate. I do quite like the styling, especially for the period.

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

blk posted:

I do quite like the styling, especially for the period.

This side profile looks like an Aston Martin DB mark3 to me

edit: obviously not the headlights and grill, but from that back. Even the tails look similar.

edit: pic

VanNuys fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 4, 2013

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I believe it was designed earlier than the mk3 but I could be wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You know the part in scary movies when somebody does something really stupid, and everybody hates them for it? This is it.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

trouser chili posted:

You know the part in scary movies when somebody does something really stupid, and everybody hates them for it? This is it.

Isn't it one of the trucks the built for the movie?
http://www.thecreepertruck.com/

picture ...ohshit um I lost most of them when my last hard drive died but I like this one because it has many good things.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

trouser chili posted:

I don't follow. Bertone did the Zeder in the early 50s, before the DB2-4 which was the first with those fins; the Mk III was late 50s.

blk fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 4, 2013

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
I'm not sure if you were referring to what I said. I just said they two look similar (which is good, imo) which I don't feel is dumb unless im missing something. :iiam:

VanNuys fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 4, 2013

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

General_Failure posted:

Isn't it one of the trucks the built for the movie?
http://www.thecreepertruck.com/

Yes, the quote is from the movie too. It's meant to be relevant to the post above and still contain a picture.

Since I have no relevant picture for this post, enjoy this picture of the last three remaining kolache from the box I bought to share with the office.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

atomicthumbs posted:

Corona by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

not traditionally awesome but there's something nice about an old car that's still doing what it was built for.

Hey! A '77!

I used to own a 77 Corona, I picked it up at a junkyard for $700, it was completely straight but the interior was completely thrashed. Mine was that same shade of tan, but lacked the fake wood paneling and was not a wagon.

Pretty much like this one:

Also I've not been able to find any pics of it, but mine had some black plastic fake hood vents that were OEM :3: I really loved that car, but then some bitch on a cellphone had to rear end me in a late gen TrailBlazer and total it :sigh:

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 4, 2013

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

We went to the Nurburgring and made some aero out of cardboard.

The results were very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Y2_nkAKyo

JuanChai
Mar 3, 2007
The Chairman of the Bawd

88h88 posted:

So what's the story behind this little beast anyway? There's no plates on it at all and it's a LHD in HK which is a no-no is it not??

The government has recently made some rules where you can register an LHD car to be driven on the road under special cicumstances. Have a look here...

http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/licences_and_permits/trade_licence/application_for_existing_and_new_trade_licence/

Hopefully, that means we'll be seeing even more exotic stuff as people work out how to take advantage of the new laws.

Content: Aston Zagato masquerading as Kermit the Frog is something you don't often see on the road...

Aston Martin Zagato by Rupert Procter, on Flickr

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
This showed up on my Facebook wall the other day

gently caress

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

trouser chili posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Continuing in that vein: