Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
That should be no problem, 2 days early shouldn't cause any weird break through bleeding or anything like that. Just keep it in mind for when you get your refill if you get it early in the refill week. I put in nuvaring 1 full day early semi-often because of my crappy sleep schedule with no ill-effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

I know any time I've messed around with trying to skip sugar pills (although I switched off Yaz a few years ago), I would have breakthrough bleeding anyway. I'm pretty sure I did actually ask a gynecologist about it at one point though and she said as long as I wasn't missing any of the hormonal pills it was fine. But again, this was a few years ago, and I think some people just tend to be more prone to breakthrough bleeding than others, so I'm not sure how useful my advice is on that.

As far as my Mirena adventure goes, my insurance finally got back to me, and turns out almost all of it is covered! Hooray for Obamacare! So now all I have to do is schedule an appointment to get it put in and go ahead and start worrying about every single thing that could possibly go wrong. People who have Mirena, aside from the cramps, did you generally feel alright right after you got it put in? I want to go ahead and get that done as soon as possible, but I've still got a few weeks of college left so I can't really afford to be horribly ill during that time period.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I was right as rain within 24 hours. I took the day off of work just to be sure, but I could have totally gone in.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

ExpletiveDeleted posted:

I know any time I've messed around with trying to skip sugar pills (although I switched off Yaz a few years ago), I would have breakthrough bleeding anyway. I'm pretty sure I did actually ask a gynecologist about it at one point though and she said as long as I wasn't missing any of the hormonal pills it was fine. But again, this was a few years ago, and I think some people just tend to be more prone to breakthrough bleeding than others, so I'm not sure how useful my advice is on that.

As far as my Mirena adventure goes, my insurance finally got back to me, and turns out almost all of it is covered! Hooray for Obamacare! So now all I have to do is schedule an appointment to get it put in and go ahead and start worrying about every single thing that could possibly go wrong. People who have Mirena, aside from the cramps, did you generally feel alright right after you got it put in? I want to go ahead and get that done as soon as possible, but I've still got a few weeks of college left so I can't really afford to be horribly ill during that time period.

I don't have a Mirena, but after my IUD was put in I was kind of crampy for the rest of that day. I also took the next day off work as a precaution, but I could have done it no problem. I never had any problems after that except for a few random cramps and some bleeding for a week (which was probably just because I had started my period the day of my appointment). I was never anything that could be described as horribly ill from the IUD, just a cold I caught at the same time. :v:

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

drat Bananas posted:

Ocella (generic Yaz/Yasmin): Is it generally ok to skip the last 2 sugar pills in order to change the start date of your next period? Trying plan for wedding night, heh. I'm usually very clockwork on this pill; do yall think it'll screw with my typical bleeding time frame? I didn't see anything listed in my pill booklet but maybe I missed it.

You're fine, just don't try to do this two days later than your placebo week ;)

I'd recommend to do it a month earlier than you 'need' to because:

ExpletiveDeleted posted:

I know any time I've messed around with trying to skip sugar pills, I would have breakthrough bleeding anyway.

this happens to me too.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Reformed Tomboy posted:

You're fine, just don't try to do this two days later than your placebo week ;)

this happens to me too.

I missed this one earlier, but yeah usually if I messed with my placebo week I'd pretty much spot and bleed a little the whole month afterwards. But that was with a triphasic pill and skipping the entire placebo week. I don't know if just skipping a couple of pills will have the same effect.

Not a huge deal for me though, but me and my partner have never been too put off by period sex though.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

Reformed Tomboy posted:

Bummer, I'm too late for that. :( I thought I counted out the weeks several months ago and thought I'd be fine, but I must have miscounted. Oh well!

Filigree
Jul 18, 2012

I just want to come in and gush about how much I love my Mirena. I'm coming up on one year since insertion (and one year period free). I had been on OBC for eight years, so my gyno decided that although I was single, had never been pregnant, and live in one of the most religiously conservatives areas in the US, that she'd let me get Mirena anyway.

I've never had a problem with it until recently. I've been pretty regularly getting crampy-PMSy feelings for three or four months. This was never an issue I had on OBC, and since it didn't start until I'd had my IUD for several months, I'm a bit confused. The first time it happened, I went and got it checked out and she said everything was fine. I've not had any spotting or anything - it's been cramps, small breakouts, and pissyness. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
I think that happened with me too, although I am unsure of the exact timeline. It wasn't immediate anyway. I wonder if it takes a while for your body to clear out all the hormones from your previous method? I was on the pill before, so that'd be a possible explanation for me anyway.

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.

Eggplant Wizard posted:

I think that happened with me too, although I am unsure of the exact timeline. It wasn't immediate anyway. I wonder if it takes a while for your body to clear out all the hormones from your previous method? I was on the pill before, so that'd be a possible explanation for me anyway.

The hormones in the pill should leave your system in 72 hours though the effects may linger as your body readjusts to previous levels. Patch takes longer to leave your system -- up to two weeks, and obviously injections take even longer.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

InEscape posted:

The hormones in the pill should leave your system in 72 hours though the effects may linger as your body readjusts to previous levels. Patch takes longer to leave your system -- up to two weeks, and obviously injections take even longer.

Welp nevermind.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Filigree posted:

I just want to come in and gush about how much I love my Mirena. I'm coming up on one year since insertion (and one year period free). I had been on OBC for eight years, so my gyno decided that although I was single, had never been pregnant, and live in one of the most religiously conservatives areas in the US, that she'd let me get Mirena anyway.

I've never had a problem with it until recently. I've been pretty regularly getting crampy-PMSy feelings for three or four months. This was never an issue I had on OBC, and since it didn't start until I'd had my IUD for several months, I'm a bit confused. The first time it happened, I went and got it checked out and she said everything was fine. I've not had any spotting or anything - it's been cramps, small breakouts, and pissyness. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

I don't have one myself, but I've heard of some women getting PMS/period symptoms around the time they would normally get their period even though they don't actually have any bleeding. Acne breakouts also seem to be fairly common with Mirena.

On another note, of course after I made my last post the spotting stopped, but I'm still getting some weird cramping for no apparent reason. Usually once or twice a day if I change positions really quickly (like laying down to standing) I'll get one big "WHOA" kind of cramp. I've also noticed I get a little cramping for a few hours if my partner ejaculates inside me (sometimes he pulls out or uses condoms) which I've never heard anyone else complain about. :confused:

Edit: Of course I just checked my calendar and I suppose this could be PMS/period weirdness as it's due in about 4 days.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 25, 2013

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Kimmalah posted:

I've also noticed I get a little cramping for a few hours if my partner ejaculates inside me (sometimes he pulls out or uses condoms) which I've never heard anyone else complain about. :confused:

Could that be him thrusting deeper at climax and bumping your cervix? I know that this has caused "curl into the fetal position" cramps for me.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My insurance plan year finally started over, and after calling them to figure out why the hell I was still paying my copay, I got told that it's because I have to file reimbursement papers. Every month. To get $9 refunded. So yeah, gently caress this poo poo, I'm getting something done surgically. My only real freak out here is that I've been having annoying breakthrough bleeding with my current pill when I stack and I'm concerned I'm going to be one of the unlucky ones that gets annoying intermittent/never ending spotting from Mirena or Implanon/Nexplanon.

History: 22 years old, no children, currently on Sprintec (generic of Ortho Cyclen)
Past pills: LoEstrin 24, Desogen

I had breakthrough bleeding on LoEstrin24, so I switched to a higher dose of hormones, Desogen. I stacked happily for months, having no issues with breakthrough bleeding and generally loving Desogen. I switch from my cheap university pharmacy to a different one after moving, so I ended up switching to Sprintec since it was only $9 a month. Unfortunately, the breakthrough bleeding is happening again, even though it appears that Sprintec has an even higher dose of hormones.

Does a past history of annoying but light breakthrough bleeding mean that I'm more likely to have the same problems with Mirena or Nexplanon, or is it really a crap shoot to know either way? I'm leaning towards Mirena or Skyla, depending on what they're willing to put in me and if the side effects are greater or lesser with one of the types- I'm assuming they'll suggest Skyla since I think it's meant for nulliparous women.

I technically have a gyno here, but last time I tried to talk about IUDs and the implant, he brushed me off and wouldn't even talk about them, so I'm not going back to him. The other doctor in the practice happens to be the dad of a high school classmate and I'm just a little too weirded out by that, sooooo I'm going to have to travel no matter what I do. I'd schedule a consult with the doctor I want to see, but I'm going to have to drive an hour to see her and it'd be much easier for me to just have one encounter with people potentially yelling at me to not kill my baby to get the dang thing put in me. Long story short, she's the woman who bought Dr. Tiller's clinic and is continuing his practice after his assassination, so I'd like to support her by being a patient for regular lady issues.

Goonettes, please reassure me that I'm not going to end up with a never ending period.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

I'm on my seventh year with Implanon/Nexplanon and I've always had issues with bleeding. HOWEVER, the inconvenience of bleeding is way worth not having to worry about getting pregnant or having to take a pill every day. I was on a Depo regimen for 6 years that ceased all bleeding, but it was still worth switching to Implanon so I didn't have to deal with the Depo mood swings.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

fork bomb posted:

Could that be him thrusting deeper at climax and bumping your cervix? I know that this has caused "curl into the fetal position" cramps for me.

True, that could be something. It's not really a big deal, just my uterus seems a little "upset" for a little while afterwards. :v:

Grape Soda posted:

I technically have a gyno here, but last time I tried to talk about IUDs and the implant, he brushed me off and wouldn't even talk about them, so I'm not going back to him. The other doctor in the practice happens to be the dad of a high school classmate and I'm just a little too weirded out by that, sooooo I'm going to have to travel no matter what I do. I'd schedule a consult with the doctor I want to see, but I'm going to have to drive an hour to see her and it'd be much easier for me to just have one encounter with people potentially yelling at me to not kill my baby to get the dang thing put in me. Long story short, she's the woman who bought Dr. Tiller's clinic and is continuing his practice after his assassination, so I'd like to support her by being a patient for regular lady issues.

Goonettes, please reassure me that I'm not going to end up with a never ending period.

I can't really say about the breakthrough bleeding thing. I think most women with Mirena go through a period where they'll have spotting and random bleeding. If your periods stop (which there isn't a guarantee they will) it's usually a gradual process, not something that happens as soon as the IUD goes in. But I'm going purely on other people's experiences with this.

Also depending on the doctor, you might be stuck doing more than one appointment for this. They usually like to test for certain infections and have an up to date pap before they'll put in an IUD. And some clinics are weird about going on test results from other offices. I know both times I've done it (first time when I chickened out and the second time when I actually got an IUD, different clinics) I had to do a consultation appointment first to do all the tests and everything. The insertion was the second appointment. Then again I've heard of some that do it all in one go, so you might want to ask what the usual procedure is for IUDs when you call to make your appointment.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
What happened with my Mirena was:

- Insertion
- 4-5 days of spotting (gyno told me to expect 6-8 weeks)
- Normal period 2 weeks after insertion which was a little earlier than I would have if I had stayed on the pill
- No blood ever coming out of my uterus since (I had mine put in last June)

However, I have heard women with Mirena get a few periods before they taper off (if they do decide to stop) but I have not really heard about much breakthrough bleeding outside of that window to expect spotting after insertion. And of course the internet is just full of the Worst Stories.

BC is such a personal, individual experience, though. But, I love my Mirena to death. Even if it does try to kill me with cramps now and again.

gabi
Sep 10, 2008

Grape Soda posted:

Long story short, she's the woman who bought Dr. Tiller's clinic and is continuing his practice after his assassination, so I'd like to support her by being a patient for regular lady issues.

A) Hell yes, that woman is amazing.

B) I never had my regular periods stop on either the pill or mirena (and on mirena I'd sometimes get 2 periods a month, wee), but Implanon gave me a month-long period and then my bleeding abruptly stopped and hasn't come back (almost a year now). So, I guess if at first you don't succeed, try try again? :j:

NewsGunkie
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes, there's a clog in the pipelines.
Well, after giving myself a couple of months off of hormones, called the university hospital's obgyn practice to get scheduled for a Mirena consult and hopefully get one inserted. Here's to hoping that the second attempt works. I will be asking for a numbing spray.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Geolicious posted:

What happened with my Mirena was:

- Insertion
- 4-5 days of spotting (gyno told me to expect 6-8 weeks)
- Normal period 2 weeks after insertion which was a little earlier than I would have if I had stayed on the pill
- No blood ever coming out of my uterus since (I had mine put in last June)

However, I have heard women with Mirena get a few periods before they taper off (if they do decide to stop) but I have not really heard about much breakthrough bleeding outside of that window to expect spotting after insertion. And of course the internet is just full of the Worst Stories.

BC is such a personal, individual experience, though. But, I love my Mirena to death. Even if it does try to kill me with cramps now and again.

Yeah, I mostly posted that because I've seen some women give up on Mirena after a month or two because it didn't instantaneously stop their periods like I guess they thought it would. Unless the side-effects are absolutely unacceptable/unbearable you have to give IUDs a long settling in period sometimes.

But then like you said, the internet is full of bad stuff. I've had some weird moments, but overall everything has been pretty normal ever since mine was inserted too. Besides me freaking out over every little thing. :v:

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
I'm at like four and a half months of implanon and I've been spotting really lightly every day for six weeks. :( Yes it is a thing that might happen. I'm going to live with it for now and reassess in June to see if it's still happening. Hopefully it isn't but I may go for removal. I heard removal's a breeze though so it's really not a big deal if it ended up not working for you.

On the other hand the stress-free nature of it honestly means the spotting doesn't bother me that much. No pill!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

InEscape posted:

I'm at like four and a half months of implanon and I've been spotting really lightly every day for six weeks. :( Yes it is a thing that might happen. I'm going to live with it for now and reassess in June to see if it's still happening. Hopefully it isn't but I may go for removal. I heard removal's a breeze though so it's really not a big deal if it ended up not working for you.

On the other hand the stress-free nature of it honestly means the spotting doesn't bother me that much. No pill!

Yes! It's weird because the pill wasn't really a big hassle for me, but I still feel a lot freer without it and sex feels more spontaneous/carefree somehow (even though really it's not that different).

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kimmalah posted:

Yes! It's weird because the pill wasn't really a big hassle for me, but I still feel a lot freer without it and sex feels more spontaneous/carefree somehow (even though really it's not that different).

I never had trouble with taking the pill, but drat if I don't feel way freer with Mirena, too. I really started to worry about the pill working after I got heavy so the Mirena has cleared up A LOT of sexual anxiety for me.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm on my fifth (I think?) year of Implanon. After I got my first one, I spent a couple of months where anytime my cervix was hit, heavy bleeding would start, like a period. (It took awhile to figure out what triggered it!) I don't remember exactly how long it took, but after a few months, that went away. Since then I haven't really had a period. Occasionally (a few times a year?) I get super-light spotting, like not even enough to wear a tampon for -- I don't even realize it's happening until I go to the bathroom and things are faintly reddish. So I guess technically I have "irregular bleeding" rather than complete amenorrhea, but come on. It's still amazing. If it's ever discontinued, I don't know what I'll do, but it may involve taking hostages.

Everyone is different, obviously, this is just my anecdote (and click on my ? for way more). I hope something works for you, and I think it's super awesome you're supporting the doctor who took over from Tiller.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Geolicious posted:

I never had trouble with taking the pill, but drat if I don't feel way freer with Mirena, too. I really started to worry about the pill working after I got heavy so the Mirena has cleared up A LOT of sexual anxiety for me.

A big problem for me towards the end was having a crazy work schedule that clashed with my pill taking time (yay for holiday retail making me work until all hours of the night). So I was always freaked out that I might skip a pill or throw things out of whack because I struggled to find a free moment to sneak into the back room where I kept my purse with my pill pack.

It also didn't help my anxiety that my coworkers were getting pregnant/having babies all around the same time too. :ohdear:

fine-tune
Mar 31, 2004

If you want to be a EE, bend over and grab your knees...

InEscape posted:

You might ask your doc if you can do a short run on a combined pill to sort out the bleeding. It was something mentioned to me at my one month follow up, just in case I ran into the endless spotting issue.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

That's a really good idea. I've just started my 7th year of having an implant (2 Implanons, now on Nexplanon). I've had a couple episode of weeks long light bleeding, but that was all during my first implant, and now I just get a regular cycle that lasts around 4 days.

Filigree
Jul 18, 2012

Well I figured out why I was feeling all period-y. I haven't had a period in a year but now I am, I guess. This sucks.

Menschsein
Sep 15, 2007

Ne carne ne pesce

I had my Mirena inserted in October 2011 and didn't have a period from June until January. Since then I seem to have had a period-y thing each month (REALLY hoping it goes away again), bright red and enough to use a cup. But what's most mysterious is that I have boobal issues, as in tender breasts not only the week before my period, but basically two or three weeks before it, which makes it only one week after my period when I'm not achy or perioding. I went to my gyn check-up in January and she said in the ultrasound that there was some unreleased egg hanging out in one ovary. I filed it as a "I have a cyst".

ANYWAY, my question is, has anyone else had boobal issues on the Mirena, and did they subside? I'm okay with waiting it out, but it's a drat nuisance in the general fabulousness.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Menschsein posted:

I had my Mirena inserted in October 2011 and didn't have a period from June until January. Since then I seem to have had a period-y thing each month (REALLY hoping it goes away again), bright red and enough to use a cup. But what's most mysterious is that I have boobal issues, as in tender breasts not only the week before my period, but basically two or three weeks before it, which makes it only one week after my period when I'm not achy or perioding. I went to my gyn check-up in January and she said in the ultrasound that there was some unreleased egg hanging out in one ovary. I filed it as a "I have a cyst".

ANYWAY, my question is, has anyone else had boobal issues on the Mirena, and did they subside? I'm okay with waiting it out, but it's a drat nuisance in the general fabulousness.

There's a thread in the Goon Doctor with someone going through something similar except with Implanon. It seems like this might be one of those "weird hormonal things" that goes on with birth control, maybe progestin-only in particular.

I know when I was on hormones, I'd have weird months where everything would be sore constantly then it would just go away for a few months. :iiam: But I was on a combined pill, so that might not be exactly the same thing.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My wife went in today to the OB/GYN practice my friend's wife referred us to. The doctor she met with said they generally won't do sterilization under 30 (she'll be 28 in June), but at least we have a light at the end of the tunnel - at least assuming he isn't just blowing smoke up our rear end and at 30 it'll be 35, etc.

Until then, he wants to put her on Mirena, both for birth control and he seems to think it will help control her irregular periods, which are completely random and tend to be extremely heavy and hang around for at least a week.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Mirena is actually the tiniest bit more effective than sterilization, but it's not permanent.

But 5 years is a good run for BC!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
We almost had it done last summer when she went on nuvaring, but it came down to cost (we didn't have insurance then) and she was afraid it would make her periods even worse than they already are. She was also concerned about the hormonal side effects, but apparently its even lower dose than the ring. She has a return appointment in a few weeks for them to do some more tests and an ultrasound.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Also the ring is combined and Mirena is progestin only. So that might help a bit with hormonal side effects. Also, with Mirena, the hormones are much more localized.

Hopefully, it will help lighten her periods, too. If it works out, it really is an awesome BC method.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Geoj posted:

My wife went in today to the OB/GYN practice my friend's wife referred us to. The doctor she met with said they generally won't do sterilization under 30 (she'll be 28 in June), but at least we have a light at the end of the tunnel - at least assuming he isn't just blowing smoke up our rear end and at 30 it'll be 35, etc.

Until then, he wants to put her on Mirena, both for birth control and he seems to think it will help control her irregular periods, which are completely random and tend to be extremely heavy and hang around for at least a week.

It probably won't regulate her periods, but it will probably make them lighter or possibly eliminate them altogether. It's also kind of like sterilization in that it's long-term and really requires no thought or effort on anyone's part once it's in there (but of course not actually permanent).

It's possible there might be side-effects, but the hormone levels tend to be lower and more localized so even people who don't tolerate most hormonal methods well might be OK with it. There is a non-hormonal IUD (Paragard), but unfortunately it would probably make her periods worse for at least a while.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Menschsein posted:

I'm just like that, yep. Same with the not having real periods for a couple months and then woop back to having a cycle. It isn't a huge inconvenience for me so I have been just dealing with it- still better than babies!

My gyno said that the Mirena "works by being an IUD" and the hormone is just there to lighten periods because sometimes IUDs give you heavier ones. I am not sure if that means that we still ovulate and all that when on it. It may be that earlier in its time in the uterus it does have a higher amount of hormone being released at a time, and after a while it subsides. Either way it is still effective.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

From what I understand with progestin only methods, sometimes you ovulate and sometimes you don't. Low dose methods like Mirena and the lower dosage pills are kind of inconsistent with it. But they have other effects like thickening the cervical mucus and doing whatever else it is IUDs do (which the jury is still kind of out on).

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Having the foreign object in there produces leukocytes, which attack other foreign cells like sperm. And just having something else in there can discourage something else from moving in, which is why when fertilization does occur with an IUD, rare as it is, it's more likely to be ectopic. So, in all likelihood, it's a combo of all those things making it effective. But poo poo, you could tell me it was magic, and I'd still use it if it meant no babies.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do about BC, and the description of the Mirena as being effective because it's an IUD and not so much because of the hormones is something I actually really like the sound of, since right now even the idea of hormones puts me at pretty high anxiety levels about the anxiety that the hormones cause. I was considering Paragard, but my periods off of the pill are so awful and crampy and miserable I don't really want to exacerbate that by putting a foreign body that will worsen them into my already unhappy uterus. If it was just heavier bleeding, I could handle that. My meluna soft makes that a non-issue. It's the cramps. They already put me out for at least 12 hours unless I'm really diligent about taking ibuprofen every eight hours for the two days before. The time I had appendicitis, I thought it was just cramps for the first six hours that I was in too much pain to sleep. I have no questions, just mostly want to vent to other ladies who understand this sort of thing since I'm generally the most knowledgeable person about women's health in my circle of friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

GabrielAisling posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do about BC, and the description of the Mirena as being effective because it's an IUD and not so much because of the hormones is something I actually really like the sound of, since right now even the idea of hormones puts me at pretty high anxiety levels about the anxiety that the hormones cause. I was considering Paragard, but my periods off of the pill are so awful and crampy and miserable I don't really want to exacerbate that by putting a foreign body that will worsen them into my already unhappy uterus. If it was just heavier bleeding, I could handle that. My meluna soft makes that a non-issue. It's the cramps. They already put me out for at least 12 hours unless I'm really diligent about taking ibuprofen every eight hours for the two days before. The time I had appendicitis, I thought it was just cramps for the first six hours that I was in too much pain to sleep. I have no questions, just mostly want to vent to other ladies who understand this sort of thing since I'm generally the most knowledgeable person about women's health in my circle of friends.

Dayum. Mirena or Skyla sounds good for you, yeah. Skyla is even lower hormone and it's 3 years rather than 5. Please talk to a gyno :sympathy:

• Locked thread