Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Solar Coaster posted:

Needs body work?
:allears:

you might have missed the 'trollolo' part

V - legit.

televiper fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

televiper posted:

you might have missed the 'trollolo' part

Got that...still pretty funny.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

He's just missing a period, and he's got a battery and an alternator at work that'll fit.

"Needs body. Work has good battery and new 65 amp alternator."

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Lowest miles on a shark I've ever seen. Want!

http://www.luxmotorcars.com/1983-BMW-6Series/Used-Car/Sacramento-CA/4099/2888515/Details.aspx

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Probably a dumb question, but what's the gauge below the turn signal indicators for?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
That looks like the MPG gauge but that is an old-rear end car for one of those.

edit: VVVV Learn something new every day!

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 11, 2013

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

MrKatharsis posted:

not MPG, as it's metric, but yeah. It's a fuel consumption gauge.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

MrKatharsis posted:

Actually pretty common on those old German cars. I don't think they actually do anything other than just measure manifold vacuum.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
The one below the turn signal indicator is the Fuel Gauge. The MPG indicator is under the tach.

televiper fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 11, 2013

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

Actually pretty common on those old German cars. I don't think they actually do anything other than just measure manifold vacuum.

You see them on old german cars because they are all using the same Motronic ignition package from Bosch. It is a calculated value in the DME based on fuel flow rate and vehicle speed and is just as inaccurate as it sounds.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

televiper posted:

The one below the turn signal indicator is the Fuel Gauge. The MPG indicator is under the tach.

FFFF you're right. You can see the fuel indicator in another picture.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

MrKatharsis posted:

FFFF you're right. You can see the fuel indicator in another picture.

I'm the best pedant. My question is "why does that fuel gauge marked 20-30-40-70?" Does it just hover at 70 until it's 70% (accounting for the displacement of the floater in the fuel tank?) and then creep to 40 and then plummet? My '82 had more traditional markings.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

televiper posted:

I'm the best pedant. My question is "why does that fuel gauge marked 20-30-40-70?" Does it just hover at 70 until it's 70% (accounting for the displacement of the floater in the fuel tank?) and then creep to 40 and then plummet? My '82 had more traditional markings.

I think it's measuring liters of fuel in the tank, not a percentage.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Augmented Dickey posted:

I think it's measuring liters of fuel in the tank, not a percentage.

:doh: Yeah, that's it. They came with a 70L/18.5gallon tank, according to wiki. I don't think I've ever seen the fuel gauge with discrete capacity markings before.

AzizAnstarmie
Dec 17, 2010

How could this not be a joke?

e: I'm an idiot.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Who wants a Sagan Shaggin' Wagon Van?

Craigslist posted:

1984 Vanagon * Shaggy Van * Custom Paint * Super Clean Inside and Out
1.9L 4clyd Motor, 4-Speed , New Clutch, Big moon Roof, This Van is Super Cool and Fun to Drive
Reg is up to date and has a clean titile, For more info Call (650)474-9760 Thanks

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

So beautiful. I'd totally pay $9k for one in such good condition.

edit: content!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3717214851.html

Oh man, these photos are incredible.

How could you not buy this? You couldn't have picked a better person to stand next to it and look uninterested.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 12, 2013

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Sir Tonk posted:

How could you not buy this? You couldn't have picked a better person to stand next to it and look uninterested.

Is that a guy or girl?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Toucan Sam posted:

Is that a guy or girl?

Neither; a hipster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He probably bought it, can't afford the maintenance costs and daddy is making him sell it hence the grumpy expression.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
Any notice that m3 for $30k?

Did you look at that interior? I can guarantee the previous owner had no friends. None. Nobody can keep a car that clean for 70k miles and not be a neurotic rear end in a top hat. Exactly no fun was had in that car.
I still want it though.

http://www.luxmotorcars.com/1988-BMW-M3/Used-Car/Sacramento-CA/4099/2728409/Details.aspx

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 12, 2013

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tai-Pan posted:

Exactly no fun was had in that car.

*Insert joke about dour German sensibilities here*

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Sir Tonk posted:

You couldn't have picked a better person to stand next to it and look uninterested.

Ronald Weasely?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SiliconX posted:

Ronald Weasely?

That's a girl right? Josh's sister. Someone find out I have to know. We need an internet detective.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

$10k for that. No thanks.

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
No craigslist, buy a cool ebay find.

1980 skyline for sale here in the states.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-GT-R-ES-/221211993870

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VanNuys posted:

It's beautiful, what a great looking car.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Tremek posted:

That ad has "Adam Sandler", "homemade hamdog" and "rusty ford f100" in the little blurb at the bottom, mixed in with numerous supercars. :psyduck:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

VanNuys posted:

That'd be cool for 10k but for 25k no way.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It is a bit pricey but they go for about 10k in Japan if they are clean. Last time I checked there was this weird retro fad going on there and the 70's and 80's stuff was demanding large premiums if original.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Before the 80s started producing boxy cars they experimented with triangular cars. Also electric.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3741685983.html

Cage fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 13, 2013

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That thing will probably sell no problem.

Also, holy gently caress that front war bumper

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
That vehicle is must be the peak running people over for comedy effect design. It's perfect. Softly sweep them off their feet with the bumper and then give them a whole triangluar face to roll up and over.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Tremek posted:

I love the idea of Leno or Ralph Lauren trawling the Southeast Iowa CL site for the single existing Machbach Exelero, and getting really upset when their search only returns another loving beat to hell Raptor.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1977-Mercedes-Benz-200-Series-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ474336115

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

slidebite posted:

Its for parallel parking by feel.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

BigPaddy posted:

It is a bit pricey but they go for about 10k in Japan if they are clean. Last time I checked there was this weird retro fad going on there and the 70's and 80's stuff was demanding large premiums if original.

In the last 6 or 7 years, 1st generation GTR prices in Japan TRIPLED. It may be trickling down a bit, I guess.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

slidebite posted:

What kind of new battery could you get to make it run?

Also, totally digging the "forward/reverse" switch that appears to be a pickup selector from an old guitar.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

VideoTapir posted:

In the last 6 or 7 years, 1st generation GTR prices in Japan TRIPLED. It may be trickling down a bit, I guess.

Unlike AE86s where rough ones are still stupid money because drift car. Old stuff keeps going up and in 2014 when the first R32 GTRs will be legal to import under the 25 year rule into the US I expect they will jump for a bit. By the time R33s are legal to import I expect they will have all rusted away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
R33s are still technically legal for import into the states but have to go through an expensive federalization process and a bunch of other bullshit that makes it more trouble than it's worth usually. Motorex did all the necessary work to get them federally approved, but where they hosed up was trying to apply the crash test/EPA results of the R33 to the R32 and R34 as well. Feds were not at all happy when they found out, Motorex was gutted, and any R32/4 Skyline imported by them can be seized and crushed at any time.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 14, 2013