Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Adregan posted:

Are you on Xbox? If so I might have a few things for you to use. GT is my user name.

I'm on both but all my best characters are on PS3. My xbox characters are pretty low level but I'll still take some xbox loot if you don't mind. I'll add you later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Minorities posted:

Farming loot midgets in the Exploitation Preserve is so much easier with the Creature Dome. Last night I just went in there and went out so it would save my entry point after I killed the midgets and it's saving tons of time.

Yes, but don't forget to collect the slag vials in the main quest in that area! If you complete the mission without completing the optional objective, it will be impossible to save at the Creature Dome, even if you save inside the area! This was confirmed by a Gearbox-guy on the official forums here: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=265624. I have to run all the way from the start every time :argh:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
Does anyone have a legendary assassin mod they can dupe me?

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

delpheye posted:

do you need better than 50? if yes, no. if no, yes.

probably won't be on much today/tonight, but I will add you soonish.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

I've got a 61 I think. I'll be on later today if no one has duped you another.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Kifisonfire posted:

I've got a 61 I think. I'll be on later today if no one has duped you another.

I might have to hit you up for one as well. Maybe we can swap some loot too. I have a few things from some very awesome generous goons.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Ugh the Exploitation Preserve midgets keep dropping the same e-tech relics and I don't want them! :mad: I'm getting an orange here and there and I guess selling the relics is netting me a ton of cash but it really sucks that the same stuff keep dropping :(

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Sweet. A whatever-level assassin mod is fine since they don't scale much from 50-61. I should be on after 8:30 CST tonight. I'm going to give the character an honest shot at being fun as I think part of the reason why I don't like playing him is because he has poo poo gear and I haven't found an interesting build yet. Going to start with as many bladed guns as possible with melee/crit skills.

Adregan posted:

I might have to hit you up for one as well. Maybe we can swap some loot too. I have a few things from some very awesome generous goons.

I haven't gotten anything good lately... been in the bar room almost exclusively though I think I've done enough of that and now I'll go play the actual game. Who wants to start UVHM at 61 from Southern Shelf? haha

delpheye fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 17, 2013

velcro and proud
Mar 31, 2005

I love baseball, apple pie...and your mom.

Dear internet friends:

I's 11:30 AM Eastern and I have absolutely nothing to do today. Anybody wanting a partner for shooting faces is invited to contact GT: BloatedOsprey for such things. The best I can muster is a level 42 Mechro, but I'd even start something new if that's what anybody else was up for. Get at me, yo.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Hello, thread. I have seen my dream gun:

This fine-rear end grammatical atrocity makes even running an assassin at 61 enjoyable. Unfortunately, I do not yet have said dream gun. If you've got a copy and would be willing to trade me one, I'd be eternally grateful.

unkle77
Sep 9, 2009

Please prepare me one of these... Chocolate Egg Creams.
Hey, goonbros. Just bought this game an hour ago, so I'm green as can be. If it is somehow beneficial to any of you to have a brand spanking new newbie on your hands, by all means, friend me.

In the meantime, I'll figure this game out and keep reading the thread.

Thanks for all the helpful information!

XBL: PatBeezy77

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkk you Borderlands

Why are my drops so lovely? Sure I'm playing solo but I just killed the Warrior 4 times with my 58 Mechro and the best I got was a Bouncing Electric Leech. A really lovely bouncing leech. I left to see if I could get more experience on Hero's Path....and I am getting destroyed.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

First time I've seen Donkey Mong in forever and he drops a Badaboom. Shame I'm on my Siren and I'm 59, but still it felt awesome. That's something I miss when I'm farming the loot midgets. I like the feeling of farming a boss in particular because I want a specific weapon, and finally seeing it drop is so rewarding. It's not the same with the treasure room and loot midgets. You go in, you wait to see what dropped, and the majority of the time it's poo poo I don't even want. But I'll keep it anyway because it's a legendary or pearl, and it will clog up space in my backpack or bank.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Kifisonfire posted:

First time I've seen Donkey Mong in forever and he drops a Badaboom. Shame I'm on my Siren and I'm 59, but still it felt awesome. That's something I miss when I'm farming the loot midgets. I like the feeling of farming a boss in particular because I want a specific weapon, and finally seeing it drop is so rewarding. It's not the same with the treasure room and loot midgets. You go in, you wait to see what dropped, and the majority of the time it's poo poo I don't even want. But I'll keep it anyway because it's a legendary or pearl, and it will clog up space in my backpack or bank.

I don't miss killing Hunter Hellquist 1,000,000,000 times for a legendary that ended up getting nerfed. However, I do love it when a random legendary drops, even though most of the time it's a goddamn flakker.

I'm hoping to try out that SATURN robot thing tommorow night since everyone tells me it's quite the challenge. However, I think my double-shielded-slagged turrets will wreck his poo poo. Level 61 commando is one smooth motherfucker.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

KidKrampus posted:

I don't miss killing Hunter Hellquist 1,000,000,000 times for a legendary that ended up getting nerfed. However, I do love it when a random legendary drops, even though most of the time it's a goddamn flakker.

I'm hoping to try out that SATURN robot thing tommorow night since everyone tells me it's quite the challenge. However, I think my double-shielded-slagged turrets will wreck his poo poo. Level 61 commando is one smooth motherfucker.
Saturn doesn't give a poo poo about your slag turrets, so have fun with that.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Every time I've fought Saturn I've stood behind the house and shot him, he never really comes over there. One time my friend was behind the house and I went on the rock behind him and shoot him from back there. When he gets weak you can run up to the top of the rock, jump off and slam-dunk a Torgue into his back.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I just walked right up to his stupid face and tanked him with a Slag Rubi/DP Harold. gently caress right off Saturn.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

:siren:THE BANK OVERSTOCK GLITCH IS BEING FIXED TOMORROW:siren:

Also, other things.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

First time I've seen Donkey Mong in forever and he drops a Badaboom. Shame I'm on my Siren and I'm 59, but still it felt awesome. That's something I miss when I'm farming the loot midgets. I like the feeling of farming a boss in particular because I want a specific weapon, and finally seeing it drop is so rewarding. It's not the same with the treasure room and loot midgets. Yough I'mu go in, you wait to see what dropped, and the majority of the time it's poo poo I don't even want. But I'll keep it anyway because it's a legendary or pearl, and it will clog up space in my backpack or bank.

I farmed blue the other night for a 61 fabled tortoise so I disagree on this. It's mostly just the crystalisks on this one though.

KidKrampus posted:

You're going to get wrecked. Saturn is a monster on ultimate.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If anyone has a level 61 norfleet (or interfacer) they want to dupe for me, that would be lovely! In exchange I have quite a few pearls (not all are 61 though), and a few 59-61 legendaries. GT is in profile. For 360.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

I farmed blue the other night for a 61 fabled tortoise so I disagree on this. It's mostly just the crystalisks on this one though.
Admittedly I've never seen Blue drop a drat thing, so yeah I see what you mean.

Also found a fun glitch in Sanctuary. If you kill an Armoured Skag, the rider rat which falls off can't be slagged for some reason. It's not really fun, although having Phaselock is making them a lot easier to deal with.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

You're going to get wrecked. Saturn is a monster on ultimate.

This.

I read this post and assumed it was Neo Helbeast that posted it. heh. I forsee a lot of terra farming with level 1 characters for eridium.

Darkstar, I have norfleets. shock, acid, and explooooosions. Which are you looking for?

delpheye fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 18, 2013

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
^^all three

Adregan asked for my siren build/mod/weapons, because apparently someone was impressed with how much damage I did. So here it is.

http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550001000050055103005500500551

As for gear, I use a Bee, Proactive Bitch (level 58), and e-tech relic which provides 29.3% more SMG damage, as well as 29.3% more FFYL time, and 135% second wind health.

I also use a Legendary Siren mod, which provides +37% cooldown rate, +28% gun damage, and +5 in Ward, Accelerate, Mind's Eye, Flicker, and Foresight. And a movespeed bonus while using Phaselock.

If I use my phaselock, it will suck enemies in, and slag the entire group in the process, allowing me to destroy anything that could be slagged.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

^^all three

Adregan asked for my siren build/mod/weapons, because apparently someone was impressed with how much damage I did. So here it is.

As for gear, I use a Bee, Proactive Bitch (level 58), and e-tech relic which provides 29.3% more SMG damage, as well as 29.3% more FFYL time, and 135% second wind health.

I also use a Legendary Siren mod, which provides +37% cooldown rate, +28% gun damage, and +5 in Ward, Accelerate, Mind's Eye, Flicker, and Foresight. And a movespeed bonus while using Phaselock.

If I use my phaselock, it will suck enemies in, and slag the entire group in the process, allowing me to destroy anything that could be slagged.

That might have been me. Your siren was murdering loot midgets really quickly.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

^^all three

If you're going for a high DPS SMG Siren, you should get a Cat mod. 99% extra SMG Damage over 28% gun damage any day.

But yeah, that's a similar build to what I'm using. SMG Siren is the best. I dumped a point in Blight Phoenix just for wings to be honest though.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

^^all three

Thanks for posting the build. Is that a level 61 Legendary Siren mod that you use?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Adregan posted:

Thanks for posting the build. Is that a level 61 Legendary Siren mod that you use?

Nope. Only level 50, as I can't be assed to find a level 61 version of it.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

Just a heads up, I gave my 60 Legendary assassin mod to Adregan. I didn't dupe it since I don't have an assassin, so if you want it I'd ask him.

Also thanks for the loot vomit Adregan.

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope. Only level 50, as I can't be assed to find a level 61 version of it.
Should have said, I'd have dropped my 61 for you.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Kifisonfire posted:

Should have said, I'd have dropped my 61 for you.

That brings up a question. Does the 61 variety give more skill points or is it just the other attributes (Cooldown/Gun damage) that get increased? I'm 5 levels away from hunting one down myself and if it doesn't add more than 5 points to the skills I may just stick with the 50 version unless there's a huge difference in the other attributes.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

There isn't any difference in skill point bonus for level 61 legendary class mods, and the stat bonuses aren't always better. I'm looking at a level 50 assassin mod that's arguable identical to a 61 aside from 1%+/- in a couple of stats.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Cat mod > Legendary Siren mod for pure DPS on SMGs, but Legendary mod gets you some better cooldown and non-SMG damage. Pretty good either way.

Sodium Benzoate
Dec 31, 2008
Pillbug
What's the best way to get legendary mods anyway? Don't think I've ever even seen one.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

They're in Vermi's loot table, but Terramorphous can drop them as well. So really the best way to get one is to get someone to dupe you one. I've only ever seen 2 drop.

Poutling
Dec 26, 2005

spacebunny to the rescue
Hi, I'm a fairly casual gamer that has a level 30 mechromancer and a level 47 siren, is anyone interested in joining my game and helping me level up, or maybe forming a group to level up together? I have a few friends that play but they're a fairly dedicated group of four so I'm the odd person out. I usually log on after 8:30 PST for a couple of hours of playtime. I've got a bluetooth if anyone wants to chat while playing. :) Username is poutling on ps3 if anyone wants to add me!

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Man, I just got to the wildlife exploitation preserve and tried loot midget farming. Not having any issues except FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK rabid stalkers. Nothing else gives me problems. I actually like fighting the super badass loader and all the other stuff. Rabid skags aren't that big of a deal, I can outrun them long enough to redeploy deception, but those stalkers are just way too fast. Any other zeros out there have any tips besides just firing a badaboom at your feet?

velcro and proud
Mar 31, 2005

I love baseball, apple pie...and your mom.

Anybody on Xbox this morning? I am on playthrough 2 and am getting my teeth kicked in by the gluttonous thresher. If you can lend a hand, send a message to BloatedOsprey.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Gearbox Update posted:

Added a preview of available premium customizations when using a customization station so that players can see what a purchased head or skin would look like before buying.
This actually sounds pretty swank, if I hadn't gotten drat near every skin and head already! :doh:

Gearbox Update posted:

Added a new automatic backup feature -- the game will periodically create a backup of your current character so that there is something to fall back on if your character save becomes corrupted.
I fear this may mean we're getting closer to them patching out people's ability to dupe gear.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:siren: Intentional double post :siren:

PS3 SHiFT Code:
C3K3T-TFJFJ-C5CK3-STKBB-9W3T9

XBOX360 SHiFT Code:
KJW3B-ZZHRX-BT9JR-K6BT3-6THSS

Good until April 18th

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

I fear this may mean we're getting closer to them patching out people's ability to dupe gear.

Unless they can force saves every time you pick up or drop an item, I don't see how that's possible. I think when it comes to gear, they care more about people creating horribly broken items and sharing those.

I had a rifle that shot 50 grenades that split into even more, all did something like 100k each and bounced. It was hilarious but terribly broken. The guy that made it was duping it for anyone that happened to join his public game. People that make and manage to hang on to game breaking poo poo like that might be a problem... not those of us who use Borderlands as hoarding therapy. haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Gearbox doesn't care about duping and have said so many times. There's no practical way to stop it.

• Locked thread