Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Fallom posted:

I kinda hope you're making these posts ironically.

He's just being anti-comedy. The bit about forcing Anthony Jeselnik to delete his tweet had me in stitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Scott makes Borat references because they're funny.

e: To be clear, because I think maybe you're new to the show, we're talking exclusively about one Borat reference (my wife) and it's been a running joke for years now. But the reason Scott and others on the show say it is because it's funny.

Also, Scott loves dumb jokes so there's that.

This is incorrect. Making a Borat reference is unfunny for an average person; it's especially pathetic coming from a comedic performer or writer. Ironically making a hackneyed Borat reference years after the fact is somewhat funny. Driving the bit into the ground is hilarious.

Some of you are enjoying your comedy incorrectly. :colbert:

This post is ironically anti-sincerity but to a point where I actually mean it.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

This thread is making me feel pretty anti-comedy

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

"Dissecting a joke is like dissecting a frog - nobody is that interested and the thing dies." - Borat

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sasha Baba Goo Boo is one of my favorite comedians.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Let's each choose something Scott Aukerman says and explain why it's funny.

I'll start.

The origin of 'Hollywood Nights' dates back t :suicide:

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
"It's been"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It bugs me that Scott takes these moments to rail against our President. I get it, he's not a fan of the guy, but this is supposed to be a comedy show and you can tell it really bothers the guests.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I don't believe he even does any research before games such as "Dead or Alive" and "Who Said It" and it really takes me out of the experience.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BEACHFRONT PROPERTYYYYYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG2naf70MbY

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Let's not get bogged down in what is or isn't funny and focus on how tomorrow's episode appears to be a monumental reunion

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I thought it was gonna be FartPro3 but that's even better.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Um, I thought it was going to be Farts and Procreation 3, but that's even better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fuckin' Fourvel? Yes please.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Twelve minutes in to the episode and it's been

awesome already, PFT always knows how to play around with Saucerman in just the right way.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

You tempt me with Farts & Pro 3, then hit me with Time Bobby 2? This episode is going to be amazing.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Halfway through, so goddamn funny. Cannot help laughing hard at every single 'It's Been'.

(Also between this and the UYD episode of WTF, what an insane day for podcasts)

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I'm 1/3 of the way through and it's amazing. God I love Fourvel and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The first five minutes I was a bit bummed it wasn't Farts&Pro4, but when the I'ts Been started I somehow forgot all about that for now.

Oh my god you guys, what if Farts&Pro3 is released this thursday and we get the best week ever after the worst week ever?!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I pray to Lord Jesus Christ(who is my savior) that ep 3 won't be as bad as ep 2 which was very bad indeed.

Also Borat is a fantastic film although obviously not as a good as the bits they did on the Ali G tv show. And Sasha Baron Cohen is a true comedic genius.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I also was not a fan of F&P2.

Didn't it come in second in the Best of 2012, only to lose to Time Bobby?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yep, and Series Regulars was number ten.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I think that Farts and Procreation 2, while lacking the strong character work of Farts and Procreation 1, contains far better guest banter. If you'd like I can present my dissertation on the matter.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

jyrka posted:

I pray to Lord Jesus Christ(who is my savior) that ep 3 won't be as bad as ep 2 which was very bad indeed.

escape artist posted:

Look at these two. Look at these two being so, so wrong.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

LesterGroans posted:

These people should have their posts framed, as an eternal example of wrongness.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Martha Plimpton told me that she doesn't like them.

Aoiferz
Jan 30, 2012
We also have this to look forward to.

WOMP IT UP!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Aren't most eps at least a week behind? Not sure why everyone thought they would turn F&P3 around in 3 days.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Cast No Engine posted:

Aren't most eps at least a week behind? Not sure why everyone thought they would turn F&P3 around in 3 days.

Uhh, listen much? They're recorded one year in advance.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

escape artist posted:

Didn't it come in second in the Best of 2012, only to lose to Time Bobby?
They were neck and neck by like 2 votes until PFT, in the biggest voting scandal this turn of the century, asked his twitter followers to specifically vote for Time Bobby without even listening or having prior knowledge of the other episodes !!!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Zsinjeh posted:

They were neck and neck by like 2 votes until PFT, in the biggest voting scandal this turn of the century, asked his twitter followers to specifically vote for Time Bobby without even listening or having prior knowledge of the other episodes !!!

Well sure, he may have won that, but can he fill the entire cup?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zsinjeh posted:

I seriously doubt there are PFT twitter followers that don't listen to or have prior knowledge of CBB episodes.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

LesterGroans posted:

It was just a clumsy attempt at recapturing the magic of the first episode and it didn't really work. Comedically. Other than that, it was great.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

I seriously doubt there are PFT twitter followers that don't listen to or have prior knowledge of CBB episodes.
It's a sham I say :argh:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

jyrka posted:

It was just a clumsy attempt at recapturing the magic of the first episode and it didn't really work. Comedically. Other than that, it was great.

I liked F&P2 a lot but it did seem like they were doing certain things specifically because they did them on F&P1 and that episode turned out great. I'd rather they just treat it like any other episode.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Does anyone remember what rank the Wompler/Listler episode made it to in the CBB top 10? Because it, Farts & Pro, and Time Bobby are probably my favorite guest groupings in all of CBB and they're all coming with sequels soon. No slight intended to the Dalys, Kroll, Mantzoukas, or Schwartz (or Adomian, who, I might add, works well with any guest, even the shy newcomer ones).

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

UP AND ADAM posted:

Does anyone remember what rank the Wompler/Listler episode made it to in the CBB top 10?

Episode 154: Finger Guns. Has to be that one. There were a lot of "Very Best of CBB" episodes around that time aswell. Stuff like Raisin Norman Bates, Wipeout!, Time Bobby, Words with Friends, etc.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Not enough discussion of this incredible episode! Was almost in tears at the repeated mnemonics and Bobby just coming up with "The Buttercream Effect" was genius. Also love the recurring gag that all PFT's character despise one another.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

GraPar posted:

Not enough discussion of this incredible episode! Was almost in tears at the repeated mnemonics and Bobby just coming up with "The Buttercream Effect" was genius. Also love the recurring gag that all PFT's character despise one another.

Yeah, this episode was as good as the first time bobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
It's been a long time since I've laughed this hard at anything. What a great episode.