Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Jushin Liger hasn't missed wrestling for a month since August 1995, when he returned from an ankle injury.

This includes the time when he had surgery to remove a brain tumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ditch posted:

Jushin Liger hasn't missed wrestling for a month since August 1995, when he returned from an ankle injury.

This includes the time when he had surgery to remove a brain tumor.

This is implying Liger is human.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
No it was his second brain. His first brain was fine.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That ankle injury was "Sid breaking his leg" levels of :stonk:, too.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Haven't actually seen it. And with that description I can't say I plan to.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

It was in a tag w/him and Benoit against Hase and (I think) Mutoh. Possible :nms: description below:

He attempts a baseball slide in between Hase's legs and his ankle gets caught in the mat.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's him and Choshu vs Mutoh & Benoit. Main event at a really big venue no less.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

quote:

1. Ryu Gouma & SAGAT Vs Choun-Shiryu & Cao Zhang
2. Nazo Fukumen A, Nazo Fukumen M & Nazo Fukumen K (w/ Nazo Fukumen P) Vs Kengo Ohka, Madoka & Menso~re Oyaji
3. Aipoke World Title Decision – Idea Pocket Special 3 Way Match: FUMA Vs Sanshiro Takagi Vs Jun Kasai Vs Hiroshi Fukuda
4. Union Fly To Everywhere World Title – Triple Threat Match: Kaori Yoneyama (c) Vs Cherry Vs Nako Fukumen B
5. Special 6-Man Tag Team Match: Shuji Ishikawa, Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Daichi Kazato Vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Great Kojika & Hideyoshi Kamitani
6. DDT Extreme Title – TLC Falls Count Anywhere Street Fighter 2 Match: Kenny Omega (c) Vs Isami Kodaka

The stipulation for the DDT Extreme Title match has been decided. Isami Kodaka won the Extreme Title in a Tonkaichi, Ladders & Chairs Match against El Generico over a year ago. He wanted to face Kenny in the same match but with tables instead of the giant hammer. However since Kenny is a Street Fighter, a Falls Count Anywhere rule is now added to the match. Isami revealed he has learned the Kamehameha to counter Kenny’s Hadouken. He thinks the Hadouken has a fatal weakness that the Kamehameha does not possess. The ladder Isami wants to use is claimed to be 1.5 times higher than the type he usually uses in matches. It is a ladder high enough to poke the heavens.

Source

:catdrugs:

Golden Union should be fun this year. And "Fly to Anywhere" is still such a bizarre engrish name for a women's title.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The ladder is probably also a former 24-7 champion.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DDT is :catdrugs: in the best way possible.

I can't wait to see Isami's Kamehameha :allears:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

weekly font posted:

The ladder is probably also a former 24-7 champion.
Just because ladders look alike doesn't mean they're the same you racist :colbert:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Maybe he's got Big Show's Super Ladder.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Did you know DDT was uploading full matches to their NicoNico channel? I didn't. If you can find the instructions on how to sign up I recommend it to watch the videos in fullscreen, HD. I think they might even have an English version of the website now!
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/ddtpro/video

Here's a match between the Golden Lovers vs Danshoku Dino & Makoto Oishi Dino might be the only straight guy in that ring.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1365540626

Needless to say it's :nws: and also people chant "We want rear end in a top hat" when Dino takes his thong off.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 30, 2013

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://noah.co.jp/imgs/newsimg/130430_03.jpg

You can question his fashion sense... but probably best not to do so to his face.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

You can question his fashion sense... but probably best not to do so to his face.

Is that Shibata with him? Whats up with this picture?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
They were Team Takeover back before Shibata went off to do MMA; I don't recall if Takeover was before, after or concurrent with his time in Big Mouth Loud and UWAI Station.

(BML collapsed after promoter/booker Fumihiko Uei split with wrestler Kazunari Murakami and Shibata went freelancer, but Shibata was apparently still managed by Uei who started up said UWAI Station promotion -- it only ran eight shows and apparently Shibata split with Uei even before that to go MMA full-time.)

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Ditch posted:

GHC Champion Von Miller.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chortles posted:

They were Team Takeover back before Shibata went off to do MMA; I don't recall if Takeover was before, after or concurrent with his time in Big Mouth Loud and UWAI Station.

(BML collapsed after promoter/booker Fumihiko Uei split with wrestler Kazunari Murakami and Shibata went freelancer, but Shibata was apparently still managed by Uei who started up said UWAI Station promotion -- it only ran eight shows and apparently Shibata split with Uei even before that to go MMA full-time.)

Oh I thought KENTA was teaming up with Laughter7 for something in NJPW.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The two of them are supposedly BFFs.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://piledriver.jp/shopdetail/001005000028/order/

This Japanese merch site was linked to in the NJPW thread, and I was wondering if anyone could explain this t-shirt or if that's even possible. I think it's for DDT Pro wrestler Hikaru Sato. I'm not even sure what the word after good-bye is supposed to be.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Thauros posted:

http://piledriver.jp/shopdetail/001005000028/order/

This Japanese merch site was linked to in the NJPW thread, and I was wondering if anyone could explain this t-shirt or if that's even possible. I think it's for DDT Pro wrestler Hikaru Sato. I'm not even sure what the word after good-bye is supposed to be.
Yes, it is for Hikaru Sato. No, I can't explain it. Dude wears cat ears in pro MMA fights and wrestles in a maid outfit.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Looks pretty clearly like "dear" to me...not that that makes it make any more sense.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

mactheknife posted:

Looks pretty clearly like "dear" to me...not that that makes it make any more sense.

It's DDT, I don't really expect any of it to make sense.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, guess I should've figured there would be no more of a rational explanation behind it than any of the multitude of Japanese t-shirts with bizarre usage of English that have have gently caress all to do with wrestling.

I'd love to see a picture high res enough to read the back.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

Yeah, guess I should've figured there would be no more of a rational explanation behind it than any of the multitude of Japanese t-shirts with bizarre usage of English that have have gently caress all to do with wrestling.

it's the equivalent to American silk shirts with random kanji written on them. It's making use of the language as a visual component, and it happens a lot here. It kind of takes something special to perk my ears up now after a couple years here.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
I can tell you that the front is a parody of the Golgo 13 logo, which is one of the longest-running Japanese comic books. It's a comic for middle-aged men about a stone-cold professional sniper assassin. I posted some threads about it in ADTRW years ago that have since been updated.

The actual logo is of a skeleton holding a revolver while wearing a crown of thorns ("Golgo 13" sounding similar to "Golgotha")', so naked catgirl in a crown of thorns saying "5" might just be some sort of weird pun with the guy's name.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kenta Kobashi's career is over :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MassRanTer posted:

Kenta Kobashi's career is over :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kobashi is incredible, he chopped cancer into submission and now he can finally retire to a quiet life. :unsmith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Goodbye, Kobashi. You've given us hundreds of amazing matches, and I hope you can retire in peace. And if not, he'll just cave someone's sternum in with a single chop.

:unsmith:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 11, 2013

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The match is up here.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm watching the morning TV show here, apparently the host even went privately (he'd called matches as a guest before and received a chop from Kobashi on a show). It looks like the crowd was ENORMOUS, plus they had showings in movie theaters in 15 or so spots around the country. This is the most I've ever seen about wrestling on one of these TV shows since I've been in Japan.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
gently caress, that's a lot of people. A sign of true greatness is when you've been on the shelf that long, come back to say goodbye, and people still make it into a huge event.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVHGPdrEYI

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I know that retirement matches usually aren't "canon" or whatever, but I wish they mixed the teams up a bit more so it wasn't a bunch of old dudes going over a bunch of young dudes including the champ.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlpgULnBmnE

Hansen sells so well. They're both amazing workers. But then again, when you work as stiff as they do maybe it isn't so hard to sell well. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJs1vevNAg

This is the match that Alvarez rated as "Beyond five stars"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3KYsHPDmzU

The five star ring of honor match, that was as Meltzer put it "a bunch of dudes who'd spent their whole life watching Kenta Kobashi wrestle on VHS finally seeing him live in person."

Anyway, those are just some of the matches I associate with him. That Hansen match was the first "great" match I'd ever seen.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think Kobashi/Misawa from 03 is one of my, if not my number one all-time favorite match.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALyg-EhxbgI

6/9/95 Greatest Match of All Time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If anyone is up for Kobashi right now I'm going to show Kobashi vs Vader, then TNA then more Kobashi vs Vader here: http://sync.coconono.org/r/greatestnitroinhistoryofoursport at 10:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

I think Kobashi/Misawa from 03 is one of my, if not my number one all-time favorite match.

They totally showed the Tiger Suplex off the ramp onto the floor spot during the five-minute morning news segment I saw this morning. Commentary was "HE DIED! HE DIED!"