Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

GraPar posted:

Not enough discussion of this incredible episode! Was almost in tears at the repeated mnemonics and Bobby just coming up with "The Buttercream Effect" was genius. Also love the recurring gag that all PFT's character despise one another.

Bitterness from the failure of The Great Undiscovered Project, I'm sure.

Episode was brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The beat of silence after "the darkest of Africa" hit me in the gut like a punch. Beautiful.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Alan BStard posted:

It's been a long time since I've laughed this hard at anything. What a great episode.

IT'S BEEN

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Me in Reverse posted:

The beat of silence after "the darkest of Africa" hit me in the gut like a punch. Beautiful.

Best moment of the show for me. As soon as he said it I thought someone was going to capitalize, but the silence was perfect.

~~Iiiiiiit's been~~

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I said 'I need a home to stay in' and he said 'Oh you can come stay with me' and I said 'Hey, lemme see that dick.'"

Still haven't finished this one yet, but it's been a riot so far.

EDIT: Ahah, right after the Time Bobby callback:
"If this is you first time listening to the show..."
"...Goodbye!"

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 23, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Me in Reverse posted:

Yes, this was amazing.

Also, Jay Davidson's dick.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Speaking of It's been and My Wife, one of my favorite catchphrases that Scott does is something like "Maybe it's just me, but for me, ..."

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

As far as I'm concerned?

X is [non-hyperbolic description of X]

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Listening to CBB is my favourite way to chillax.*

*I don't know if you're aware of this, but chillax is a compound word I Invented. It's a combination of 'chill' and relax'.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

crimedog posted:

Speaking of It's been and My Wife, one of my favorite catchphrases that Scott does is something like "Maybe it's just me, but for me, ..."

President Barack Hussein Obamacare

Scott has a way of saying simple things and making then hilarious. For some reason I always notice the way he says "great" to pretty much anything.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

quote:

@ScottAukerman
Maybe it's just me, but for me? Stevie Wonder - A musical genius.

Should of known it was a question mark.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Farts and Pro 2 was amazing. Back off haters.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I enjoyed the hell out of today's episode, it's the best one so far this year. Also I'm hoping the new Wompler/Lister episode drops soon, it's been a while since either of them have been on.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scott needs to stop playing the goddamn freestyle rap music if he's not gonna do a goddamn freestyle rap about Ting.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Scott needs to stop playing the goddamn freestyle rap music if he's not gonna do a goddamn freestyle rap about Ting.

When I hear it now, I immediately hope/expect for it to be The Peppermen performing the theme to "Quackers Featherbeak's Coo-Coo Caper"

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
Maybe it's just me, but for me this was a very funny episode of Comedy Bing Bong.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

lil lloyd webby

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Cacahuate posted:

Maybe it's just me, but for me this was a very funny episode of Comedy Bing Bong Bean Bag.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If only every episode could be a Farts and Pro or Time Bobby sequel.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
This one may have supplanted Garry Unmarried, the Gillian Jacobs/Garry Marshall reunion, for my favorite CBB episode. I'll have to relisten to both carefully. It was definitely one of the classic episodes either way!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

sick

EmotionlessThug fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 12, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
It took a few times for me to get the "It's been" reference, but holy poo poo it slayed me every single time after that.

Is that something that Scott has used before on the show?

(I'm very new to the show)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

escape artist posted:

It took a few times for me to get the "It's been" reference, but holy poo poo it slayed me every single time after that.

I think it started in this (very good) episode.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

escape artist posted:

That's very strange, the first time I heard it (in the episode linked above) I knew exactly what it was -- it really is magical how little you need to remember the entire song.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
In regards to Borat, I know Sasha is an absolute genius. I just think his characters are more conducive to the 30 minute show format, with interspersed sketches. I was never a fan of any of his movies, starting with Ali G Indahouse.

I love Tim and Eric, and think they are brilliant. I don't like Billion Dollar Movie though.

piratepilates posted:

That's very strange, the first time I heard it (in the episode linked above) I knew exactly what it was -- it really is magical how little you need to remember the entire song.

Cut me some slack, I was only 11 when that song came out.

It's been 15 years!

escape artist fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 23, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I've still actually never heard the song, just the Weird Al parody which feels strangely apt :shobon:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Zsinjeh posted:

I've still actually never heard the song, just the Weird Al parody which feels strangely apt :shobon:

The Vicar of Yank did a parody? Gotta look that poo poo up now.

edit: I just listened to it. Holy poo poo, it is brilliant.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

escape artist posted:

In regards to Borat, I know Sasha is an absolute genius. I just think his characters are more conducive to the 30 minute show format, with interspersed sketches. I was never a fan of any of his movies, starting with Ali G Indahouse.

I love Tim and Eric, and think they are brilliant. I don't like Billion Dollar Movie though.

Cut me some slack, I was only 11 when that song came out.

It's been 15 years!

I was 8 and wasn't living in North America when it came out, but I guess living in Canada you just absorb is out of osmosis.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

piratepilates posted:

I was 8 and wasn't living in North America when it came out, but I guess living in Canada you just absorb is out of osmosis.

I was 12, living in Australia and I owned the CD single. I'm sure it still exists somewhere at my parents' house. To this day I have still never heard another Barenaked Ladies song.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

tnimark posted:

I was 12, living in Australia and I owned the CD single. I'm sure it still exists somewhere at my parents' house. To this day I have still never heard another Barenaked Ladies song.

You've never heard "If I had a million dollars"? :confused: How can you live? How about "pinch me"?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

piratepilates posted:

I still don't know what song it is, but I knew right away that it was a song. I remember the "It's been" but nothing else. I remember it like "IT'S BEEN blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" *turn off audio device*

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I still don't know what song it is, but I knew right away that it was a song. I remember the "It's been" but nothing else. I remember it like "IT'S BEEN blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg

Edit: Good lord, that chin hair.

B-B-B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S-S-S clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xVTmR-hBF0

tnimark fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 24, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

piratepilates posted:

You've never heard "If I had a million dollars"? :confused: How can you live? How about "pinch me"?

Shoebox Lies is one of my favorites.

Also, remember John Ennis from Mr. Show? One of the kindest loving people on the planet.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 24, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

escape artist posted:

Also, remember John Ennis from Mr. Show?

Of course I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yigeqIohNL4

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

BNL is the loving worst.

escape artist posted:

Also, remember John Ennis from Mr. Show? One of the kindest loving people on the planet.

You should be listening to The Dana Gould Hour.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

FitFortDanga posted:

You should be listening to The Dana Gould Hour.
Less than an hour ago, John told me to listen to that. So I am. He also told me if I ever needed help with my comedy, he'd be happy to help. He's just a generous and kind dude.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Did not recognize PFT until 6 minutes in.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JayMax posted:

Did not recognize PFT until 6 minutes in.

On one of the DVD commentaries he says something like "Please, I beg of you, know that I am not that fat anymore."

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

FitFortDanga posted:

BNL is the loving worst.

It's BNL now? We need a shorthand for the Bare Naked Ladies now, That's how fundamental they are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Cast No Engine posted:

It's BNL now? We need a shorthand for the Bare Naked Ladies now, That's how fundamental they are?

Barnaked Ladies are TRIPLE PLATINUM. Are you?