Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stare-Out posted:

And now in our series of 'misguided VHS rentals of your youth'

E: Jason Alexander was firmly on the rise in Seinfeld when he was in 'Blankman'. It's also Greg Kinnear's debut film, apparently. :laugh:

Which one of these has the a serious scene out of nowhere of the main character's mom working at a polling place and her and everyone there getting murdered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I saw a reproduction recently of the painting of Vigo from Ghostbusters 2 and it got me thinking. Can you get a reproduction of the Street Fighter The Movie painting that M. Bison has hanging in his chambers?

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

I Before E posted:

No, those are from the seventies.

This is the one with J.D. Salinger's son.

I love this. I love that J.D. Salinger saw this movie and had to most likely lie to his son's face and tell him he and everything in the film wasn't god damned awful.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Those are some mighty impressive parking lights on that bitchin' RX-7.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

ShufflerZero posted:

(Not that) Batwoman

This reminds me, I should see what some other MST movie posters look like.

It's a "western"... I guess....

The Black Scorpion people were really desperate to convince you the theater would be a madhouse of shrieking panic.

This movie gave me the wim-wams.

:smug:

Does beer make necks collapse

I dunno this doesn't really look thatHOT drat FIRST MOVIE WITH A DUNE BUGGY IN IT

Remember these other movies you liked

"More consistently presented than Ghost" is one of my favorite half-assed reviewer quotes.

:stare:

:gonk:

Something about this feels like it should be the backglass to a bad pinball machine.

"Ugh, I am so done with you."

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Oh my God, this is great.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Klaus Kinski?

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

Erebus posted:

The Black Scorpion people were really desperate to convince you the theater would be a madhouse of shrieking panic.
NOTE: The management reserves the right to put up the lights any time the audience becomes too emotionally disturbed!

This rules, but I do feel bad for the black scorpion - eating can't be easy with hugely lopsided canine teeth.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

So, congrats on totally tricking me... by... making something terrible?

It was just a joke, really. I reckon it can go toe-to-toe with the other terrible ones in here.

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

It gives us a nice little peak that these three have been friends a long time, and that there's old jokes shared between them, reenforced by a closeup reaction shot of Ray grinning.

I don't even think that it's "Ray" grinning in that scene, it's all Dan. One of the many many reasons I love that film is how comfortable chucking in a casual little joke like that which tells you so much. I can't think of a modern film that wouldn't make more of a thing of it, or over explain it, or even use it at all.

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.

Erebus posted:

This movie gave me the wim-wams.

"This picture could set our space program back at least fifty years!" - N.A.S.A.

That's a mighty bold statement for an agency founded 1958 to make in 1965 :rolleyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They just don't want the wim-wams is all.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In 1986, several people at NASA mission control got the wim-wams something fierce.

The next day? This happened.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 12, 2013

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Erebus posted:

We urge you not to panic or :frogout: of your seats!

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

AndyP posted:

This is a pretty good indication of it's quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0KwKXTSADw

Apologies for the stupid looping, it was the only upload of that clip on Youtube.

The best part of this is when Captain America is riding in the passenger seat of a car, pretends to get sick and stumbles out. When the person driving goes to check on him, he runs back really fast and steals it. I'm pretty sure this happens like two or three times.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

CPL593H posted:

I just remembered that Criterion actually did one of those "minimalist" things for a video cover:

"One"? They've done tons! They're (arguably) responsible for the whole fad! Though , to be fair, they're actually smart people who love cinema so most of the time they do good stuff:

Actually you know what Criterion covers own

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 12, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The Third Man probably has dozens of really lovely fan posters involving ferris wheels and dots.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Erebus posted:

"More consistently presented than Ghost" is one of my favorite half-assed reviewer quotes.

I think you mean "More consistently presented than....Ghost." The ellipses make it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Waffleman_ posted:

I think you mean "More consistently presented than....Ghost." The ellipses make it.

More consistently presented than... *pause* (Ghostbusters? No... Poltergeist? No... Ghost Dad? Dammit, no...)... Ghost.

e: File under Shameless

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 12, 2013

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Calico Heart posted:

"One"? They've done tons! They're (arguably) responsible for the whole fad! Though , to be fair, they're actually smart people who love cinema so most of the time they do good stuff:

Actually you know what Criterion covers own

You better not be calling World on a Wire's cover lovely, that thing is awesome, along with the discs.

I really need to watch that movie again, so good.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I love the criterion cover for Paris, Texas, because it does that whole "people who have seen the film will get it" thing without being too in-jokey. Paris, Texas is an important framing device for the main character's actions, but it's not mentioned often enough for somebody who hasn't seen the movie to understand the significance of it. It hits that "appealing without giving away too much of the movie" sweet spot that so many minimalist posters miss.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Honestly, I prefer the European Paris, Texas cover:

But that might just be because of Natassja Kinski :allears:

Cool drawn theatrical poster? Sure, here you go.

Very busy VHS cover? There ya go.

Horrible DVD cover? We have those too! :haw:

And the Drive award for lovely fan poster goes to:

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
That was fast! Here's a fan poster for Gatsby already:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jefferoo posted:

apart from that not really looking much like Leonardo DiCaprio, I think that's kind of neat.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Jefferoo posted:

Yeah, except the face, it's a great design. I love the signature for the title.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

More consistently presented than... *pause* (Ghostbusters? No... Poltergeist? No... Ghost Dad? Dammit, no...)... Ghost.

e: File under Shameless

This can't be real... the font...

BBC no... :gonk:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Does the Twilight owners get a kickback for every movie that has used the Twilight font when selling Pattinson being in the movie? It's one thing to say the guy from Twilight is in it, another to actually use the logo and image style.

If one didn't know better (which I guess is the point) they'd think this is a Twilight spin off.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Horrible DVD cover? We have those too! :haw:

That's not too bad compared with this:

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

oh yes. two kinds... of dances

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

apart from that not really looking much like Leonardo DiCaprio, I think that's kind of neat.

Sheldrake posted:

Yeah, except the face, it's a great design. I love the signature for the title.

fixed:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Rirse posted:

Which one of these has the a serious scene out of nowhere of the main character's mom working at a polling place and her and everyone there getting murdered?

That would be Blankman.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick
I seem to remember a scene in Meteorman where Meteorman takes off a bunch of kids' pants. Someone tell me I didn't dream this up.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

The Gee Willikers Gatsby.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've known about Meteorman's existence for a long time but somehow I never knew until just now that it was THE Meteorman.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This just makes me think that Gatsby keeps it poppin'.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Erebus posted:

Something about this feels like it should be the backglass to a bad pinball machine.

Amazing. I must have seen the MST3K version of this film a dozen times and I hope I never tire of it.

So those floor cleaner things were supposed to fly? Looks like they've thrown a good railing deaths in there too.

True to the movie, A Good Poster.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Does the Twilight owners get a kickback for every movie that has used the Twilight font when selling Pattinson being in the movie? It's one thing to say the guy from Twilight is in it, another to actually use the logo and image style.

If one didn't know better (which I guess is the point) they'd think this is a Twilight spin off.

I can't wait for this to happen:

:v:

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
The diagonal extending Leo's side on the right just makes me thing of Box from Logan's Run...

Jefferoo posted:

The extended diagonal line on the left makes him look like Box from Logan's Run. Or Captain Pike (blink the green light once for yes, two for no).

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Desperado Bones posted:

I actually hope this does happen at some point, because one of the best parts about watching Cosmopolis was imagining Twilight fans' horrified reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Desperado Bones posted:

I want to see one for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.