Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rage at me
Mar 7, 2006

i can feel your anger
I just reactivated my account because of some friends. I pretty much only play thid/molvik... is there even any BG action on the EA servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Woodhouse posted:

Er, I didnt see an Uthgard forum so I figure I'll post here.

I'm rolling an 8 man with some old Mordred friends and we need some fillers for Zerk/Aug Healer if anyone's is interested.

Here is the post on the forums if anyone is interested:

http://uthgard.net/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29583

Who knows, maybe some of you goons are old DAoC friends and I'm taking a stab in the dark.

I have a 47 temped zerk I'd be interested in running at some point in time.

Gastrointestinal Joe
Mar 29, 2010
Played this from 2001-2005 mainly as a Mana Mentalist. Burned out and never really got too far into RR or ML. Gave the account away and have long since lost the info.

Reading this thread broke me down and I started fresh a day ago with a trial account as, you guessed it, a Mana Ment. Im already 46 and grinding glass quests using the CV bounty gear. Sadly, All my DAoC knowledge has pretty much been purged over time so could someone update me on the current viability of a 48 Mana spec for roaming RvR and keep/milegate defense?

I picked the Stormlord path, and would like to focus on making my DoTs hit as hard as possible, so any knowledge you might have about what RA abilities are worth it in the current state of the game would be much appreciated. All the templates I've been able to find online are at least 5 years old. :(

Also, Can you still 10-man Galladoria with Animist turret spam?

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
I reactivated, brought my bot back too. I'll be trying to group with Cult Nylar when I can get on. Just looking to get back into it right now.

Is max determination prefered over 10 minute purge? They reset my R8 Abilites on my Champ.

Pappasmurf1978
Nov 29, 2011

DDDJohnny posted:

Played this from 2001-2005 mainly as a Mana Mentalist. Burned out and never really got too far into RR or ML. Gave the account away and have long since lost the info.

Reading this thread broke me down and I started fresh a day ago with a trial account as, you guessed it, a Mana Ment. Im already 46 and grinding glass quests using the CV bounty gear. Sadly, All my DAoC knowledge has pretty much been purged over time so could someone update me on the current viability of a 48 Mana spec for roaming RvR and keep/milegate defense?

I picked the Stormlord path, and would like to focus on making my DoTs hit as hard as possible, so any knowledge you might have about what RA abilities are worth it in the current state of the game would be much appreciated. All the templates I've been able to find online are at least 5 years old. :(

postcount.net has some pretty up to date info and templates.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail

DDDJohnny posted:

mana ments pretty much aren't a thing anymore. there isn't a situation where people will want your dots over straight up nukes. especially with hib having baseline stun, you want to be able to drop a dude while they are still in the stun/before they can get healed up

Gastrointestinal Joe
Mar 29, 2010

ggschmitty posted:

mana ments pretty much aren't a thing anymore. there isn't a situation where people will want your dots over straight up nukes. especially with hib having baseline stun, you want to be able to drop a dude while they are still in the stun/before they can get healed up

Well that certainly backs up the most recent info I've been able to find. Seems going heavy Ment or Light is the way to go now. Might as well give it a try! Upon reflection this shouldn't come as much of a surprise. I do remember being Mana spec was a bit frustrating in small skirmish and open field RvR. I had to hold back AE DoT spam most of the time so that CC'ers could get the drop. I'm guessing protracted keep defenses aren't as common anymore either, what with the lower population, which is where I got most of my kills anyway.

Pappasmurf1978 posted:

postcount.net has some pretty up to date info and templates.

This helped! Thank you!

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Snaxxor posted:

I reactivated, brought my bot back too. I'll be trying to group with Cult Nylar when I can get on. Just looking to get back into it right now.

Is max determination prefered over 10 minute purge? They reset my R8 Abilites on my Champ.

Purge now has 5 levels I believe all the way down to a 5 min reuse, Determination is pretty great when its coupled with charge, most CC classes worth their salt will already have 25% duration built into their templates thus adding even more time to what ever CC. I don't play a charge tank ( well outside of molvik ). But I think its always good to have purge at some level ( I have purge 2 on my mins and I'm leaning to move to purge 3 to lower the reuse. )

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Is there a Mumble/Vent/TS where people hang out? I'm just trying the trial (never played before) and got my Hibernia dude up to L33 doing these battleground repeatable quests. Looking for a crew to go kill people or stuff with before I decide whether or not to plop down $15.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006

Iceberg-Slim posted:

Is there a Mumble/Vent/TS where people hang out? I'm just trying the trial (never played before) and got my Hibernia dude up to L33 doing these battleground repeatable quests. Looking for a crew to go kill people or stuff with before I decide whether or not to plop down $15.

I don't think so, really. Me and antilash are always chilling in a vent though when we rvr so if you would like to listen to us getting killed by albs and mids over and over again you could always just message us in game! snackers/antilash. Is your 33 dude a stealther?

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
I've resubbed to play this a bit too, while waiting for Camelot Unchained (No thread on this here yet? Too early?).

Anyways, I'm kind of torn on what to play. Currently have a majority of characters on Mid side, but a few 50's on Hib and Alb. Maybe I should just level something hib side for molvik?

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
We are totally rocking out in a stealther guild playing cool stealthers. If you need anything I'm antilash/rovyn and you can hit me up in game like snackers said!

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
I messaged Snackers yesterday. Started a nightshade named Jekx. (All my usual names are taken up, I have so many chars all over ugh)

Anyways, found my old classic server bard and transferred him over as well with a good chunk of plat, to help me run around get get quests done (mmmm bard speed).
Same account also has a 40 druid I might start leveling once the NS is caught up, so I have some sort of bot (Though I'm not sure how needed a bot is these days, with buyable buffs).

Eh, should be playing a lot this weekend hehe.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Are extend groups still a thing? Probably our second best era after the PB bomb party was when we ran speedwarp extend caster groups. Everybody was so glass - if your bladeturn got broken, just go ahead and get up to take a piss and get a drink cause you're dead. Was a great challenge.

Something like cleric/cleric/friar/mind sorc/split sorc/split cab/body cab/theurgist, minstrel on croc tear.

Glad to see you all are having fun, and the game sounds much less painful to level up these days. No time for actually playing lately, but I still like to talk shop from time to time.

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
I haven't played in years, but I read this thread start to finish in a fit of nostalgia. I played for years shortly after launch, on Mid/Guin. Ran a carebear RP guild and had a ton of fun in my first MMO.

...and there's an NPC named after my main in game. So if you do the dragon stuff in Mid, say hi to Amaravasa Das for me.

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
Missing out on playing with my goon buddies, if I did some major mistake of etiquette please let me know. Would like to earn realm points with friends of Hibernia goons if available.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

Are extend groups still a thing? Probably our second best era after the PB bomb party was when we ran speedwarp extend caster groups. Everybody was so glass - if your bladeturn got broken, just go ahead and get up to take a piss and get a drink cause you're dead. Was a great challenge.

Something like cleric/cleric/friar/mind sorc/split sorc/split cab/body cab/theurgist, minstrel on croc tear.

Glad to see you all are having fun, and the game sounds much less painful to level up these days. No time for actually playing lately, but I still like to talk shop from time to time.

Extend groups are for sure still a thing on alb, though people are starting to move to hybrid groups ( bringing in a charge tank or a defensive tank switching bodyguard ). Best thing to do is body debuff train on alb these days: cleric/friar/spirt cab/body sorc/split sorc ( for cc ) /mini /thurg/ then a free slot for either a tank for charge or an extra thurg for interrupts. As long as you extend a tank group long enough their charge expires and their support isn't fast enough through the speedwarps. But everyone has to be on the ball for it to work.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

Snaxxor posted:

Missing out on playing with my goon buddies, if I did some major mistake of etiquette please let me know. Would like to earn realm points with friends of Hibernia goons if available.

This is antilash. We're messing around on alb land at the moment checking everything out and just generally screwing around. We miss you too :D I'm braenmeat on alb side at the moment but give me a message and I'll give you a vent info we hang out on.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Does anyone play mid on uthgard? I have a level 26 thane on there.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

nousername posted:

This is antilash. We're messing around on alb land at the moment checking everything out and just generally screwing around. We miss you too :D I'm braenmeat on alb side at the moment but give me a message and I'll give you a vent info we hang out on.

are you guys on Ywain?

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
yeah we're playing on ywain. We have a good stealther guild on hib side and we're playing with a few people on alb side at the moment as well.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
The Waffleses are playing a bit again! We lost most of the weekend to getting our animists and buffbot to 50 and then checking out the new epic armor/items, followed by trying (unsuccessfully) to clear the Picts from Druim Cain. We couldn't even dent the purple with our chanter focus pull group.

Would you mind if we drop these on the Cult website?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
go for it :)

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Think i'll reactivate in the next few days, seem to remember having a cathal valley ranger and maybe a ns.

I heard glass xp got nerfed is this true and if so how badly?

This is splahterhouse btw.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
They nerfed the gold you receive from glass by a substantial amount. The xp is less as well so now days it's more efficient to run the CV quests to hit 50. If you're looking to level champion levels then it's still a good option as it gives 2k+ per quest.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
splaht come play alb with us :)

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

ggschmitty posted:

splaht come play alb with us :)

yes, alb best realm :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Twlight posted:

yes, alb worst realm :)

Fixed!

Oh, by the way, could you get out of my backyard? Not only have you stolen all of the players, but all of the Hib keeps as well. :(

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

What is the alb guild called?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
we are in forsaken warriors, i'm a minstrel named hors and lash is playing an inf named braenmeat.

dakuroot
Sep 22, 2003
^________^
So i've been playing again for a while and I'm having fun. Thanks to the quests in the battle grounds leveling is super fast and they pretty much hand out gear now. I've got a 50 scout on alb named Endosmoke hit me up whenever i'm on

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got an email this morning saying the Camelot Unchained kickstarter has begun. In case you haven't heard of it already, it promises to be a spiritual successor to DAoC headed by Mark Jacobs, founder of Mythic. "Let's make a new game. Boy DAoC was sure cool, maybe we should just remake that with modern principles?"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

I'm posting here instead of the Kickstarter thread because everyone who cares probably pays attention to this thread anyway.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Droid Washington posted:

I'm posting here instead of the Kickstarter thread because everyone who cares probably pays attention to this thread anyway.

Thanks for this, hadn't heard about it and seems interesting enough. Not surprised by how much money it already raised.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

Droid Washington posted:

I got an email this morning saying the Camelot Unchained kickstarter has begun. In case you haven't heard of it already, it promises to be a spiritual successor to DAoC headed by Mark Jacobs, founder of Mythic. "Let's make a new game. Boy DAoC was sure cool, maybe we should just remake that with modern principles?"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

I'm looking forward to this. I just pledged $50.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
Donated. None of the games I've tried playing since DAOC really kept me playing but I've got pretty high hopes for this. Hope it doesn't turn into another WAR though.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I dropped 40 as well, It just seems a good interesting RVR focused mmo and there is nothing wrong with that, well so far that is!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I wonder if any of the inn pledgers are goons.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

ButtaKnife posted:

The Waffleses are playing a bit again!

Hi waffles and friends! It is great to hear you are back. I was devastated when you went MIA and let my subscription lapse. If you guys are still around at the end of this month I'll have to come back to overextend and break CC with my aoe proc.

By the way, I miss talking about cooking with you scoodles.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I know its a long running joke but according to some mythic posts, mordred transfers might be happening this week.

In reality land, i leveled a minst to 30~ before that was announced, my main on mordred was a rr6 minst.

I started up a warden in the mean time, are they pretty much relegated to healing in groups? Looks like they could be good peelers/solo/duoers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

CopperHound posted:

Hi waffles and friends! It is great to hear you are back. I was devastated when you went MIA and let my subscription lapse. If you guys are still around at the end of this month I'll have to come back to overextend and break CC with my aoe proc.

Copper! We should be around, assuming I can get the gaming tower up and running again. Apparently the northbridge is having heat issues. Should anything change we'll be sure to post it here.

madpanda posted:

I started up a warden in the mean time, are they pretty much relegated to healing in groups? Looks like they could be good peelers/solo/duoers.

Wardens are best as healers and peelers, last I checked. They have most of the healing abilities that druids do, plus weapon and shield styles to slow meleers. Also, TWF ftw.

Edit: Removed unrelated quoted text.

• Locked thread