Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hmmmm, I don't know whether to get that omnibus, or just use the opportunity to try to snag a reasonably-priced copy of the v3 HC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

RevKrule posted:

So this is a thing that Hickman tweeted earlier this evening.
http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Jonathan-Hickman-Omnibus-Volume/dp/0785165665

I don't think I could have pre-ordered that faster if I tried.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RevKrule posted:

So this is a thing that Hickman tweeted earlier this evening.
http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Jonathan-Hickman-Omnibus-Volume/dp/0785165665

Didn't even check the price, just 1-clicked. Thanks!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Anyone know where I could get vol 3 and 4 of 52? The only place I can find them is Amazon marketplace for $40 apiece.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brocktoon posted:

Anyone know where I could get vol 3 and 4 of 52? The only place I can find them is Amazon marketplace for $40 apiece.

They're long out of print. The only way to get 52 new from retail is in the Omnibus.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hey DC: what the gently caress is this stupid poo poo?

Just speaking for myself, I don't want more stupid garbage to put on a shelf and dust. I want more comics, in better quality trades, faster.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Hey DC: That doesn't look like Batman's mask at all. It's not even the right color.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Just speaking for myself, I don't want more stupid garbage to put on a shelf and dust. I want more comics, in better quality trades, faster.

This is just goofy enough to get me to buy it. I wonder if we'll get a floppy rubber joker face when Death of the Family is released.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kurt Busiek is talking about an Omnibus of his Iron Man run which would include #1-25 and all the crossover issues. I'm fairly pumped for this as it's an excellent run on the character.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Rhyno posted:

Kurt Busiek is talking about an Omnibus of his Iron Man run which would include #1-25 and all the crossover issues. I'm fairly pumped for this as it's an excellent run on the character.

I think this is it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Kurt-Busiek-Sean-Omnibus/dp/0785168141/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's it! I can't wait!

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

After seeing the V for Vendetta mask bundle I was wondering if they were going to keep making mask bundles. I'm surprised DC didn't make a Batman Cowl to come with Battle for the Cowl.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I got one of those last year at SDCC. They're some of the cheapest trinkets given out, and that's including the lovely bags they give everyone.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
They'd be better off giving them out with single issues like they did with the lantern rings a few years ago.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

A used bookstore in my neighborhood has one copy of each for cover price, $20 each. Email me at saxman2 at hotmail if you want me to pick them up and ship them to you at cost.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 10, 2013

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Starman is the only one I can think of, with James Robinson himself answering letters for the first few years and talking about his own interests in art, literature, film, music, and collectibles -- all things that bled into Jack Knight's personality and interior monologues.

I mean, my point was that the letters pages to The Invisibles (at least the ones I've read, haven't seen them all) actually add to it in a substantial way instead of being "oh, that's a neat thing."

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bairfanx posted:

I mean, my point was that the letters pages to The Invisibles (at least the ones I've read, haven't seen them all) actually add to it in a substantial way instead of being "oh, that's a neat thing."

Oh, sorry. Never read Invisibles, but that sounds neat.

mbright220
Oct 21, 2008
Does anyone know if Hellboy Library Edition Volume 1 is going back to print? I can't seem to find it anywhere at a decent price.

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

mbright220 posted:

Does anyone know if Hellboy Library Edition Volume 1 is going back to print? I can't seem to find it anywhere at a decent price.

http://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Library-Edition-Volume-Destruction/dp/1593079109/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1365561465&sr=8-2

Amazon looks like they have it.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Dark-Horse/HELLBOY-LIBRARY-ED-VOL-1-SEED-OF-DESTRUCTION-WAKE-THE-DEVIL-HC/DEC098045

Instocktrades has it pretty cheap. Buy $50 and you get free shipping.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

mbright220 posted:

Buy it soon! Dat paper quality :flashfap:

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

I'd love to have all of Brubaker's Captain America run in hardcover. I have the first omnibus, followed by the Death of Captain America omnibus and the Captain America Lives! omnibus. Were there any other omnibuses? If not, what hardcovers should I get?

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Inkslinger posted:

I'd love to have all of Brubaker's Captain America run in hardcover. I have the first omnibus, followed by the Death of Captain America omnibus and the Captain America Lives! omnibus. Were there any other omnibuses? If not, what hardcovers should I get?

Brubaker's run on it finished a few months ago. The final trade is probably out around now, so I'd think the final omnibus will appear in a year or so, likely close to the film's release. There is also 16 Brubaker-penned Winter Soldier issues that will require an omnibus too.

mbright220
Oct 21, 2008
Ordered from amazon after I was disappointed that InStockTrades does not ship to Canada. Hopefully this goes through without any further hiccups, thank you for your assistance :)

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

mbright220 posted:

I tweeted them a month or two back, and they said it's going to be re-printed soon, so I wouldn't pay any bad prices

EDIT: should have read everything - it looks like now is that time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've decided I don't need my Hellboy Libraries to continue living. Have all 5 of them, 4&5 still wrapped if anyone is interested.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I've decided I don't need my Hellboy Libraries to continue living. Have all 5 of them, 4&5 still wrapped if anyone is interested.

I mmmmmight be?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Any idea when the JLA Deluxe Edition Vol. 4 TPB will be out?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Brocktoon posted:

Any idea when the JLA Deluxe Edition Vol. 4 TPB will be out?

The same month as the fourth Shade the Changing Man trade

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

The same month as the fourth Shade the Changing Man trade

I...I don't even know what that means... :stare:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

I...I don't even know what that means... :stare:

It means that it will never happen.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Rhyno posted:

I might be

How much shipped to 61801?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I just ordered 3 awful X-Men hardcovers, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!!!!!!!!!!!

thecallahan
Nov 15, 2004

Since I was five Tara, all I've ever wanted was a Harley and cut.
Whelp, just bought the last Scalped tpb y'all so they should be announcing HC's of it soon enough. Also managed to snag Jason Aaron's Wolverine omni for half off (new) at my local shop so that was a nice little b-day treat for myself.

Any word on whether Journey into Mystery will be collected into OSHC? In particular I'm looking for the Lady Sif stuff, I can buy the tpb when it comes out but that sort of stuff would read better in the OSHC format.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karnegal posted:

I might be

How much shipped to 61801?

I'll weigh 'em and get you a quote.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thecallahan posted:

Whelp, just bought the last Scalped tpb y'all so they should be announcing HC's of it soon enough. Also managed to snag Jason Aaron's Wolverine omni for half off (new) at my local shop so that was a nice little b-day treat for myself.

Any word on whether Journey into Mystery will be collected into OSHC? In particular I'm looking for the Lady Sif stuff, I can buy the tpb when it comes out but that sort of stuff would read better in the OSHC format.

A long time for the Lady Sif stuff since the first arc is still going or just ended.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Got a bunch of floppies and trades for sale over in the comic selling thread.
Now you can own a bunch of event books that may or may not be fantastic! Plus trades!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3468478&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post414423833

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Picked up Aaron's Wolverine Omni for $30. Figured it was too cheap to pass up (hope there is some decent stuff in there). X-Statix was picked up for $35. Wish all the omnibi were this inexpensive. Better yet I wish I knew which ones were gonna plummet. Most the time it seems if I don't buy it the thing goes out of print and skyrockets.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

sporklift posted:

Picked up Aaron's Wolverine Omni for $30. Figured it was too cheap to pass up (hope there is some decent stuff in there). X-Statix was picked up for $35. Wish all the omnibi were this inexpensive. Better yet I wish I knew which ones were gonna plummet. Most the time it seems if I don't buy it the thing goes out of print and skyrockets.

Where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Amazon for Wolverine (looks like there are a few at that price still) http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...e&condition=new . Ebay for X-Statix. I spend way too much time scouring the internet for deals on comics. My general rule is never pay more than $10 for a TPB or $20-30 for OSHC, there are exceptions to this rule but I try to break it down as paying a buck or two per issue contained.