Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Thank you so much for these. I absolutely adored the original videos that have been pasted in here many times, but I'd never seen one with the new voice modulation tools, and now I'm having to do everything possible to stop myself from bursting into open fits of laughter in my cubicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Floating Demon statue disguise

The wonderful thing about Dark Souls is that somewhere there are people who just think that those demon statues just occasionally breathe awesomely destructive fire, and they're really cautious whenever those statues are around.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Hey I made a couple of these of these a few years ago too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RONp-vsKinE

I also had some fun with Napoleonic Wars but I wouldn't really call it griefing so much as just being retarded and useless. The real fun starts at about 5:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxgqtO6mqgU

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 5, 2013

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Someone once sent me the full lyrics to Never Gonna Give You Up in mumble when I had text to speech on. I no longerhave text to speech on.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fil5000 posted:

Someone once sent me the full lyrics to Never Gonna Give You Up in mumble when I had text to speech on. I no longerhave text to speech on.

That's nothing. I posted Stephanie Meyers 763 word explanation on how vampire pregnancy works into mumble.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The thing about the text-to-speech is that that's a standard feature in Unreal Engine 3 (indeed, it's present in Unreal Tournament 3 as well). The voice modulation was also something that existed in UT3 too, since it's just feeding special data to the text-to-speech engine.

Of course so few people played UT3 that the feature was discovered years later in a free game released by NASA.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Soulex posted:

Someone told me of command or something over aim that would force the users disk tray to open. Was he full of poo poo or did this really work?

Remember those early CDRom drives that had a full set of cdplayer controls on them? For some reason the api standard for talking to those things would let you simulate presses on the buttons, including eject. For some inexplicable reason this functionality made it into (4.x) era flash too, so basically every webpage I made during highschool would have a 1x1 transparent SWF in the footer that would eventually open your cdrom drive if left alone for long enough.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Fil5000 posted:

I unintentionally griefed a few members of our guild in Age of Wushu by simply chatting in mumble. I don't have a mic, so I have to type everything I want to say. Some of our members had T2S on and would vehemently refuse to turn it off, instead demanding that I either stop typing completely or go buy a mic so that they no longer had to hear "Neo-geo-zero-EIGHT-two-three" every time I typed something. Apparently there was a bit of an accentuation over the eight specifically. Also apparently, once you register your name in Mumble, you can't change it. Once we got a new Mumble server, I was forced to register with the "0823" cut off my name.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

neogeo0823 posted:

I unintentionally griefed a few members of our guild in Age of Wushu by simply chatting in mumble. I don't have a mic, so I have to type everything I want to say. Some of our members had T2S on and would vehemently refuse to turn it off, instead demanding that I either stop typing completely or go buy a mic so that they no longer had to hear "Neo-geo-zero-EIGHT-two-three" every time I typed something. Apparently there was a bit of an accentuation over the eight specifically. Also apparently, once you register your name in Mumble, you can't change it. Once we got a new Mumble server, I was forced to register with the "0823" cut off my name.

I'm pretty sure you can mute individual user messages in mumble. I'd have just disabled messages from you until you managed to scrap up $20 for a mic. :shepface:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Yes I know this is a terrible cliche but I almost wrecked my mechanical keyboard by drinking before watching this.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Does anyone know what the following grief is called? Basically you initially have a sexy woman as your avatar, intice a couple of dolts to dance with you, and then change into an ugly man avatar. I saw a few videos of this posted earlier in this thread and was laughing my arse off...

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

I'm going to make sweet love to him! FROM THE BACK!!
RRRRRRRRR

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Does anyone know what the following grief is called? Basically you initially have a sexy woman as your avatar, intice a couple of dolts to dance with you, and then change into an ugly man avatar. I saw a few videos of this posted earlier in this thread and was laughing my arse off...

I always heard this referred to as "Quincying" I used to do it all the time in Playstation Home. Sadly, I don't have any notable stories from it, just a lot of sad nerds calling me gay.

SkopeDog
Sep 6, 2011

Nerolus posted:

Hey I made a couple of these of these a few years ago too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RONp-vsKinE

I also had some fun with Napoleonic Wars but I wouldn't really call it griefing so much as just being retarded and useless. The real fun starts at about 5:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxgqtO6mqgU

What kind of big jerk stabs someone for making lovely music?

I hadn't heard of this DLC, actually. I'll have to get it, I've always enjoyed muzzle loaders at the range.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Baiting.

*takes a chomp*
Sep 4, 2006
If we are talking about mumble griefing. Mumble griefed me. My username takesachomp couldn't login into any channel no matter what. Took me weeks to figureout mumble is a buggy poo poo, the problem? My username. Takesachomp would invalidate any login credentials. HOWEVER, takesachom7 would.

Cue voice to text saying. takes a chomSEVEN has enter the channel.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

These read like a mix of how Perverted Justice found pedos to feed to Chris Hansen and those old ancient and nasty IM pranks on Fugly. EPG reminded me a bit of Evilsarah when I got here.

poo poo some of those chats are 13 years old now :psyduck:

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

*takes a chomp* posted:

If we are talking about mumble griefing. Mumble griefed me. My username takesachomp couldn't login into any channel no matter what. Took me weeks to figureout mumble is a buggy poo poo, the problem? My username. Takesachomp would invalidate any login credentials. HOWEVER, takesachom7 would.

Cue voice to text saying. takes a chomSEVEN has enter the channel.

I wonder if there's some sort of exploit possibility here. It just can't take that perfectly normal ASCII string for the username?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Cakeequals posted:

I always heard this referred to as "Quincying" I used to do it all the time in Playstation Home. Sadly, I don't have any notable stories from it, just a lot of sad nerds calling me gay.

This is it, cheers!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neogeo0823 posted:

As one of the dudes who whined at you, it was just annoying because your name was invariably way longer than your message. It wasn't the text2speech that was annoying.

You weren't as bad as some other guy who had a name that just broke the T2S entirely and made it slowly rattle off like 20 letters before saying anything.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD9Uu1U0iuk

This is a pretty brilliant grief. It brings everyone together.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

OSI bean dip posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD9Uu1U0iuk

This is a pretty brilliant grief. It brings everyone together.
For some strange reason the guy's voice reminds me of Josh Groban and now I can't stop laughing. Just the idea of Josh going onto random game servers, and griefing people in a way that brings everyone together. :3:

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
That's brilliant :3: Only problem is the guy speaking isn't the video maker so I can't find more like it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Infinite Monkeys posted:

That's brilliant :3: Only problem is the guy speaking isn't the video maker so I can't find more like it.

Unless I am mistaking your request, Monkeys...

E: I am. Yeah, no idea who ImAdante is.

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 8, 2013

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I love team killing in Dust. To the point where when corp members join my squad, they have to ask if we're playing serious, or if we'll be team killing all match. I've been called out on the official forums for it 3 or 4 times now, which pretty much makes me the most well known team killer in the game. And yet some people still don't realize this and send me hate mail, of which I love to share the best of for everyone's amusement.

Orv
May 4, 2011
"An FPS where you play by sound" is a perfect Molydeux tweet.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Orv posted:

I want to play this game now. I imagine it would involve a blindfolded setup (like in deep sea), and a lot of terror.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Orv posted:

Ray Charles Music to Kill By, coming to PC, 360 and PS3 this fall.

(Now I need to make a kickstarter.)

Orv
May 4, 2011
BatMatch. Bat deathmatch.

Or Ecco 2: In For The Krill.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Infinite Monkeys posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdanteGaming
shazam

These dudes are pretty cool. Here is a video where they are both singing instead of playing the game~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiqvS48Zu-I

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Orv posted:

Nah, that's just a mod for Quake or an iOS game. A real Molydeux tweet is

Molydeux posted:

I also love the idea of playing a character who is PRETENDING to be blind, so you have to keep bumping into things to not arouse suspicion.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sammus posted:

I love team killing in Dust. To the point where when corp members join my squad, they have to ask if we're playing serious, or if we'll be team killing all match.

I dunno if this has been touched on, but one thing the Dust player-base has in steady supply is useless teammates. You tend to have a few every match, usually snipers who camp hundreds of meters from the action and plink away ineffectively. Often this doesn't affect things, maybe because the other team has the same number of idiots. But when you get a team full of these brilliant marksmen, you tend to get murdered and pushed back to your spawn area.

At this point, you have to ask yourself: should I keep running up to the enemy line and get murdered over and over, or should I play whack-a-pubbie with my own team? For most of us in the goon group, the answer is pretty clear.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Our beloved grief haven Age of Wushu goes retail on 10 April.

Expert teams of goons have prepared the way for your fresh characters by:

Ensuring an endless supply of pubbies that are frothing with rage and will attempt to kill you and in all likelihood fail (at least some of the time).

Paving the way with fresh geysers of vomit.

Engaging in an extensive hearts and minds campaign.

Here we send popular guild leader powpow many gifts:

{Brief backstory. powpow is the head of a pubbie guild who was an early goon hate adopter. Cow dung is sometimes gotten from tricky beggars who sell you a lucky dip sack. Cow Dung does not stack. On a very rough tally, thanks to the generous nature of goons, powpow receives something like a hundred of these a day. The only time I have ever had one returned is when he is offline long enough for the server's automated mail return system to return them. This would seem to indicate that he is withdrawing and disposing of them one at a time}.

As far as griefs go this isn't particularly inspired but has to be given points for shear scale. If you think our griefing is in danger of suffering a nadir please roll a bad chinaperson and help us to serve you better.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Come play Wushu, so you too can be part of the Mongoonian Horde that continues to pillage and plunder all of Ancient China. We are officially one of the most powerful guilds on the server, and are beginning to flush our enemies out from their homes, much to their rage.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Is there a way to poopsock this game

Because I would join but I want to poopsock the gently caress out of it

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Boy won't you feel dumb when it turns out that cow poo poo is a component to make gunpowder or something.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dr_Amazing posted:

Boy won't you feel dumb when it turns out that cow poo poo is a component to make gunpowder or something.

Powpow McVeigh?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More mail grief, this time by goons, on goons.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

death .cab for qt posted:

Is there a way to poopsock this game

Because I would join but I want to poopsock the gently caress out of it

This is the N menu. Notice the other seven tabs. If you like poopsocking you do the spying missions to get exp capped for the day and then go batshit nuts on the mining/gathering nodes because ThirdWorldReggin and the other crafters need all of the materials forever and ever, amen. Then you can join a gigantic blob of partially drunk goons to go steamroll a kung-fu school and steal their kung fu.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not the first to do this, I'm sure, but it's goddamn fun.

I built a SL 25 "Blightblaster" in Dark Souls, made him a Dickwraith, and he spends all his days roaming blighttown with Force, Emit Force, a dragonslayer bow and a big gently caress-off club. I invade people and whack/kick/blast them off platforms into a horrible death (sometimes from the fall alone, others by the mobs that gang up on them when they land) and it's loving amazing.

If I ever get a capture card I will take pictures/videos just for the momentary laugh value. Hell, I may even make a stupid youtube channel for it.

I only do these invasions a few times a day, if I even have time to play the game at all, but god drat it's the most fun I've had griefing since old-school UO. And oh god the hate mail :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I didn't have FRAPS up and I don't know the screenshot key, but I made a Thatcher joke in Uncharted Waters Online tonight and by the end of my baiting I had multiple people calling Nelson Mandela an evil terrorist. Oh politics in MMOs, will you ever fail to entertain?

• Locked thread