Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

victorious posted:

Does anyone know if CLG and Dignitas stop getting paid by Riot as of now, or would that happen only if they get knocked out of the promotion series too?

It's a salary that lasts for the season, so if they re-qualify through the Promotion Series, the only money they've lost is their potential share of the Spring Playoffs prize pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

The Mattybee posted:

I cannot think of anything funnier than Azure Cats eliminating CLG from LCS play.

Dig could be eliminated by Team Summon who has L0cust, their former support. So that'd be amusing. But it would bum me out because I really like Dig.

But gently caress CLG.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
After the last few weeks, I have to say that I love the NA scene. I don't care if NA goes on to be a complete embarrassment at all-stars and worlds, this season has been exciting as all get out and it has been a treat to watch the "bottom 4" teams rise up and start murdering the "top 4." Except TSM who are great and MRN who are smelly and I hope they get relegated.

Edit: Also man, how happy is Jintae right now? His Orianna carried GGU today. Pretty good for a dude who started the season as a sub.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 27, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I went out most of the night but left Youtube on to "DVR" the matches. Came back and watched Game 3 of Dig/GGU and CLG/Vulcan. Awesome matches. I'm really not surprised about Vulcan winning. I think Link is the only one who played evenly with Vulcan in these games, his Orianna was really incredible. The rest of the players on CLG really did not play well at all in the entire series and I'm really kind of surprised that they even took the one game. BloodWater is vastly superior to Aphromoo at support and Sycho Sid also vastly outplayed Hotshot. Chauster just didn't really make plays happen anywhere, but I couldn't really tell if that was him or his laners just being complete poo poo. I think if CLG re-qualifies for summer and actually wants to be a top team in the Summer LCS, they need to do something about Aphro and Hotshot because both of those guys are near the bottom of the bin for overall skill at their position in the LCS.

GGU was really shocking to me. I can't believe Dignitas has fallen so far. I think they will probably smash their opponent in the promotion series and be right back in the Summer LCS, but I can't believe they went from Top 2 to a T-5/6th finish.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Gonna swipe this from Reddit (yes I know, but there isn't really anywhere else to get a lot of pro scene analysis that I know of :saddowns:)

Some Redditor by the name of Natefil posted:

I had a comment that garnered some interest and so I thought I would elaborate a little. I've been messing with some NA LCS statistics to see trends and the like and thought I'd share a bit of what I've done. I was interested in seeing how teams were playing over the course of a few weeks rather than simply on a week by week basis. If you look at a snapshot of the winrates by each week you get a jumbled mess that looks like THIS.

It's difficult to decipher and hard to garner useful information. So what I did was weight each week by the surrounding weeks. If a team didn't play one week then I would just be weighting two weeks rather than three. What you get is something that looks like THIS.

Still a mess but we're able to see trends (trendlines make it much smoother but it was too much work at the time so I didn't do it). So then I took out three that weren't that interesting. CLG and MRN were both rather stagnant with random spurts of good fortune and bad luck. Complexity increased a bit but the tough schedule at the end saw a stagnation. So finally we get the most interesting ones. THIS

Curse: The decline has been slow and steady. Two stellar weeks had them well at the top but consistent losses saw them lose a lead and finally finish below TSM.
TSM: They saw a jump from the arrival of WildTurtle but had a temporary stagnation before absolutely crushing the LCS. Their hot streak is definitely not a fluke. While they can still lose games it is not blind luck that they are at top.

Dignitas: Their decline has been the most obvious one. They peaked around the third week but it would be disingenuous to call their fall anything but cataclysmic.

Vulcun: The introduction of Bloodwater seemed to make them a more consistent team. They were closer in games but they had a rough period towards the end that made them look to be less dependable than GGU.

GGU: Should not have been seen as underdogs going into this. They were playing stellar and have been improving with every addition. They have constantly had switchups with Fat, Jintae and Daydream but despite this they have dropped fewer and fewer games and have had many close calls that barely swung against them right at the end.

BONUS: Blue won 55% of games and purple won 45% over the whole of the LCS. With no favoritism towards good teams being assigned to blue it is safe to say that blue actually has an advantage. HOWEVER! When the bottom four upset the top four 32% of the upsets took place when the bottom four team had blue and an incredible 68% occurred when they were on purple. What's even more interesting? Seven of their thirteen upsets came on the last day and were ALL on purple side. Before that last day it was a 50-50 distribution between upsets from purple side and upsets from blue side.

Assuming his analysis is correct, calling today's games an upset is stretching it a bit. It also looks really bad for Dig in relegation and really bad for Crs in the semi-finals.

Edit: ALthough, both GGU and Vulcun made it sound like they only prepped to beat Dig and CLG respectively. Which, all things considered is definitely the smart strategy for them since guaranteeing a spot in the Summer split is way more important than some prize money and bragging rights. So even with the trends as they are I will be kind of surprised if Crs loses, and completely blown away if TSM loses.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 27, 2013

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

OGN is running right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

MVP Blue is running Nami and jungle Zac!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"Everyone is saying mandatorycloud is one of the most underrated players* out there."

My favorite line from last night's playoffs.

*or "mid-laners", don't remember the exact quote

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm rooting for EG, gotta support my countryman Froggen.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

IBentMyWookie posted:

I just see NA getting totally stomped by EU and Asian teams they're not even close. Maybe TSM is the only decent team anymore.

TSM and CRS are both good, everyone else... eh.

I'm not at all surprised that CLG lost to Vulcun, but I really thought Dignitas would at least beat GGU in a best of 3.

So apparently Soaz is running Zac top this game. All this top Zac, I'm not sold on it.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 27, 2013

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Sexpansion posted:

So apparently Soaz is running Zac top this game. All this top Zac, I'm not sold on it.

Nor me but S0az is loving awesome and can play anything so :allears:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
SoaZ doing very well on that Zac.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Sold on it yet? In all honesty, Zacs E is overpowered as hell. That leap and initiation is just absurd, the only difference between having him top as opposed to jungle is that he gets more farm and can be an even tankier gently caress who bounces on your entire team after leaping on you from out of the fog of war.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Looks like it's going to be a Caitlyn in mid for Fnatic vs Froggen's Anivia in game 2.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Missed picks and bans, so dunno if they said on air, but I'm sure xPeke ran Cait vs an Anivia once before, possibly against EG. Couple months ago. Seem to remember it working vvvery well

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
EG seem to have dominated this game but they are only 2k gold up at 42 minutes. Turning into a nervy game now.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Europe is awesome.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Shadowstar posted:

EuropeFnatic is awesome.

Fixed that for you. I love seeing them do things just ever so slightly differently. They're also really amazing at map control and a pleasure to watch in general.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

That was such a close win by EG. Not 2 minutes earlier the commentator mentioned they didn't have to fear the wall so much because they didn't have to fight in chokes and what happens? 2 of them get caught out by the wall in the jungle and Fnatic gets obliterated.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is TF's passive really so strong? EG had a huge lead in the early game with 5 kills, but they were only like 2-500g ahead.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Miftan posted:

Fixed that for you. I love seeing them do things just ever so slightly differently. They're also really amazing at map control and a pleasure to watch in general.

I think you just fixed something that didn't need fixing?

Either way, that last game was absurd, and I can't believe the back and forth that occurred. I can't help but think that there were a few poor decisions by EG, and that Fnatic took perfect advantage of them. Soaz was a beast that game.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

Is TF's passive really so strong? EG had a huge lead in the early game with 5 kills, but they were only like 2-500g ahead.

This and I think fNc took a few dragons.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
DominateTT #7 is starting up in an hour. I'm not casting this week but I'll hopefully be playing. I recommend watching because all the top tier 3v3 teams bar one signed up this week.

EDIT: Welp, nevermind. Apparently we're not going to be streaming these anymore. :(

Volcano Style fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 27, 2013

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
Midphite just picked by Alex Ich :psyduck: Super-tanky Gambit team (Thresh [support], J4, Malphite, Renekton, with Varus as the AD) versus a multiple-assassin SK team (Zed, Elise [support], Kassadin, with Ezreal and Naut).

[EDIT] 4.5K gold advantage for Gambit before 10 minutes. Going about as you'd expect.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 27, 2013

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SK is just getting stomped right now

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
These hooks are ridiculous.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Gambit ruined SK. The final tomorrow should be awesome.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.
Elder Lizard and Manamune on Ezreal is really going to crush the asses of that super-tank team :rolleyes: what was he thinking?

I missed most of that game but it seems pretty obvious that loss happened at champ select.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I'm guessing Thresh is pretty much going to need to be an autoban vs. Edward at this point

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Combo posted:

So I'm guessing Thresh is pretty much going to need to be an autoban vs. Edward at this point
The problem is that there are like 4 or 5 autobans for Gambit Gaming. The casters were talking about it prior to game 1. Darien on Shen is really good, winning 8/8 or something during the regular season. So gotta ban Shen. Then you have Alex Ich on Kha'Zix and Zed as must bans. Edward on Thresh, Genja on MF.

I think the issue is really just that Gambit is really good and they all have deep enough champion pools that you can't ban them out. If I were against GG, I'd probably just try to ban out Darien as the "weak" link and try and capitalize on that. Ban Shen/Renekton/Kayle and then first-pick elise or something.

Even that probably wouldn't work.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Volcano Style posted:

DominateTT #7 is starting up in an hour. I'm not casting this week but I'll hopefully be playing. I recommend watching because all the top tier 3v3 teams bar one signed up this week.

EDIT: Welp, nevermind. Apparently we're not going to be streaming these anymore. :(
Is there a way to spectate these? I'd totally love to see some high level TT, as our crew plays these when we have 3, and knowing what the gently caress to do would be pretty awesome.

edit: crap, double post.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
NA LCS coverage just started up, no games yet: http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/old

I believe it's TSM vs Vulcun first but don't quote me on that.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Alakaiser posted:

NA LCS coverage just started up, no games yet: http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/old

I believe it's TSM vs Vulcun first but don't quote me on that.

I will quote you because it is accurate. This will be a nice series because I will be relatively happy no matter who wins. I'm rooting for TSM but I also love upsets!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
TSM TSM TSM

They've been on fire with Turtle, getting rid of the safe, middle of the road Chaox was their best move so far. I can't say I'm surprised that Dig and CLG dropped down, the "Bottom 4" LCS teams have been improving at a pretty quick rate but there's still such a huge difference between the #1 team in NA and the #4 team in China or Korea.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Question. Given how huge League is these days, there *must* be some guy who does recaps of matches and select highlights and what-not, compressing a game to like 10 minutes or so (the way it happens for association football or probably any other sport ever). I really wanna follow LCS and get to know the teams' and players' styles and what-not, but I really don't have the time to watch full matches.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Well TSM learned from yesterday and banned Trist. Unfortunately Dyrus is on Rumble. I hope he's worked on his game because the last time was just sad.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dancer posted:

Question. Given how huge League is these days, there *must* be some guy who does recaps of matches and select highlights and what-not, compressing a game to like 10 minutes or so (the way it happens for association football or probably any other sport ever). I really wanna follow LCS and get to know the teams' and players' styles and what-not, but I really don't have the time to watch full matches.

The LCS YouTube channel is a bit inconsistent when it comes down to when and if it updates, but it does feature recaps of (most) played games.

http://youtube.com/user/LoLChampSeries

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 27, 2013

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Vulcun have really gone for broke on AoE fuckfest ults here. 3 of their ults (Zyra, Malphite, Jarvan) are large AoE CC, and then Katarina and MF bring the channeled damage. TSM gonna have to engage REALLY carefully unless they're several thousand gold ahead.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Wow, Vulcun hosed that up hard. I'm sure it was all part of TSM's master plan.

TSMTSMTSM

Edit: tsmsecretstrats.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That was a tough break for Vulcun.

• Locked thread