Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hughlander posted:

I read it daily with my morning coffee. I couldn't tell you the name of a single poster. Not even the guy running the site.

Snoofle and Blakeyrat are the TDWTF superstars. The former is the one in the STDH and the latter is basically YOSPOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr. Anderson posted:

Imgur has been running a lot of these recently:

What I don't understand about these is why they always say they speak "flawless ____". I mean, I've worked crap jobs in bilingual places, and sometimes I really would pick up on some insult people said in Spanish about me or whatever, but I'd never say "and then I responded in Perfect Spanish and then their minds exploded."

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

crowfeathers posted:

What I don't understand about these is why they always say they speak "flawless ____". I mean, I've worked crap jobs in bilingual places, and sometimes I really would pick up on some insult people said in Spanish about me or whatever, but I'd never say "and then I responded in Perfect Spanish and then their minds exploded."

I have once seen someone be very surprised when a friend spoke a tiny bit of Korean in a Korean store in Vienna because who in Austria learns Korean. Usually people are just happy you try.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Djeser posted:

NAR never disappoints

The only part of it that makes it slightly plausible is that these people who are all black belts are in a 'martial arts store' according to the header. That story has the secret martial arts, the 'I'm not going to stop you but she will' lines, the badass significant other, the inexplicably sexist AND inexplicably greedy antagonist, and 'two weeks later'.

Thanks for not coming to get me when someone was sexually assaulting my employees and instead pretending to be a manager! I wish all of my employees pretended to be managers like you. :thumbsup:

I love the complete lack of agency the waitress has in this story as well as the lack of outrage the narrator has the first time he talks to the customer. Waitress is just passively standing there being groped by some sleazeball until our hero comes in and politely asks the customer to please kindly refrain from your sexual assault sir and then just goes away again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gschmidl posted:

I have once seen someone be very surprised when a friend spoke a tiny bit of Korean in a Korean store in Vienna because who in Austria learns Korean. Usually people are just happy you try.

Eh, it's a common enough occurrence for a foreigner to surprise someone by being fluent in their language but that's usually the end of it; people are surprised, they aren't gob-smacked, struck by awe, or compelled to storm out, sobbing.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
It's also probably fake if a supposedly American person says "oval office". That's far more of a British or Australian slur; Americans really don't say it that often.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

hate pants posted:

It's also probably fake if a supposedly American person says "oval office". That's far more of a British or Australian slur; Americans really don't say it that often.

Americans also don't use the word posh.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lareine posted:

Americans also don't use the word posh.

No-one with a posh accent uses the phrase 'posh accent', either. It's almost as if that story wasn't true at all!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Not Always Working posted:

(I am the author of this story on Not Always Right. I am in a popular book shop some 30 minutes away from home with my best friend. At the time, I am wearing a Marvel shirt with Loki on the front, and the phrase “I DO WHAT I WANT.” We approach the counter with film magazines. Our cashier is a woman who appears to be in her mid-thirties to early forties.)

Cashier: “Is this all for you today?”

My Friend: “It is, thanks.”

(I turn to browse through the pages of one of the magazines, as I indicate that we won’t be needing a bag. The cashier gives me a strange look and points at my shirt.)

Cashier: “What are you wearing?”

Me: “Marvel’s Loki. ”

Cashier: *stares*

Me: “God of Mischief? Brother of Thor? Portrayed by British actor Tom Hiddleston in Kenneth Branagh’s Thor and Joss Whedon’s The Avengers?”

My Friend: *sighs* “Just say yes. Otherwise, she’ll never shut up about him.” *coughs* “OBSESSED!”

Cashier: “…Isn’t he supposed to be the devil?”

Me: “Pretty much. But, come on. Tom’s Loki is one hell of a looker.”

Cashier: *backs away* “You worship the devil!!”

(Surprised by the cashier’s reaction, my friend and I exchange a look.)

My Friend: “Oh, come on! Yeah, Marvel consumes her life, but it’s just a bunch of comics.”

(The cashier screams and waves her arms.)

Cashier: “DEVIL WORSHIPPERS! MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR SINS!”

(At this point, my friend is yelling back and demanding to speak with the store manager. Leaning close to the counter, I stare the cashier in the eye with a straight face.)

Me: *deadpan and demonic* “PREPARE YOURSELF, FOR THE TIME OF THE DARK LORD HAS COME.”

(My friend stares in shock as the cashier bolts, drawing even more attention as the manager arrives to finish the transaction and apologize. Apparently, the woman has a history of jumping to severe conclusions, and has hair-trigger nerves.)

My Friend: “Why didn’t you just tell her off?”

Me: “Well, you know what they say: the Devil plays all the best tunes.”

I thought that kind of people was confined to the net.
Either they're escaping or the story is a bit less than 100% absolute truth.

My favourite part is how even the friend realizes how obnoxious the writer is.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Serperoth posted:

I thought that kind of people was confined to the net.
Either they're escaping or the story is a bit less than 100% absolute truth.

My favourite part is how even the friend realizes how obnoxious the writer is.

I like how the author brags about being obsessed with Marvel, like that makes them super cool or something.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
"(My friend stares in shock as the cashier bolts, drawing even more attention as the manager arrives to finish the transaction and apologize. Apparently, the woman has a history of jumping to severe conclusions, and has hair-trigger nerves.)"

Managers love to keep around the workers who fly into rages over nothing so much that they're known for it among the staff. Seems pretty legit.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I kinda wanna see a STDH about an atheist going into a balls-out freakfest because someone's a "C-c-c-cuh-CHRISTIAN!" and bolting from the establishment. Complete with Scooby Doo sound effects.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

NoUU posted:

I like how the author brags about being obsessed with Marvel, like that makes them super cool or something.

She marveled at my cool Loki shirt.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Das Boo posted:

I kinda wanna see a STDH about an atheist going into a balls-out freakfest because someone's a "C-c-c-cuh-CHRISTIAN!" and bolting from the establishment. Complete with Scooby Doo sound effects.

(I'm a male Roman Catholic Utahn who fluently speaks five languages. My black boyfriend and I enter a record store. We're wearing the same Jesus shirt and a rosary each. As we're done shopping, we go to the register.)

CASHIER: "Is that all for today?"

MY FRIEND: "Yes, thanks."

CASHIER: "What are you wearing?"

ME: "Uh, it's Jesus?"

(The cashier's eyes bug out and he's gone chalk white in the face.)

CASHIER: *backs away* "A... C-c-c-cuh-CHRISTIAN!"

ME, deadpan: "You too can be saved!"

CASHIER (screaming and waving his arms): "NO! NO! SANGUIS BIBIMUS, CORPUS EDIMUS! TOLLE CORPUS SATANI, AVE SATANI!"

ME, switching to Latin fluently and lifting my rosary towards him: "Absolvo te in nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti, amen"

(My friend stares in shock as the cashier bolts, drawing even more attention as the manager arrives to finish the transaction and apologize. Apparently, the guy has a history of atheism, and has hair-trigger nerves. My boyfriend and I kiss as the store applauds. The manager later married both of us!)

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Das Boo posted:

(I am a devout christian, and I work at a haunted house during Halloween dressing as a werewolf and scaring people. I have a tattoo of a cross on my wrist that says "love God" under it, but my costume covers it. I see a man with long hair in a green shirt and his dog coming, so I prepare to jump out and scare them)

Long Hair: This place isn't scary at all, monster's aren't real just like GOD.

(The dog seems to say something about hating religion, but I must of just misheard.)

Long Hair: Heh, yeah

(At this point I jump out to scare them, but it doesn't seem to work)

Long Hair: HAH, nice try but you can't scare me. I'm an ATHEIST

Me: Oh, what would have happened if you where religious?

Long Hair: Hah, if I believed in that fairy tale I'd be too busy praying and being an idiot.

Me: What if I where religious?

Long Hair: Well...

(He seems to get nervous and start looking around.)

(I slowly start pulling off the glove covering my tattoo.)

Long Hair: Wh-what are you doing?

(I completely remove the glove, revealing the tattoo)

Long Hair: C-c-c-cuh-CHRISTIAN!

(The dog makes an odd bark that sounds like "R-R-R-RUUUUUN!")

(They where found two hours later hiding in a closet. I completely forgot about the incident until I saw the man and his dog two years later handing out flyers for a church. He recognized me and said I had changed their lives.)

NoUU has a new favorite as of 15:58 on May 7, 2013

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Djeser posted:

NAR never disappoints

The only part of it that makes it slightly plausible is that these people who are all black belts are in a 'martial arts store' according to the header. That story has the secret martial arts, the 'I'm not going to stop you but she will' lines, the badass significant other, the inexplicably sexist AND inexplicably greedy antagonist, and 'two weeks later'.

It also has another hallmark sign of STDH, the need to lay out everyone's physical statistics in exact pounds and inches out of some belief that the inclusion of such specific details will lend credibility to the story.

hate pants posted:

Really? I wish I lived in your part of the U.S.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Thanks for making wishes come true, goons! :3:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

hate pants posted:

A couple days ago here in Canada a British Consul-General called a group of women "pussy galore" repeatedly and everyone was too shocked to call him out on it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chamale posted:

A couple days ago here in Canada a British Consul-General called a group of women "pussy galore" repeatedly and everyone was too shocked to call him out on it.

Dude just likes Goldfinger.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Das Boo posted:

With pictures no less!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Eh, it's a common enough occurrence for a foreigner to surprise someone by being fluent in their language but that's usually the end of it; people are surprised, they aren't gob-smacked, struck by awe, or compelled to storm out, sobbing.

In my experience they're usually delighted that someone has made the effort to learn it, particularly if their English isn't very good or they're not comfortable enough with English.

I've never seen anyone storm out of anywhere sobbing except my little sister when she was throwing a tantrum because that's what children do.

quote:

(I’m an employee in a hardware store. I’m helping a young married couple. The wife is wearing a flattering, but form-fitting top. An old couple standing nearby is complaining loudly.)

Old Lady: “Young people today are so lazy! That’s why they’ve all gotten fat; they’re sitting around playing video games! And it makes it worse when they wear clothes that don’t fit! People who are old enough to know better shouldn’t wear clothes that are too tight; they make them look fatter! That girl right there; look at her! You can see her stomach pooch!”

(The young wife places her hand over her belly.)

Young Wife: “I’m… PREGNANT.”

Old Lady: “I… I, um… Well, I wasn’t talking… Let’s go, honey!”

(She grabs her husband, and they quickly leave.)

Young Husband: “Just to confirm; we’re not pregnant, right?”

Young Wife: “Nope, but that’s what the old b**** gets for talking s*** about strangers in public.”

This one I could almost believe. Almost.

quote:

(I fall off a ladder at work, and severely twist my ankle. Eventually, I manage to stand up, and try to hop my way to the manager. An older woman in her sixties stops me.)

Customer: “Are you okay?”

Me: “No, actually, I’ve just fallen off the ladder. I’m just trying to find my manager.”

Customer: “Oh, dear, you shouldn’t be walking on that. Here, get on my back. I’ll give you a piggy back ride.”

Me: “Umm… that’s nice of you, but I can just hop over there.”

(As I’m hopping away…)

Customer: “LET ME GIVE YOU A PIGGY BACK RIDE!”

:wtc:

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

People use "the C-word" in America, but not like in Britain/Australia. In the States it's considered to be a much more offensive term and people usually don't use it in a playful or joking manner. Americans don't call guys cunts.

quote:

Me: God of mischief? Brother of Thor?

I can't believe some random stranger didn't know who Loki was! On an unrelated note, literally the only reason I know anything about Norse mythology is some Joss Whedon movie that came out last year.

Skeleton Ape has a new favorite as of 18:27 on May 7, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Hahaha, I didn't notice that the first time since I just kinda skimmed over the spergy parts. It's great when STDH people make themselves look dumb in their own stories.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Djeser posted:

NAR never disappoints

Maybe this is me not being American but what is a martial arts store? Is that where you buy the coloured belts?

QueenQuintessence
Dec 26, 2012

Djeser posted:

NAR never disappoints

quote:

(My girlfriend kicks the man’s legs out from under him, grabs his arm, and puts it in a hold.)

Customer: “Ow! You stupid b****; let go of me!”

(She holds him down for a few minutes, until he starts to calm down.)

Girlfriend: “Now, are you going to shut up?”

Customer: *meekly* “…yes.”
"Lookit my badass girlfriend, assaulting people like that."

Seriously, these people seem to have no concept of the real world.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Seedge posted:

Maybe this is me not being American but what is a martial arts store? Is that where you buy the coloured belts?
They most likely sell padded equipment (helmets, gloves, shoes, etc.) and training equipment/weapons. They might sell gi and belts as well but I've never seen any martial arts specialty stores, just the martial arts section of stores like Dick's Sporting Goods and the like. My old dojo just ordered all its gi and belts from some place, never found out where. V:v:V

VVVVVVV
Or... that.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 22:13 on May 7, 2013

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Seedge posted:

When I was a kid, "the martial arts store" meant the place to go buy "ninja" masks, throwing stars, and nunchucks. It was the place that your mom's least favorite brother (you know,the one with the tiger tattoo on his forearm and a cigarette forever dangling from his lip) would take you and ask you not to tell anyone about.
YMMV

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Seedge posted:

We used to have a tiny martial arts store/unit in an indoor market in Glasgow (Scotland). It just sold stuff like belts, wooden training swords, padding, outfits, instructional books, mats and a couple of vaguely related things like wall hangings. It wasn't very exciting and I guess you'd be hard pushed to make a larger store out of it. Anyway, they are quite real, unlike the rest of the story.

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Shit, really? They don't?! :,(

hate pants posted:

In the area that I live, they do. They do it often. Extremely often. It's not a country thing, but an area thing, I guess, because this is the second area I've lived in where it's fairly common.

Skeleton Ape posted:

Americans don't call guys cunts.

Yes, yes they do! I am from the NYC/NEPA area (depending on the month) and yes, men are referred to as cunts pretty regularly. It's considered a very heavy insult. Where the hell are you people from?!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Aintain posted:

In the area that I live, they do. They do it often. Extremely often. It's not a country thing, but an area thing, I guess, because this is the second area I've lived in where it's fairly common.

Yes, yes they do! I am from the NYC/NEPA area (depending on the month) and yes, men are referred to as cunts pretty regularly. It's considered a very heavy insult. Where the hell are you people from?!

Americans don't call each other "cunts" with nearly the regularity that people in the UK/Australia do. Also this derail is stupid.

NAR posted:

(My aunt and uncle own a small bakery, specializing in artisan breads, muffins, and bagels. They have never sold cakes, cupcakes, or doughnuts. They also bought this shop in 1989, and have owned it ever since. It is a busy week for them, as one of their bakers is out sick. I am filling in and helping them out while their baker is recovering. A customer walks in who I have never seen before. She is carrying an arm load of wedding planning brochures and folders, and is speaking to me between text messages she is sending on her phone.)

Me: “Hi, welcome to [bakery]! How can I help you today?”

Customer: “Yes, I need to place an order for a wedding cake. My daughter is getting married next week!” *she beams with pride*

Me: “Well, congratulations to your daughter! That’s wonderful news, but I’m afraid we don’t sell cakes. We do offer various types of bread, muffins, and bagels, however.”

Customer: “Good. I want it to be a three-tiered cake. On the top tier, I want carrot cake. The second tier should be dark chocolate. The bottom tier should be lemon. All of that with cream cheese icing. Doesn’t that sounds wonderful?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, it does. However, as I just said, we don’t sell cakes here. We only sell bread, muffins, and bagels.”

Customer: “Oh, and on the top tier, could you make sure the carrot cake has no raisins? My darling hates raisins!”

Me: “Again, ma’am, we don’t sell nor bake cakes here.”

Customer: “What kind of special designs can you put in the icing? Her colors are black and pink, and I would like the cake to have a very modern, contemporary look.”

Me: “Ma’am, we don’t sell cakes. I’m sure that a wedding cake specialist could make you what you want, but we can’t do that here. I do have the name of a great wedding cake designer that we refer customers to quite often, and you are free to make an appointment with her to discuss your daughter’s cake.”

(The customer is not paying attention; she doesn’t even look up from her latest text message.)

Customer: “Uh huh? Good.”

Me: “Ma’am, we don’t sell cake.”

Customer: *again, not looking up* “Okay, so the wedding is next week, Saturday. The wedding starts at 5:00, the reception at 7:00at [local hotel ballroom]. I’ll need it delivered to the hotel no earlier than 6:00, and no later than 6:30.”

Me: “Ma’am, like I said, we don’t sell wedding cakes! I have the name of someone you can call, but with just over a week until the wedding I’m not sure she, or anyone, would have time to prepare what it is you are asking.”

Customer: “Oh, and just put it on my house account with you and send me a bill.”

Me: “Ma’am, we don’t do billing, and haven’t in the entire time I’ve been in this shop. Plus, we don’t sell wedding cakes!”

Customer: *suddenly looking up* “What do you mean you don’t do billing?! I’ve been a loyal customer of this bakery for more than 20 years! I have never been told I couldn’t have a bill sent to my house! I am good friends with [the former owner from 1989], I’ll have you know!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sure you and [former owner] are good friends. However, they sold this bakery to the current owners in 1989. She has not owned, nor been affiliated with, this bakery in 23 years.”

Customer: *goes back to her phone as a new text message comes in* “Yes, I thought you’d see things my way! Now, I have to run. Bill me, my name should be in your system!”

(As I try to protest and get her attention, she sweeps out the door while answering an incoming phone call. Since I did not know her name, or any way to reach her, I simply wrote off the experience as an oddity and continued about my day. I left a note for my uncle, who was opening the next day, but he apparently didn’t share the note about the customer with my aunt.)

(The next week, on Friday afternoon, I get a frantic phone call from my aunt. She is upset and asking something about me taking an order for a wedding cake, and begging me to come down to the bakery to help her figure out what is going on. As I enter the bakery, the woman from earlier is back, having come in to check on the status of the cake order, and my heart sinks.)

Customer: *pointing to me* “Him! He is the one who took my order, guaranteed that it would be ready, and promised to bill me for it! Why would you hire such a worthless piece of trash?!”

Aunt: “Miss, that is my nephew. Please do not call him names.”

Customer: “Oh, I’ll call him whatever I want to call him! He screwed up and deserves to be held accountable here!”

Aunt: “Miss, as I already told you, we have never sold wedding cakes. I don’t know what you are talking about!” *then, to me* “Did you promise her a wedding cake, to be delivered tomorrow to [local hotel ballroom]?”

Me: “No, I didn’t. In fact, that is opposite of what I told her. I told her, several times, that we do not sell wedding cakes, and never have. I tried to give her [wedding cake designer]‘s name, but she didn’t listen to me.”

Customer: “Like h*** you did! You promised me a cake for my daughter’s wedding! Her wedding is tomorrow and I demand you make sure her cake is there!”

Me: “There is nothing we can do. I told you, several times, that all we sell are breads, muffins, and bagels. We don’t sell cakes. We don’t deliver. And we don’t bill people. I’m sorry if you didn’t understand that earlier. I’d be happy to offer you a couple loaves of bread if it would help smooth things over here. But, I’m sorry; there is nothing I can do about a wedding cake.”

Customer: “I don’t want your disgusting breads! I want the cake you promised me!”

(She starts swearing up a storm and threatening me bodily harm.)

Aunt: “That’s it! Ma’am, my nephew explained to you when you first came in that we don’t sell cake. He offered to put you in contact with a wedding cake designer. You didn’t listen to him, so this mistake is all yours. Now, you are threatening him. Please, leave, before I call the police.”

Customer: “You haven’t heard the last of this! You will all be sorry for what you have done here!”

(Sure enough, she stayed true to her promise. Over the next six months we heard from her, four different attorneys she hired, her daughter, and her new son-in-law. Each time we explained to a family member what had happened, they apologized profusely for her behavior once they realized what kind of bakery we were. Each attorney we sat down with who represented her apologized for wasting our time, and then dropped her case. Two of those attorneys are now regular customers of the bakery and love the breads!)

I DON'T WANT YOUR DISGUSTING BREADS

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

bringmyfishback posted:

Man this whole thing is stdh right down to the guy working at a bakery, because if he did he would have enough experience with other people to realize that his story is not even remotely believable because people do not act this way.
Either that or this woman was suffering from schizophrenia.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I can believe parts of it since its easy to assume that all Bakery's sell the same products, this one in question must be an independant one for example, and not Greggs.
However, the part I find hard to believe is the sheer ignorance of the Wedding Cake Woman and the fact that she even tried to sue the bakery, when she'd most likely be laughed at and told to go away.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jesus Christ NAR, put some goddamn effort into it!

NAR posted:

(I drive to a local franchise retail store. I walk in to find a friend of mine, who is 22, but looks much younger because she’s so small, working as a cashier. She runs out to give me a quick hug.)

Friend: “Hey! How have you been? My husband and my cousin are in the store right now! You should say hi to them!”

(A customer in his 30s in a ball cap, t-shirt, and overalls, rolls his eyes and comments.)

Customer: “Hey, b****! Get over here and do your job, and quit flirting with your boyfriend!”

Friend: “Sorry, sir, I haven’t seen him in months.”

Customer: “I don’t give a f***, w****! Get your a** back here, and ring up my stuff! That’s all you’re good for anyway!”

(I start to step-up to the guy, when she interrupts me.)

Friend: “First of all, I am married. Secondly, my husband is right there.”

(She points at him as he rounds the corner.)

Friend: “He’s a prison guard. His cousin with him is a pro wrestler. You may have seen him on Monday nights if you have cable. My friend here, who I just stopped from kicking your a** before either of them got here, is just a man who trains MMA fighters. Now… how may I help you?”

(The customer drops his items and wallet and runs out the door before we can stop him. I decide to be a good samaritan and return it to him by finding out where he lives from his ID. The look on his face when I returned them to him at home was priceless.)

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

bringmyfishback posted:

Is everyone insane in NAR-land, or what? This poo poo is like human fanfiction written by space robots.

Also the crazy customer is laden with wedding planning folders for her darling precious daughter's wedding, yet waited til the week before the wedding to order a cake. Okay!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

axolotl farmer posted:

Why was it important that she looked younger than 22?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Shrug, people get crazy when it comes to weddings. The dialog from that story is ridiculous, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that someone tried to sue a bakery about a phantom wedding cake.

Also, this thread has taught me that if you pass three people on the street, one of them is likely to be a MMA fighter. Tread lightly, because they're apt to employ physical violence at the slightest sign of rudeness or bigotry.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

bringmyfishback posted:

I SCORN YOUR FOUL YEAST-BASED CONSUMABLES.

All of these stories where a customer goes nuts because the shop doesn't stock something are the most unbelievable, because this happens to everybody at some point and all that ever happens is that you say, "Oh, sorry" and walk out, or maybe ask them if they know somewhere nearby that sells the item.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Das Boo posted:

Why was it important that she looked younger than 22?
It's like the SAT Test where they ask you which is the irrelevant piece of information.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize the narrator is probably trying to sell "she doesn't look like she'd be married yet" as if 22 is much older than 18.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Surely that was written by someone from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I don't think threatening a customer with physical violence is really accepted in cashier work and I don't see how "My friend is an MMA trainer hint hint" could be construed any other way. Also, what the hell is a w****?

• Locked thread