Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
EX-wife keeps telling me what I can't do so Im FindingCancun

quote:

I have this ex-wife that thinks she still runs my life, its time to prove to her I can do anything I want anytime I want to (which I haven't been able to do or say yet). I've let her run my life up to this point, now its time to step up and move on. I'm tired of letting her run my life, I'm tired of living in her shadow, I'm tired of having to listen to and deal with her day in and day out. I just want to get away, find my away, find my escape, put everything behind me and not worry about anything she has to say for a week or more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
My favorite is the big pile of keywords at the bottom.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Bobo the Red posted:

My favorite is the big pile of keywords at the bottom.
Some people just have terrible semi-knowledge of SEO. Google will probably recognize the keyword dump and just ignore it. It just makes him look like an idiot (if he didn't already). I bet if he had access to the page's meta-data he would have added it all in here too.

I guess it might be a little useful for Kickstarter's search tool.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

You'd think at least ONE of his 137 Facebook friends would have donated :smith:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

What a total loser. Having $0 with 3 days to go is even better than people paying $1.03 just to leave a mean comment.

I don't need to read "A Giant Pussy's Adventure in Cancun".

The Human Crouton has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Apr 23, 2013

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

His first update was this:

quote:

Tough Roads

Update #1 · Mar 29, 2013 · comment
Guess I should have used my daughter and son's to promote this one........

Was this made before or after "MY SONS TELL MY DAUGHTER SHE CAN'T MAKE VIDEO GAMES"?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

JossiRossi posted:

Was this made before or after "MY SONS TELL MY DAUGHTER SHE CAN'T MAKE VIDEO GAMES"?

You'll note that the first keyword he put in his list was "9 year old", an obvious attempt to catch the eye of people looking for the "9 Year Old Builds Her First RPG... TRUTH & TROLLS!" project.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
That whole thing is just ridiculously depressing.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You'll note that the first keyword he put in his list was "9 year old", an obvious attempt to catch the eye of people looking for the "9 Year Old Builds Her First RPG... TRUTH & TROLLS!" project.

I HOPE that's what he intended.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I HOPE that's what he intended.

What happens in Cancun stays in Cancun.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

What happens in Cancun stays in Cancun.

Stretch goals: enough money to bribe the local police to look the other way while I have sex with 9 year olds.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

That whole thing is just ridiculously depressing.

Don't forget his other unsuccessful kickstarter
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/206259503/beaver-tst-shirts-incorporating-beavers-with-fun-s?ref=users

Some ideas of what I want to produce:

1. Beaver Lickin Good (Beaver licking a plate)
2. Stinky Beaver (Beaver with stink)
3. Hittin Beaver (Beaver hitting a baseball)
4. Pierced Beaver (Beaver with piercings)
5. Licking Beaver (Beaver licking a window or something)
6. Eatin Beaver (Beaver eating)
7. Big Balls Beaver (Beaver with big balls)
8. Petting Beaver (Beaver Petting a Beaver)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

loving hell, a men's rights documentary would probably get funded in 24 hours - the only problem is you'd then have to make it.

Then again, MRAs are not known for being successful people with spendable money either.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Human Crouton posted:

Stretch goals: enough money to bribe the local police to look the other way while I have sex with 9 year olds.

That's more of a gape goal than a stretch goal.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

pathetic little tramp posted:

loving hell, a men's rights documentary would probably get funded in 24 hours - the only problem is you'd then have to make it.

Then again, MRAs are not known for being successful people with spendable money either.

Making an MRA documentary would be easy as poo poo. Point the camera at your mom, ask her if you can stay up late playing videogames, and when she goes off on one of those rants about how you're thirty years old and still haven't had a job blah blah blah, fade to grey and stamp MEN RULE THE WORLD? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. FEMINISM: DEBUNKED on the screen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Madcosby posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/206259503/beaver-tst-shirts-incorporating-beavers-with-fun-s?ref=users

Those aren't even clever! They're not puns, they're not jokes, they're just pictures of beavers that look like they've been cobbled together in MS Paint! Come on, man! You're going to have to shell out for at least one Adobe product if you want to get into design! Photoshop at the very least, but for what you're doing, I'd probably more recommend Illustrator, and of course you're going to need InDesign to put it all together! COME ON, MAN!

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Hey, I finally found a use for bitcoins: you can search random sites and you're guaranteed a laugh at whatever pops up. Introducing Babylon 2.0:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/766331751/project-babylon-20?ref=live

quote:

Play the best games in the world, create and share your own stuff, sell anything you want and earn Bitcoins

Well I'm sold. There's a bunch of stuff in there about how it's going to combine Second Life with all my favourite games at the same time, and be totally free to play, but how are you guys planning to make money in the long run?

quote:

How are we going to make money?

Babylon 2.0 will be the most advanced, fastest and best-looking online world open to millions of people. For that we will need tons of cash, read here how we are going to make it.

We’ll offer room for advertisements inside our “Living Newspapers” on digital walls, virtual screens, and in our Babylon radio and TV streams. We will rent spaces to corporations and even to nations. For example if France decides they want a virtual copy of the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower to promote their country, no problem we will provide. If a high-tech manufacturer wants to open a virtual store inside Babylon 2.0 and sell their newest smartphones, computers and tablets, we will allow them to do that.

Furthermore we will have a fair subscription model for users who want to make business inside Babylon 2.0 or want to have other privileges.

Well, I can't see any problems with any of this, you can have all of my bitcoins. Turns out you only need ten grand to kickstart the most impressive virtual world ever seen, too.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The director/producer/whatever seems really cool, but the film samples are just awful. It's a great idea, but the movie's not even at Birdemic levels yet.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Dex posted:

Hey, I finally found a use for bitcoins: you can search random sites and you're guaranteed a laugh at whatever pops up. Introducing Babylon 2.0:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/766331751/project-babylon-20?ref=live
I looked at the page, it reeks of "LOOK AT ALL MY BIG IDEAS, I WILL TOTALLY MEET EVERY EXPECTATION DESPITE HAVING NO ART OR DESIGN SKILL WHATSOEVER"

The pictures beyond the god awful title picture made with clip art are either logos used without permisson or wallpapers stolen from DeviantArt. He also doesn't seem to comprehend how many thousands of dollars it costs to publish to a console, as well as use the Unreal Engine in a commercial product. Then he's DEFINITELY going to need to hire an artist, musician and a programmer if not entire teams worth. Bitcoins aren't cheap either.

He's either a scam artist who thought he could use crap images and unattainable expectations to make money or an idiot who got as far as the concept phase and thought it was good enough to make a Kickstarter with zero proof of skill or ability in any of the fields neccesarry to even think of making something like this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Madcosby posted:

I swear I thought the stuff in parenthesis was something you added, trying to make sense of this insanity. Nope, he actually wrote "Beaver licking a window or something".

:suicide:

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

psychoticBacofoil posted:

He's either a scam artist who thought he could use crap images and unattainable expectations to make money or an idiot who got as far as the concept phase and thought it was good enough to make a Kickstarter with zero proof of skill or ability in any of the fields neccesarry to even think of making something like this.

He's pretty clearly an idiot. A scammer would have at least asked for more than 10k.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I swear I thought the stuff in parenthesis was something you added, trying to make sense of this insanity. Nope, he actually wrote "Beaver licking a window or something".

:suicide:

And his ex-wife doesn't want him to leave for a week to Cancun? Wouldn't this be the perfect time to change your name and relocate with your daughter?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Madcosby posted:

His website (which he handily lists on his profile) is where the real comedy gold is at.

Nothing screams "designer I'd like to hire" quite like a guy who can't even pick a font that doesn't make his surname look like "gently caress"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

His website (which he handily lists on his profile) is where the real comedy gold is at.

Nothing screams "designer I'd like to hire" quite like a guy who can't even pick a font that doesn't make his surname look like "gently caress"

Holy poo poo, is this site hosted on Geocities?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Waffleman_ posted:

Holy poo poo, is this site hosted on Geocities?

This looks legitimate.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I found his site after the second kickstarter campaign, but I didn't link to it. Staring at his site, which took me a second or so to enter because I hadn't seen a "Click this random image to enter" button in ages, I started to really feel bad for the guy. He has pics on his family page that make him look utterly pathetic. His Education Resume ends with "see I'm educated this is what you want" (not exact words).

And he offers web hosting and development. And all his sites look exactly like geocities on heroin. He randomly underlines text (big no-no in web design), uses every single standard header and text color possible for no reason, uses tiled backgrounds, and has flaming animated gifs at the top of pages. Other pages show his projects, which include CS101 programming homework assignments.

Now I feel bad for the guy. I'm going to order one of his t-shirts to try to make his life better.

Probably Pathetic Beaver (beaver that is pathetic)

HighHobo
Aug 23, 2012

http://www.eascents.com/

Why don't you buy some candles from the guy if you don't like his shirts?

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Those would have been so :krad: in 1999.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

lachose1 posted:

http://www.eascents.com/

Why don't you buy some candles from the guy if you don't like his shirts?

He lists twelve scents, and the thirteenth is "and about 20 more" but I can't find a link to what these other 20 scents might be for the life of me. That website is seriously just retarded.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Holy poo poo that website is like a time capsule of late 90s amateur web design.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I guarantee she's his ex-wife because she wouldn't quit nagging him to get a real job instead of making loving beaver shirts, homemade candles and terrible web design.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

Madcosby posted:

The pledge video for this one has a great narrator.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DeepDickPizza posted:

I guarantee she's his ex-wife because she wouldn't quit nagging him to get a real job instead of making loving beaver shirts, homemade candles and terrible web design.

His resume shows that he's been working as an auto mechanic up until very recently. Having worked in a similar field I've met a few people like Flick and they're always depressing; spending their day jobs gushing about pie-in-the-sky business ideas that will turn them into entrepreneurial supermen when it's really obvious that don't have the skill, intelligence, or clout to actually do it. They're like the blue collar equivalent of that guy in community college art class who wants to be a full-time manga-ka but don't know basic anatomy or perspective because it's "their style".

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

smg77 posted:

Holy poo poo that website is like a time capsule of late 90s amateur web design.

It is a time capsule of late 90s amateur web design - the code indicates that it was built with Microsoft FrontPage 6.0. And that includes pages on recent topics like iPhone development.

It's depressing - he seems like a decent guy, just a bit out of his depth when it comes to the web.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Bleh, feel bad for that Flick guy. He's just got a lovely life and has no idea what to do with it.

Project Babylon, on the other hand. Ahahaha that's exactly what this thread is for.

I remember when I was a kid I would design games like this. OH man, I had a great idea! It's a whole city the size of a planet and it has the best graphics EVER and you can go anywhere and do anything! And you can play games in it, and there's a fighting game, and a racing game and you can run on the rooftops and sometimes aliens come and you have to fight them off! And you can even create your own games and music and share them! All I need is a guy who can do art and a guy who can do some programming...

Sad thing is even if he sold his soul to the devil and the ultimate incarnation of this game just appeared out of the ether it would still be a complete and absolute failure. Nobody likes this "virtual real world!" bullshit.

Favorite part is that everything is so freaking broad and epic in scope, except this one line from the "Epic Hunter RPG Fantasy realm": "There will be no tank or healer classes." Yeah, gently caress those classes! Now, back to "Giving online language or cooking lessons!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2009301036/abgo

It's a cell phone sized skateboard that you put on one foot that can only go on perfectly flat surfaces. I don't usually like watching project videos, but I literally had to to understand how this thing worked. And I still don't really get it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a cell phone sized skateboard that you put on one foot that can only go on perfectly flat surfaces. I don't usually like watching project videos, but I literally had to to understand how this thing worked. And I still don't really get it.

It's like heelies only the mean jocks can't make fun of you for using it because it isn't actually heelies

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

It's... that looks uncomfortable to use, first of all, and second... why? I mean, how are you supposed to slow down or stop to avoid running into people? He had to have people stop him at one point in the video.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

I was thinking about inventing something like this because I walk to a ton of places around my area, and I don't want to risk having a bike or skateboard stolen. But I realized that I'd look like an idiot using this invention, so I dropped the idea. Thanks for proving me right, ABGO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Randalor posted:

It's... that looks uncomfortable to use, first of all, and second... why? I mean, how are you supposed to slow down or stop to avoid running into people? He had to have people stop him at one point in the video.

Looks like you only use it with one foot, so presumably the other foot.