Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bentai posted:

:siren::siren::siren:
Want another free unicorn? Post a lap time for the Forza Live Challenge #9 before 1pm Pacific tomorrow (5/9), and vote at http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/6105648.aspx for the car you want.

Alright I finally get my last unicorn! The...Shelby GT500...yay :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

When are you meant to get the unicorn? I set a time and voted in the poll, but I haven't gotten my Scuderia yet.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Vlad the Retailer posted:

When are you meant to get the unicorn? I set a time and voted in the poll, but I haven't gotten my Scuderia yet.
Recently they have been pretty punctual, I would say look out for it Monday or Tuesday. It's got to be done manually by someone at Turn10.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Getting back into Forza 4 since I've gone back to wrenching on my IRL car, apparently LLJK is dead! Just sent a request for AUGR, XBL GamerTag is MasterMandrel. Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to doing some hooning

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Who is the primary organizer of goons who play Forza? I run a club from another forum and have a proposition to make.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Basticle posted:

Who is the primary organizer of goons who play Forza? I run a club from another forum and have a proposition to make.

Going by guessing as far as who organizes the Goon events, I would say GentlemanOfLeisure, but I may be wrong.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Basticle posted:

Yeah you can message me your email on Live GT: whatcubed3 or you can post it here and we can work something out if its fun. I am the club leader of AUGR but there are a couple other goon clubs, I just don't know who runs them. GTCC and SAEG.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yeah you can message me your email on Live GT: whatcubed3 or you can post it here and we can work something out if its fun. I am the club leader of AUGR but there are a couple other goon clubs, I just don't know who runs them. GTCC and SAEG.

Pretty sure that Jarf is one of the current organizsers for SAEG.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

sent you a message on live

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Basticle posted:

Your Mazda FD against whatcubed's A86 on Fujimi downhill? Winner gets a free tank of gas. :japan:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Speaking of AUGR, are we racing tonight?

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003

Cannot Find Server posted:

Speaking of AUGR, are we racing tonight?

Well, are we. I'll jump on if it's a thing!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Seymour Butts posted:

Well, are we. I'll jump on if it's a thing!

Well if nothing else, I'll host a lobby and we can go pubby hopping.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I'm down. Be on in ten.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

SynMoo or Tricerotophat PeppysDilz would be the two you'd need to contact for GTCC.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 15, 2013

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Basticle posted:

Falken (GT Papparazi Tengu) is the owner of SAEG iirc; Jarf (GT Jarf) and I (GT Pissboy Spastic) tend to do the bulk of the organising stuff.

If there's some kind of club v club v club thing on the cards we would definitely be up for that I'm sure.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Scatterfold posted:

Falken (GT Papparazi Tengu) is the owner of SAEG iirc; Jarf (GT Jarf) and I (GT Pissboy Spastic) tend to do the bulk of the organising stuff.

If there's some kind of club v club v club thing on the cards we would definitely be up for that I'm sure.

I'll stay away from those events then, unless team Moving Roadblock(Luminaflare&I) are needed for tactical reasons.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

AzMiLion posted:

I'll stay away from those events then, unless team Moving Roadblock(Luminaflare&I) are needed for tactical reasons.

*Ahem*, moving chicane.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Bentron still races every god drat night.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Luminaflare posted:

*Ahem*, moving chicane.

LOL

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

there's probably a good video of it somewhere, but LF and i are like goddamn magnets on the track, one of us will slam into the other one in the weirdest and dumbest way possible 9 times out of 10 (I've gotten taken out by his AI driver for fucks sake), He also annihilated my 2-eleven once due to a lagspike sending me flying off the track at 200+ Mph, then he pity pushed me around the track for a lap or so. we are usually somewhere in the middle of the pack when this happens and no-one tends to get hit. Apart from that one time TypicalGBS drove a beetle, that thing got punted around like a handegg.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
What's up AUGR? Seeing if anyone is down to do some racing or pubbie hopping tonight? Whatcubed no-showed on me last night :(

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Seymour Butts posted:

What's up AUGR? Seeing if anyone is down to do some racing or pubbie hopping tonight? Whatcubed no-showed on me last night :(
Due to poor turnout I haven't held any racing for the past couple weeks.

However, there is a Club vs Club challenge that might be happening and I need to see who is interested. It's been proposed that a challenge between us and the [PA] club might be pretty fun. I'll let Basticle post more info because he has most of the details worked out already. All we would need is to field about seven drivers to take part in a runoff type of challenge. Anyone interested?

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I'm of barely above average skill level, but I'm down.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I'm always interested in some racing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I would gladly do some racing, as long as it isn't at some obscene late hour during the week, because I go to work at 4 AM.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hi there, I'm Basticle (GT Basticular) and I run Club [PA], from the Penny Arcade forums. Like I told GentlemanofLeisure I was inspired to come up with this, strangely, by the Ping Pong tournaments the guys behind Penny Arcade play against other Seattle game companies. They have a mini tournament within their company before each match to determine rankings and they face off against the guy whos ranked the same on the other team and then tally up individual wins to determine which team wins the match.

Without further ado,

Club [PA] versus Club [AUGR] One on One Tournament

Our two clubs will face off against each other in a best of seven tournament.

Each club will determine their seven best drivers and rank them 7 through 1. Each driver will face off against their counterpart from the other club.

Each club can determine their internal rankings as they see fit. Wheather it is an intra-squad tournament or a vote or whatever is up to you.

The fourteen total drivers will assemble in a lobby at a predetermined time. Only the two drivers of a given rank will race at the same time, the other drivers will spectate.

Each individual competition will be a best two of three heats. Each heat will be 5 minutes on a Timed Race. This setting will remove the small advantage of the car who starts ahead of the other as scoring is based on distance travelled, not who crosses the line first.

After the first heat, a second will be run. If a driver has won both of them than we will move on to the next round. If the heats are tied one to one then a third will be run to determine that round's winner.

After all seven rounds of competition, whichever club has won the most rounds will be determined the overall winner.

The Races

Each individual competition will be with a specific car and track in increasinly faster cars. Upgrades and tuning will be set to stock. This is to make a level playing field.

Each club is encouraged to paint their cars however they see fit though having a uniform club livery would be nice ;)

(I tried to go for some variety of types of cars. Also DLC cars were specifically avoided. Also I have been called a monster by my own clubmembers.)

Lobby Settings

Game Type: TIMED RACE
Environment, Track & Track Conditions: specific to race
Max Players: 16
Max AI Players: 0
Laps: specific to race'
Racers Car Class: Any
Host car class: Any
Drive Type: Any
DAMAGE DIFFICULTY: SIMULATION
Collision Mode: ALWAYS ON

Scoring Type: DISTANCE TRAVELED
Bigger is Better: Yes
Compare Best Lap Scores: No
End Condition: TIME
RACE LENGTH: 05:00
Grid Ordering: RANDOM
Per-Car ROll Off Delay: 0 Seconds
Number of Player BUckets: 2
Score Buckets Independently: YES
Groub By Bucket: YES
Tag Enabled: No
Number of Heats: 1
Number of Teams: None
End of Race Timer: None

Force Team Colors: No
Force Stock Upgrades and Tuning: Yes
Force off Suggested Line: No
Force off STM: Yes
Force Off TCS: Yes
Easiest Braking Allowed: ABS On
Easiest Steering Allowed: Normal
Easiest Shifting Allowed: Automatic
Forced Camera View: None
Disable Wrong Way Indicator: Yes

Bucket Name: Racers
Roll Off Delay: 0s
Min Players: 0
Max Players: 16
Allow Upgrades: No
Everything else: ANY

Bucket Name: Host
Roll off Delay: 10s

Since the host can't spectate, they will be put into a seperate bucket that starts behind the other two and then will have to drive off the track

*edit* as far as time, 9PM EST is when we usually get together, day of the week is flexible, we usually meet on thursdays as that seems to work out best for the most people.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 17, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm totally down, although I would not be particularly competitive except for with the SSC (seriously, I loving adore that thing).

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

I am with a team that. apparently, shall not be named. But I want in on this poo poo.

edit: my gt is bentron, I see I have raced with at least one of you pa guys before.

burtonos fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 16, 2013

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Alright. When are we racing for the top 7 spots?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I'm in as long as the timing works out.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Alright, looks like the hammer has been thrown down.

I will host a lobby on Tuesday, May 21st at 10pm EST to have the runoff for spots 1-7. As the AUGR club has had trouble fielding more than 6 racers in the recent past, I suggest that ANY goon racers are welcome and we can do a general SomethingAwful vs Penny Arcade type deal. So we will likely have some AUGR, GTCC, TIAM and maybe even an SAEG or two.

We will do 4 races to determine ranks 1-7. Scoring will be done per race, your position will be your points, total score will be accumulation of points earned. So if you finish 1, 3, 2, 5 you get 11 points and are ranked ahead of someone who finished 2, 1, 1, 15 for 19 points.

Races will be in tuned cars at the listed PI, no tuning restrictions in place, using the same race settings listed above.

- S700 at Le Mans La Sarthe (Chicane version) (2 laps)
- A600 at Silverstone GP (4 laps)
- B500 at Nurburgring GP Short (4 laps)
- C425 at Suzuka West (4 laps)

Bring your big boy pants :madmax:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just re-read my post and realized I had listed the lobby settings set to allow upgrades and tuning. I fixed it but I figure everyone saw that we were running stock cars so :downs:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Send L_Harrison, we win.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Send L_Harrison, we win.
No cheater cars!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I will host a lobby on Tuesday, May 21st at 10pm EST to have the runoff for spots 1-7. As the AUGR club has had trouble fielding more than 6 racers in the recent past, I suggest that ANY goon racers are welcome and we can do a general SomethingAwful vs Penny Arcade type deal. So we will likely have some AUGR, GTCC, TIAM and maybe even an SAEG or two.

We will do 4 races to determine ranks 1-7. Scoring will be done per race, your position will be your points, total score will be accumulation of points earned. So if you finish 1, 3, 2, 5 you get 11 points and are ranked ahead of someone who finished 2, 1, 1, 15 for 19 points.

Races will be in tuned cars at the listed PI, no tuning restrictions in place, using the same race settings listed above.

Noooooo I won't be home until Wednesday :(

No cheater cars!

The only time Harrison was not competitive was in Forza 3 when he decided to use a C1 Corvette in an A-class race. He can and will win in anything.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

The only time Harrison was not competitive was in Forza 3 when he decided to use a C1 Corvette in an A-class race. He can and will win in anything.

Maybe he and I will race for pinks?

VVVV Now the gauntlet has been thrown down!

burtonos fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 17, 2013

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Looks like I need to dust off my controller for this :madmax:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I'll come representing GTCC. But I demand that all assists be turned off for the big boy league chew showdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003

YF19pilot posted:

I'll come representing GTCC. But I demand that all assists be turned off for the big boy league chew showdown.

Why would you suggest that when the Club Challenge Thowdown (or whatever you call it) doesn't even require that they are turned off? I race with all assists off for the record.

• Locked thread