Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Just checking in to report that i sent an email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
Very important update in today's WOR

quote:

a follow-up on Dave's mystery Beatles poster

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wonder if Dave even likes the Beatles

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if Dave even likes the Beatles

I can say with some degree of authority, since none of them were wrestlers, he has absolutely no idea who they are.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm sure his wife is miserable. She probably bought it and hung it up and thought it would be a nice thing he would like and he just Adrian Monk'd the whole thing to the point that she wishes she hadn't done it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm sure his wife is miserable. She probably bought it and hung it up and thought it would be a nice thing he would like and he just Adrian Monk'd the whole thing to the point that she wishes she hadn't done it.

To be fair, she should know how crazy it would make Meltzer to go into his office and swap one of his posters around. Even I know that, and I only know him from the Radio show.

At least she didn't organize his Japanese wrestling notes for him :stare:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, surely if you're married to Dave loving Meltzer, you should know "DON'T TOUCH ANY OF HIS poo poo."

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Good God, Meltzer IS Adrian Monk. That's the most perfect comparison ever.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've thought of him as Sheldon Cooper since BBT started, but yeah, Monk is dead-on.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, surely if you're married to Dave loving Meltzer, you should know "DON'T TOUCH ANY OF HIS poo poo."

So Dave is actually Spooky :v:?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I've kind of been out of the loop, have Bryan or Dave addressed that article or acknowledged it was wrong at all?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I've kind of been out of the loop, have Bryan or Dave addressed that article or acknowledged it was wrong at all?

I doubt it, there are people who only listen to shows through iTunes and never go to the front page so they probably don't want those people to know they published a horrible thing given they've already lost subscribers over it.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Wouldn't running the post-Mania Raw in the Super-dome kill the acoustics?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Arbite posted:

Nope, it's a domed stadium.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Arbite posted:

Having 15-20,000 people in a huge stadium might. Don't they typically run it in a smaller arena right next to the Mania venue?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Goog posted:

Having 15-20,000 people in a huge stadium might. Don't they typically run it in a smaller arena right next to the Mania venue?
If they can't sell ~30,000 they'll run an arena.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Wrestlemania Observer is up and I lost it at this point.

quote:

Devitt was tremendous as a heel immediately, and came off the top rope onto Taguchi with a double foot stomp. Fale then nailed Captain with either a clothesline punch or maybe the old Oriental tool punch. Devitt then unmasked Captain, and put Captain’s mask into his trunks and down his butt.

Devitt then said, “No More Apollo 55. No more Mr. Nice Guy.” He then said, “Say hello to my bouncer, Bad Luck Fale.” Fale then carried Devitt from the ring on his shoulders, while Devitt put Captain’s mask on while Captain laid in the ring trying to cover his face. If he was going to put the mask on his face, I don’t exactly see the upside to sticking it in his butt first, but to each his own.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn I need to renew my sub pronto!

edit: to be clear I didn't cancel it over this steaming hot bullshit that's been going on I just let it lapse by mistake.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

sportsgenius86 posted:

triplexpac posted:

To be fair, she should know how crazy it would make Meltzer to go into his office and swap one of his posters around. Even I know that, and I only know him from the Radio show.

At least she didn't organize his Japanese wrestling notes for him :stare:

VogeGandire posted:

what the

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

A podcast started like

Bryan: "So tell us about the Rock dave"

Dave: "The latest news on the Rock is...."

:staredog:

"somebody touched my posters"

:staredog:

Bryan: "What?"

Dave: "There is a poster of the beatles on the wall... I don't know how it got there..."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I listened to it. I just think those are some weird posts.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Yeah Dave is a weird quirky dude but crazy encyclopedic knowledge of wrestling and being easily distracted by slight changes is different from being an obsessive-compulsive control freak.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's not a secret that we joke about Dave being a sperglord. It doesn't have to be true. It's still funny to think of him that way.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Either someone else sent in a question about it with the exact same wording or Bryan asked my follow-up question about the Beatles poster. :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dr. Lucha needs to stop having health problems :(

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRanTer posted:

I feel like his health matches up with the health of real Mexican wrestling.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRanTer posted:

Well then Dr Lucha needs to get younger I'm afraid. :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

I feel like his health matches up with the health of real Mexican wrestling.

If you said this a year ago I would be tremendously depressed. At least now I can feel like he'll limp along another 20-30 years.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Bryan and Vinny discuss the Dixie Carter doll and it is wonderful.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Wow I was thinking about subscribing but after reading that transphobic article count me the gently caress out. You guys who are still subscribed should be ashamed of yourselves. Unless they put it up by mistake, but it doesn't seem that way so far.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
So hey the Steve Austin Show is really good so far. Great interview with Shawn Michaels this week.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'll check it out. I found the first one funny "I dont wanna get all political..." *goes on long rant about the death penalty and gun control etc etc*

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

LordPants posted:

I'll check it out. I found the first one funny "I dont wanna get all political..." *goes on long rant about the death penalty and gun control etc etc*

Yeah that was rad. He managed to come off as not offensive though, which is unusual for most gun nuts.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

paint dry posted:

Yeah that was rad. He managed to come off as not offensive though, which is unusual for most gun nuts.

Yeah, at least he seemed to understand why other people wouldn't want guns, and the basis of his arguement was basically "I just like guns V:shobon:V"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

He also stressed the importance of responsible gun ownership, saying that basically the problem causing all these mass shootings was "too many stupid people" which, discussions about gun culture and mental illness notwithstanding, is a difficult point to dispute.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Karmine posted:

He also stressed the importance of responsible gun ownership, saying that basically the problem causing all these mass shootings was "too many stupid people" which, discussions about gun culture and mental illness notwithstanding, is a difficult point to dispute.

Yeah the one thing I didn't like was when he said mass murderers should be killed even if they're legitimately insane. But there's a lot of people who think that, I guess.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

This week's show with HBK is great! It's hilarious listening to STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN plug various sponsors.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 12, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This week's show with HBK is great! It's hilarious listening STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN plug various sponsors.

IF YOU WANT A FREE TRIAL AT AUDIBLE.COM, TYPE IN A HELLYEAH!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Ten Count Question:

-Triple H
-Macho Man
-The Undertaker
-Rey Mysterio, Jr

Who gets in the WWE Hall of Fame first?

Out of the three currently alive, who retires first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mysterio's probably retiring sometime this year if the wind blows strongly enough to pry off the Silly String attaching his legs to his body. He's apparently one injury away from needing a complete knee replacement, and he has 11 months or so left on his WWE contract, so retirement looks like it's in the near future for Rey.

• Locked thread