Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Ka0 posted:

Figma Link is OK but that Samus? not worth $100, not a chance.

100? Now that the US rights have been cleared it's up for 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

I would love those classic turtles but at $20/CDN per figure it's asking a little much.

What't the difference in US and Canadian currency right now? I ask because those guys were $20 US when I saw them at TRU a few months ago.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
I know 20 bucks USD per figure is asking a lot in any circumstance, but considering that my local TRU charges 22.99 for some of the lovely Marvel Legends figures (such as the Hit Monkey series Wolverine who comes with no BAF pieces) I would gladly pay 20 online for the TMNT classics Rocksteady and Bebop.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rhyno posted:

What't the difference in US and Canadian currency right now? I ask because those guys were $20 US when I saw them at TRU a few months ago.

Canadian's at parity right now. Quick tip, if you google "1 usd to canadian dollar" it'll give you current exchange. This works for all monetary denominations. I've used this immensely when looking at importing stuff.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Are there any good websites for sightings of things like Marvel Legends? TFW seems to have a good sightings section for transformers and I'm looking for something similar.

The Fwoosh forums seem reliable enough. They even do maps sometimes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Fwoosh is great about Legends stuff, especially when the new waves hit the Philippines and when they first hit the US.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
The retro TMNT 6" figures are some of the nicest I own. Easily up to the quality of expensive D-Arts / Figma / S.H.Figuarts Japanese imports, and they blow away 99% of the cheap crap on US shelves. I wish this kind of quality was more common. I'll be getting Bebop and Rocksteady for sure, and hope they continue with Shredder and Krang and April and whoever the hell else they want to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Neo_Reloaded posted:

The retro TMNT 6" figures are some of the nicest I own. Easily up to the quality of expensive D-Arts / Figma / S.H.Figuarts Japanese imports, and they blow away 99% of the cheap crap on US shelves. I wish this kind of quality was more common. I'll be getting Bebop and Rocksteady for sure, and hope they continue with Shredder and Krang and April and whoever the hell else they want to.

I won't be happy until I see Metalhead and Slaash.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

What they told me at Toy Fair when I asked that same question is they are testing the waters with Bebop and Rocksteady being super-articulated figures. If it does well they will look into more.

Did they say if they would be available in other stores? Or are they just TRU like the 4 classic turtles were?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrChud posted:

Did they say if they would be available in other stores? Or are they just TRU like the 4 classic turtles were?

Those weren't TRU exclusive, Diamond carried them as well so pretty much any comic shop could get them.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Congratulations, assholes. You just sold me on preordering my first S.H. Figuarts figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bought the new DC Collectibles Superman statue based on Frank Miller's TDKR version of the character. No pics because I'm moving and already packed it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Optimist Prime posted:

Congratulations, assholes. You just sold me on preordering my first S.H. Figuarts figure.

You know there's also releases of the Red & Green rangers, right?
You fool, your wallet is forfeit!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

Those weren't TRU exclusive, Diamond carried them as well so pretty much any comic shop could get them.

is there anywhere still to get them for a decent price (a la around the 20 dollar mark?) Everywhere I've looked likes like they are 30 +. Alternatively, does anyone have a set they don't want (loose is fine) (classics turtles)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bushifox posted:

is there anywhere still to get them for a decent price (a la around the 20 dollar mark?) Everywhere I've looked likes like they are 30 +. Alternatively, does anyone have a set they don't want (loose is fine) (classics turtles)

I have looked for them since they were released and never could find them. I wish I knew they were orderable from Diamond while I could still get them. I bet they will be available again when Bebop and Rocksteady are released.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

Bushifox posted:

There was (still might be) a UK seller on Amazon that shipped all four to me, new, free shipping for 20 each when I got them for a gift for my friend. Not sure if the same deal is still there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

I have looked for them since they were released and never could find them. I wish I knew they were orderable from Diamond while I could still get them. I bet they will be available again when Bebop and Rocksteady are released.

They are indeed, the old cases had 3 of each Turtle, the new ones have 2 of each and 2 Rocksteady and 2 Bebop.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

You know there's also releases of the Red & Green rangers, right?
You fool, your wallet is forfeit!
I know, and I even had Green on preorder for a while. But there's too much poo poo coming down the pike, especially with Hot Toys doing some of the second-tier armors from Iron Man 3.

Now, if somebody could just do this with the Tigerzord... :getin:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

They are indeed, the old cases had 3 of each Turtle, the new ones have 2 of each and 2 Rocksteady and 2 Bebop.

How much is a case? I could always go for a set and sell the other.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Djarum posted:

I'd imagine then that BBTS will restock this then? Looking at their old stuff, they had a set of the classic turtles for 50 bucks, so maybe they'll have some good deals here too? When are these hitting?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Reinanigans posted:

Really? Samus was the more expensive of the two, actually. I'm curious why you think she's not worth it. I mean, I agree $100 is too much, but is there anything wrong with the figure? I guessed people liked Samus more between the two.

Samus is great and is one of my favorite figures I own. The articulation is great, she comes with a bunch of beams and hands and a morphball. I wouldn't pay $100 for it, but if you're really into Metroid, it's worth the $50 or whatever BBTS wants for the preorder. I think I paid about that to import it last year and I think it's great. It's the Samus figure I've been waiting 20 years to get and is infinitely better than the Joyride figure.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Chiming in to agree with the above, the Figma Samus is fantastic and one of my favourite figures too.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fish Of Doom posted:

Samus is great and is one of my favorite figures I own. The articulation is great, she comes with a bunch of beams and hands and a morphball. I wouldn't pay $100 for it, but if you're really into Metroid, it's worth the $50 or whatever BBTS wants for the preorder. I think I paid about that to import it last year and I think it's great. It's the Samus figure I've been waiting 20 years to get and is infinitely better than the Joyride figure.

Thanks! I can't wait to have this figure now after the praise. Too bad it wont be out for a while.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

Looks like a 12 figure case is $187.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Looks like a 12 figure case is $187.

I'm down for splitting if anyone else is.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bushifox posted:

I'm down for splitting if anyone else is.

Likewise. Although we should probably wait until the new cases hit.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 10, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Forgive my ignorance, but how are the Revoltech figures, and how much do they usually retail for?

I saw they are coming out with a movie-style Mark I Iron Man, and I've always had a soft spot for that armor (maybe because the helmet reminds me of the Rocketeer).

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=16016

I have the 6" version of Hasbro's Mark I from the first Iron Man movie line (which is okay, but underarticulated, about a half-inch too short, and suffers from a tiny head), but are the Revoltechs in scale with Marvel Legends?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but how are the Revoltech figures, and how much do they usually retail for?

I have the 6" version of Hasbro's Mark I from the first Iron Man movie line (which is okay, but underarticulated, about a half-inch too short, and suffers from a tiny head), but are the Revoltechs in scale with Marvel Legends?

Retail for the Mark I is around 4500 yen. Revoltechs are usually a bit cheaper, but their Scifi line is an exception. Its a Japanese figure, so just assume its under 6 inches tall (Most revoltechs are). Personally, I'm not a fan of revoltechs anymore. They overuse their revol joints (I like clicky, but too much is too much) and the quality is just lacking compared to the other lines I own around that price range (Figuarts, Figma, 3A AP, etc).

Just to note, everything in red is their revol joint, which are basically tiny ratchet joints.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

Hmm, I bought the Diamond Select Phantom of the Opera the other day, and while it is cool looking the package looks a bit more ratty than I realized in the store. Unfortunately that was the only one there, and I can't really find another one online anywhere. It's the Phantom from the same wave as the Invisible Man and Metaluna Mutant (with the mask on and the violin, not the piano). Can anyone find one online in case I decide to return this one? I seriously searched on Amazon and eBay and can't find it on Diamond's site either.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

First couple of Arkham Origins figures have been revealed, including a Black Mask who would be completely baller if he had knees:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I really don't like how we're regressing back to 90s Kenner levels of articulation with action figures.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Optimist Prime posted:

First couple of Arkham Origins figures have been revealed, including a Black Mask who would be completely baller if he had knees:

The Batman looks awesome as well, I love the layered "Armored" look.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 6, 2014

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
This is one of the cooler ideas for exclusives I've seen: 8-Bit Jason!

For reference:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Okay that's pretty classy. I'm not going to buy it personally, but that's still a really fun exclusive.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Just got through the mail the first figures I've bought in the longest time, from NECA's Predator film wave. I'm in love.

Jungle Extraction Dutch has a nasty case of wonky eyes, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ChickenHeart posted:

Jungle Extraction Dutch has a nasty case of wonky eyes, though.

And Facebook duckface pout.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Jungle Extraction is the way to go because of the cigar mouth!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Are we ever going to get the Return of Marvel Legends Series 3 running changes? I want at the very least FF Doom and Moonstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

Are we ever going to get the Return of Marvel Legends Series 3 running changes? I want at the very least FF Doom and Moonstar.

I never even saw the second half of that wave with Blade/Red Deadpool, so I have no clue whats up with the ML distribution.