Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

The Sphinxster posted:

All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ubik posted:

One of my friends just posted a picture of a bottle of Blue Label next to a half-eaten slice of pizza and an empty beer glass on her Facebook. It begs for an Achewood reference, but I really don't know what.

Other than "You can do whatever you want in life," of course.

THIS IS totally WONDERFUL!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Ubik posted:

One of my friends just posted a picture of a bottle of Blue Label next to a half-eaten slice of pizza and an empty beer glass on her Facebook. It begs for an Achewood reference, but I really don't know what.

Other than "You can do whatever you want in life," of course.

I'll queue up Braveheart and see if there is a bottle of Blue Label in my hand.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

I have no idea why that made me laugh so hard on my re-read lately. Ray is just so god damned lovable. I want to hang with him for a few weeks a year.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

This is one my favorite strips ever. Have I said that in this thread yet? I want friends like that, showing up at my place at 12:54 am, making snacks and getting drunk.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

horse mans posted:

This is one my favorite strips ever. Have I said that in this thread yet? I want friends like that, showing up at my place at 12:54 am, making snacks and getting drunk.

Get stupidly wealthy somehow and have friends that are habitually unemployed, and it will happen all the time.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I love the alt-text to that, because for so long I thought I was the only person who thought Tabasco was a sub-par hot sauce. The flavor is just too overwhelming! It can never compliment, it can only subsume!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Other dishes you may enjoy: Spaghetti's Dad.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

horse mans posted:

This is one my favorite strips ever. Have I said that in this thread yet?

Teodor's face loving slays me in that one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Almost every random Achewood is like 3 strips max away from one of my favorites. Except for maybe towards the end when Onstad forgot how to write Connie.

e: I finally fuckin' got what was meant by "a low-stakes Verbal Kint". Slow roasted ancho-raisin chutney. Jesus, Ray.

Phy fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 22, 2013

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
This: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11292007
The dialog between them is just great.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Johnny Aztec posted:

It probably speaks volumes about me that I was always expecting Lyle to dildo the cappuccino itself (as he later does for Nolan) to begin with.

... :smith:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Johnny Aztec posted:

That strip really just leads to the best single panel joke in the strip's run.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Phy posted:

Almost every random Achewood is like 3 strips max away from one of my favorites. Except for maybe towards the end when Onstad forgot how to write Connie.

e: I finally fuckin' got what was meant by "a low-stakes Verbal Kint". Slow roasted ancho-raisin chutney. Jesus, Ray.

I clicked next strip (as you do), and bam, there's one of MY favorites. I've had so much occasion to say "Dogg I cannot brook the gossamer bloatee" in real life that its' led to some pretty serious self-examination.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I clicked next strip (as you do), and bam, there's one of MY favorites. I've had so much occasion to say "Dogg I cannot brook the gossamer bloatee" in real life that its' led to some pretty serious self-examination.

Oh my God, I forgot all about "that thing is so hell of wispy a spider covets" :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Phy posted:

Almost every random Achewood is like 3 strips max away from one of my favorites.

This guy knows what's up. Onstad on his days is right up there with P.G. Wodehouse, Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams for writing dialogue that just tickles my brain. There's no other way to describe the wonderful tingling I feel when I read some of their better wordplay.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MMAgCh posted:

It probably speaks volumes about me that I was always expecting Lyle to dildo the cappuccino itself (as he later does for Nolan) to begin with.

... :smith:

My favorite part of the Perky Pervert/Potty Pals arc is Nolan's mailbox: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12062007

Philippe! doesn't even have an email address. It is just known that that is who he is, and he is five.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Saw this last night:

https://twitter.com/achewood/status/326208382098870273

Roast Beef in "Nighthawks" plus... balloon men?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jet Jaguar posted:

Saw this last night:

There were also a few panel previews.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Capsaicin posted:

That strip really just leads to the best single panel joke in the strip's run.

I think about Ray's "I pay attention" speech a lot while I'm at work. I don't actually say it to anyone because I'm not a total dork but it still makes me feel better about my lovely job.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

morestuff posted:

There were also a few panel previews.

Ray sitting at his big expensive desk, making paper planes :)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Saw this last night:

Wish he'd upload a bigger version, that'd be a good wallpaper.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

Wish he'd upload a bigger version, that'd be a good wallpaper.

There's a Facebook Cover Photo size version, but yeah I wouldn't mind a big version to use as desktop wallpaper. I still have Beef meeting Trouble Man and No-No in my regular wallpaper rotation.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I like the idea of trying to post the funniest single panels that work without context.

My humble submission:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I feel like ninety percent of them would involve Ray.
I am okay with this. Here's my submission:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cloks posted:

I feel like ninety percent of them would involve Ray.
I am okay with this. Here's my submission:

Candle at both ends, though. Harsh.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward