Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That logo looks like a patch they put on to remember somebody who died

I'm sure somebody will run with that and turn it into a decent joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The new unis are actually really nice, outside the Away whites. The away whites are really dull and I wish they had used the Turquoise on the sleeves and not black.

Helmet gradients are dumb though, man that was a bad idea.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 23, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The patch still looks really stupid.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

BlindSite posted:

That is going to look ridiculous with the teal.

The teal jersey has black numbers for some reason. If you told me those were new Arizona Rattlers uniforms, I'd believe you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130423/jaguars-uniforms/

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Looks like an arena team.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Arena League unis own, what is wrong with you people :colbert:

I like the new duds

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I like the patch. Shoulders and helmet, not so much.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Font looks unique in a cool way. I need to see more of the helmet before I decide whether or not I hate the fade.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Oof. There's some interesting ideas there, but... the execution is not so good. The shoulders look okay on their own but not so much with the gold collars. It's like they mashed together two ideas with no cohesiveness between them. Of all of them I think the whites are the best. also, gradient helmets.... ugh.

quote:

The blacks look okay here but that's all because of the lighting effects. These aren't gonna look nearly as good in practice, I don't think.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

And now the Dolphins are out, making the Vikings this year's "Keep it under wraps the longest" big winners:
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326766611920990208/photo/1

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm really liking the jerseys, actually.

loving hate the gradient helmet, though.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

oldskool posted:

And now the Dolphins are out, making the Vikings this year's "Keep it under wraps the longest" big winners:

I think you can actually see the Vikings jersey in the picture on the left. Not a good view, you can see the horn, the pants, and part of the shoulder.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Vikings celebrate with a reveal of their own:
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326769903178756096/photo/1

All 3 together, including Jags alt:
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326770731927093249/photo/1

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 23, 2013

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dolphins look good. Not sure about the new wordmark though, it looks boring and new-age corporate from what I can tell.

Vikings look great.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Love the way the new Phins logo is laid out on the helmet. If I didn't know what it was replacing I'd say it looks amazing.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Vikings look great.

Seriously. A return to simplicity suits them well.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Outside the Jags bullshit gradient helmet, I think all 3 of these are pretty drat good. I wish the Dolphins had a touch more orange though. They feel too plain without some nice orange highlights. Vikings are boss.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 23, 2013

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Those uniforms are boring...

Oh well, it's better than what I was imagining.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Purple loving pants.

They're better than what they had but I don't like the numbers. I don't like the lack of an outline and the demi-serifing a la ASU.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Well its official, I'm old. All of these new uniforms look like crap. The Jags look like cartoon garbage, and the Dolphins look like bland generic clip art. If the Browns new unis next year look anything like these abominations I may have to quit the NFL altogether. Oh well at least the NFL hasn't gone all premier league and started turning the jerseys into billboards, yet.

Alright the Vikings come in, and salvage a little optimism for new jerseys. I like these new Vikings unis a lot. Honestly makes me think of Fran Trakenton and Jim Marshall.

HarlanHell fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 23, 2013

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
The worst part for me is the worst idiots in Minnesota have been clamoring for purple pants for years and now they get it. Don't reward idiots ever.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

yeah I don't like this new scheme

I still think the logo sucks and the uniforms seem blah

I'd rather just go back to the last iteration

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
It looks like the numbers have some sort of horned element to them?

I like them overall. Purple pants don't look as awful as they did with the last uni era but I think I would prefer all-white.

Interesting to see the helmets going with a matte finish now.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

DangerKat posted:

It looks like the numbers have some sort of horned element to them?
Yeah, it's the same thing they did with ASU's numbers. I'm not a fan.

It's not bad and it is an improvement. I just feel like with some tweaks it could have really been more. Oh well.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

You know, it is possible that these aren't final uniforms. :ohdear:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I agree. I never hated the current unis like so many but I can't not really like these.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Gendo posted:

You know, it is possible that these aren't final uniforms. :ohdear:

Why wouldn't they be? Is there an official release date for the unis? Seems like the cat is out of the bag now.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Thursday was supposed to be the official release. Everything matches up with what had previously been shown, so I doubt there will be much of any change.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
The weird horn serifs on the numbers are bad, but otherwise I like the uniforms. I also like the purple pants, but I've never liked the white pants on their road uniforms. It always felt like their road uniforms were really generic and were a bland mess, so adding some color with the purple pants helps, though I'm sure they'll use both purple and white pants on the road. The only other weird thing is the road sleeves, if you look they have the same striping pattern as the home sleeves and the shoulder cap or whatever you want to call it is purple. I would have preferred replacing the white stripe with a purple stripe, but it seems like they ran with keeping the striping consistent between the two jerseys. I'll reserve judgement on that until I see a full picture, you can see a reflection of the sleeves in the first image on the Dolphins jerseys that were released.

I will say that it's annoying that the Vikings did a such a good job of keeping everything under wrap and the idiots from Nike had both the Vikings and Dolphins jerseys sitting out on display two days before their release. That's just lovely thinking on Nike's part.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

oldskool posted:

It's... alright. I dunno. I appreciate the idea of changing up the uniform, and while I don't really like the new logo, it fits with the uniform. The numbers don't look good to me and not enough orange.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The patch still looks really stupid.

I like the patch, it looks like something you'd see on a military uniform (minus the undomesticated cat). Instead of just having the logo pressed near the shoulder it's something independent from the uniform and color scheme and gives it some identity.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Declan MacManus posted:

It's... alright. I dunno. I appreciate the idea of changing up the uniform, and while I don't really like the new logo, it fits with the uniform. The numbers don't look good to me and not enough orange.

I keep hoping an orange alternate will be released.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

As a fan of none of these teams, I think the Vikings look fantastic, and the Dolphins look pretty great as well. Jacksonville...eh. The helmet gradient is weird, and all-black uniforms have always come off as very high school/amateur to me. (Insert Jaguars joke here, I guess.)

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
I really love the new Vikings uniforms and particularly the retro-inspired look.

The home uniforms are, of course, the better of the two. I'm still happy they did away with the drab, all-white road uniforms. I can see how the purple pants are kind of hit-and-miss with people. In that photo, the stripes down the side are blocked. Maybe they won't look as stark with when you can see them, completely.

Love that they got matte helmets, as well.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Close up of the gradient, if you even want to call it that.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Boosh! posted:

That looks loving awful.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

How can you even go from matte to glossy with little or no blending and call it a gradient?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

There are five Jaguars in that picture, and they're all angered by what they've seen.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Boosh! posted:

If it was softer/longer gradient, it might be ok. That's may as well be a god damned solid line. Yuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Boosh! posted:

If they are going to do something this stupid they might as well have put Jaguar spots on the helmet instead. That would have at least ironically owned.

• Locked thread