Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I have a question for Arenovalis or Naky (or anyone really) regarding New Vegas models.

I recently grabbed a model from NV that I want to add to Stalker. However I immediately noticed that the scale of the model in New Vegas is WAY bigger than the average Stalker model (importing a set of joints a Stalker weapon uses shows up as microscopic in comparison to the model).

Approximately what scale reduction should I be using for converted models?

NV content:
Very nice 9A-91 Arenovalis :)

I've played way too much New Vegas but with some of the newer mods that are out I think it's time to reinstall it and play it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
I just installed Project: Nevada and I just wanted to check if there was anything I should know about running it alongside JSawyer. Is there a particular load priority I should have set up for them?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Frankosity posted:

I just installed Project: Nevada and I just wanted to check if there was anything I should know about running it alongside JSawyer. Is there a particular load priority I should have set up for them?

Don't use the rebalance module.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Swartz posted:

I have a question for Arenovalis or Naky (or anyone really) regarding New Vegas models.

I recently grabbed a model from NV that I want to add to Stalker. However I immediately noticed that the scale of the model in New Vegas is WAY bigger than the average Stalker model (importing a set of joints a Stalker weapon uses shows up as microscopic in comparison to the model).

Approximately what scale reduction should I be using for converted models?

NV content:
Very nice 9A-91 Arenovalis :)

I've played way too much New Vegas but with some of the newer mods that are out I think it's time to reinstall it and play it again.

Gonna be hard to just give you a number. Basically what I do when he hands me a gun is import an existing weapon already done and sized properly and rotate/scale/move it to approximately the size of the other weapon. After that I line up the gun for easier iron sighting, separate the animated bits and export. Then if it requires a little more scaling or resizing, it can all be tweaked in Nifskope.

Millenia wrote a tutorial on how to import a weapon into SHoC on Gamebanana a few months ago if you were interested in watching it IIRC.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

Gonna be hard to just give you a number. Basically what I do when he hands me a gun is import an existing weapon already done and sized properly and rotate/scale/move it to approximately the size of the other weapon. After that I line up the gun for easier iron sighting, separate the animated bits and export. Then if it requires a little more scaling or resizing, it can all be tweaked in Nifskope.

Millenia wrote a tutorial on how to import a weapon into SHoC on Gamebanana a few months ago if you were interested in watching it IIRC.

Thanks.

I managed to get the model I wanted down to a reasonable scale, but the scope blocks half the drat screen (it's this model: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49378 ).
Unfortunately textures don't look as good in Stalker for some reason, so I'll have to mess around with the textures to make it look okay.

I forgot that he did some Gamebanana tuts. I'm watching the New Vegas one now since it may talk about resizing, if not I'll watch the Stalker weapon one.

*Edit*
The Stalker one gets into scaling right away. I'm dumb for not doing it that way :P
Thanks Naky and Millenia/Arenovalis :)

Swartz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 2, 2013

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I know it's cheating, but I seriously can't play through the game without the underwater hideout anymore. It's too awesome and the emergent game challenge of filling every slot on the weapons wall and dressing the mannequins in every faction's top armor is too much fun.

Lombard Station (in the OP) has most of the same stuff.

Anyhow, I had an idea for a mod, and I wanted to bounce it off you fine folks before I did it:

Old People Perks!

Anyhow, with various mods (Including SHaM in the OP) making the Middle-Age/Old Perks available, I was thinking of making some traits/perks that supported them. These are a few of my ideas, I was wondering if anyone else here had some:

I've Forgotten More Than You'll Ever Learn
All skills would be considered 5 higher for the purposes of dialogue checks.

Veteran Trooper/Veteran Legionarie
Would give a bonus to Guns (Trooper) or Melee (Legionarie) as well as faction rep at the start of the game, but endurance would be -1 due to old war wounds.

Shell-Shock
Not sure how I want this one to play, I was thinking something along the lines of MGS4 when you kill a bunch of soldiers you start having flashbacks and stuff.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

Gyshall posted:

Don't use the rebalance module.

Noted. Is there any clashing perk-wise that would have me wanting to have one mod override the other?

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Shell-Shock
Not sure how I want this one to play, I was thinking something along the lines of MGS4 when you kill a bunch of soldiers you start having flashbacks and stuff.
A great way to handle this one would be giving you stat boosts while in combat (old reflexes kicking in, etc.), but getting major debuffs after finishing the enemies (a kind of "oh my god, I'm a monster, I swore I wouldn't kill anymore" mental breakdown) that would last a while.

Or just have your screen flash white every once in a while when in combat, I guess. I don't think flashbacks would be doable in Gamebryo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
After the fighting finishes, you should have your character just talk to them self with over the top broken veteran dialogue cribbed from pop culture.

Then your character model gets rag dolled and teleported to a nearby bar or motel bathroom floor and the time is advanced by two weeks.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://www.newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50184/

Released a Colt 1911, also comes with an optional replacer .esp for the Honest Hearts .45 pistol.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arenovalis posted:

http://www.newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50184/

Released a Colt 1911, also comes with an optional replacer .esp for the Honest Hearts .45 pistol.

:stonk: That is gorgeous.

Could you do a version with tranq darts so I can be all "Solid Snake" and poo poo?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The various tranq guns of MGS, aren't 1911s though. The custom 1911 from Snake Eater and Guns of the Patriots fires normal .45ACP ammo. If you are looking for the tranq gun, you want a navy customization of a Smith&Wesson Model 39 called Mark-22 Mod0 "Hush Puppy".

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

M.Ciaster posted:

A great way to handle this one would be giving you stat boosts while in combat (old reflexes kicking in, etc.), but getting major debuffs after finishing the enemies (a kind of "oh my god, I'm a monster, I swore I wouldn't kill anymore" mental breakdown) that would last a while.

Or just have your screen flash white every once in a while when in combat, I guess. I don't think flashbacks would be doable in Gamebryo.

This, also it makes sense as a trait more than a perk. Something that is both a bonus and a curse. It could also simply up combat skills by a predetermined amount, and drop social skills as a result of PTSD.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

AnarkiJ posted:

This, also it makes sense as a trait more than a perk. Something that is both a bonus and a curse. It could also simply up combat skills by a predetermined amount, and drop social skills as a result of PTSD.

Yeah I noticed most of those would be traits rather than perks. Anyhow, I can't believe I left this one out:

Gettin' Too Old For This Crap
Would buff you when certain combat conditions were met (outnumbered, overmatched.)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Like Ed-E's combat music, every combat sequence will begin with a low-quality clip of Danny Glover's "I'm getting too old for this poo poo."

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Infected posted:

The various tranq guns of MGS, aren't 1911s though. The custom 1911 from Snake Eater and Guns of the Patriots fires normal .45ACP ammo. If you are looking for the tranq gun, you want a navy customization of a Smith&Wesson Model 39 called Mark-22 Mod0 "Hush Puppy".

Would be cool to do a Mark-22 at some point.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
All I know is I need a FAL.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Capn Beeb posted:

I'd just like to go ahead and second this.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Has anyone been able to get around the Steam "Application load error 3:0000065432" issue using FNV4GB with NVSE?

I get that error running all the exe's in Win7 compatibility mode; without compatibility mode I get a progress bar for a few seconds then nothing.

I've tried everything, Steam off, Steam on, first running via the launcher, etc. Weird thing is - the Nexus thread says to post the output from the log, which is supposed to be in Documents/My Games/FalloutNV, but it doesn't get created for me.

Any suggestions? With mods the game slows down very quickly without the 4GB patch.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Capn Beeb posted:

There's already a pretty big FAL mod on the Nexus, but I've never tried it myself.

edit: linky

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Has anyone been able to get around the Steam "Application load error 3:0000065432" issue using FNV4GB with NVSE?

I get that error running all the exe's in Win7 compatibility mode; without compatibility mode I get a progress bar for a few seconds then nothing.

I've tried everything, Steam off, Steam on, first running via the launcher, etc. Weird thing is - the Nexus thread says to post the output from the log, which is supposed to be in Documents/My Games/FalloutNV, but it doesn't get created for me.

Any suggestions? With mods the game slows down very quickly without the 4GB patch.

Skyrim4GB is compatible with both Windows 8 AND Fallout: New Vegas.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Skyrim4GB is compatible with both Windows 8 AND Fallout: New Vegas.

Thanks, turned out I wasn't using the recommended version of FNV4GB so I tried that and it worked.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hey, is there a way to get rid of that metro helmet in the low profile armor mod? I like it, but it tends to clip with the NCR facemasks. I tried simply removing it with fnvedit but then the mod would refuse to load.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lord Lambeth posted:

Hey, is there a way to get rid of that metro helmet in the low profile armor mod? I like it, but it tends to clip with the NCR facemasks. I tried simply removing it with fnvedit but then the mod would refuse to load.

I don't think you can remove it in an existing save, since the mod uses a script to add the armors to leveled lists (which seems to have an irreversible effect). If you want a more or less permanent solution for future playthroughs, you can remove the section of the script that adds the helmet to its relevant lists. The mesh and textures and stats will still be in the mod, but the helmet won't actually be added to the game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

StandardVC10 posted:

There's already a pretty big FAL mod on the Nexus, but I've never tried it myself.

edit: linky

One without all the bloat would be nice :shobon:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Capn Beeb posted:

One without all the bloat would be nice :shobon:

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure you knew. :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
It's all good, FALs for everyone! :glomp:

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
2 Questions:

First, I want to go about making an eggshell blue outfit akin to Arino's outfit in Gamecenter CX. How would I go about manipulating that in GECK?

Second, what is the overall opinion on the Nexus Mod Manager?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Daionus the 23rd posted:

2 Questions:

First, I want to go about making an eggshell blue outfit akin to Arino's outfit in Gamecenter CX. How would I go about manipulating that in GECK?

Second, what is the overall opinion on the Nexus Mod Manager?

To answer your second question, NMM is horrible loving garbage and you should keep it away from your computer as much as possible. Use the Fallout Mod Manager for 3/NV.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

With the Project Nevada SPECIAL boosts, are they equipment-based bonuses or do they count towards perk requirements as they did in vanilla New Vegas? If the former, does the Logic Co-Processor affect your skillpoints per level?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It isn't terrible garbage (For a long time it worked for me when FOMM wouldn't). However, I would in no way recommend it instead of FOMM except in VERY specific cases.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Another question: How do I know if things like NVSE and NV4GB are working?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw what to do in the OP.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Mod Organizer work well with FNV? Or should I stick with FOMM?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Frankosity posted:

With the Project Nevada SPECIAL boosts, are they equipment-based bonuses or do they count towards perk requirements as they did in vanilla New Vegas? If the former, does the Logic Co-Processor affect your skillpoints per level?

They count, just like vanilla. You get the skill points too.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly how the FXAA injector works. I can see a visual difference, but I have no idea what the AA settings are doing. Do I want to disable the ingame AA and leave FXAA to do the job or does it supplement the existing settings?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Frankosity posted:

I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly how the FXAA injector works. I can see a visual difference, but I have no idea what the AA settings are doing. Do I want to disable the ingame AA and leave FXAA to do the job or does it supplement the existing settings?

Disable in game AA, as I'm pretty sure it breaks the FXAA injector.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

Mod Organizer work well with FNV? Or should I stick with FOMM?
MO works fine with FNV.
That said, I'd really only recommend switching over to MO if you're planning on reinstalling F:NV.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

Giggily posted:

Disable in game AA, as I'm pretty sure it breaks the FXAA injector.

I think I may have installed something wrong, then, unless the 8x ingame AA beats the FXAA program. I'm definitely getting smoother visuals using the ingame AA, unless there's other conflicts I need to be correcting? I moved all the files and the folder marked "injFX_Shaders" to my main NV folder. Is there something I'm overlooking?

E: VVV Yeah, fair enough, the framerate difference is pretty astounding. I'll just have to get used to it.

Zeerust fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 10, 2013

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
You should prefer the FXAA AA purely for performance reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Raygereio posted:

MO works fine with FNV.
That said, I'd really only recommend switching over to MO if you're planning on reinstalling F:NV.

Doing exactly that :haw: thanks.