Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Skychrono posted:

I'm kinda worried about how overwhelming the good guy force is now - either we'll see a lot of new power from the other side, or a lot of good guys are going to die.

That's my wonder as well, as it seems like the tide has so heavily turned in one direction. Maybe Madara's Rinnegan will give him the edge somehow. Perhaps somehow takeover the bodies of the four Hokage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey, Minato has a special gift for Naruto. The rest of the fox's chakra?

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/37996123/18

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 10, 2013

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The tide has turned but Madara hasn't exactly shown his full force at the moment. We're talking multiple moon drops here. 10-tails is small beans compared to that.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Schubalts posted:

After seeing Kabuto pull it off, and the reformed Orochimaru, I kind of want to see what shenanigans Orochimaru could cause in the war if he became the Dragon Sage.

Since Naruto and Hashirama will be there too we could have a Toad/Snake/Slug Sage trifecta!

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
I hope Naruto simultaneously destroys the Edo Tensei Hokages and says something along the lines of 'this is this generations fight, not yours.' I just feel that we could do with some more sass in this manga right now.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
that is a pants on head retarded idea and you should feel terrible even posting it

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

milktwice posted:

I hope Naruto simultaneously destroys the Edo Tensei Hokages and says something along the lines of 'this is this generations fight, not yours.' I just feel that we could do with some more sass in this manga right now.

Nah, they're gonna get there and Naruto will have already won the fight by making Lee go three thousand km/h.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Minato posted:

I can finally see my son...
If someone fucks this up for them I will hit the roof. I want to see this so badly.

SerSpook posted:

Either that or Hiraishin.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 10, 2013

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

ActionZero posted:

If someone fucks this up for them I will hit the roof. I want to see this so badly.

Basically this story should culminate in a DBZ-style tournament epilogue where Zombie 4th and Naruto meet in the semi-finals and Naruto goes on to fight Sasuke in the finals.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Orochimaru's either going to get taken out or not cooperate so that the four hokages don't fight. My money's on getting taken out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

SerSpook posted:

He might just mean he's going to kill Madara for him.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SerSpook posted:

It's a pocket watch. His grandfather purchased it during the first Ninja War.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

It just finally clicked for me that we know the hokages weren't all together in the Death God's stomach, meaning that the third wasn't in an eternal slap fight with Orochimaru's arms :(

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Orochimaru is probably going to sacrifice himself for Sasuke or something which will remove Edo Tensei. Since Jiraiya's already dead and Tsunade is cut in half.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't even care that this goes against the entire message of "surpassing the old generation" I'm so goddamn excited to see this poo poo go down.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Kild posted:

Orochimaru is probably going to sacrifice himself for Sasuke or something which will remove Edo Tensei. Since Jiraiya's already dead and Tsunade is cut in half.

Killing the caster doesn't undo Edo Tensei.

Another thing is, even if Orochimaru goes full evil on us and tries to stop the kages from doing anything, he can't control the First, and he'd have to physically paralyse them too, since if he just undoes the jutsu, Tobirama has enough time to cancel the summoning contract on himself like Madara did, and I'm willing to bet that Kishimoto could bullshit up some reason why Minato could do it too since the four things we know about his powers are that he's fast, can teleport, has rasengan and is boss at sealing jutsu.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

This issue was loving awesome, there needed to be awesome guitar solos happening behind me when Sasuke's decision was finally made. Also calling for Sasuke to fake out everyone and go straight up evil when it's the last possible second.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Killing the caster doesn't undo Edo Tensei.

Another thing is, even if Orochimaru goes full evil on us and tries to stop the kages from doing anything, he can't control the First, and he'd have to physically paralyse them too, since if he just undoes the jutsu, Tobirama has enough time to cancel the summoning contract on himself like Madara did, and I'm willing to bet that Kishimoto could bullshit up some reason why Minato could do it too since the four things we know about his powers are that he's fast, can teleport, has rasengan and is boss at sealing jutsu.

I know, but Orochimaru will be forced to remove it for Sasuke or something and then Madara takes him out.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Dexo posted:

Every Ninja in this series could use a psycologist.
:eng101: The Uchiha probably need an oncologist since the condition seems rather cancer-like. Perhaps a neurophysiologist, too.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Not even finished reading the chapter yet but OH poo poo SON

e:just finished reading OMFG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

inb4 wait guys c'mon can we really not just think about how emo sasuke was

razamataza fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 10, 2013

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Ohhh shiiit amazing issue and a double issue in 2 weeks! Yes!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Veg posted:

Ohhh shiiit amazing issue and a double issue in 2 weeks! Yes!

Double issue doesn't mean what you think it does.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Dexo posted:

Really it means the exact opposite, arithmetically.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Dexo posted:

What does it mean

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Veg posted:

What does it mean

It means there's no issue next week. You get to be impatient for double the length!

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Veg posted:

What does it mean

Specifically, and this is just hearsay, the "Double" refers to printing the same issue in the magazine for two weeks in a row.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Is this WSJ wide or just Naruto?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Prison Warden posted:

Is this WSJ wide or just Naruto?

Wsj I think

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

WhiffleballDude posted:

I don't even care that this goes against the entire message of "surpassing the old generation" I'm so goddamn excited to see this poo poo go down.

Maybe that's not the message, maybe it's Don't leave your poo poo for the next generation to clean up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

SerSpook posted:

In a chapter that's mostly about :hellyeah: moments, I just love how excited the First got at being able to make a little speech. And how sick of it his brother is :)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sasuke's creeped out expression at Karin's fawning has been the only moment in the last few years I haven't found him completely insufferable.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

"yeah he stabbed me in the back too...but here I am anyway...I suggest you just go with the flow as well"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Change the thread title to "...I suggest you just go with the flow as well"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
HOLY gently caress! WHY CAN'T BE HERE THE NEXT CHAPTER!?

poo poo's going DOWN :hellyeah:

Can't wait for the Minato/Naruto meeting

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Oh god if Minato doesn't get to see the Rasenshuriken I will be SO IRRATIONALLY ANGRY.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was a great chapter ruined only by the fact that Kishimoto insists on remembering that Karin exists.

Though Sasuke's uncomfortable face almost made up for that.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Dexo posted:

"yeah he stabbed me in the back too...but here I am anyway...I suggest you just go with the flow as well"
:allears: This will be such a beautiful chapter in two weeks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sindai posted:

That was a great chapter ruined only by the fact that Kishimoto insists on remembering that Karin exists.

Though Sasuke's uncomfortable face almost made up for that.
Part of Sasuke's problem is that, dead family aside, everything has always come too easily for him. It's why nobody's approval means much to him - it was always freely given (by Sakura, Karin, Naruto, even Orochimaru to an extent, etc etc). So of course the only one whose opinion meant much was the guy who was consistently ahead of him - maybe the one person in this whole universe who was more brilliant than he is.

I think this is a much better manga than a lot of people give it credit for.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Still don't understand why anyone would ever trust Orochimaru again. He's quite literally a snake. Also, someone needs to get Karin a psychologist because there's no way she's not going to stab either Naruto or Sasuke at some point.

Probably has more to do with the fact there's 6-8 people around right now that could gently caress up Orochimaru in a heartbeat if he tried something. He's still strong and all but he wouldn't stand a chance against most of the current zombies alive or Naruto / Sasuke / probably Tsunade or Bee etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Breaky posted:

Probably has more to do with the fact there's 6-8 people around right now that could gently caress up Orochimaru in a heartbeat if he tried something. He's still strong and all but he wouldn't stand a chance against most of the current zombies alive or Naruto / Sasuke / probably Tsunade or Bee etc.

With his arms he would wreck Tsunade.

He was able to fight Tsunade and Jiraiya(albeit weakened with no arms).

Orichimaru will decimate physical damage opponents due to his skill set.

He and the 4th are equal. If he not a bit stronger.

His problem is that he fucks with the clan that can counter his move set by just using genjutsu

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 11, 2013

• Locked thread