Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
When the guy can't even edit his pitch segment, I doubt this is TV quality.

I'm getting a strong Birdemic: The Series vibe from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

No, it's just frustration that one person out of dozens seems to be getting a disproportionate amount of donations. It's understandable but silly to get upset about, at least they're giving money to SOMEONE, and he'll probably need it with the amount of poo poo he'll have to pay for.

He's the hero who awoke from his drug coma in the ICU to describe the white hatted bomber in enough detail to ID both of the guys in the various photos. Feel free to mentally add quotes around hero if you want to debate the public narrative versus your personal opinions, but that's how he's been painted.

People want to support that guy and want to vote "YES!" to that kind of behavior, which is all that kickstarter/crowdfunding is. It's not about business viability, or the most efficient way of doing things, it's about gathering money from a personal 'market' of feelings/opinions.

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

OldMemes posted:

When the guy can't even edit his pitch segment, I doubt this is TV quality.

I bet the guy thought walking back to the camera after talking would make him look quirky and endearingly awkward. I guess the music was supposed to accentuate that? I dunno.

Also, what's with all these clips in the video? Like half the time I can't figure out what the joke is supposed to be.

"Did you know that I can bench press 50 pounds?"
"Who cares if you can bench press fifty pounds."
"Ann from Minnesota."
"That is a Kim Kardashian baby."

Is this some pop culture reference I'm just not getting? Is the joke that a Kim Kardashian baby is 50 pounds? Why? :psyduck:

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

OldMemes posted:

I would definitely pay to see this if it came with a complimentary rifftrax.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DoctorPresident posted:

I love those moments in history where a bunch of "inventors" try to cram a new discovery into every facet of life:

Yeah, that is radium infused facial cream.

It gives ladies that glow, I guess?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Rickycat posted:

I would definitely pay to see this if it came with a complimentary rifftrax.

It would just be the commentators shooting themselves. Honestly that material is so low quality it's not even worth riffing. It's not even bad enough to make fun of, it's just plain boring and tasteless.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

We got a hit here...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/comfybreasts/comfy-breasts-full-body-open-breasted-comfort-pill?ref=recently_launched

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
^^^ that would actually be useful for any stomach sleepers who recently had breast surgery (implants and cysts as well as breast cancer as mentioned in the pitch) or mastitis and other issues related to breast feeding

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

Because as opposed to donating to an actual charity, or to the local police department who can actually use the money in a better way (or at least I hope so), or to the hospitals where 60-70 more people are being treated, people are focusing all their "charity" on a first-come-first-serve basis.

The OneFund Boston, which has helping responders and responder organizations as part of its mission, has $11 million in donations right now, so this effort isn't draining coffers.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Apr 22, 2013

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

C'mon, man, you gotta show the best photo:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Boiled Water posted:

I wonder how much it would cost to become a Canadian citizen. More or less than 350k?

It's $400K Canadian for the "Investor" category (you have to put that much on deposit with the government; your net worth needs to be at least $800K Canadian).

Mozi posted:

But isn't it strange to donate to that even though there are dozens of people equally deserving of charity who, by chance, didn't appear in photos on the front page?

The One Fund Boston has >$11 million so far, so it's not like this guy is cutting other people off from help. If One Fund Boston is administered like the 9/11 fund, individual fundraising through other venues will be figured in as part of determining how much One Fund money a qualified recipient will receive (as far as I know, that is the plan).

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Breetai posted:

Weekend at Bernadette's

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

At the beach
At the park
At the morgue

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

Don't worry dudes we're covered too

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

BoutrosBoutros
Dec 6, 2010
The ComfyBreasts seems like it might actually be a product with a legitimate use and a real market, but the way it's been presented is just off putting. If it had a better name and a video without some moustached rear end old dude talking about tits then I think it'd have a much better shot at getting funding.

Tekhne
Sep 11, 2001

seal it with a kiss posted:

Tester #2 said he could fall asleep easily, and actually almost forgot he had a penis

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
We're into manssiere territory now.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Sometimes I wish that Portlandia didn't pull so many punches.

Back the second edition of Pedal, Stretch, Breathe: the Yoga of Bicycling.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

seal it with a kiss posted:

They already have pillows with space for your penis, though not exactly for the same reasons.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Shelf Adventure posted:

They already have pillows with space for your penis, though not exactly for the same reasons.

Yes but there's a distinct pack of anime girl printed on the sheets

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shelf Adventure posted:

Funpillows? :sonia:

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

For some reason one of their ads uses the same picture again, but this time with a bra drawn on in what I can only assume is MS Paint.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The 5 Most Unintentionally Hilarious Kickstarter Campaigns
http://www.cracked.com/video_18570_the-5-most-unintentionally-hilarious-kickstarter-campaigns.html

Pretty funny.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

joedevola posted:

We're into manssiere territory now.

Excuse me, it is called the BRO™

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Hbomberguy posted:

For some reason one of their ads uses the same picture again, but this time with a bra drawn on in what I can only assume is MS Paint.

Wait, she had both her breasts removed... so how does a pillow with a notch for her breasts help...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hm yes how does not having something pressing up against your surgery wounds help at all a conundrum indeed.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

Babe Magnet posted:

Hm yes how does not having something pressing up against your surgery wounds help at all a conundrum indeed.
He asked the wrong question, but he's on the right track about that load of shitthatdidnthappen.txt.

The scarring for even a non-radical mastectomy is larger than the size of the breasts as protrusions from the torso. There's a whole lot of tissue near the armpit that is removed as well (I have no idea if this counts as NSFW but it's a diagram of a boob so yeah), and it hurts like hell afterwards. Generally people are recommended to sleep on their back afterwards due to the pain just laying on the side can cause.

I showed this to someone who's had far less disfiguring breast surgery and their reaction was a variant of "oh hell no".

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
When hateful evangelical propaganda meets trying-too-hard ironic bad film makers, we all lose.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687530622/meme-tcg?ref=category
Didn't the last Meme related game fail horribly?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Something tells me Nintendo / Wizards of the Coast will file a C&D soon.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Is that...the Pokemon TCG with meme-based pokemon? There are so many copyrighted things in that game, I highly doubt the creator won't get sued/forced to cancel the project even if they "redesign the game a few times because we felt we could be susceptible to lawsuits". The gameplay is like an exact copy of the Pokemon TCG with energy cards, trainer cards and evolutions to make your monsters stronger.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Machai posted:

Is that...the Pokemon TCG with meme-based pokemon? There are so many copyrighted things in that game, I highly doubt the creator won't get sued/forced to cancel the project even if they "redesign the game a few times because we felt we could be susceptible to lawsuits". The gameplay is like an exact copy of the Pokemon TCG with energy cards, trainer cards and evolutions to make your monsters stronger.

I didn't even look at the rules. I saw Pokemon colours and fonts, pokemon cards, and images there is now way they have any rights to use (more likely get sued over). Brutal.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The General posted:

I didn't even look at the rules. I saw Pokemon colours and fonts, pokemon cards, and images there is now way they have any rights to use (more likely get sued over). Brutal.

I like that they think re-skinning the trollface with a pokeball pattern will avoid CR infringement. Combining two CRs does not make it a fair use parody, if anything it makes it infringe more.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Wow, I was going to joke about someone reading too many Jack Chick comics, but didn't expect this to literally be an adaptation of one.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Carbon Thief posted:

Wow, I was going to joke about someone reading too many Jack Chick comics, but didn't expect this to literally be an adaptation of one.

Are we sure it's not just satire?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Crain posted:

It clearly is, but he's pretending to be serious since he actually wants the rights.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The General posted:

Didn't the last Meme related game fail horribly?

There was the 4chan drinking game Kickstarter which got hit with an intellectual property dispute and has been sitting in 'suspended' status ever since. I'm pretty sure the project deadline has passed, I had a feeling that Kickstarter Inc was just going to put a pillow over its face and hold it there until it stopped struggling.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crain posted:

lovely satire is still poo poo. And making a bad movie on purpose doesn't magically make it into a good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

lovely satire is still poo poo. And making a bad movie on purpose doesn't magically make it into a good movie.

Hey, if "Reefer Madness: The musical" can turn out good, this has some hope.