Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Except I don't think it will crash. The market crashed last time because there was just shitloads of lovely games out there and PCs were becoming a thing. If anything, people will transition into markets that work better for profits such as F2P or downsizing AAA game development.

Lets also keep in mind that this generation of consoles has lasted far longer than anyone ever expected it to.

I think it's all down to what we call a "crash" as it looks at the moment it's going to be most of the big budget stuff going away and Indie stuff, smaller companies and PC stuff either staying steady or picking up which is kinda like the last crash except not quite as big.

Either way it's a rocky period and we shouldn't try to predict too far ahead since nobody knows how the new generation will effect things, for all we know PS4 or Nextbox might come along and totally revitalize the middle market by doing a good job of promoting titles based on what groups of people are enjoying instead of what had the biggest budget/firstparty investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Well, part of it is that the industry thrives on novelty, and this generation of consoles is ridiculously long in the tooth. (Longer, if I'm not mistaken, than the reign of the original NES.)

Get a console that takes advantage of 4k screens, whatever refinements come out of a new Kinect, etc. and people will get excited again.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Tomb Raider sold 3.4 million copies in less than a month and that is somehow 2.6 million copies below Square-Enix was projecting. That's kinda why the industry is shrinking and games are either coming from mega publishers or indie devs. It's not doom and gloom it's just a changing market and environment.
To be fair in that case, I'd blame their management for ridiculous/questionable expectations in the first place (Metacritic scores?!)

Square Enix posted:

Let’s talk about Sleeping Dogs: we were looking at selling roughly 2~2.5 million units in the EUR/ NA market based on its game content, genre and Metacritic scores.
In the same way, game quality and Metacritic scores led us to believe that Hitman had potential to sell 4.5~5 million units, and 5~6 million units for Tomb Raider in EUR/ NA and Japanese markets combined.

blackguy32 posted:

Except I don't think it will crash. The market crashed last time because there was just shitloads of lovely games out there and PCs were becoming a thing. If anything, people will transition into markets that work better for profits such as F2P or downsizing AAA game development.

Lets also keep in mind that this generation of consoles has lasted far longer than anyone ever expected it to.
Well there's this:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-10-no-room-for-b-games-says-ubisoft-montreal-head

quote:

"On one end of the spectrum you will have all the big, AAA blockbuster games that [offer] more and more production values, more value for the players, but there will be fewer of them taking a bigger chunk of the market," Mallat said.

On the other end of the spectrum, the developer said mobile initiatives, tablets, and Facebook will continue to bring in new customers to the gaming industry. The problem is with what falls in the middle of the spectrum.

"The in-between, the belly of the market, is the one that just collapsed in a way and disappeared," Mallat said. "Meaning there is no room for B-games, if I should say so, which proves the point of quality. I think that companies that put quality and consumer value as a primary focus, as we've been doing at Ubisoft, will enjoy great success."
The bigger those AAA games get and the fewer there are, the bigger risk there is with each one, and you basically end up with what we're seeing a lot now with samey stuff. Some riskier lower budget/lower sales type stuff ends up getting pushed out entirely or just gutted enough to make it out as a cheap "indie" type release.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

XenoCrab posted:

What's lacking in the Wii U's online? I don't have a 360 or PS3, so I really don't know what they offer that the Wii U doesn't. I do play games mostly on my PC though and I wouldn't consider the Wii U's online support limited.

I've only played online on my Wii U a couple of times, and the one time I was trying to play with someone on my friends list, it was a nightmare in comparison with how Xbox Live works.

On Xbox, say I sign onto BLOPS 2 and my friends are already playing. I can join their private chat (which they're always in so as to not hear 12 year olds blast some Wiz Khalifa while they play) and ask how long they have to go in their current match. Then, once they're out, they send me an invite and I join.

The second half of that should work the same on the Wii U, because BLOPS 2 has that capability, not the Wii U. You can invite people to your lobby from the lobby screen (still no party chat though). But Xbox Live lets you do that with any game from the Dashboard which pops up as an overlay to your game and doesn't have to load another screen like Miiverse.

When I tried to play Monster Hunter with another goon, it was more laborious to find him. I couldn't just scroll to an invite, hit A and automatically be wooshed to his lobby.

I had to scroll through server listings and find his game. This wouldn't be a huge deal if it was just how multiplayer on PC games work, but I had trouble even getting a list of every room in Monster Hunter. I selected the right server but the jerk game wouldn't list every room for some reason. I wasn't the only one either-- another goon never joined our game because he couldn't find it, which is a huge indicator of just how badly Nintendo fumbled the online play part of their console. The player should have as little trouble as possible finding their friends online.

Even if it were just like PC games where you get a full list, it still wouldn't be enough. Consoles wrap the online portion into the whole experience; it really should be very easy to connect with friends and play.

Just because this is Nintendo's first forray into true online play doesn't excuse how cumbersome it is. This is a function of the console that should have been flawless when it went out the door, even if they had to stand on Microsoft's shoulders and just blatantly copy what they did to get there. They shouldn't have even had to build from scratch when there is a huge example in the market of what works to use as a base for what Nintendo could have built.

Again, the bulk of my Wii U online experience is with Monster Hunter. Other games (like my Xbox example of Black Ops 2) could work more fluidly. But that's a problem in itself: Nintendo needs to make a comprehenseive, cohesive online system without leaving so many gaps up to developers to bridge in-game.

Using the mic in the Gamepad for chat was neat though :shobon:.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Nintendo already has an always running OS doodad now, so its certainly possible that this stuff could be patched. Being Nintendo of course, dont hold your breath.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

blackguy32 posted:

The difference is that the last crash was also due to many people thinking games are a fad so some perfectly good companies decided to just cut out of the market, thinking it dead, groups like Bally and the like. With the benefit of forty years of gaming history to look back on I believe that investors will make less rash decisions this time around leading to something that looks more like a deflation of the industry than an outright crash. Realistically thats already happened over the past four years and will probably continue at least until 2015 when the next gen user bases get large enough to start buying games at the rate that the 360 userbase was in 2006/7. To be honest I don't think this is a bad thing either. Certain annoying segments of the so-called gamer population like comparing games to movies but look at the golden age of Hollywood. It was filled with company bankruptcies, harsh working conditions, tons of pulpy schlock and the like, just as we see here. The ever-changing faces of leading game developers is a sign of competition and dynamism and if it ever gets to be like Hollywood of the 60s with the same big 6 publishers its at that time that we'd truly be in trouble.

Nintendo still has their year head start, they still have the 3DS, they still have their stable of franchises and fans. I can count on one hand the number of gaming publishers who can honestly say that they have a stronger position than Nintendo these days.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Soul Glo posted:

When I tried to play Monster Hunter with another goon, it was more laborious to find him. I couldn't just scroll to an invite, hit A and automatically be wooshed to his lobby.

Just a tip for later, if you check your friend list in game you can just push A and woosh to the lobby. In typical Nintendo fashion it's up to a developer to implement things, which is why you CAN push the home button at the tavern to go check the internet for tips on the next monster or see if any buddies are online or add the dudes you're playing with, but can't push it once the hunt actually starts. But because it's up to each dev, they can't do a Steam-like thing for joining out of Miiverse I guess. A lost opportunity.

As far as I'm aware, a developer could allow you to "tab over" to the Miiverse stuff if they wanted to during a multiplayer game. Maybe it's to prevent rage-quits or something? I dunno.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.
i've had 0 trouble with monster hunter, you can join a game with any friend through the friends list as long as you're in the same lobby, no need to locate the specific game.

kinda obtuse? yeah, you should be able to join straight from the friends list, but that's more Capcom than it is Nintendo.

It's a real double edged sword. Xbox works as seamlessly across games as it does because microsoft forces publishers and developers to do it that way. They've also managed (through such restrictions) to piss off more than a few developers who want to custom tailor their online experience more than microsoft allows (EA/Mass Effect's whole EA login thing comes to mind)

You can either cater to developers and allow them to have freedom in the online space or strong arm them into conforming to your (often arbitrary, sometimes useful) strict list of features. Since Nintendo is actively courting devs (especially indie devs with their slackening of requirements for devkits) it doesn't make much sense for them to say "hey please make games for us, oh but if you do your game has to do X, Y, Z and also 1,2,3" Xbox Live was able to get away with this because it was the only online option back during the Xbox/Ps2/GC generation and had built up a strong pimp hand by the 360 gen

treeboy fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 13, 2013

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I didn't think the "world" or "lobby" even mattered anymore beyond chat channels. I always pick a random one and check my friend list, if I'm instead looking for a random matchup I just do a search for world==any and get back pages and pages of results to browse.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
How does the Wii U system compare to the PS3? I generally don't play console games online with friends, so I've never really used a console friends list. Comparing the Wii U's service to the Xbox 360s service apples to apples sort of glosses over the fact that Xbox Live Gold is a paid service. Not that we should have to pay for such things to begin with but...

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
You can send messages through Miiverse and you can see what your friends are playing, but all invites and stuff are done within the game, and as such vary depending on what the devs wanna do. The way the Home menu works will put the game into standby when the button is pressed, similar to 3DS. Problem with this is that the button gets locked out while playing online, so if your little notification light blinks, youll have no idea if its a friend coming online or sending a message or what.

PSN works way better

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Chronojam posted:

Just a tip for later, if you check your friend list in game you can just push A and woosh to the lobby. In typical Nintendo fashion it's up to a developer to implement things, which is why you CAN push the home button at the tavern to go check the internet for tips on the next monster or see if any buddies are online or add the dudes you're playing with, but can't push it once the hunt actually starts. But because it's up to each dev, they can't do a Steam-like thing for joining out of Miiverse I guess. A lost opportunity.

As far as I'm aware, a developer could allow you to "tab over" to the Miiverse stuff if they wanted to during a multiplayer game. Maybe it's to prevent rage-quits or something? I dunno.

Cool, I'll keep it in mind next time I'm on.

Yeah, I just COULD NOT figure it out. And I wasn't the only one, there was one or two other guys who couldn't find the game either. Maybe Monster Hunter's online is just trying to fit in with the rest of the game's lack of user friendliness! :v:

And as I just talked up Xbox Live, that service goes down during a Black Ops 2 double XP weekend. :bang:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

thefncrow posted:

Here's the deal with baseball. Up until this year, 2K had an exclusive 3rd-party license on baseball, something they did to strike back at EA after EA got the exclusive NFL license. However, the exclusive MLB license turned out to be a terrible money pit for 2K, and so they were basically producing the games out of contractual obligation. The deal expired after MLB2K12, but with the new console generation coming up, no 3rd-party publisher really wanted to try and make a baseball game in under 12 months for release in 2013. MLB2K13 itself was announced very late, and it's basically assumed that MLB cut 2K a serious deal to produce what is basically MLB2K12 with new rosters in order to not have a year with no baseball games releasing on the Xbox 360. So, doing the work to create a port of that was basically out of the question.

2K might or might not stick around in the baseball market after 2K13, but doing a WiiU port is probably not in the cards if they do. There may well be an EA baseball game again once we get into 2014, but that's probably going to be designed for the PS4/Durango, plus they're EA and this is the WiiU, so I don't know that hopes are high that there would be a WiiU port if that game materializes.

Nintendo could have obtained an MLB license all along because of their status as a first-party publisher, but they didn't.

And also, my understanding is the rights to "RBI Baseball" are in legal limbo and may be difficult to recover, although Family Stadium (which is what RBI Baseball was in Japan) continues to be produced.

The last two baseball games I've played on my Nintendo consoles were MLB Power Pros 08 and All Star Baseball 2004. That's pathetic and a reason I don't like my Wii console. I really hope they fix this for the WiiU.

e: I mean, for gently caress's sake, Nintendo actually made a few first-party baseball games! And they were pretty good!

CraigK fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 13, 2013

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Surlaw posted:

They don't like the games that are currently popular and gamers love doom and gloom predictions.

This is just what the Wii U thread devolves to when poo poo posters have a chance to provide their insight from their parent's basement.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

flyboi posted:

This is just what the Wii U thread devolves to when poo poo posters have a chance to provide their insight from their parent's basement.

I do recall some article that was released right around the time of the Wii U going on about how various AAA titles were going to lose money unless they sold 2-6 million copies each and whatnot. It is getting a bit ridiculous and I figure part of the paranoia over the crash comes from stuff like that.

I know this isn't exactly online... but the other issue that I'm surprised hasn't come up yet is the fact that Nintendo doesn't have an actual account system for your purchases, despite the Wii U having you make an account (:psyduck:). I've never had as big of an issue with this as I'm completely paranoid about losing anything and have extraordinarily good luck with electronics either never messing up, or performing way better than they should. But I know others with too many issues so....

Also:

blackguy32 posted:

Except hasn't it also sort of lasted shorter, considering they claimedt he Move and Kinect were going to easily add at least 5 years to their life? I know the other reason for this gen lasting so long would be due to the fact that MS and Sony were pretty much bleeding money for the first few years, too.

One thing I've been wondering about is the Elite console's digital purchase deal. I know it only lasts the first two years... would there be any chance Nintendo would renew something like that for new only consoles later on? It seems like a nice perk of the black one, and if that didn't happen... seems like a price reduction would be coming soon at the very least. I mainly wonder because I'd love to get a Wii U for a few games and for future games, but won't really be in a great financial position to buy a new console and several games for a while right now.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

flyboi posted:

Wrap it up people, we got the best post this thread will ever produce. :golfclap:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Cool, I'll keep it in mind next time I'm on.

Yeah, I just COULD NOT figure it out. And I wasn't the only one, there was one or two other guys who couldn't find the game either. Maybe Monster Hunter's online is just trying to fit in with the rest of the game's lack of user friendliness! :v:

And as I just talked up Xbox Live, that service goes down during a Black Ops 2 double XP weekend. :bang:

I wouldn't put it past them since they know their audience, but Capcom just mostly tried keeping the original interface and menu placement intact I guess for the WiiU version. They had a (hatefully clunkier!) friend system back in Tri, too.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Found this over on Neogaf about Project CARS, can't find the source so it's probably from WMD's (dev) private supporter only board:

Andy Tudor, director posted:

So we were asked by Nintendo if we'd like to show Project CARS at this particular conference since Nintendo continue to show interest in Project CARS for the Wii U. The conference focuses on indie developers like ourselves and they believed the crowdfunding aspect of it would be of particular interest to their audience given that a lot of indie developers use other systems like Kickstarter or Indie-Go-Go to get their games made.
Kind of interesting considering it'd seem like a stretch to compare them to most indies, but I guess in a strict sense yeah, they are working as independent devs right now. Also found this recent interview, this part makes me happy:
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1856287/project_cars_wii_u_director_talks_graphics_gamepad_in_full_interview.html

quote:

What are you looking to do differently to GT and Forza to improve on those games?

"Both games are encyclopaedias in terms of how many cars and tracks they have and it’s a game of Pokemon to grind cash to catch them all.
"Our ethos is more sandbox – all the cars are unlocked out of the gate. Pick the style you like, jump into career, and opportunities will unlock based on your success on the track rather than how much money you have in the bank.
"So it puts the emphasis back on the racing and the feeling of being a driver. Gameplay is the thing that evolves, not cars.
"There’s also a bunch of things in terms of handling, AI, lighting, weather, and social connectivity that we think are a step above the competition.
And in other indie news, I guess QUBE is coming:
https://twitter.com/qubegame/status/323105141161070593

japtor fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 14, 2013

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

flyboi posted:

Who are the poo poo posters?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This thread is great when it's not repeating the same nontendonooooooo over and over. Someone say nice things about City Undercover.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Kilometers Davis posted:

This thread is great when it's not repeating the same nontendonooooooo over and over. Someone say nice things about City Undercover.

I don't have Lego but I've clocked close to 15 hrs on NSMBU and near 80hrs on MH3U since I bought the console the day after Monster hunter came out.

At this point I'd say I'm very much down with the system and a lot of stuff I find out about (like the TV/Cable remote) makes it even cooler

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah, I don't even know why we entertain it.

There's a girl at Best Buy whose job is to just play LEGO: City Undercover. I made it very clear to her that I was jealous of her employment. The game looked fun. Love the voice acting in it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Yeah, I don't even know why we entertain it.

There's a girl at Best Buy whose job is to just play LEGO: City Undercover. I made it very clear to her that I was jealous of her employment.

If she is required to 100% it before she gets paid, I wouldn't be.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Lego City is awesome. The characters are great, there's something to do around every corner, and the world is huge. It's kinda like the collectathons of old, except cranked up to 12, which is exactly what I needed after Mario took a more linear, obstacle course-esque design with Galaxy/3D Land. :allears:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lego City Undercover is really hilarious.

AHH! FRENCH PARROTS!

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Don't know how I missed this earlier this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThXK-GkLhro

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Lego City Undercover is really hilarious.

AHH! FRENCH PARROTS!

I WASN'T READY!

WHY WAS THAT EVEN THERE?!

I love Lego City. The dialogue is among some of the funniest things I've ever heard... :allears:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two bit of news:

-Pandora's Tower aka Operation Rainfall Game #3 aka the last decent Wii game is now out in NA, so I guess you could go buy that while you wait for something to show up for Wii U? It's only $40 and comes with an art book or something.

-Toki Tori 2 is really, really good.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
When does the 30-cent Kirby VC game go up?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Red posted:

When does the 30-cent Kirby VC game go up?

Have the 30-cent games already been announced?

EDIT: Found it. Tomorrow 4/17.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ghostwritingduck posted:

They've been going for 3 months now.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

ghostwritingduck posted:

They're all in the OP.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Don't know how I missed this earlier this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThXK-GkLhro

This is pretty fantastic. They even used the Super prefix again!

I'm also loving the video description:

quote:

Nintendo Direct [FAKE - 2013 April Fools' Day Version]

RATE - COMMENT - SUBSCRIBE

Experience Walkthrough Gametrailers posted a Xbox 360 Dashboard Walkthrough Hacking GamerTag Suspened PayPal Free Xbox Live Generator HALO 3 General Instantly Easy 50 boosting Service free money Recon Armor PS3 Microsoft ELITE Master Chief machinima THE NEW XBOX DASHBOARD COMING END OF SEPTEMBER. DEMO BY MAJOR NELSON. Call Xbox LIVE sims 2 Dash Board came early beta version cheatsboring program software demo major nelson blog free xbox live codes everydat prizerebel rewards1 hack generated generate online google virus unblock WII E3 2008 New Xbox 360 Dashboard Walkthrough Gametrailers posted penguin a Xbox 360 points coins change Dashboard armor halo 3 skulls Walkthrough Extra Tags] IGNORE [Extra Tags] E3 2008 New Xbox 360 Dashboard Hacking Club GamerTag Suspened PayPal reconFree Xbox Live Generator HALO 3 General mrwaterfalls Instantly Easy 50 boosting Service GWA Gator360 Supposed cp 1 Wwe Adam free money Recon Armor Master Chief PS3 Microsoft ELITE Master Chief machinima As Xbox 360® readies What is machinima for the next wave of audience gamertag change expansion, Microsoft today announced usa a new Xbox free habbo credits experience that will canada reinvent home entertainment from the inside out, changing the way we play games, watch movies and TV shows, and even become contestants in game shows. It all begins this fall with a bold new look and feel that is fun, social, and simple to use. Subscribe Unsubscribe Sign in to YouTube now! FLYING GHOST Sign in with your Google Account! This is an E3 preview of the new Xbox 360 dashboard ... MONEY FREE AWESOMEThis is an E3 preview of the new Xbox 360 dashboard soon to be released. xbox 360 new dashboard gears marcus dom halo e3 electronic enterntainment expo dashboards fall update 2008, including new avatars, 1vs100, and Netflix support. New Xbox 360 Dashboard Fall Update 2008 walks you through some of the new features xbox dashboards fall update including avatars 1vs10 Demo game installation process for the New Xbox Expe... SUBSCRIBER HACK WEBDemo game installation process for the New Xbox Experience dashboard Want to Subscribe? ALOT OF VIEWSSign in to YouTube now! RING OF DEATH Sign in with your Google Account! New dashboard interface for the Fall. This update wi... PS3 VS XBOX 360New dashboard interface for the Fall. This update will create an all new Xbox Live experience, as well as add Netflix to all Xbox Live Gold Subscribers for free on their Xbox 360 Marketplace. New avatars for all Xbox Live users, and more! xbox 360 microsoft dashboard avatars new experience e3 2008 bringing it home gears of war fall update halo resident evil This is the all new XBOX 360 Dashboard look. It gives you the ability to create an avatar which is like the Nintendo Wii XBOX 360 Experience Dashboard Live Halo * Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game. * Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you computerget home from work. download movies watch movies online no credit card * Dashboard built into the buyingnew Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves rent the how to free ms points xbox live subscription you tube partner prize rebel cheat engine fire fox i soulja boy bird walk mrfirefalls mrwaterfalls i can get you recon image fake not real do not post illegal banned suspension hacking youtube accounts hotmail yahoo google mail send sent recieved customer service boosting prank Major Nelson shows us how to customize Avatars. Avatars are coming this fall in the Xbox 360 dashboard update The New Xbox 360 Experience, including avatars and new games available for download on the Xbox Live marketplace. This video was shown at the E3 Press Conference penguin July 14, 2008. The new experience will be available Fall 2008. : New Xbox Experience (NXE)New Xbox Experience Game Installation What happens Process .call 76.45€ msn password demo game Xbox 360 - Avatars in New Xbox Experience Gamer Pics Theme Blayzeboy Vital Overkill MrWaterFall Digital Ph33r how to get recon armor iPod touch prizerebel hadk generator habbbo coins

habbbo coins

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, Target is giving away $25 gift cards with all Wii U console purchases this week, including the Lego City/NSMBU bundles.

They're also doing an in-store B1G1 half-off thing this week; eligible Wii U titles include Injustice: Gods Among Us, Lego City Undercover and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS version too).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Folt The Bolt posted:

I WASN'T READY!

WHY WAS THAT EVEN THERE?!

I love Lego City. The dialogue is among some of the funniest things I've ever heard... :allears:

I need to play this game, someone get Monster Hunter to let its claws (literal and figurative) out of me please :smith:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ciaphas posted:

I need to play this game, someone get Monster Hunter to let its claws (literal and figurative) out of me please :smith:

No dice, the off-TV patch hits tomorrow.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

njsykora posted:

No dice, the off-TV patch hits tomorrow.

If you have anything to get done, still, you better do it now. Because that patch came out yesterday.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chronojam posted:

If you have anything to get done, still, you better do it now. Because that patch came out yesterday.

Unless you're in Europe. Yes seriously, the patch allowing Europe and US to play online together hasn't been put out in Europe yet.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hahaha, that's wonderfully retarded and, well, Capcom.

That said, I forgot about the gamepad play until you posted that. I'm loving doomed. (he says as MH boots up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Nintendo Direct coming in the morning, copy pasting from Neogaf's thread:

Cheesemeister posted:

NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata today, Apr. 17th at 11 pm Japan Time, covering new information on Nintendo 3DS and first-party Wii U titles, as well as next week's Wii U update. Given the title, one can expect an update on New Super Luigi U.

When does it start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the Japanese presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/index.html

I will be providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

NOA has announced a presentation tomorrow, Apr. 17th at 10 am Eastern, 7 am Pacific, featuring the Nintendo 3DS. It will run simultaneously with the Japanese presentation.

Where can I watch the American presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/04-17-2013/

NOE has announced a presentation for Apr. 17th at 4 pm CEST, 3 pm BST, featuring the Nintendo 3DS. It will also run at the same time as the Japanese presentation.

Where can I watch the European presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Might have to watch the Japanese one for Wii U stuff if the US/Euro ones stay entirely on 3DS. And I guess "next week's Wii U update" is referring to this Japanese Nintendo tweet, which Google translates to:

quote:

The [Iwata], so we decided to implement the body next week update of Wii U, the direct of today, I would like to also introduce this body update. # NintendoDirectJP
So hopefully we'll be seeing some shorter load times by next week, probably after an excruciatingly long download and update process :effort:

• Locked thread