Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Friend of mine is shooting photos of this today. First one in the US.

I hate the Juke, but I'd drive the hell out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

I hear the dad actually got arrested over this.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I would totally do this.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Saw Godzilla yesterday

(not actual picture)

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

They were filming some car commercial outside my work today. Got a picture of the camera rig on the Porsche Cayenne

I think it might have been for the new Impala? Boring looking car.

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009

c355n4 posted:

They were filming some car commercial outside my work today. Got a picture of the camera rig on the Porsche Cayenne

I think it might have been for the new Impala? Boring looking car.

That's actually the new Chevrolet SS. Kind of boring and subdued looking, but its a RWD Chevy with a V8, basically an updated G8 GXP, so it should hopefully be a fantastic car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Saw a Polestar edition C30. The color in these pics is pretty accurate:

This was an automatic. Let's just overlook that:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

iv46vi posted:

Aus approach to maintenance is an honest one:

In a similar vein:

Sticks like poo poo ! !

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nice, always liked Porsches more when they were fitted for dirt.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

KozmoNaut posted:

I would totally do this.

When I was in college the key to my town car decided to snap off about 2/3 into the ignition. I just used a flathead screwdriver to start it from then on. It's as cool as it sounds.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Vigo327 posted:

Did you take that picture? I know exactly where that dealership is in my city.

Low production/custom coachwork might be a stretch for this one, but hey. I have to post a pic.

In this vein:

That's a late '60s, early '70s Olds Toronado with a trailer grafted on. At least with a 425 or 455, it'll actually haul whatever you want. There's also an actual frame to graft the trailer to.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

mattmofob
May 2, 2005

DUCK
Lancia D50

mattmofob fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 2, 2013

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tissier:

Not Tissier, but relevant:

gently caress it, Double Tissier:

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 2, 2013

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010
The Honda plant in Alabama has a racing team. That Honda plant builds J series V6s and Honda Odysseys and Ridgelines.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lord Gaga posted:

The Honda plant in Alabama has a racing team. That Honda plant builds J series V6s and Honda Odysseys and Ridgelines.

To me, this is the most exciting new Honda. So, so sad.
I'd rather have this though:

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
First stance'd PI I've seen - I assume it has airbags?

Boss took the Viper in today:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

madeintaipei posted:

Tissier Citroëns.

Goddammit, now I want a huge-rear end Citroën.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

Goddammit, now I want a huge-rear end Citroën.

That's right you do! I can't imagine I'll ever see one in the States. Let me live vicariously through you :).
Tissier's were used in Africa to transport Alouette helocopters! I think these were used to cover Dakar.
Nope, Rallye d'Algérie. Oh, those windowless vans? Express newspaper delivery vehicles! :awesome:.

Oh, I found on that's actually a roll-back!

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 2, 2013

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Rodimus?

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Oh cool, I've actually been here. It's a place in Berlin called Classic Remise. It's a bunch of working uh, workshops in one big warehouse. They also have a bunch of climate controlled glass boxes. Apparently the boxes cheap-ish to rent (considering what's in them), but people can just wander in and check them out.

Here's some photos I took. Sorry they're so small, I got these off my travel blog and the originals are on another computer.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

RB26DESTT...?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It'd be RB26DETTR or RB26DERTT

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

This probably belongs with the rest of the silly looking citroens

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

sadnessboner posted:

This probably belongs with the rest of the silly looking citroens

Is that the one they used for testing aeroplane tyres or something? A big wheel in the middle of the back section. Or was it another similarly coloured one?

Not so sure about the face the lady is pulling But I do love that photo.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

A Gallardo and a Stratos had a baby?

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

AirRaid posted:

A Gallardo and a Stratos had a baby?
I was going to say that it's just the "new stratos" that some guy made out of the F430 (I think 10 were made)... but actually that picture looks different from the production version. Maybe it's a concept?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/lancia-stratos-official-images-released-23441.html

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
At the indie bimmer shop in town...

So not for sale, as far as I can tell, guy wasn't around.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

In the Magpul booth at the NRA show. Sorry for the terrible cell phone picture.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
So I saw a thing today:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Here in AI we've talked a bunch about car collectors like Jay Leno and their awesome collections. One guy I've never heard a mention about, though, is George Poteet. A very humble, self made man, he's pretty famous on the custom car circuit here in America, and has been for the better part of three decades. If there's an award for custom cars, he's won it. He's helped create famous shops like Rad Rides by Troy, he usually has multiple cars under construction at any one time. When he has a car built, he generally says "I want X car, here's a blank check and you build it the way you want. I trust you", which is an awesome way to operate since custom cars are works of art and it's best to let an artist have free reign. Oh and he's set multiple records at Bonneville. I'll give you guys a taste of his immense car collection, but you all should dive in and check out more if you like these.

Here's a pretty good Hot Rod Magazine article giving you a bit more of his background. The guy is one of my inspirations. It's one thing to have millions of dollars and collect cars, but another thing entirely to fund multiple unknown shops simultaneously, often by giving his total trust to their vision instead of his. He has great taste in cars and knows when to let an artist create rolling sculptures without getting in the way.

The Bonneville thing is just icing on the cake, he could easily hire a driver and set records as an owner, but the guy has personally driven the Speed Demon streamliner over 400 miles an hour.

In fact, he has more runs over 400 miles an hour than anyone in Bonneville history.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

I would totally do this.

Good luck explaining that poo poo to the officer if you get pulled over.
You're asking to get arrested.

This isn't a stock photo, it is a photo in Autotrader. I wish I could photograph cars like this.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

b0nes posted:

Good luck explaining that poo poo to the officer if you get pulled over.

I'm pretty sure "here's my license and registration" will do the trick

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Filthy Luker posted:

So I saw a thing today:

:stare: I don't know if I love it or hate it.

I couldn't decide whether this belonged in horrible mechanical failures or here. Since there's no detailed pics of the engine parts, I'm going with here.

Apparently bits of the engine actually burst the sidewall of one tire. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rQZaR8M0XJ0

Backstory: http://bangshift.com/blog/video-one-of-the-most-violent-flaming-engine-explosions-we-have-ever-seen-parts-everywhere.html

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

kastein posted:

:stare: I don't know if I love it or hate it.

I couldn't decide whether this belonged in horrible mechanical failures or here. Since there's no detailed pics of the engine parts, I'm going with here.

Apparently bits of the engine actually burst the sidewall of one tire. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rQZaR8M0XJ0

Backstory: http://bangshift.com/blog/video-one-of-the-most-violent-flaming-engine-explosions-we-have-ever-seen-parts-everywhere.html

As much as I hate seeing someone's expensive engine blow up, that guy deserved it. I can't think of a dumber display of power than truck tug of war. At least put slicks on so we can see some real damage.

Have a picture.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Was watching Season 2 of Quincy, M.E. today and came across this jewel:

:stare: what appears to be a Cadillac Eldorado Station Wagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall