Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Jmcrofts posted:

In other news Champ still owns

holy poo poo that's incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jmcrofts posted:

In other news Champ still owns

Everyone even tangentially related to this debacle has been hilarious with the exception of ChrisG himself.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

HKR posted:

Also if you find behavior like ChrisG's offensive you should let his sponsor know on twitter.

But only do this if you're a butthurt little baby.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Double Bill posted:

Or you don't like public figures using derogatory slurs without any repercussions.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Double Bill posted:

If the tweet was "ur an rear end in a top hat" I'd agree with you but a line was crossed

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002

Super Rad posted:

... biggest manchild in a sea of manchildren ...

On that subject, whatever happened to that guy that made it into all the news sites last year for his enlightening words on harassment?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

DKWildz posted:

On that subject, whatever happened to that guy that made it into all the news sites last year for his enlightening words on harassment?

He's still chuggin' along but a lot of streamers won't let him do commentary for fear he'll say something offensive (he usually does)

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Double Bill posted:

You're serious, aren't you?

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I, for one, have always like Friendly Champ.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

J2DK posted:

I, for one, have always like Friendly Champ.

My first experience with him was buying a stick from him at Youmacon, and he was really cool about it so I've always been confused about people not liking him :shobon:

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I've definitely heard FChamp say "That's gay" a lot (not on twitter) - not sure why he's seeing so much praise all of a sudden

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Jmcrofts posted:

Nah callouts are pretty fun. If someone is gonna tweet some salty poo poo about how the dude who just beat them is terrible, they deserve whatever ribbing they get. The difference is Chris crossed a line by using an offensive slur.

It's not Mr. Wizard's job to be a PR Professional, it's his job to run EVO and he does a great job of it every year.

Mr. Wizard goes out of his way to be antagonistic to the east coast. I think a part of the reason VXG is getting so much east coast support is that people in the east coast scene are tired of dealing with an organization that blatantly does not favor them.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Finals day is live.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Super Rad posted:

I've definitely heard FChamp say "That's gay" a lot (not on twitter) - not sure why he's seeing so much praise all of a sudden

He actually does use a lot of derogatory terms. I don't know if it's conditioning or what but it seems like people don't hold him against it because they've come to expect this from such a polarizing personality of the FGC who's known for being an offensive rear end in a top hat. I've even see him on his own stream use the word "human being," but when Ricky is over he refrains from using it despite it still entering his mind.

I think it's just the train of continual gently caress-ups ChrisG's been riding lately that highlight anything he does wrong. Someone needs to give these guys some sensitivity training or something.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

HoneyBoy posted:

He actually does use a lot of derogatory terms. I don't know if it's conditioning or what but it seems like people don't hold him against it because they've come to expect this from such a polarizing personality of the FGC who's known for being an offensive rear end in a top hat. I've even see him on his own stream use the word "human being," but when Ricky is over he refrains from using it despite it still entering his mind.

I think it's just the train of continual gently caress-ups ChrisG's been riding lately that highlight anything he does wrong. Someone needs to give these guys some sensitivity training or something.

BUT THAT WOULD DESTROY THE SPIRIT OF THE FGC (note the "spirit" of the FGC is marginalizing minorities and women)

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
With the guy complaining about the PS3 having lag or whatever, I'm assuming they're using this bland stage just for that reason? I miss seeing all the stages.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DKWildz posted:

With the guy complaining about the PS3 having lag or whatever, I'm assuming they're using this bland stage just for that reason? I miss seeing all the stages.

Non-training stages cause severe slowdown on PS3 because Capcom is bad at making games.

E: In marvel 3 that is. It's not as bad in SF4.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Yeah it really sucks that there's no low-detail stages that have a bright background. Bonne Wonderland is the one true stage for clear, visible streams but (I guess) even such a simple stage has too much going on in the background for the poor PS3 version.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

Non-training stages cause severe slowdown on PS3 because Capcom is bad at making games.

E: In marvel 3 that is. It's not as bad in SF4.

I guess that does suck. I understand the complaint, on the other hand I kinda see it like how golf can and will change course designs to force you to be on your game.

Of course as we're posting this they chose a different stage. I guess if both players agree then it's cool?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
On a lighter note, Seth Killian is doing commentary. I love S-Kill on mic. Now, if only we could put Ultradavid there instead of Chen...

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

HKR posted:

BUT THAT WOULD DESTROY THE SPIRIT OF THE FGC (note the "spirit" of the FGC is marginalizing minorities and women)

Most of the people making these comments are racial minorities. Marginalizing minorities isn't really something the FGC is known for.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DKWildz posted:

I guess that does suck. I understand the complaint, on the other hand I kinda see it like how golf can and will change course designs to force you to be on your game.

I don't think that's really a good comparison.

Does anyone have the schedule for today?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Parallax Scroll posted:

Most of the people making these comments are racial minorities.

Gay people are, shockingly, a minority.

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

Super Rad posted:

Yeah it really sucks that there's no low-detail stages that have a bright background. Bonne Wonderland is the one true stage for clear, visible streams but (I guess) even such a simple stage has too much going on in the background for the poor PS3 version.

Couple of my friends are color blind and cannot see the game very well on any stage beyond Bonne Wonderland and SHIELD Airshow, heard a few others have the issue and that's the only solution for them, even on a 360 where it could play on every stage.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Super Rad posted:

Bonne Wonderland is generally lagless but some people would rather not risk it I guess.

E:

Parallax Scroll posted:

Most of the people making these comments are racial minorities. Marginalizing minorities isn't really something the FGC is known for.

Except women though.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

Yeah sorry a gay person (me) feels marginalized every time human being and gay are slung around as insults~

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Minorities using slurs against other minorities is no different than any one else using them. I say this as someone who belongs to a minority group and who has known too many flat out bigoted people who belong to minority groups.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, that Hsien/Marc set was just "gently caress footsies, I'm going in".

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Countblanc posted:

Does anyone have the schedule for today?

This was posted Friday. No idea if anything has changed since then.

iPodschun posted:

Times listed are Pacific.

SUNDAY*

TeamSp00ky
11 a.m.–1 p.m. Street Fighter 4 T16-T8
1–3 p.m. Marvel 3 T16-T8
3–5 p.m. Street Fighter x Tekken Finals
5–8 p.m. Street Fighter 4 Finals
8 p.m.–Close Marvel 3 Finals

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Man, that Hsien/Marc set was just "gently caress footsies, I'm going in".

SF4 incarnate.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Minorities using slurs against other minorities is no different than any one else using them. I say this as someone who belongs to a minority group and who has known too many flat out bigoted people who belong to minority groups.

I agree, it doesn't excuse their behavior.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Nate405 posted:

This was posted Friday. No idea if anything has changed since then.

NCR has surprisingly been running mostly on time and the longest delay I've seen so far has just been a hair shy of a half hour.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

Someone being a part of one minority doesn't mean that they can't marginalize other minorities. There are plenty of women who are racist or speak out against gays or any various combination of the above you want to say and gay-bashing don't know no race or gender limitations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Prefacing this - I KNOW I'm splitting hairs here but... women are not a minority.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Super Rad posted:

Prefacing this - I KNOW I'm splitting hairs here but... women are not a minority.

I'd say that in the FGC, they are.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Super Rad posted:

http://media.pfeiffer.edu/lridener/courses/womminor.html

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Super Rad posted:

When people say "minority" they do not mean "numerical minority".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Super Rad posted:

Minority does not just refer to pure numbers but also to social position. It usually referred to in full as "minority and women" (such as in the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion) but the two go hand-in-hand in almost every situation. Because they do not have equal representation they are considered a 'minority' as if you would refer to it when discussing votes/representation.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 28, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hey guys I hear there's a major tournament going on right now and I am super salty that Alex Valle just lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Bananamomochi on stream right now and his Ken is destroying Marq's Guy.

EDIT: tough break for Marq, stick was broken.

Dias fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 28, 2013