Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Terper posted:

It's just gonna go Tales of the Abyss on us.

"Shut up! This isn't about logic! :byodood:"

Dude, what the hell. That isn't just spoilers, that's a scene about half an hour away from the very end of the game. An important scene and a game which has nothing to do with this. Remove that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The best ending possible would be for Sasuke to show up, for Naruto to run over and start to a friendship speech, and Sasuke to hold up his hand and say "No, I'm cool now. I just had some things to work out on my own. Orochimaru helped a lot. We're all going to help save the Leaf now."

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Cross posting to say how cool the Anbu/Sannin DLC for Ninja Storm 3 is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dexo posted:

Sasuke hasn't had any of his own agency between his fight with Itachi and him meeting up with Zombie Itachi.

The only reason he didn't go back to Konoha after killing Itachi is pretty much because Tobi/Madara lied to him and gave him a reason to hate Konoha by telling him the "truth". Which filled in enough of the holes in information that Sasuke had that he believed it.

And then Tobi/Madara proceeded to put Sasuke in enough fights(with Zetsu just funneling chakra to him so he had functionally infinite) where he had to spam his Sharingan to accelerate the rate at which Sasuke went blind and insane.

Sasuke's actions also make more sense now that we know that developing magic eyeballs messes with your head. Before, it seemed like he was simply on a power trip.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Sasuke's actions also make more sense now that we know that developing magic eyeballs messes with your head. Before, it seemed like he was simply on a power trip.

It's not that they mess with your head, its that Uchiha who are traumatized brooding assholes are rewarded with more powerful magic eyeballs, thus providing reinforcement for self-destructive behavior. You can get your magic eyeball fix if you just kill your best friend, maaaaan.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/Naruto628/322127/

We cut away from the Kages and everything gets worse.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A better version http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Naruto/Naruto-628--Here-and-from-now-on?id=162076

So now Madara is getting that bloodlust in his eyes waiting for Hashirama.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Goddamn Madara. He should be the main character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That final page :stare:

Still, can't wait to see the kages loving some things up :black101:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Two good things:

Madara

Obito/Kakashi.

gently caress the rest.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Man, I wanted so much more!
I guess it's kinda nice to see Sakura :unsmith:

oh god, we're going to have another flashback aren't we?

a.lo fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 23, 2013

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
She actually used a catch phrase she hasn't used in a decade.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Man, I wanted so much more!
I guess it's kinda nice to see Sakura :unsmith:

oh god, we're going to have another flashback aren't we?

Well we've been due for a Kakashi Gaiden 2 anyways since we need to find out what was up with Kakashi killing Rin anyways.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
I kind of like Kakashi and Obito going off to fight in Kamui-land. It lets them have their little soul-to-soul without having it occur randomly in the middle of the Top Ten Most Powerful Beings Ever Free-For-All Showdown!!! that will be commencing shortly.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Oh hi Sakura.

Things getting worse was a given, otherwise the undead Kages plus Orochimaru plus Sasuke's plot shield would have ended the war. I was expecting something more specific than GAAAH UNLIMITED POWER but there you have it. I suppose next chapter will deal with the implications and will have more of Naruto's and Obito's TNJ rap battle, because clearly that never gets old.

Madara loses the smug, above-it-all attitude and goes completely nuts. We all know what that means; the countdown has begun. The only question is, if he and Hashirama fight alone and Kakashi will be dealing with Obito, what will Naruto, Sasuke and the rest do? Set up camp, roast marshmallows and sing kumbaya? The good guy / bad guy ratio is just completely lopsided. Kishi will have to either quickly get rid of some of the good guys (probably Orochimaru and the dead Kages) or turn them into mere fodder in front of Madara's new form.

Naruto says maybe he's just being selfish. Where have I heard that before

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Well I guess Naruto's going to get his wish to have all his friends beside him soon, with Sasuke coming to also join in. And he's even bringing Naruto's dad.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Mangastream version is up

Thoren
May 28, 2008

"I'm on Cloud Nine..."

really?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Pretty good chapter!

Madara's face when he sensed Hasirama's chakra was :black101:

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
So Kishimoto's starting his new manga in June. Guess it probably won't be running concurrently with Naruto, at least not for long?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Naruto's speech is what I've wanted him to say since Obito first started spouting his loner nonsense.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

This translation is worse than Mangapanda's I feel.

e:

Kild fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 24, 2013

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

McNerd posted:

So Kishimoto's starting his new manga in June. Guess it probably won't be running concurrently with Naruto, at least not for long?

I think its just a one shot, for now at least. But Kishimoto has literally been planning on writing it since about as long as he has been doing Naruto. He mentioned the concept in one of the notes for an earlier volume. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to do it as his next series.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It sounds pretty interesting. It's about some mafia gangs.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kild posted:

If it's about five rival gangs named the Flower, the Air, the Dust, the Water, and the Ground, then I don't even...

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

JoeCL posted:

I think its just a one shot, for now at least. But Kishimoto has literally been planning on writing it since about as long as he has been doing Naruto. He mentioned the concept in one of the notes for an earlier volume. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to do it as his next series.

Yeah I remember reading that he wanted to wrap up Naruto so he could get on with making some mafia series. This was a bit before the ninja war started, when the pace started picking back up.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Kild posted:

So Hitman Reborn except probably not terrible.

vv: Fair enough. :v:

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 24, 2013

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

So Hitman Reborn except probably not as terrible.

Fixed that for you.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Didn't he also plan to do a baseball manga?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pyrotoad posted:

Didn't he also plan to do a baseball manga?

That was just a oneshot when a bunch of them did oneshots or something.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
He's also got that Blazer Drive series going doesn't he?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ouhei posted:

He's also got that Blazer Drive series going doesn't he?

Wrong Kishimoto twin.

Edit: Looking at the wikipedia artice on Blazer Drive

wikipedia posted:

Daichi, our main hero is a young teen that resents his older brother

Write what you know, huh?

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 24, 2013

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

Wrong Kishimoto twin.

Blazer Drive? That series with the stickers? Is that still going? I don't remember it being very good.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Prison Warden posted:

Wrong Kishimoto twin.

666 Satan was incredibly similar to Naruto.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Coughing Hobo posted:

Naruto's speech is what I've wanted him to say since Obito first started spouting his loner nonsense.

Agreed, it was probably my favorite part of the chapter, even with Madara's reaction to sensing Hashirama and Obito and Kakashi screwing each other in to another dimension. Also, Obito's line that he should probably become the 10-tails jinchiruuki now makes me think Sasuke is going to redeem himself by becoming the 10-tails jinchiruuki and either bogging off on his own to tame it through the power of friendship on a journey together, talking it around to sacrificing itself to stop something or just plain letting Naruto kill him to off it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dexo posted:

666 Satan was incredibly similar to Naruto.

Beyond the "Main character has a monster inside him", not really.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

tsob posted:

Agreed, it was probably my favorite part of the chapter, even with Madara's reaction to sensing Hashirama and Obito and Kakashi screwing each other in to another dimension. Also, Obito's line that he should probably become the 10-tails jinchiruuki now makes me think Sasuke is going to redeem himself by becoming the 10-tails jinchiruuki and either bogging off on his own to tame it through the power of friendship on a journey together, talking it around to sacrificing itself to stop something or just plain letting Naruto kill him to off it.

I guess that's how Sasuke can match up with Naruto. Sasuke gets the 10 tails and instantly knows how to control it thus giving him the power up to match evenly with Naruto.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kishimoto's mafia manga is out and its a one shot so he either has to retcon it or make an entirely different mafia manga for june. Or just make another thing thats not a mafia manga.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
That Mario manga was kind of a let down. Kishimoto really needs to work on his transitioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Kishimoto's mafia manga is out and its a one shot so he either has to retcon it or make an entirely different mafia manga for june. Or just make another thing thats not a mafia manga.

Didn't he do a Naruto one shot that was different than the series?

• Locked thread