Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I wonder who came up with the idea for the Kassius/Regal match to be one guy working the ear and the other guy working the fingers. Working the knee is sooo played out.

Regal does such a great job on commentary of explaining every resthold and how it's really a deadly submission maneuver. "This abdominal stretch just leaves your entire body in agony, wouldn't be surprised if this match ends right now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Regal's the only reason to watch the Top 100 Finishers thing WWE put out, for the same reason.

He has two reactions to all of them. Either "I took it and wished it had killed me for how much it hurt" or "I never took it, and I praise every deity I can think of daily that I didn't".

Someone has cut all his parts together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd56ZQThW7I

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

VogeGandire posted:

Regal's the only reason to watch the Top 100 Finishers thing WWE put out, for the same reason.

He has two reactions to all of them. Either "I took it and wished it had killed me for how much it hurt" or "I never took it, and I praise every deity I can think of daily that I didn't".

Someone has cut all his parts together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd56ZQThW7I

I wouldn't say he's the only reason to watch it - he's just the best reason. I enjoyed Bryan and Kofi talking about how cool all the moves where when they were watching as kids, Wade admiring the devastation the moves wrought and Striker kind of supplementing Regal's psychology talk. And the video packages are well done.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

April 20, 2013

Kofi Kingston vs. Justin Gabriel
Primo, Epico, & Rosa interview

Good match! Nice build in intensity over time, though the finish kind of came out of nowhere. I loved Justin's "don't try this at home" video too - Justin away!

April 18, 2013

Tons of Funk vs. Primo & Epico
Tamina vs. Natalya (32m30s)

Tensai could be doing so much more. So could Natalya, Primo, and Epico for that matter. Alas!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

on the bright side it seems albert is getting better at the whole "face in distress" thing

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't figure out what Superstars is supposed to be. Raw and Smackdown are the main weekly shows/brands, Main Event is supposed to showcase one big match (even if it doesn't always), Slam is for younger audiences, and NXT is obviously developmental talent. All of those have a central theme, and Slam even has a GM.

Superstars doesn't really seem to have a purpose. Getting rid of it might prevent the audience from falling asleep toward the end of shows now that each live event has something like 5 hours of wrestling.

I also had no idea Natalya's theme music started with the Hitman guitar squeal. That's awesome.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 22, 2013

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

sticklefifer posted:

I can't figure out what Superstars is supposed to be. Raw and Smackdown are the main weekly shows/brands, Main Event is supposed to showcase one big match (even if it doesn't always), Slam is for younger audiences, and NXT is obviously developmental talent. All of those have a central theme, and Slam even has a GM.

Superstars doesn't really seem to have a purpose. Getting rid of it might prevent the audience from falling asleep toward the end of shows now that each live event has something like 5 hours of wrestling.

I think Superstars was part of a deal to create a relationship with WGN America. There was speculation that Smackdown would move there. It probably still exists to fulfill international contracts, similar to how Heat and Velocity existed at the end of their lives. I wouldn't be surprised if Superstars disappears in the next year or two.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think everyone should listen to this on repeat for the next few hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p4Hur9qy10

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Deadpool posted:

I think everyone should listen to this on repeat for the next few hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p4Hur9qy10

You know it's a good song when your immediate reaction is to do the silly dance for the entirety of the song. Felt good.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

You know it's a good song when your immediate reaction is to do the silly dance for the entirety of the song. Felt good.

"Silly" doesn't come close to describing that dance.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
More or less silly than Seth Rollins's metalcore pit dances?

NXT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVtbPyhfZmY
FCW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDel3yUXK-w (good match too, Shield against each other)

I'm watching some old-ish FCW, I can't help but love how cheesy Seth Rollins is. He's a scene kid who made it to the big time in wrestling, dances to Christcore, and now all his tweets are like goth/emo poetry but in the context of his Shield character. He's totally loving this gimmick.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The best is when he had the FCW title and just swung it around his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBq--a0YBlA

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kifisonfire posted:

The best is when he had the FCW title and just swung it around his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBq--a0YBlA

He did this with the NXT title as well.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

sticklefifer posted:

"I am the eater of worlds." :munch:

One day he's going to cut an Austin 3:16 or Vegas Pipebomb level promo in WWE that's going to drive us all nuts, and I can't wait for it.

I don't get why, but he just doesn't hit with me the way he does with most goons. I think it's ok and I like some of the subtleties, but it just doesn't click like it does for other goons who talk him up.

Maybe I'm just caught up in that he's supposed to be cajun but isn't in any way. Doesn't sound cajun, doesn't really look anything but backwoods, etc. And someone whose not cajun pretending to be one by looking unkempt, smelly, and deraged actually comes off a bit offensive. And yes yes I'm a huge proponent of villains can be offensive, but this is like an ethnic stereotype being played by someone of a different ethnicity. I'm not quite offended, but it definitely feels off the way it's played to me.

For clarity: I'm cajun/creole and have lived around them my entire life, so to see someone come out as a backwoods redneck and mumble and proclaim to be cajun while not acting or sounding like one just feels weird. If he had billed himself from the everglades (you know, seeing as that's actually near to where he's from and grew up) he could have cut an almost identical character it would probably have felt less off.

poo poo, if he came out speaking Cajun French during promos he'd get cheers in Louisiana if he was committing a human sacrifice in the ring, so that would probably be my suggestion as to where to bring the character to refine it (the French and the sacrifice).

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I like Bray because he's a fully fleshed out character. We might not know his full intentions yet, but everything about him complements the gimmick. He's just a creepy cult leader ranting about nothing, but it sounds important and that's the point. He believes in his message. Rowan and Harper believe. Even commentary believes sometimes and that makes you believe. He's captivating and repulsive at the same time.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Watching NXT's "Clash of Champions" show right now. Even the NXT audience is turning on Bo Dallas. There was a pronounced "No More Bo!" chant during his match with Wade Barrett.

Also, next week: Chris Jericho vs Bray Wyatt. :aaa:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

More or less silly than Seth Rollins's metalcore pit dances?

NXT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVtbPyhfZmY
FCW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDel3yUXK-w (good match too, Shield against each other)

I'm watching some old-ish FCW, I can't help but love how cheesy Seth Rollins is. He's a scene kid who made it to the big time in wrestling, dances to Christcore, and now all his tweets are like goth/emo poetry but in the context of his Shield character. He's totally loving this gimmick.

Oh god, he's still doing that loving poo poo? He was doing that back in ROH and I was hoping he'd stop so badly.

Also, makes me think. The guy I thought would be the Age of the Fall breakout star ended up being a nothing, and the guy I thought was gonna take a long time to get to the big stage is part of one of the hottest acts in the WWE.

And poor Necro.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Also, next week: Chris Jericho vs Bray Wyatt. :aaa:

I am not ready, nobody is, nobody could be.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

MJBuddy posted:

I don't get why, but he just doesn't hit with me the way he does with most goons. I think it's ok and I like some of the subtleties, but it just doesn't click like it does for other goons who talk him up.

Maybe I'm just caught up in that he's supposed to be cajun but isn't in any way. Doesn't sound cajun, doesn't really look anything but backwoods, etc. And someone whose not cajun pretending to be one by looking unkempt, smelly, and deraged actually comes off a bit offensive. And yes yes I'm a huge proponent of villains can be offensive, but this is like an ethnic stereotype being played by someone of a different ethnicity. I'm not quite offended, but it definitely feels off the way it's played to me.

For clarity: I'm cajun/creole and have lived around them my entire life, so to see someone come out as a backwoods redneck and mumble and proclaim to be cajun while not acting or sounding like one just feels weird. If he had billed himself from the everglades (you know, seeing as that's actually near to where he's from and grew up) he could have cut an almost identical character it would probably have felt less off.

poo poo, if he came out speaking Cajun French during promos he'd get cheers in Louisiana if he was committing a human sacrifice in the ring, so that would probably be my suggestion as to where to bring the character to refine it (the French and the sacrifice).

When he started doing the Bray Wyatt gimmick in FCW, he was making more of an effort to do a sort-of Cajun accent. Close enough that non-Cajun folk would probably accept it. But he eventually dropped that and went for more of a vague Southern weirdo effect.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

I also had no idea Natalya's theme music started with the Hitman guitar squeal. That's awesome.

Here in the UK Superstars is the only WWE you can get without paying for premium sports channels, apart from highlights shows that mainly show the latest lovely Cena promos.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uy70zIvHnw

emma

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

April 24, 2013

:siren: 30 minutes of Mark Henry :siren:
Zeb Colter interview
Recaaaaaps!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Oh my god the french stallion owns :allears:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is the first time I've really seen the Stallion and I need this guy on NXT as soon as possible.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh, my god. That promo with Bray and Jericho.

“I can make you into something people fear again, Chris. And all you have to do is take my hand and carry the chains for the Wyatt family.” :swoon:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 25, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

This is the first time I've really seen the Stallion and I need this guy on NXT as soon as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ5ew4aMPE

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chinston Wurchill posted:

April 24, 2013

:siren: 30 minutes of Mark Henry :siren:
Zeb Colter interview
Recaaaaaps!

Is it just me, or is Khali kinda sorta improving in the ring? :stare:

Not by much, but that was a decent match and it wasn't all Mark Henry.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

“I can make you into something people fear again, Chris. And all you have to do is take my hand and carry the chains for the Wyatt family.” :swoon:

So like is it up somewhere and no one is sharing?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Is it just me, or is Khali kinda sorta improving in the ring? :stare:

Not by much, but that was a decent match and it wasn't all Mark Henry.

I think it's just you because that match was boring and sucked

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Some Other Guy posted:

I think it's just you because that match was boring and sucked

I didn't think I'd see anything worse than that match until I saw the end of the match.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

What a lovely Main Event.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I can't hate anything that gets the Usos on TV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Maybe I was blinded by Mark's trash talking. I dunno, I just didn't find it as intolerable as usual. I'm surprised Khali can even get his legs up for kicks that high though.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Maybe I was blinded by Mark's trash talking. I dunno, I just didn't find it as intolerable as usual. I'm surprised Khali can even get his legs up for kicks that high though.

You say they're kicks, but I think that's being charitable. It takes Khali so long to do anything that nothing he does looks like it hurts or even touches the opponent. Even Brodus Clay is at least vaguely ambulatory.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ABOUT loving TIME.

April 25th 2013 - CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS!!

United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro vs Adrian Neville (with a little ticker to let everyone know the match was taped a few weeks ago)
Divas Championship: Kaitlyn vs AJ
NXT Championship: Big E Langston vs Brad Maddox
Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett vs Bo Dallas

njsykora fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 26, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

This wasn't on the version I watched. :(

Ah well, good show all around! I could watch Neville vs. Cesaro every week and I doubt I'd get bored. That 'rana was ridiculous! Glad to see the NXT crowd strongly anti-Bo, too. The guy is basically Rocky Maivia and he's not going to go over well unless he develops some kind of edge or hook to his character. They salvaged Leakee, so maybe they'll manage with Bo as well.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I liked how Kaitlyn came out to her new boring theme but when she won they accidentally played the old one.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hate Bo Dallas's stupid face.

Just LOOK AT IT.

STARE INTO THE ABYSS THAT IS BO DALLAS'S CHARISMA.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I hate Bo Dallas's stupid face.

Just LOOK AT IT.

STARE INTO THE ABYSS THAT IS BO DALLAS'S CHARISMA.

I thought it appropriate that they gave him a new, even more generic theme this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This wasn't on the version I watched. :(

Ah well, good show all around! I could watch Neville vs. Cesaro every week and I doubt I'd get bored. That 'rana was ridiculous! Glad to see the NXT crowd strongly anti-Bo, too. The guy is basically Rocky Maivia and he's not going to go over well unless he develops some kind of edge or hook to his character. They salvaged Leakee, so maybe they'll manage with Bo as well.
You fool now he'll be the fourth member of the Shield! :stonk:

• Locked thread