Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
:nws: Goatse Cake :nws:

Puddin posted:

I'm totally going to serve tea this way from now on.

Countdown to someone scalding the hell out of their face...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

This is the dog equivalent of that nerdy kid in gym class who just shoves his glove out in front of his face when the ball is thrown to him.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

This is the dog equivalent of that nerdy kid in gym class who just shoves his glove out in front of his face when the ball is thrown to him.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Goatse aside... whoever made that cake is incredibly talented.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Brother Jonathan posted:

According to The Daily Mail, the old urban legend about the man buying a dog and getting a rodent is true. A man in Argentina bought what he thought was a toy poodle but was actually a ferret on steroids:

Of course, a story in The Daily Mail isn't much different from an urban legend, but a ferret on steroids!

I'd totally buy a ferret with poofy poodle fur.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TEGGS posted:

I'd totally buy a ferret with poofy poodle fur.

You don't want a ferret on steroids. You just don't.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Holy poo poo they even included the wedding ring :aaa:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hahaha, I'm from Argentina and I saw that in a few local papers/news sites. Never did know if it was anything more than an urban legend, though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hremsfeld posted:

It's goatse. Of course they included the wedding ring. How else are people going to recognise it?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Hremsfeld posted:

Without the ring, it's just a gaping butthole, not goatse.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Beeswax posted:

Hahaha, I'm from Argentina and I saw that in a few local papers/news sites. Never did know if it was anything more than an urban legend, though.

Man, Argentina must have some really crappy urban legends.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe

Hremsfeld posted:

I had to click on it again to make sure. I was hoping it would be an actual engagement ring as part of an elaborate proposal.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Xixox
Nov 8, 2009

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

From here. If you have kids, or know anything about Max and Ruby, perhaps you too will piss yourself with laughter like I did at this picture.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Found this on IMGUR

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Most animals that have receptors outside of the visible spectrum are for the UV spectrum. So its not so much colors we can't perceive but different forms of light we normally don't notice.

Example:

This shows the same fish in normal light and how UV reflects off its scales. While UV is higher up in the spectrum and probably attenuates faster then visible light in water, it would help to see 'shiny' things easier while hunting for prey.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Most animals that have receptors outside of the visible spectrum are for the UV spectrum. So its not so much colors we can't perceive but different forms of light we normally don't notice.

Including humans :eng101:

Known as Blaschko's lines, they are usually only visible under UV light but some people are born with them visible

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

AlistairCookie posted:

From here. If you have kids, or know anything about Max and Ruby, perhaps you too will piss yourself with laughter like I did at this picture.

I have kids. I laughed. Then I wondered if there is a Max and Ruby fetish art thing going around the net. Then I quickly tried to forget I thought that.

e; poo poo;

schwenz has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Apr 10, 2013

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

SPACE HOMOS posted:

It could also be colors we can't perceive, though.

Example: A flower and a painting of a flower can look the same to human eyes, because we've mixed the pigments in the paint so that they excite our red, green, and blue receptors the same way. But there might be subtle differences in other parts of the visible spectrum, such that a butterfly wouldn't be fooled. The same way a non-colorblind person can detect the differences between subtly different greens in the traditional "colorblindness tests".

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

If you don't get it, it's a lubricant ad.

Kanfy has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Apr 10, 2013

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I was looking for this one the other day. It's easily one of my favorite pictures because of everyone's reactions when they get what's going on.

Don't ruin it for yourself: she's sitting on a post

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

MindlessHavok posted:

I was looking for this one the other day. It's easily one of my favorite pictures because of everyone's reactions when they get what's going on.

Don't ruin it for yourself: she's sitting on a post

I had to read the spoiler because my eyes suck and I wasn't able to read the text other than Gel Manix

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The text isn't in English so it wouldn't have been much use.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No, but "lubricant" is clear in most languages.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

GreenNight posted:

Yeah, that's why I didn't try to explain the joke, figured people would get that particular word.

E:

Aleph Null posted:

Until I read the spoiler, I thought it said something about "hubris".

Yeah, put it in spoilers now since it's a bit unclear.

Kanfy has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Apr 10, 2013

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

GreenNight posted:

Until I read the spoiler, I thought it said something about "hubris".

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Wade Wilson posted:

Found this on IMGUR

Mantis shrimp are kind of neat animals, but this comic (?) is absolutely insufferable.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Gilgameshback posted:

Mantis shrimp are kind of neat animals, but this comic (?) is absolutely insufferable.

So it's pretty par for the course for an Oatmeal offering.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gilgameshback posted:

Yeah, that's the Oatmeal. If you're ever looking for lovely hyperbole, sanitized "wacky" hijinks and ugly art, make sure you're first stop is The Oatmeal!

He's also kind of a lovely dude (but he does give a lot to charity and genuinely supports some good causes so that puts him way ahead of a ton of people).

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Zelder posted:

Yeah, that's the Oatmeal. If you're ever looking for lovely hyperbole, sanitized "wacky" hijinks and ugly art, make sure you're first stop is The Oatmeal!

He's also kind of a lovely dude (but he does give a lot to charity and genuinely supports some good causes so that puts him way ahead of a ton of people).

Didn't he publicly apologize for being such a terrible person and vow to not be so terrible? Might be thinking of some other webcartoonist

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Super Waffle posted:

Didn't he publicly apologize for being such a terrible person and vow to not be so terrible? Might be thinking of some other webcartoonist

Yeah he made a rape "joke" that was hardly a joke and then said "yeah that was dumb and terrible".

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Super Waffle posted:

He "apologized" for making a rape joke in one of his comics, in a very defensive manner. Apart from that he responds to criticism with a lot of self-righteous indignation about how he bought his sister a house or something.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Giving money you can easily spare to charity for PR doesn't mitigate being a worthless cynical shitbag.

In other news:

Sad lions has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Apr 10, 2013

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Example:

This shows the same fish in normal light and how UV reflects off its scales. While UV is higher up in the spectrum and probably attenuates faster then visible light in water, it would help to see 'shiny' things easier while hunting for prey.

But what colour is that UV light perceived at by animals with those cones ? :psyduck:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Fozaldo posted:

But what colour is that UV light perceived at by animals with those cones ? :psyduck:

A color you can physically never experience. Its like trying to imagine a 4-D object, your brain is literally unable to comprehend it

Unrelated picture:

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006
AM I WEARING MY LEATHERS AND A HELMET? NO? I BETTER BE.

Super Waffle posted:

A color you can physically never experience. Its like trying to imagine a 4-D object, your brain is literally unable to comprehend it

In the future, we will inject our eyes with nano-cones and invent new forms of art that the "simple sighted" will be unable to see.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Super Waffle posted:

Unrelated picture:

We are all literally 4d objects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

xxEightxx posted:

We are all literally 4d objects.

They mean four physical dimensions and you goddamn know it

• Locked thread