Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

I think it's awesome~ :allears:

The magic will be jumping and indeed dancing off this set, good price too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

I showed my wife this and bam we're in for 100

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
Best.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I can't fit that pillow in my pants

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

If I could time travel back to 1998 and start an alternative rock band, this photo would be our album cover.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I'm a little surprised that Labyrinth kickstarter didn't hit its goal within the first minute.

Gruyurg
Aug 9, 2012
Help me make my anime!!!

Skip to a minute in the kickstarter video and you'll get to see this guy's great ART. You can also check out his Youtube and see his voice acting tests. They're all annoying and unfitting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlSY5gaa9VY Look at that girl's midsection.

EDIT: This is something I'm on the fence about. Birdemic style shitfest, or a new classic?
Also, 10 thousand pounds for this...

Gruyurg has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Apr 2, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

I can't fit that pillow in my pants

Then get bigger pants.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I wonder what makes him think $10k is enough to make an anime series.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Kaethela posted:

Gimme money for anime: Risks and Challenges posted:

A few of the challenges I face after the project is funded, is finding more people to help me with the animation part along with background art. Having only two people take on all the animation aspects, will take some time.

"Help" doesn't sound like "hire" to me, so...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

InShaneee posted:

"Help" doesn't sound like "hire" to me, so...

No it's cool, by finding people willing to do it for free on nights and weekends it totally helps keep the costs down and he passes the savings on to you. You get what you pay for is what I'm saying and that is why I will spend nothing

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

It almost seems worth the $500 to send them a picture of myself wearing the most ridiculous thing possible and force them to make a terrible animation of me getting eaten and put it in their movie.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I want to marry that pillow :allears:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Looking at his profile pic and what I assume is the main protagonist, he is making a self-insert anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If he wants to be a real anime, he's probably going to need at least 20 times what he's asking.

For each episode.

Animation is expensive.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The Incredible Ed posted:

It almost seems worth the $500 to send them a picture of myself wearing the most ridiculous thing possible and force them to make a terrible animation of me getting eaten and put it in their movie.

There is no limit put on that backing option, what if 20 people pledge $500? He will have his goal, but he will have to add in a bunch of people getting attacked by dinosaurs. I hope he would not cop out and have them all attacked by the same dinosaur in the same scene.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Anime guy should take a page out of JiDi JiDi Fairies or Inferno Cop and just do it, drat the animation.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Machai posted:

Looking at his profile pic and what I assume is the main protagonist, he is making a self-insert anime.

Eww... well, at least only one person backed this thing so far, and only a measly 10 bucks. We won't be seeing it crash and burn, thank goodness.

Pay us to make our comic. My problem is that some people have actually shelled some money out to this thing... but at least it looks like it's going to fail pretty hard. 6.8k in 70 minutes? Nah.

Looks tasty, but no. Also, anything using "Fantabulistic" that often in any form, written or spoken, invites failure. You've earned it! :bravo:

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 16:41 on Apr 3, 2013

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Kaethela posted:

Surely, he can save a lot of money per episode by using Google and deviantArt to get his backgrounds.

The background used at 1:33 of his video, the bit with the random cherry-blossom tree and the angel, is actually this piece. I use the provided desktop version as a wallpaper; it's drat nice-looking and he kinda shits all over it in his video.

tlarn has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Apr 3, 2013

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Gruyurg posted:

Help me make my anime!!!

Skip to a minute in the kickstarter video and you'll get to see this guy's great ART.

Yeah, I skipped to a minute. One of those lovely anime kids is literally Roxas, complete with the outfit and those weird checkered wristwraps.

Something tells me even if he makes it, Disney won't like that.

batphantom
Mar 24, 2001

Another example of kickjacking.

Julie Bee's Fall 2013 Collection
Ask: $20K
Current: $17.5K
Backers: 80
Average per backer: $220

Ladies love shoes, right? Of the 80, there are 12 backing in the $200-$350 range, and yet the daily chart shows one day with $9K on zero net backers. Call it one, with one backing out. And yet the highest tier with a backer is $350, despite tiers with $5K and $10K. She still needs $2500 with two days left, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that she'll just make it. So thanks to one "angel" investor, she'll make her goal. Again, someone's paying nearly half her ask in one shot, and 79 others will be on the hook for a project that shouldn't have made its goal.

Grip N Stand 3 in 1 Cell Grip, Clip, and Stand
Ask: $18K
Current: $14.8K
Backers: 96
Average per backer: $155

Things were moving pretty slowly until the 17th, where three backers kicked in a total of $10K. Riiiight. For a cheap looking clipstand, which costs $25. Someone obviously jacked this, although it's possible one person ordered 400 units. For christmas gifts, I'm sure. With three days left, they're gonna need another angel, despite appearing on a radio show to TALK about their invention. Of course, RADIO! What a great way to get the idea across.

This one's not a kickjack, but this guy's got a $60 thing that clips on to a kinect that will theoretically follow your eye movements to control your computer. Ladies and Gentlemen, EyeCharm. Even though you still need to use the keyboard, hey, it's kind of using your eyes! Much better than the precision of a mouse, am i rite fellas? Of course, they're a whisker away from their $100K on 1271 backers, so there's actually a tiny demand for it.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

tlarn posted:

Surely, he can save a lot of money per episode by using Google and deviantArt to get his backgrounds.

The background used at 1:33 of his video, the bit with the random cherry-blossom tree and the angel, is actually this piece. I use the provided desktop version as a wallpaper; it's drat nice-looking and he kinda shits all over it in his video.

I suspect ALL the backgrounds are stollen, several look suspiciously like are definitely Makoto Shinkai background plates, like

at 1:15

and at 1:13

yeah

If you're gonna steal backgrounds, at LEAST try to cover your tracks by going after some poor sod on DA who isn't one of the biggest names in animation and a maker of films with one of the most distinctive background styles in the drat world.

Pyros
Mar 24, 2003

The Leper Messiah

It got canceled about an hour ago :(

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Pyros posted:

It got canceled about an hour ago :(

Anyone know what happened? Was he lying about it being 'officially licensed'?

Pyros
Mar 24, 2003

The Leper Messiah

Autechresaint posted:

Anyone know what happened? Was he lying about it being 'officially licensed'?

They do seem to actually license their stuff and have existing Labyrinth products, including stuff sold on Amazon. So that looks legit, although they haven't posted anywhere about why it was killed.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
Some things are just too drat beautiful for this world.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Pyros posted:

They do seem to actually license their stuff and have existing Labyrinth products, including stuff sold on Amazon. So that looks legit, although they haven't posted anywhere about why it was killed.

Maybe they got enough funding to make it without Kickstarter?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

JGBeagle posted:

Maybe they got enough funding to make it without Kickstarter?

Why wouldn't they want extra money?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
Stinks to me of promotion. Using a kickstarter to build excitement and then cancel it, instead taking pre-orders for which kickstarter won't get a cut and they can charge full price.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Incredible Ed posted:

Stinks to me of promotion. Using a kickstarter to build excitement and then cancel it, instead taking pre-orders for which kickstarter won't get a cut and they can charge full price.

Yeah I'm amazed more people haven't done this despite being against KS rules. Then again KS rules haven't stopped anyone. Still odd considering they hadn't even made their money yet and it wasn't even close to finishing iirc

Gruyurg
Aug 9, 2012
Well that Labyrinth cancelling sucked, but guess what's looking to be funded today? It's everyone's favorite alternative currency... BITCOINS!! :toot:
I assume all backers pay in Bitcoin, and right now it's at like .05 Bitcoins (seriously 100 bucks/btc how did that happen???)

EDIT: In a few hours, this Kickstarter has gone up to... 0.1 BITCOINS!!! THAT'S TWICE WHAT IT HAD EARLIER. BITCOINS BE GOING PLACES I TELLS YA.

Gruyurg has a new favorite as of 03:02 on Apr 5, 2013

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Gruyurg posted:

Well that Labyrinth cancelling sucked, but guess what's looking to be funded today? It's everyone's favorite alternative currency... BITCOINS!! :toot:
I assume all backers pay in Bitcoin, and right now it's at like .05 Bitcoins (seriously 100 bucks/btc how did that happen???)

What the gently caress is the Pizza Index?

Gruyurg
Aug 9, 2012
NEVERMIND I JUST NOTICED SOMEONE BOUGHT A PIZZA FOR 10K BUTTCOIN

Gruyurg has a new favorite as of 01:26 on Apr 5, 2013

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kaethela posted:

Read the reward tiers — it's explained there.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tippis posted:

Read the reward tiers — it's explained there.

Thanks for that, must've just skipped right over it. I bet whoever spent 10k buttcoins on a pizza feels stupid now!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Kaethela posted:

Back in 2010, a dude named Laszlo Hanyecz sent someone 10,000 Bitcoins to get him a couple pizzas and to take a picture of it. Back then, a Bitcoin was worth a few pennies each. The other person still spent actual money to buy the pizzas.

My only guess is it's just to keep track of how much that one pizza has grown in internet-money worth.

I like how one of the reward tiers is to design your own version of the Pizza Index, and there's no guarantee it'll even stick around. Pledge $1,000, up for thirty days, pledge $10,000, up for a whopping sixty days!

Gruyurg posted:

NEVERMIND I JUST NOTICED SOMEONE BOUGHT A PIZZA FOR 10K BUTTCOIN

And he didn't even get to eat it. :smith:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Guess what actually exists. If it's reported on Slashdot, it's got to be true. . . Right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Guess what actually exists. If it's reported on Slashdot, it's got to be true. . . Right?

We've been talking about it in the OUYA thread in Games for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Slashdot's still around? And people still read it?