Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

havenwaters posted:

Spades Slick doesn't have time for those shenanigans. He does have time for other things though...

Old habits die hard, I suppose. Never change, Slick :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
The 13 of Stars seems ominous.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Oh great, now it's gonna be even hotter.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

David Copperfield posted:

The 13 of Stars seems ominous.

Hussie's gonna make the Dragonballs canon.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Is the Thirteen of Stars a tarot card or anything? I know nothing about tarot cards.

Also, let's all give a hand to Slick, the only person to ever set the inside of a sun on fire.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I see no problem with this plan.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bobulus posted:

Is the Thirteen of Stars a tarot card or anything? I know nothing about tarot cards.

Stars is unfortunately not a Tarot suit. The Stars (or Star) is a Major Arcana card, but it's number XVII (17).

It's 13 because it's Biscuits and Stars because....I have no idea.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Color Printer posted:

Because leprechauns. :downs:

e: Also realized that scalemate is a potentially a play on 'stalemate' and thus another possible chess pun.

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 9, 2013

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Color Printer posted:

Stars is unfortunately not a Tarot suit. The Stars (or Star) is a Major Arcana card, but it's number XVII (17).

Well to be fair, the Pentacles suit usually depicts stars or circles. As for the thirteen though, the thirteenth card in that suit would be the Queen, so there's probably nothing deeper here than just "Leprechauns"

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Color Printer posted:

The thirteenth card in the major arcana is Death, which can represent ends and transitions/changes. We're coming up on the end of a year, the end of a chapter, and the end of who knows what else.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Stars is one of those failed attempts at adding a fifth suit to cards.

The only other notable one was called 'the green suit'.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Guys, his hat number is 13. And the stars is probably because lucky charms romance. Stop reading into tarot cards.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Casual arson is how Slick says goodbye, hello, and "may I please have a glass of water," the last of which is kind of self-fulfilling.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Slick :allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Oxxidation posted:

Casual arson is how Slick says goodbye, hello, and "may I please have a glass of water," the last of which is kind of self-fulfilling.

I thought he said hello through stabs.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Spades Slick communicates through a complex combination of stabs, arson, and hatesnogs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

It's a formal/informal thing, like tu vs. usted.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Prison Warden posted:

No, stabbing is "thank you".

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

The only way this update could become even more incredible, is if when they arrive at their destination they encounter a friendly clown offering to be their guide. :allears:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

And then spend thirty panels, two flashes, six banners, and a musical interlude gunning him down.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
And then the skeleton army will show up.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That's our Slick. Even being inside a preposterously large star won't stop him from lighting Doc Scratch's house on fire.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think my favourite part of these updates is that the next page arrow actually uses commands again. It's almost nostalgic...

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

lotus circle posted:

Guys, his hat number is 13. And the stars is probably because lucky charms romance. Stop reading into tarot cards.
b-b-but arbitrary overanalysis is the whole point of tarot and/or the somethingawful forums :v:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I love that Hussie's been such a busy bee lately but... uh oh. :ohdear: It looks like EVERYONE will be showing up on 4/13 at this rate (and will pose dramatically).

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hell loving Yes.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh my god, Act 6 Act 6 is going to be loving apeshit.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I can't wait for all three Jacks to fuse together and form Jack.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
You're all missing the most important part of this update, which is that Spades Slick now has a rocket rear end.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I about died when Slick popped out of the remote server. Well done, Hussie. :golfclap:

E: Is that a reference to Six Days a Sacrifice? gently caress.

So Math fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 9, 2013

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Oh my god, Act 6 Act 6 is going to be loving apeshit.

Calliope did say that a terrific battle would be taking place.

This is going to be hell to keep track of. Bring it on.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
That leaves the top left corner for Bec Noir and PM, I suppose.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

That leaves the top left corner for Bec Noir and PM, I suppose.

Or the meteor. But Bec Noir is following the meteor anyway, right? So I guess you're still right.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Omnomnomnivore posted:

You're all missing the most important part of this update, which is that Spades Slick now has a rocket rear end.

was just gonna pop in to say rocket butt.

Clearly a vital upgrade.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
What are the odds that Jack thinks that other Jack is Lord English? I mean, he doesn't have the garish-rear end coat or anything, but he does have the eyes. And that's why this is jackpot.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I made an avatar if people want it:

My bets are on one final caliborn intermission, then seeing what bec noirs up to.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

JT Jag posted:

What are the odds that Jack thinks that other Jack is Lord English? I mean, he doesn't have the garish-rear end coat or anything, but he does have the eyes. And that's why this is jackpot.

I was wondering about that to. I mean, they're going to have to meet up eventually if Crowbar is going to get his crowbar back.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

tinaun posted:

I made an avatar if people want it:

My bets are on one final caliborn intermission, then seeing what bec noirs up to.

Dibs on this.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

JT Jag posted:

Slick knows that Lord English is huge. Jack English is not huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

No.44 posted:

The only way this update could become even more incredible, is if when they arrive at their destination they encounter a friendly clown offering to be their guide. :allears:

Look at this dude and how wrong he was.

Edit: Wait, now there's an unfilled corner. Who's gonna show up for that one?

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 9, 2013