Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Roving Reporter posted:

Here are some codes for Doodle Truck 2 you guys. Enjoy!

Took the middle one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

eeenmachine posted:

How is Happy Street any different than say... Animal Crossing?

Edit: Can you lose at Animal Crossing?
I double crossed Tom Nook on the price of some remodeling and he sent around some goons and had me iced. K.K. Slider wrote a song about it - but I think he's the one that ratted me out.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
There is a huge faction of people who are completely uninterested in games that require much skill, dexterity, or strategy.

They were the people you said, "here, you try!" to and handed the controller to and they were overwhelmed and wanted to stop after 10 seconds.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of good games, Bonkey Trek just went free.

Get it, you know you want to.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Does anyone care about this poo poo? Lets just talk about games.

I think probably a lot of people care about it, but they might think like me and not get involved in the discussion because they don't want to be just shouted down or lumped in with the folks who can't participate constructively.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Urdnot Fire posted:

I don't know what this is but it looks to be right up my dumb rear end alley.

And speaking of actual games, I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Riptide GP. It looks nice and controls okay I guess but coming from the developers of the most recent Hydro Thunder I expected more out if the physics. Wave Race or Splashdown this isn't. It's a rather shallow package as well with only a small handful of tracks and crafts.

However their free to play endless racer Beach Buggy Blast is a lot more fun. The physics and handling are dead on even if the art style is really offputting.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Urdnot Fire posted:

Bonkey Trek is the best. :allears:

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

marshmonkey posted:

There is a huge faction of people who are completely uninterested in games that require much skill, dexterity, or strategy.

They were the people you said, "here, you try!" to and handed the controller to and they were overwhelmed and wanted to stop after 10 seconds.

I love those games. Dark Souls, Bayonetta.. played and beaten them. But I suck at strategy games, so it's cool to watch my city grow in Pixel People or unlock new cars in Motor World: Car Factory. Speaking of, do any goons play/work on that game? There doesn't seem to be much online but its charming as hell and has some actual strategy, even if it is 'raise the prices on cars before you go to bed.'

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Bit Dungeon updated a while back, and I finally got around to uninstalling/reinstalling it thanks to the weirdass save bug. Now that it saves, I got up to about level 8 or so.

And then I perma-died.

I'll be goddamned if I'm not going to try to beat that. Level 8? That's loving clown shoes.

Also I found out the soundtrack is up for download from the original composer and I'm so getting it, because I think I like that more than killing giant butcher demon mantid things.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
So I can't seem to load day five or so on Hope: the Other Side of Adventre. Anyone have similar trouble?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
I miss the old video arcades. Maybe we can think of games with IAP as the quarter munchers of the 21st century.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Machismo posted:

So I can't seem to load day five or so on Hope: the Other Side of Adventre. Anyone have similar trouble?

Someone said that game wasn't finished, and got uploaded by accident. It's been pulled from the store while they fix it up.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

silly posted:

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOREBOAAAAAAAARD

I have to assume that Inferno is a team for people who preferred the heavy metal version of the original RUA, or people who just joined it because they did so at a time when it was clear that they were going to keep winning. Both of those are fittingly evil archetypes - I am going to bring balance to this cosmos if I have to die for it. Prepare for the rainbow stampede of justice

edit: THE ARC OF THE RAINBOW MAY BE LONG, BUT IT BENDS TOWARD HARMONY, HARMONY, OH LOVE

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Roving Reporter posted:

Here are some codes for Doodle Truck 2 you guys. Enjoy!

Oh hey, the top one still worked. Thank you!

Kepa
Jul 23, 2011

My goal as a game developer is just to make gnome puns

HiriseSoftware posted:

I miss the old video arcades. Maybe we can think of games with IAP as the quarter munchers of the 21st century.

That analogy would work a lot better if all those old quarters had gone directly to the arcade game programmers. If that had been the case, wow, they would have *really* hosed with you.

Just played BLOCK FORTRESS again and woops hours passed by. At the point of the game where I have a huge antenna structure full of lasers nuking everything on the map before I see it. Except for the occasional rocket group that gets past, who then obliterate my base from a football field away. The FPS controls are kind of sucky, but once I got that mod that makes my plasma rifle never run out of ammo, I stopped caring as much.

Also anyone who loves roguelikes: I've been playing Michael Brough's new game and it rules. It's the followup to Zaga-33, with only 3 enemy types and a tiny 6x6 board. Yet it's extremely strategic with every single decision mattering, even moreso than Zaga. You can play an earlier free PC/Mac version here: http://mightyvision.blogspot.com/2013/03/7drl-success-86856527.html

No idea when he's releasing it. He keeps tweaking and balancing things. Every change seems to be for the better.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

silly posted:

If you aren't playing Robot Unicorn Attack 2 with the Erasure IAP purchased you aren't doing it right. Also, Team Inferno 4 LYFE.

Oh christ this. I just bought it, for my four year old daughter, then spent the last hour playing and questioning my commitment to heterosexuality as I listened to Andy Bell over and over again. It's such a great game. It has seahorse cities.

I'm sad that the baddies are winning the current challenge though. GO TEAM RAINBOW.

hoverboard Humpty-Dumpty
Sep 5, 2007

quote:

I'm sad that the baddies are winning the current challenge though. GO TEAM RAINBOW.

I'd be a lot more productive if the devs made it quit crashing before it let me send in my stars or scores...

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

This whole team thing would work better if we were randomly assigned a team every challenge or something.
I'm team rainbow and I can see clear as day that unless they change this system, there's no incentive to remain on that team since inferno has ever-growing numbers behind it.
I think I'll wait and see but so far it looks like they really didn't think that part through.

Also, what's going on with the ads? I got a bunch at first and they seemed to disappear after I bought Always but yesterday they were back with a vengeance.
I'd assumed that buying iap shut them up for good when I didn't see any for a while but it only seemed to calm them for a little bit.
Is there a permanent "piss off, ads" purchase I can make?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

quote:

Square Enix has opened a new Japanese website and pre-registration for a new smartphone title called Final Fantasy Tactics S. This “social” game, something of a spinoff of the Ivalice Alliance, will feature designs originally created by Ryoma Ito. The game will also include races, jobs, and monsters featured in 2008′s Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift for the Nintendo DS.
I'm going to preemptively decide this is going to be a sucky cash grab, much like that ATB thing. But still, a small part of me holds out hope...

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I keep accidentally killing my Bonkey. :smith:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Trustworthy posted:

I keep accidentally killing my Bonkey. :smith:
Stop hitting your Bonkey so hard! Would you appreciate getting Bonkey punched at full strength all day?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

PFlats posted:

I'm going to preemptively decide this is going to be a sucky cash grab, much like that ATB thing. But still, a small part of me holds out hope...

Doesn't matter, buying it.

Unless it costs money. I only play free IAP games and then don't spend money on them. :smuggo:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
My Bonkey just cut his lip and mouth on a tin can and died 4.5 miles from my destination. That being said Bonkey Trek is probably has probably the best implementation of IAP and this thread could learn a thing or three from it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

sebmojo posted:

Oh christ this. I just bought it, for my four year old daughter, then spent the last hour playing and questioning my commitment to heterosexuality as I listened to Andy Bell over and over again.

This is a really bad post.

Yodzilla posted:

My Bonkey just cut his lip and mouth on a tin can and died 4.5 miles from my destination. That being said Bonkey Trek is probably has probably the best implementation of IAP and this thread could learn a thing or three from it.

Quimdung is breaking my sanity, but I think I'm okay with it.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 27, 2013

goethe gear xx
Sep 17, 2004

faustoo
I don't know when Book of Heroes got a patch for "HD Graphics" (basically optimised for Retina I suppose), but it makes the game look really nice!

Related: Is there an SA guild still going?

edit: this is on iPad too? Hell yes.

goethe gear xx fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 27, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
There's a thread in the PGS for Book Of Heroes but participation is pretty low atm, myself included as I only have access to my ipad at weekends currently.

The next patch looks pretty nice though for people in guilds during quiet times but still being able to participate in other guilds raids which is where the top end equipment comes from. Also in 1.6 staying in a guild and participating in their raids etc gets you "loyalty" points which give better rewards the longer you hang around. It also has a new zone and quests for something to do before the patch after that which supposedly has a ton of new PVE content.

goethe gear xx
Sep 17, 2004

faustoo

Fazana posted:

There's a thread in the PGS for Book Of Heroes but participation is pretty low atm, myself included as I only have access to my ipad at weekends currently.

The next patch looks pretty nice though for people in guilds during quiet times but still being able to participate in other guilds raids which is where the top end equipment comes from. Also in 1.6 staying in a guild and participating in their raids etc gets you "loyalty" points which give better rewards the longer you hang around. It also has a new zone and quests for something to do before the patch after that which supposedly has a ton of new PVE content.

Thanks, I checked PGS but was used to it being a ghost town so didn't look past page one. Looks like it's pretty inactive, so I joined a random guild with a buddy. Maybe if the patch gets people interested again (hopefully with some fresh characters so I'm not the only one slummning it at level 10) I'll check out the Goon Squad.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Splits posted:

I just started playing Clash of Clans and I don't hate it yet. Is there a goon clan at all? Should I quit while I'm ahead and find a new game? I kinda dig the run based stuff but the IAP is terrible.

Pulling back a few pages here, but I don't think anyone mentioned, the goon clan is "Crusader Kings"

If you just started, we'd probably have to lower the trophy req to whatever you have, so you can join.

The only rule is that you donate troops when people request.

Nobody really cares if you donate level 1 troops or level 6 troops. Higher is appreciated of course, but just having troops is better than nothing.

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
Bonkey trek rules. I beat it in 53 turns. Dude's games aren't always the best but I always at least give them a shot for some reason.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

KGBAgent185 posted:

Pulling back a few pages here, but I don't think anyone mentioned, the goon clan is "Crusader Kings"

If you just started, we'd probably have to lower the trophy req to whatever you have, so you can join.

Nobody really cares if you donate level 1 troops or level 6 troops. Higher is appreciated of course, but just having troops is better than nothing.

Everybody keeps talkin' about this, and I figure I might as well give it a crack. Once I get it figured out I'll slip into CK.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

PFlats posted:

I'm going to assuming it's going to be bad because mobage is making it. Air brigade didn't even have any sound.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

KGBAgent185 posted:

I'd love to get in, but I only have ~900 trophies at the moment.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I picked up Bit Dungeon and its awesome, the Zelda style Roguelike I knew I wanted but never had. One question: how do I use magic?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Has anyone played Survivalcraft? I always saw it in the top sellers when I had my Nexus and it looks like it was released on the appstore recently. Is it a good enough Minecraft clone to dick around on during my lunch? I have heard awful things about Minecraft Pocket Edition so I have stayed away from that.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 28, 2013

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

One question: how do I use magic?

Just hold down on the screen. Once you get "chaos" magic, don't pick up other magic because it is inferior.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ok I am now worship at the altar of the great Crabitron. Wayyy to much fun. The controls are wierd and I love them for it. Just one question though. How do you beat the star fighter?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Man I wish I had an iPad. :(

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Raged posted:

Ok I am now worship at the altar of the great Crabitron. Wayyy to much fun. The controls are wierd and I love them for it. Just one question though. How do you beat the star fighter?

First thing is don't try to whack him, as he'll just teleport and restart his attack pattern. Just block his shots and eventually he'll fire a big laser that you can reflect back into him. A couple of hits will knock off his shield, then the next hit will destroy him.

CaptainFlaps
Apr 25, 2003

Fighting crime with yeast infections
I'm about 700 posts behind in this thread so I was wondering if there have been any good games released in the last month that a lot of people are enjoying? I like all genres :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Bonkey Trek seems to be the big smash hit these days.

• Locked thread