Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Looking to see what's up with the Gabe/F4W board situation now...

Apparently the original thread got locked cause one dude posted Gabe's address, found in the white pages.

Some posters feel it's a conspiracy, that the thread was locked to protect Gabe.

Alvarez says: "Of everyone in this thread, one person would be able to determine whether or not fredgarvin is Gabe.

That one person is me, since I have access to all accounts, PayPal payment details, IP addresses, etc.

Fredgarvin is not Gabe.

Starting a thread with that accusation and zero evidence to back it up is idiotic. The thread growing into one where people are posting Gabe's personal information is even more idiotic. Claiming that locking and/or deleting that thread or posts in that thread is proof that fredgarvin is, in fact, Gabe, is After Dark-level conspiracy nut idiotic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Also being obsessive internet detectives about it is lame and these guys really need better hobbies.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I Before E posted:

MRT is wrong about Dr. Doom Cody, because Dr. Doom Cody owns.

He sure does!

This was the first Ten Count I've listened to and it's a delight. I was cracking up at you guys just repeatedly saying "it's the WALL BROTHER". I could've been happy with an hour of just that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

flashy_mcflash posted:

He sure does!

This was the first Ten Count I've listened to and it's a delight. I was cracking up at you guys just repeatedly saying "it's the WALL BROTHER". I could've been happy with an hour of just that.

Was it the Wicked Wall?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzj4DXHYE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Was it the Wicked Wall?

Spidey Super Stories Spider-Man is still less stupid than Newspaper Spider-Man.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

Was it the Wicked Wall?

Didn't Spidey deal with this fella on the Electric Company once?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Perigryn posted:

Didn't Spidey deal with this fella on the Electric Company once?

Spidey Super Stories is based on the Electric Company bits, so probably.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Endless Mike posted:

Spidey Super Stories is based on the Electric Company bits, so probably.

That issue was also written by Joss Whedon's dad, and the comic was based off the Electric Company episode.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So on the Ten Count Hulkamatt talked about Prince Devitt and how amazing he is.

And this week's guest on the Art of Wrestling is Prince Devitt :v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shogunate posted:

So on the Ten Count Hulkamatt talked about Prince Devitt and how amazing he is.

And this week's guest on the Art of Wrestling is Prince Devitt :v:

Hulkamatt = Colt Cabana #askquestions

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

That issue was also written by Joss Whedon's dad, and the comic was based off the Electric Company episode.
If Marvel did an SSS Omnibus I would buy it in an instant.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

The Bryan & Vinny Show - "They had a show. It was fine."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I was going to submit The Bryan & Vinny Show - "Where the wrestling's made up and the hosts don't care" but that's way better.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I was trawling some archives and I gotta know, who is Oliver?

Sir Oliver Humperdinck? Did he take the secret to his grave?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Cardboard Box posted:

This was probably my favorite (and that includes the one that I myself submitted). I realized as I was listening that "Bryan and Vinny: Dare to BEEEEEE" would have been a fine submission but oh well.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

your submission was one of the better ones, too, though I would've liked it more without the "and also granny" part honestly.

most of the submissions real bad though, god. like "how the hell did they ever think this was good" bad.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Arbite posted:

I was trawling some archives and I gotta know, who is Oliver?

Sir Oliver Humperdinck? Did he take the secret to his grave?

Oliver Copp

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"Bryan and Vinny Show: The Gold Boat"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Karmine posted:

This was probably my favorite (and that includes the one that I myself submitted). I realized as I was listening that "Bryan and Vinny: Dare to BEEEEEE" would have been a fine submission but oh well.

As funny as Vince making that sound in clipped form is, I still love the actual segment more. "When he hit the ropes: BEEEEE! When he sold a chop, BEEEE!"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Perigryn posted:

A boat... made of gold.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LividLiquid posted:

A boat... made of gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgK5GfoW1Dc

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

This one was great.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Perigryn posted:

I WOULD HAVE A BOAT MADE OUT OF SOLID GOLD. I DON'T EVEN GIVE A gently caress IF IT SINKS!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THREE HOUR DAVE/MIKE SHOW

:stare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They couldn't figure out how to upload it properly. I'm not sure how you even make that mistake.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

HulkaMatt posted:

Dave did promise (threaten?) to answer every e-mail question he had.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

MassRanTer posted:

They couldn't figure out how to upload it properly. I'm not sure how you even make that mistake.

Yeah Mike just gave up and posted a Sendspace link for the entire show.

jeffersonlives posted:

Dave did promise (threaten?) to answer every e-mail question he had.

Unless it was a troll question!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Scott Hall was on the Torch podcast.
Hip is healing well and he didn't bother with painkillers because recovery hurt less than injury did.
His son Cody is coming to DDP's house for more wrestling training.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Hip is healing well and he didn't bother with painkillers because recovery hurt less than injury did.

Awesome, talk about a great group of guys to pick the brains of. A master of ring psychology, a great planner who had one of the greatest commands of his finisher I've ever seen, and his own father who made millions in multiple companies.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

HulkaMatt posted:

Dave and Mike shows are the best. Gotta grab last weekend's show and tonight's workload is just gonna fly by.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm just going to say that's loving awful on behalf of Scott. Gladder every day I pitched him the price of a six-pack for his surgery.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Memento1979 posted:

I'm just going to say that's loving awful on behalf of Scott. Gladder every day I pitched him the price of a six-pack for his surgery.

I'm guessing your autofill/autocorrect put that down in place of "loving awesome" (which it is) for some reason. :v:

E: unless you meant the pre-surgery hip pain was loving awful, in which case I agree. The "loving awesome" part was him not needing painkillers. Unlike me as I am fighting a sinus headache at the moment. :sigh:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRanTer posted:

I had to DL it off sendspace.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm guessing your autofill/autocorrect put that down in place of "loving awesome" (which it is) for some reason. :v:

E: unless you meant the pre-surgery hip pain was loving awful, in which case I agree. The "loving awesome" part was him not needing painkillers. Unlike me as I am fighting a sinus headache at the moment. :sigh:

I did mean his pre-surgery pain, yeah. Things are looking better for Scott, but I can't imagine how bad he hurt for how long.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Memento1979 posted:

I did mean his pre-surgery pain, yeah. Things are looking better for Scott, but I can't imagine how bad he hurt for how long.

The amazing thing is that I think he recently tweeted about how he lost 30 pounds over the last 2 or 3 months just doing light exercise with DDP and Jake, prior to the surgery. He's probably rarin' to go once he's fully healed from his hip surgery. :dance:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I checked the fredgarvin thread on the Board and some dudes tracked down fredgarvin posts on a baseball forum where the poster says he's a Phillies fan. It's notable because Gabe is a Phillies fan and on the Board fredgarvin claimed to be a Royals fan. More evidence it is Gabe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you haven't listened to the 3.5 hour Mike and Dave show, you need to. It's amazing.

Bryan has become a really good interviewer but Mike is so much better at interviewing Dave specifically. He prods him a few times for extra details that really add to the stories.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRanTer posted:

If you haven't listened to the 3.5 hour Mike and Dave show, you need to. It's amazing.

Bryan has become a really good interviewer but Mike is so much better at interviewing Dave specifically. He prods him a few times for extra details that really add to the stories.

it's really good. i don't even care that much about old poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

it's really good. i don't even care that much about old poo poo.

Man, it just flew by. I wished it would never have ended. Someday maybe they can be heads in jars that can just sit and answer questions all day long. :allears:

• Locked thread