Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Really? I thought I had mine up there. Oh well, I'll put it up when I get home; I have a good A-class tune on it.

Also, if there are any other unicorns not up there that anyone wants, lemme know and I'll put them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Speaking of AUGR, what's the spec tonight?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
So which group of jerks is doing what today and when?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I thought there was a GT-R in the garage too. It's an A-class tune that totally rocks, albeit with no brakes to speak of.

As far as the tune you get when it's gifted to you, I'm pretty sure it's just any unicorn you're gifted is stock. It just says it has a tune for some reason.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I've got obligations tomorrow evening so I will not be able to host any racing.

Also, Sh1gMan and FamousTable816, who are you?

Sh1gMan is my gamertag, sorry for not rogering up, there was nothing in the OP about who to contact before doing anything. I added myself to the goon spreadsheet, I don't have a wheel or anything because I really don't have anywhere to put it, so you have another controller using idiot to mock relentlessly about not being able to race.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 1, 2013

Jizznastics
Apr 1, 2012
irritating
Good news, my internet is fixed now I can race you goons :)

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

Sh1gMan is my gamertag, sorry for not rogering up, there was nothing in the OP about who to contact before doing anything. I added myself to the goon spreadsheet, I don't have a wheel or anything because I really don't have anywhere to put it, so you have another controller using idiot to mock relentlessly about not being able to race.

Cool, ill get you added this evening. The club hovers at 99 members so I just like to confirm that join requests are from Goons and not random people on XBL. No shame in using a controller either, I use one and most of the other fast people I know do too.

Tonight I'm watching basketball, but I will try out hosting some racing on Thursday night. I'm going to just try running a random track/class lobby in place of a designated spec to see if that draws more interest.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cool, ill get you added this evening. The club hovers at 99 members so I just like to confirm that join requests are from Goons and not random people on XBL. No shame in using a controller either, I use one and most of the other fast people I know do too.

Tonight I'm watching basketball, but I will try out hosting some racing on Thursday night. I'm going to just try running a random track/class lobby in place of a designated spec to see if that draws more interest.

Yeah I don't have too much in the way of accomplishments in this game, playing it solo is kinda dry (I burned out for like 5 months) after the 15th time you've done a race in World Tour mode, and I just got XBL, so my driver level is pitifully low for someone who pre-ordered Forza 4.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Could someone kindly add the BMW M3 GTR to the AUGR garage, thank you!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh whoops, forgot about that :sweatdrop:

It's up now. I also put my NSX-R GT up as well, and I'll start working on setups for a few other unicorns, since there are no other unicorns in the club garage. If there are any in particular that people want up there, lemme know and I'll prioritize them.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 2, 2013

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Thanks! I'm going to use them both right now online in ABC'S. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if as many unicorns as possible were in the garage. I think I have two: '69 Camaro 'SS for beating Rampage and the Spirit RX-7.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seymour Butts posted:

Thanks! I'm going to use them both right now online in ABC'S. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if as many unicorns as possible were in the garage. I think I have two: '69 Camaro 'SS for beating Rampage and the Spirit RX-7.

How does the club garage work? Do the cars remain in the garage and people can use them in races? Or do they dissapear or something? I have a 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale I would be willing to put in the garage, but I haven't tuned it or anything, didn't know if the tuning on unicorns was special or something.

Edit: God dammit, bronies get into everything, they even painted up a 360 CS with a pony paintjob. :negative:

2E: Trip report, put 35 miles on the 360CS, and I had no idea how much faster manual w/clutch makes you :eyepop: the last race I did I beat the 2nd place finisher by 18 seconds, and I was 80 PP lower than him. Must have something to do with the way the no clutch manual deals with engaging the clutch, because it only takes a person with a controller ~.07 seconds to engage the clutch to change the gear, similar to a dual clutch sequential setup IRL.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 3, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When you share your car in the club garage, you are sharing a snapshot of how your car is set up right now. It makes a copy and puts it up for people to be able to run as is. You keep your original and can make changes to it without affecting the one in the garage. You have the option of going back into the garage and updating the shared one with what you have now.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

Edit: God dammit, bronies get into everything, they even painted up a 360 CS with a pony paintjob. :negative:
They're bronies, but some of them make some pretty good car designs:
http://efmspotterguides.blogspot.com/p/elmes-spotter-guide-with-team-info.html

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bentai posted:

Nothing a subdued and believable as that(if you didn't tell me those dudes were bronies, it would have definitely taken me a minute to deduce that), it had the pink pony whoever that is plastered all over a 360CS, with MLP logos on it.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Oh, yeaaah. That's pretty bad.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Bentai posted:

Why must everything be ponies?

Why isn't there any good tank liveries? :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Today T10 gifted everyone a Scion FR-S.

*edit*
As long as you own the August Playseat DLC.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bentai posted:

Today T10 gifted everyone a Scion FR-S.

*edit*
As long as you own the August Playseat DLC.

drat that thing is slidey as hell, it is so easy to exceed peak grip on those skinny little Prius tires they slap on the FR-S. Great for sliding around corners with style though, the power is nice, even and predictable, no surprises when you get on the gas.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Out of the blue for some reason I felt compelled to paint a 599XX:

siig fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 5, 2013

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I really wish I had more unlocked logos, those things look great faded out like that.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

siig posted:

Out of the blue for some reason I felt compelled to paint a 599XX:

I really like that car and I like that paint, but if I may be so bold as to offer some advice, I'd swap out that yellow for something else, it dosent seem to go with the rest of the car.

also showing off this one, though my car was horribly uncompetative

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 4, 2013

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Can somebody gift me locked logos? I've been banned from storefront.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

juche mane posted:

Can somebody gift me locked logos? I've been banned from storefront.

Locked logos cannot be gifted if thats what you mean?

Jizznastics
Apr 1, 2012
irritating
yea, we got ban for like no reason. We had a vandura that said free phyiscals on it.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Or, rather unlocked. Sorry. I don't know. Just anything more than the pitiful assortment of manufacturer logos that come with the game.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

This man needs the GTCC truck, stat!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jizznastics posted:

yea, we got ban for like no reason. We had a vandura that said free phyiscals on it.

mine says free candy

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Is it just me or is there no damage in quick race?

Sometimes I just want to gently caress up the cars while going in circles around Brickyard. I turned damage on from HUD and have all assists off.

Shifting into 1st gear from top speed? Car is still pristine. Walling the thing at 180 mph? Minor cosmetic damage. Giving half the grid the Pastor Maldonado treatment? Cosmetic damage only.

No tyre wear either.

Is the option for career mode style damage in quick race hidden somewhere or do I need to do some trickery like create a private online lobby?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The options for multiplayer and career/testing are separate. I don't know if you can do it in quick race.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Are we racing tonight?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

speedtek posted:

Are we racing tonight?
I'm not...2 people aside from myself showed up last week. Also watching basketball tonight.

And I am going to beat all of you in Rivals Classic #5 :madmax:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm not...2 people aside from myself showed up last week. Also watching basketball tonight.

And I am going to beat all of you in Rivals Classic #5 :madmax:

When are our usual racing days, that way I know when to show up?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Tuesdays

I didn't show up tonight because I had a poo poo day at work and a friend took me to this place (:nws:) to cheer me up.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Kilonum posted:

Tuesdays

I didn't show up tonight because I had a poo poo day at work and a friend took me to this place (:nws:) to cheer me up.

I've been there. So I see your night was just as lovely as your day.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

:siren::siren::siren:
Want another free unicorn? Post a lap time for the Forza Live Challenge #9 before 1pm Pacific tomorrow (5/9), and vote at http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/6105648.aspx for the car you want.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Bentai posted:

Want another free unicorn? Post a lap time for the Forza Live Challenge #9 before 1pm Pacific tomorrow (5/9), and vote at http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/6105648.aspx for the car you want.
This will get me the Mine's R32 and complete my set of Unicorns, thanks for the heads up.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Bentai posted:

I didn't know what car to vote for because I haven't been racing, but thanks to you I have the Unicorn Impreza headed my way. You have my thanks as well.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Is it wrong that I didn't even try to go through the gates properly, knowing that I only needed to set a time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kilonum posted:

Is it wrong that I didn't even try to go through the gates properly, knowing that I only needed to set a time?

Not at all, I hope they keep giving unicorns out like this :D

• Locked thread