Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

belgend posted:

You're taking a penalty in one of the biggest matches of the season against your biggest rivals, scoring this gets you way close to the title, missing this will leave you at the whim of the other 5 clubs in the playoffs who are doing better than you. You better take this one something fierce.

Yanked down by the nipple, that's got to hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

one of the biggest matches of the season against your biggest rivals
Nah, mate.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

R. Mute posted:

Nah, mate.

Biggest relevant* rivals calimero

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

Biggest relevant* rivals calimero
You lost three players to barely scrape by Anderlecht and still only end up in third place with one match up, congrats.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

R. Mute posted:

You lost three players to barely scrape by Anderlecht and still only end up in third place with one match up, congrats.

Yeah but Anderlecht-Club is still a massive rivalry?? Idiot???

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

You're shifting the goalposts, which Kujovic will want to do once even Lokeren accidentally stumble through your paper defence to score ten goals

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Brilliant.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I look forward to these every year now. Hilarious as always.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Good lord do I love those videos, you just made my day :D

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Tzen posted:

I look forward to these every year now. Hilarious as always.

does a lot of stuff like this happen in the prem?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I was led to believe that Australian football is purely centered around ethnic violence. Very little was featured. B-

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I love those A-League videos, did so many proper lols at so many of those. Good soundtrack too which is odd for a football video

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
The dane Nicki Bille Jensen gets sent off, tears his shirt appart:

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
This is the best day of the year!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

That volley at 3:53 is hilarious.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Australians loving love getting hit in the balls imo

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Omg I love you, thank you for this boon.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

bootney_lee
Sep 10, 2009

Yesss. It's here. :getin:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGMRncDKrdY

I cry every time

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Homura posted:

does a lot of stuff like this happen in the prem?

The Premier League? No. Australian football is unbelievably bad

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

How?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRpix3Dknic

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

T. Finninho posted:

The Premier League? No. Australian football is unbelievably bad

I am pretty confident most football leagues outside of bundesliga, la liga, serie a and the EPL would be able to make a highlight video like that. The A league is no better or worse than league 1 quality football.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Speaking of Bale, saw this in the Standard just now and thought it funny

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

The way this is worded makes me think that everyone in Wales knows "Frank the Caretaker". Or that he's Frank, the Caretaker of Wales.

"Alright lad, I'm off to mow the grounds at Powis Castle, then fix that leak on Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. See you after training."

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Frank was the first man in Wales to receive satellite television.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

I am pretty confident most football leagues outside of bundesliga, la liga, serie a and the EPL would be able to make a highlight video like that. The A league is no better or worse than league 1 quality football.

When I think A-League, I think about Emile Heskey-cam. I feel like that's a pretty accurate summation of what they've got going on down under

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gareth bale, lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Springheel Jack posted:

Frank was the first man in Wales to receive satellite television.

:golfclap:

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

be nice wicka posted:

gareth bale, lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Do people on the streets in [insert Welsh town] actually speak that moon language?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

vickser posted:

Do people on the streets in [insert Welsh town] actually speak that moon language?
Not all of them but some do. I have relatives who speak Welsh as their first language

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Paperhouse posted:

Not all of them but some do. I have relatives who speak Welsh as their first language

My cousin's children are being taught at a bilingual school in Northern Wales and are tested in some subjects in Welsh. There are also some wild parts of north Wales where english isn't the recognised common language.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

vickser posted:

Yes of course

In other news,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjB23nAZo1o

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Considering his dad is Scottish, does Coates speak English well/at all?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vickser posted:

Not much in the cities, but in the more rural parts definitely.

I've got a GCSE in it but can barely speak a word now. Can sing the anthem but that's about it.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

vickser posted:

Yeah. Loads in North and West Wales. Not much around in the South, where the bigger cities are though. In Cardiff there are about 100 primary schools, with 15 being Welsh language.

Welsh speaking footballers: Joe Allen, Ben Davies, Owain Tudur-Jones, Owain Fon-Williams, Aaron Ramsey (although I don't think he gives Welsh interviews anymore, he's gotten pretty rusty since his school days). And Big John Hartson and Malcolm Allen are both Welsh language commentators/pundits on S4C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPa9TATumg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfxw4kK5EQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lh8joFUc90

The national rugby side has much more Welsh speakers. WWE superstar Mason Ryan is first language Welsh too.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Big Iwan Roberts is also a fluent Welsh speaker and did Welsh punditry for a while how dare you forget him atomic gog

• Locked thread