Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I love that Jon Hamm is such a huge comedy nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mst3kmann posted:

Just saw on Dave Anthony's twitter that Walking the Room is back from hiatus. Should be interesting to hear what Greg has to say.

This makes me so happy.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Mst3kmann posted:

Just saw on Dave Anthony's twitter that Walking the Room is back from hiatus. Should be interesting to hear what Greg has to say.

Abusing prescription dog pills has to be the most Walking the Room reason for all of this.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Billy Gnosis posted:

Abusing prescription dog pills has to be the most Walking the Room reason for all of this.

What was it though? Valium or tramadol or vicodin? Dogs take a lot of the same pain/anxiety medication as humans.

Al! posted:

I love that Jon Hamm is such a huge comedy nerd.

I love this, too. He did a voice-over as talking toilet in an E.T. parody episode of Bob's Burgers.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Vicodin

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

You have to be a huge dick to steal medication from a dog that is injured and in pain.

Wait, we're talking about Greg Behrendt right? He's a huge dick anyway.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Maybe the dog was scamming meds and sharing them with Greg.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

escape artist posted:

You have to be a huge dick to steal medication from a dog that is injured and in pain.

Huge dick is an odd characterization of a dude who is usually nothing but positive and supportive of things he is interested in and likes and laisse-faire about things he isn't interested in.

Also one of the dogs died and he was dipping into the surplus, so it was just pathetic and not actually abusive of animals.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

escape artist posted:

An addict did something dickish in the midst of seeking out their chosen substance?! I've never heard of that kind of behavior from an addict. OUTRAGEOUS! :arghfist:

I was really hoping for Gilmartin to be in for the first episode back so it could be couples therapy WTR style in the closet.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 2, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Ches Neckbeard posted:

An addict did something dickish in the midst of seeking out their chosen substance?! I've never heard of that kind of behavior from an addict. OUTRAGEOUS! :arghfist:

I was really hoping for Gilmartin to be in for the first episode back so it could be couples therapy WTR style in the closet.

Man, I need you around to talk to my family next time I have a relapse! Please, can I hire you to be my personal drug abuse apologist?

I'm not trying to be facetious or anything. I am a drug addict. I went to rehab last year. I am still a drug addict. I get high almost 6 days a week at least. I'm not downplaying the severity. I should probably go back to rehab.

My dog had surgery and always has valium on hand. Guess what: my drug of choice is benzos. I don't steal from my dog. He's the one thing I put above my drug addiction. I've given him my medication before and suffered instead of him, on weekends, when the vet was closed.

We're addicts, but that doesn't mean we're absolved of every decision we make, is all I'm saying.

edit:
But since people were saying the dog was dead and there was a surplus, that kind of puts a new spin on it. If my dog died, I would drat sure have a terrible relapse.

Anyway... I like Gilmartin a lot. The Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast has really given me some insight into myself. Not that I'm cured, or by any means a happy person at this time... but I think it's an awesome thing, what Paul does. He lays everything that has happened to him out on the table, in the name of helping other people.

As far as my dislike for Greg is considered, it goes back to having an ex read snippets from "He's Just Not That Into You" to me.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 2, 2013

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Exact same thing I was thinking the entire time while listening to the show.

You live by Walking the Room, you die by Walking the Room.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

escape artist posted:

Man, I need you around to talk to my family next time I have a relapse! Please, can I hire you to be my personal drug abuse apologist?

I'm not trying to be facetious or anything. I am a drug addict. I went to rehab last year. I am still a drug addict. I get high almost 6 days a week at least. I'm not downplaying the severity. I should probably go back to rehab.

My dog had surgery and always has valium on hand. Guess what: my drug of choice is benzos. I don't steal from my dog. He's the one thing I put above my drug addiction. I've given him my medication before and suffered instead of him, on weekends, when the vet was closed.

We're addicts, but that doesn't mean we're absolved of every decision we make, is all I'm saying.

edit:
But since people were saying the dog was dead and there was a surplus, that kind of puts a new spin on it. If my dog died, I would drat sure have a terrible relapse.

The point of my post was it's not like it's a new low for drug seeking behaviour. Was it hosed up? Yeah but it's not unheard of. I listen to Gilmartins podcast to so we've both heard worse than swiping dog vicodin.

If people actually in his life can deal than I anonymous guy on internet can to.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUaesfSQZI
This just popped up on VPN.
I don't know exactly when the last time I saw him was, but did Norm age a decade or two somewhat recently? When did he get the gullwings?

New ep and I guess Norm found his hair dye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZmBntHj1lQ

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 2, 2013

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
"Adam Egit" is so hateable.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The point of my post was it's not like it's a new low for drug seeking behaviour. Was it hosed up? Yeah but it's not unheard of. I listen to Gilmartins podcast to so we've both heard worse than swiping dog vicodin.

If people actually in his life can deal than I anonymous guy on internet can to.

Have you seen The Unbookables? It's a good comedy documentary. My pal James Inman steals Vicodin from a chick who is in a shitload of pain.

I just arbitrarily draw my line at loving my with my dog, you know? It's totally arbitrary.

It is funny, and there are way worse things to do to get high. But now that I learn it wasn't from a dog that was actually in pain, it's a little less assholish.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

escape artist posted:

Have you seen The Unbookables? It's a good comedy documentary. My pal James Inman steals Vicodin from a chick who is in a shitload of pain.

I just arbitrarily draw my line at loving my with my dog, you know? It's totally arbitrary.

It is funny, and there are way worse things to do to get high. But now that I learn it wasn't from a dog that was actually in pain, it's a little less assholish.

I'm really happy for you to be able to maintain that moral line while being addicted. That's not sarcasm at all, as someone who's also battled this poo poo I know 100% during my worst I would have taken pills from my dog if they were the right kind, and I love that dumb fat mutt like family. There are some people who can just be consumed by that poo poo and it can easily overtake your ideas of right and wrong. I haven't listened to the newest Walking the Room but from what's already been said by him Gilmartins is firmly in that category when he relapses.

I feel bad for the dude, those moments are the kind that sticks with you, and I really hope he's getting help of some kind.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

escape artist posted:

edit:

Anyway... I like Gilmartin a lot. The Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast has really given me some insight into myself. Not that I'm cured, or by any means a happy person at this time... but I think it's an awesome thing, what Paul does. He lays everything that has happened to him out on the table, in the name of helping other people.

As far as my dislike for Greg is considered, it goes back to having an ex read snippets from "He's Just Not That Into You" to me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=214

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

escape artist posted:

Not a comedy podcast (although he often gets very entertaining guests from in and around the business) but you should also check out the Dr. Drew podcast if you haven't already. That's his field of specialty, and there is a lot of good, deep discussion of addiction and mental illness.

e: I would also be remiss to not mention that he has Paul Gilmartin on in episode 19.

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 3, 2013

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Glug_Glug posted:

Thanks for pointing this out. Pretty good for a first show but that Adam Egat guy needs to go. I'm sure he's a super cool guy in real life, but he's horrible for a podcast. Sucks all the life out of everything.

I don't think Adam is a fine co-host that is almost the complete opposite of Norm's personality, since the 2nd podcast was also posted, I think it is funny to have Norm just make fun of him failing to read the jokes in a humourous manner.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Vagithug posted:

I don't think Adam is a fine co-host that is almost the complete opposite of Norm's personality, since the 2nd podcast was also posted, I think it is funny to have Norm just make fun of him failing to read the jokes in a humourous manner.

It's not a terrible bit, but I think it worked much better with Super Dave. Not that Tom Green was a bad guest, but it was funnier when they ganged up on Adam and it really fed the whole shamed image he has going.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The YMIW with Bert Kreischer features loud laughs and lots of diverging.

gently caress Vanilla

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The Dead Authors Podcast episode on Gore Vidal was...dull. Seems a bit too serious, not to mention the actor didn't really improvise that much. All the decent jokes come from Paul F. Tompkins.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Was there anything about how Gore Vidal was gay but kept going to odd lengths to distance himself from it? Claiming himself to be 'homoerotic' or whatever instead of just embracing it and all?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I think I'm waiting for every episode of Dead Authors Podcast to be as good as the ep with Scott Aukerman as Ben Franklin. Even though I typically like all the guests that have been on, I find almost every episode fairly boring.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Cast No Engine posted:

I think I'm waiting for every episode of Dead Authors Podcast to be as good as the ep with Scott Aukerman as Ben Franklin. Even though I typically like all the guests that have been on, I find almost every episode fairly boring.

I love the idea, but it's a little thin to sustain for an hour. It's like if CBB had no 3rd/4th guests to add to conversations, and no games.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cast No Engine posted:

That and the Jen Kirkman/Dorothy Parker one are the only ones that I've paid attention to the entire way through.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Bobcat and Robin Williams show up on the latest Harmon Town and bail before D&D. Its kind of glorious.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Cast No Engine posted:

I thought Arthur Conan Doyal was the best since Benny B. For the most part I'd agree. Jen Kirkman doing Abbey Hoffmann seemed like it would have been amazing if there was video.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I can't believe there are people who think the Nietzsche/Lovecraft, Carl Sagan and Brothers Grimm episodes of DAP were "boring".

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I can't believe there are people who think the Nietzsche/Lovecraft, Carl Sagan and Brothers Grimm episodes of DAP were "boring".

Yeah those are some of my favorites. I really liked PG Wodehouse as well for how silly it was. I'm a little surprised everyone liked the Kirkman ones so much because I was a bit disappointed. They're not bad or anything but I wouldn't call them high points.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
And also Matt Walsh as Tolkien (with PFT getting haughty about his superior British impersonation) and Nick Kroll as Jorge Luis Borges were my favorites, along with those other ones posted.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Bunk Rogers posted:

Bobcat and Robin Williams show up on the latest Harmon Town and bail before D&D. Its kind of glorious.

Just listened to it, and it is. But I still find Harmontown 40% delightful, 60% bewildering. I guess I just need to listen to it more to understand what the hell is happening.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

wafflesnsegways posted:

Just listened to it, and it is. But I still find Harmontown 40% delightful, 60% bewildering. I guess I just need to listen to it more to understand what the hell is happening.

Its a weird one. I can't say I've enjoyed the majority of any of the episodes I've heard but its one of the few podcasts out there that can make me laugh out loud from time to time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wafflesnsegways posted:

This is also an accurate review of Dan's life in general. It has some really awesome stuff but also a lot of just kinda weird and sad parts that you're not 100% if you should giggle at or not.

That said I still listen every time, so it's doing something to draw me in.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is also an accurate review of Dan's life in general. It has some really awesome stuff but also a lot of just kinda weird and sad parts that you're not 100% if you should giggle at or not.

That said I still listen every time, so it's doing something to draw me in.

It's clearly Spencer that is drawing you into each episode.

I also enjoy Jeff Davis just egging Harmon on all the time.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The weird and sad parts of Harmontown are the best parts. Except for that one episode where he read his journal from when he was 14, that was a bummer.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Harmontown? I'm always ready to try a recommendation from this thread.

But I can't see how you can download it. There's no RSS link and the listen page goes to an embedded player. Am I missing the mp3 download somewhere?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Harmontown? I'm always ready to try a recommendation from this thread.

But I can't see how you can download it. There's no RSS link and the listen page goes to an embedded player. Am I missing the mp3 download somewhere?

http://www.castmate.fm/feed.php?u=harmontownpodcast

There's a "subscribe" button at the top of the page but it doesn't link to anything. :confused:

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I dunno, I just type Harmontown into Downcast and it does the rest. According to Downcast, the address for the feed is http://www.castmate.fm/feed.php?u=harmontownpodcast. Not sure if that's what you need or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Really enjoying watching Norm Macdonald's show. I couldn't stop laughing at the Albert Fish segment.

• Locked thread