Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is... Is he really the one to give it?
"Don't do what I did"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gonzo McFee posted:

I often take advice from people who gently caress things up terribly, yes. They've had a lot of time to think about what they should've done.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't be worse than Don Frye's advice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think Dave is dead wrong about Sandman meaning nothing when he came back. He was still a star in the eyes of the ECW fans... but at the same time he was never going to draw outside of that audience.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I guess he and Mikey would have been better off never going to WCW, but it certainly didn't kill them in the eyes of the ECW audience.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Konnan's latest with X-Pac goes... places. Dark places. Very fast. drat interesting though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure Mikey used some of his WCW money to open his wrestling school, and that seems to have worked out for him. So it wasn't all bad for him.

The AOW guest this week is Ted DiBiase Sr.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I guess he and Mikey would have been better off never going to WCW, but it certainly didn't kill them in the eyes of the ECW audience.

Didn't they hire him due to the fact he beat Stone Cold, and then never mentioned that fact? I also remember his first match being pretty great.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm pretty sure Mikey used some of his WCW money to open his wrestling school, and that seems to have worked out for him. So it wasn't all bad for him.

The AOW guest this week is Ted DiBiase Sr.

Holy poo poo I might actually listen to this one.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Arbite posted:

Konnan's latest with X-Pac goes... places. Dark places. Very fast. drat interesting though.

Yeah, X-Pac is pretty open in his interviews and he definitely didn't hold anything back in that one. Idiot for tearing his rear end and then doing his finisher where he lands right on it 3 times later in the match.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
I am late to the party as usual, but Stone Cold's podcast is great. I could listen to his "GOTDAMN"s and beauty tips all day long.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Didn't they hire him due to the fact he beat Stone Cold, and then never mentioned that fact? I also remember his first match being pretty great.

On the first PPV he showed up at, Kevin Nash walked by him and asked to know who he was.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
This week on Bryan and Vinny, Bryan ends it with an analysis of Hogan's comeback, specifically the "YOU!" part.

"I don't understand this comeback. Why is he pointing at them and alerting them they are themselves?"

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Perigryn posted:

This week on Bryan and Vinny, Bryan ends it with an analysis of Hogan's comeback, specifically the "YOU!" part.

"I don't understand this comeback. Why is he pointing at them and alerting them they are themselves?"

He's informing his opponent that they will be the medium on which Hulkamania runs.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hey Goog or anyone else, do you need to do anything to get iTunes to add a new episode? I thought it was supposed to go automatically once you have an RSS feed but the episode we posted monday has no-showed.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

weekly font posted:

Hey Goog or anyone else, do you need to do anything to get iTunes to add a new episode? I thought it was supposed to go automatically once you have an RSS feed but the episode we posted monday has no-showed.

Is that the December to Dismember one? Because I have it and it updated automatically for me.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Draga posted:

Is that the December to Dismember one? Because I have it and it updated automatically for me.

No, I'm asking Goog because the PSP is updating easily and we seemingly both followed the same instructions to get an RSS feed going so I'm not sure why my podcast's last episode is MIA.

:siren:Speaking of which,:siren:

http://netflixmartyrs.blogspot.com/2013/04/episode-03-bounty-hunters-starring.html

This week my bad movie podcast The Netflix Martyrs covered "The Bounty Hunters," starring WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus. You will probably enjoy listening to this if you like bad movies, Trish Stratus, upskirts, racism or Canada.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
http://www.curtainjerkers.com/2013/04/episode-72-simon-dean-terrorist.html

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

weekly font posted:

Jack Krauser could explain it better than I, but hit me up on Twitter or AIM (both GoogTheGoog) and I'll do what I can to help.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Goog posted:

Jack Krauser could explain it better than I, but hit me up on Twitter or AIM (both GoogTheGoog) and I'll do what I can to help.

I appreciate it, but I finally figured it out! Something as simple as copy/pasting your mp3 link that has https instead of http will block iTunes. The more you know *~~~

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gridiron Legend Dave Meltzer

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: JUMP TO 6:27 IN THE PODCAST :siren:

Those injuries don't hurt, just trust Dave. :stonk:

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
What in the everliving gently caress, Dave. Just re-watch the post fight interview where he's gripping his arms and the title belt in pain and having trouble breathing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Dave had a broken foot once...double issue of the Observer still came out on time.

Now I'm imagining Dave as a little league coach telling kids to walk off injuries.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So we can now conclude that basic medical knowledge also lies outside the Wrestling Bubble™.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Can someone sum up what Dave said?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

njsykora posted:

Can someone sum up what Dave said?

On last night's UFC, the champ Jon Jones won a fight, but broke his big toe severely. I mean, it was in a completely different direction than it should be, and broke badly enough that it was bleeding. And Dave basically said "oh I doubt it hurt, trust me, just walk it off"

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Then Dave talked for 5 minutes about how he used to play tackle football in the street instead of going to the park around the block.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

And he broke his finger severely by somehow getting it stuck in a car door while playing street football

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
And it didn't hurt.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sweeney Tom posted:

On last night's UFC, the champ Jon Jones won a fight, but broke his big toe severely. I mean, it was in a completely different direction than it should be, and broke badly enough that it was bleeding. And Dave basically said "oh I doubt it hurt, trust me, just walk it off"

The post fight where you could visibly see Jon Jones' adrenaline wearing off and the pain starting to set in was incredible. Only a total spergburger (Dave M.) wouldn't pick up on that.

(Pain don't hurt) - Patrick Swayze

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
The newest After Dark is hilarious. When Bryan was talking to a caller with a fear of clowns, he said It was 16,000 pages long. I laughed so hard I started crying.

Edit: Skip to 19:45 to hear it.

Double Edit: Guy called in to talk about Slender Man and thinks it is real. The sadness that enveloped me is insurmountable.

TLM fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 29, 2013

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
So I've been checking out the earliest episodes of the Bryan and Vinny rewind lately and holy poo poo Vinny was a total loving goon about girls back in the day.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"In a car, where you open up the door, you know?"

You people are focused on Dave agreeing with Jon Jones that pain don't hurt and missed out on that wonderful line.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Great thread on the board right now trying to see if gabe has an alt.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

oh my god this is amazing

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Ten Count: I can't think of an actual question right now, but could you pick two wrestlers with your Random 'Rassler Roulette wheel and discuss how a theoretical feud/match would be?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

HulkaMatt posted:

Hahaha this is the best, sometimes I love the board

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

HulkaMatt posted:

What section?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you