Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
You could fill this whole thread full of poo poo post from the OBR's World Wide Rant. Its the political board on one of the Browns most popular sites. The board is so full of hate, name calling, and horrible poo poo posting that the admin has hidden it on the list of forums. Now the only way to access it is to join the site then make a request to one of the mods to post in there. I would post some examples, but I'm not sure I could without image leeching. 90% of the post there are just copy paste jobs from radical right wing websites with words like dimscum LSM (lame stream media) pMSNBC libertards thrown in to add flavor.

If any of you ever want to look into the abyss head over, and check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

New Dolphins logo actually a chemtrail????

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
If you're going to have a sports conspiracy theory and it doesn't involve the Patriots then I just don't know.

IT HAPPENED ON PATRIOTS DAY COINCIDENCE???????

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Serisothikos posted:

If you're going to have a sports conspiracy theory and it doesn't involve the Patriots then I just don't know.

IT HAPPENED ON PATRIOTS DAY COINCIDENCE???????

I still think Bernard Pollard may have been somehow involved in the bombing. Nobody else has taken out so many Massachusetts knees.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

gohuskies posted:

I still think Bernard Pollard may have been somehow involved in the bombing. Nobody else has taken out so many Massachusetts knees.

I have been sitting on this joke out of fear of a probation :smith:

For posterity, mine was: So the next time Bernard Pollard blows up a Bostonian, do we call it pulling a Tsarnaev?

Yours was more succinct.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
What's Pollard's Patriot injury count? 4?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

DangerKat posted:

What's Pollard's Patriot injury count? 4?

3. 1 for Brady, 0.5 for Welker (injury occurred before contact), 1 for Gronk, 0.5 for Ridley (it was Ridley's fault).

nah
Mar 16, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

One of the founders of ThePhins is a child molester. Not Finheaven

Who? I remember the exodus from FinHeaven to ThePhins so long ago

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

JetsInsider poster regarding Geno Smith posted:

Did you see the graceless way this kid came out and accepted his Jets hat after being selected? Walking out all jiveass and gangsta? I'm telling you right now this "Geno Jiveass" fool is going to be the biggest cancer the NFL has seen since Terrell Owens, and Idzik just threw him into your lockerroom...

I hate the kid already and haven't seen him take one snap yet. Get him the fu_k out of here!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

That guy deserves Sanchez buttfumbles from now until the end of time.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

That poster's got a promising career ahead of him as a scout.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
From the Orange and Brown Report in a thread about the Browns 7th round pick Garrett Gilkey

Linehogs posted:

That is the gayest story I have ever heard. Little Garrett Gilky running to cry in the bathroom because people didn't like him lol....

We've all been through it. I changed schools like 6-7 times in my life and most of that was in middle school. His story is the same a tons of other people. Hell Napoleon was allegedly bullied as a kid. But people grow up and find a new life outside of classroom. They say high school is suppose to prepare you for society ect and I say that BS. The outside world is 100% different from social interactions to sex. That's also why we should privatize education. We gather our children in government run institutions to groom them and shape them with minimal outside influence from parents ect. We bunch kids together based on location rather than ability ect. So smart kids go to the very same school as less than smart kids and for the most part the curriculum is the same. There is no individual emphasis on any of it and whenever politicians say we need to improve education what they really mean is they want to throw more money to teachers unions who will in turn give it right back to the Democrat party.

This is America. I pay taxes. I should have a right to either allow my child to go to public school or receive a voucher for the equivalent the government would spend on my child that year and choose for myself what kind of education he receives. As of now most private schools are religiously oriented. Within a decade you would see thousands of smaller schools each geared to the many needs of the respective market. Dumb kids would go to school together and learn skills actually valuable to their lives rather than melting away in some public school wondering why in the hell they have to learn geometry. All in all this is America and if they are going to take our money for education the least they could do is offer us a choice in where to spend it. I count on parents to more about what's best for their kids than the government and in those cases where parents cannot find a private school which fits their needs or they simply just don't care..... we can still have public education.

Just being honest. If we privatized education simply through peoples choice of where to send their kids we would simultaneously eliminate a huge government bureaucracy and most severe bullying. I knew a lot of people like Garrett Gilkey and it took them years to overcome the mental anguish of high school. Why not make allow schools to be more like the real world? Most of those kids who were bullied wind up going into high end professions ect and guess what.... they are surrounded by people like them. there are no dumb jock doctors just like there aren't any geeky dweeb construction workers. Simply by allowing people the freedom to choose will inevitably transform society for the better and there would be a lot less dylon Cleabolds in America. Screwed up kids are more often than not screwed up because of institutionalized education. How many times do you hear of a high school kid committing suicide because of bullying and think to yourself.... If he just made it to the real world things wouldn't be like that. What a shame he'll never know.

It's an easy fix. Demand freedom from your politicians and we can save the world.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That Gilky story must have been really gay to inspire a rant on....

Privatized school workcamps?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Um HI Molly Tayer, elections monitor of boulder county colorado?? I Hereby Demand Freedom from you.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
When would dumb/smart kids be separated into different schools? Obviously all kids would have to enter into the same public school for the first few years at least, as that would be required to differentiate between who's smart and who's not. Also, where is this new-found complaint of public schools being terrible and holding our smart kids back coming from? I'm finishing up my teaching degree, and a full 4-5 classes have been spent entirely on lesson plan differentiation for students of varying abilities. If these people want their kids to receive supplemental education beyond that, maybe they should take that responsibility on their own. I wonder if this guy realizes he's suggesting segregation come back.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It seems to me that no one would be forcibly separated they would just choose the private insititution that best suits their needs. All the dumb kids will go to the dumb school and all the smart kids will go to space camp.
Also everyone is on the honor system so really take a good look in the mirror before deciding you educational future 4 year-olds of America.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

limeincoke posted:

I wonder if this guy realizes he's suggesting segregation come back.

Yes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Can we pay to change mcmagic's name to Geno Jiveass?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

quote:

Now hear me out, wouldn't it be nice if we had some all black uni's. Could be a home game alt uni, black pants and black helmet. Then for away games instead of white jerseys and silver pants they could wear silver jerseys and black pants. I know some want like it thinking it's breaking tradition, but it could be a nice change for the new era of the raiders.

hmmm

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
ah yes silver jerseys and black pants and of course you've got the best player in the whole league wayne gretzky i'msure you'll win the junior high style competition now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's privatized segregation guys, that's different duh.

Also that may hold the record for worlds fastest pivot into unrelated rambling.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Just got off the phone with my friend: "Geno Smith is going to be a monster, know who he reminds me of? RG3."

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Geno "Cornball" Smith

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If you pull up the comments on the ESPN article about the petition to change the Redskins' name, and set them to live, you can can watch racist assholery (and an impressive amount of gay bashing) in real time. It's amazing, something new and awful every ten or fifteen seconds.

Edit: I'm getting pretty depressed now. So many lovely people, they're all around us :(

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 1, 2013

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Redskins name is awful and racist and any decent human being should want it changed but can we maybe talk about like anything else football related for awhile, please? That poo poo just eats threads.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is the best suggestion.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

The Redskins name is awful and racist and any decent human being should want it changed but can we maybe talk about like anything else football related for awhile, please? That poo poo just eats threads.

Sure. What do we have to do for you to change Mcmagic's name to Geno Jiveass?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I love the stories floating around about Tim Tebow in Miami. When was the last time Miami was in the super Bowl? I think we get the picture with that statement. I like Ryan, however, he would make a great receiver and or TE, as he has been there remember. He understands what a QB goes through, so he would know how to react to Tim Tebow. (Common Sense people). what you seem to forget, on a regular basis, is that Tebow is a leader!!! He can play the QB position, and Florida is the perfect climate for this. If he wins 7 of his home games and 5 of the away games, that leaves Miami at 12-4! Playoff material. We know he can win in the playoffs. He is very similar in stature as Steve Young, only stronger. He will, again, also put people in the seats!!!!!!! Get a grip, stop being a hater, and give the guy a shot to take you to the playoffs. He does not need quite as good a line as Ryan T does either. Buy some Defense!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
that owns

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I love how cavalierly he throws out that 12 win number.

edit: I checked for the hell of it and only 4 teams won 12 games or more last season [regular season only]: Patriots, Texans, Broncos and the Falcons (the only NFC team on the list).

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 3, 2013

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
he's right though. if he wins that many home games and that many away games, he will have won that many games total.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I love the stories floating around about Tim Tebow in Miami. When was the last time Miami was in the super Bowl? I think we get the picture with that statement. I like Ryan, however, he would make a great receiver and or TE, as he has been there remember. He understands what a QB goes through, so he would know how to react to Tim Tebow. (Common Sense people). what you seem to forget, on a regular basis, is that Tebow is a leader!!! He can play the QB position, and Florida is the perfect climate for this. If he wins 7 of his home games and 5 of the away games, that leaves Miami at 12-4! Playoff material. We know he can win in the playoffs. He is very similar in stature as Steve Young, only stronger. He will, again, also put people in the seats!!!!!!! Get a grip, stop being a hater, and give the guy a shot to take you to the playoffs. He does not need quite as good a line as Ryan T does either. Buy some Defense!

Agreed OP

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
That seems like a fake post to me. I doubt anyone in Miami is talking about turning Tannehill into a wideout.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
COMMON SENSE PEOPLE

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Hey ESPN comments section what do you have to say about Chad Johnson's arrest?

quote:

And I hate to say this but, it's always the black athletes. Narcissistic, arrogant, self-centered and stupid with money.

Oh okay

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Serisothikos posted:

Hey ESPN comments section what do you have to say about Chad Johnson's arrest?

Oh okay

The important thing is that he hated to say it. This is a man of courage with the strength of character to take on and give voice to unpleasant realities. Bravo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Larch posted:

The important thing is that he hated to say it. This is a man of courage with the strength of character to take on and give voice to unpleasant realities. Bravo.

I'm almost disappointed we didn't get "I'm not racist but".

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

quote:

Why Oakland should start Tyler Wilson

1. His last name is Wilson – You know Matt Flynn is waking up in a pile of cold sweat screaming “Wilson!!!” every night. The minute the Raiders drafted Wilson, Flynn was doomed to see the past repeat itself.

2. Wilson has the tools – Before this trepid 2012 season at Arkansas in which the poor kid lost his head coach and QB guru, Bobby Petrino, he was headed for a 1st round selection and possible 1st overall selection. The “Hair” himself, Mel Kiper Jr., had him pegged as a 1st round guy before the season. Take a look at his junior year statistics via ArkansasRazorbacks.com and you will be reminded why he was talked about so highly, “ 277-of-438 passing for 3,638 yards and 24 touchdowns with six interceptions, becoming just the second Razorback in school history to pass for 3,000 yards in a season.” All against the heralded SEC defenses. Consider this, from his NFL.com draft profile: ” Wilson was unable to improve upon his junior season for a myriad of reasons, including the loss of his head coach, the departure of his three favorite receivers, and a sub-par offensive line.” Hard to find a QB anywhere that wouldn’t struggle after losing all that he did.

3. Oakland has nothing to lose – The Raiders have been pegged as the worst team in the league for this coming season. They lack talent across the board. Why not develop a young guy with potential? As a fan I would much rather watch a young guy develop than a career backup lead us to a 4-12 record and leave the team about where we started. Another AFC team, the Broncos, went through this with the Orton and Tebow dilemma 2 years ago. Broncos fans were dying to see Tebow play and find out if they had anything in him. They knew what Orton’s ceiling was, they wanted to see what Tebow could do given the opportunity.

4. Young Coaches – With the young coaching staff of Dennis Allen, Greg Olson (O-Coordinator) and John Defilippo (QB’s) you know they want to attach themselves to a high ceiling guy they can put their fingerprints on as oppose to a guy who has been developed by other coaching staffs. This staff would have the opportunity to start fresh with Wilson.

5. Recent Rookie QB Success – The learning curve for rookie quarterbacks has sharply declined due to the offenses in the NFL going to the spread and the difficulty of the college offenses going up. Offensive coordinators and coaches have helped by morphing the offense to match the QB’s skills (see RGIII and Russell Wilson). Having played in the SEC and under Bobby Petrino he should have a firm grasp of NFL terminology and a strong understanding of NFL style defenses.
All of these reasons might not be needed as Tyler Wilson might just be the most talented QB on the Raiders roster. But as I stated at the start of this article it is fluff season and the Raiders need any bit of news to get excited for the up-coming season. So, speak to me Raider fans, who do you want to see lead the Silver and Black in 2013?

Note: Purposely didn’t mention Terrell Pryor as I think he will end up being 3rd string…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Ah yes the Orton Tebow quarterback situation is a perfect reference to draw from

• Locked thread