Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Cast No Engine posted:

Great episode. I'd say it's better than 2 but not as good as 1. Probably because 1 just came out of nowhere, whereas the others had something to live up to. Everyone was really amazing though, it's gonna be a tough vote at the end of the year. I could see it coming down to Time Bobby 2 vs. F&P3, but 4th Anniversary show is right up there with them.

The only thing that bothered me was Scott saying "ka-racks". I feel like he wrote down "characs" when Harris originally said it, but didn't remember that Harris said "carracs" (I don't know the legit phonetic spelling). Not that that matters AT ALL.
I'm with you. I still think I prefer the first one because of the complete blindside it was and the rest, while amazing, keep trying to recreate the same formula without really doing something new. I'm glad the carracks segment went completely bonkers and meta as gently caress though. I was laughing like an idiot 10,000 feet up on a flight, forcibly showing Hamburg what good comedy sounds like.
Gonna stick with 4th Anniversary for best episode this year so far, Wompler and W/Rearden were a loving amazing mix. I want Lauren on the next Wompler/Lissler episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
That was completely insane, I loved it. Great great episode.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I can see myself listening to this episode a bunch more times, incredible stuff. Harris saying "That was all pre-bramble" was amazing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

All the dogmen in the world and I gotta be stuck with this rear end in a top hat.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

All the dogmen in the world and I gotta be stuck with this rear end in a top hat.

Fartscrew me twice, shame on me.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm laughing so hard listening to this.

"Can you Cas-leave us alone?"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I know this gets said every time he's on, including one page ago, but after listening to the first half hour of the 4th Anniversary show, I need to say it again: Every podcast needs to be recorded with Paul F Tompkins sitting in the room, just to hear his background laughs.

Edit: "Gennaro's Lament"

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 14, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Totally agree (I'd add Paul Rust's laugh too), except then we'd eventually run the risk of background laugh-tracks in podcasts. Ugh.

Amazing episode though. I'd say 4th anniversary = F&P3 > Time Bobby 2.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I didn't find P&R3 nearly as good as the first two. 2013 has been pretty great so far and I don't expect to have it on my top 10 at year's end. :colbert:

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

JayMax posted:

I didn't find P&R3 nearly as good as the first two. 2013 has been pretty great so far and I don't expect to have it on my top 10 at year's end. :colbert:

Not even top ten? What do you have ahead of it already?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cast No Engine posted:

I feel the same way to be honest. It was definitely a funny episode but I liked the first two a lot more and I enjoyed a bunch of other of this year's episodes more. Off the top of my head:

- 4th Anniversary
- Time Bobby 2
- Pepper Men
- Brendan Walsh/Neil Campbell/Adomian as Ramsay
- Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder
- Lauren Lapkus/Joe Wengert/Adam Brody
- Good Felines

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I liked but didn't love the Adomian one as Ramsay one when it came out, but then as soon as 'You call this a place of business!?' came in on the plugs theme last week I lost it, so maybe it made a deep impression.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Cast No Engine posted:

4th Anniversary
Halfway to China
GoodFelines
Me Gusta Characters
Time Bobby 2
The Bisco Boys

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Ms. Listler and Marissa Wompler just got another show picked up, this time on USA where it'll hopefully be given a fair chance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That's great, their previous show was absolutely phenomenal.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I was dying through the whole episode, but the best part was:
"Last night I was crushing P - crushing penis."
"Last night I was crushing V - crushing velvet."
"Last night I was crushing Chi - crushing Chi McBride"

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
"Is that a Pi?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks like tonight it's gonna be time to Womp up the Jamz!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

This episode had to have been taped a while ago, right? I feel like Lennon Parham has been pregnant FOREVER.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6OXjnBIW-4 Reggie Watts is the best.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Aww snap I just got Reggie Rolled.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The 'Seth and the Lissler at the fridge' incident has now been discussed and analysed so much that I feel like I was actually there. Legendary encounter.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

White Asparagus in the Fage Yogurt.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

It's pronounced "faggy".

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
So who's sending an application to accompany Marissa to Da Prom?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Nothing about the new episode? Weird.

I'm really glad Andy Richter is back. He's one of my favorite guests. It's been nearly a year and a half since he was on the show, which is way too long. Being on a late night talk show every day is probably a pretty demanding schedule though.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
It was a good episode and it was nice to have Cake Boss back, too. They kept saying he hasn't been on the show in a while, which I thought was odd. Didn't they do a Youtube show about a month ago with Cake Boss and Doug Benson?

also can someone explain that "you've got a bad back for a brain" line? Totally lost on that one

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was bummed when looking at the Mars themed restaurant, their website just said "We are no longer in business."

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

barkingclam posted:

It was a good episode and it was nice to have Cake Boss back, too. They kept saying he hasn't been on the show in a while, which I thought was odd. Didn't they do a Youtube show about a month ago with Cake Boss and Doug Benson?

also can someone explain that "you've got a bad back for a brain" line? Totally lost on that one

I'm guessing the episode was recorded before the one with Doug Benson.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

barkingclam posted:

I haven't heard it in context yet but isn't it like calling someone "poo poo for brains" or whatever? Or someone's stupid dummy brain gives out on them like a bad back? Maybe I'm the stupid dummy backbrain.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
What a great episode. I love when PFT gets a little chippy.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

barkingclam posted:

Doan's pills are for backaches.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Nothing about the new episode? Weird.

I'm really glad Andy Richter is back. He's one of my favorite guests. It's been nearly a year and a half since he was on the show, which is way too long. Being on a late night talk show every day is probably a pretty demanding schedule though.

Which reminds me they need to bring back the Who Said It? game.

"Hehe-shamone! Where's Bubbles? Where dem elephant bones at?"

Andy Richter: "Demmm....."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Welp, Andy Daly in a cowboy hat. This should be an amazing guest on the tv show.

http://instagram.com/p/Z3_DyGmZ76/

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Eltoasto posted:

Welp, Andy Daly in a cowboy hat. This should be an amazing guest on the tv show.

http://instagram.com/p/Z3_DyGmZ76/

Dalton Wilcox, Author of You Must Buy Your Wife At Least As Much Jewelry As You Buy Your Horse and Other Poems and Observations Humorous and Otherwise From A Life On the Range

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I'm saying that cowboy's gonna gently caress a hole in the ground :clint:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That was one of the funnier Would You Rather? segments in a while.

"Can you anthropomorphize the donkey with pants and a hat?"

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

soggybagel posted:

"Hehe-shamone! Where's Bubbles? Where dem elephant bones at?"

You have no idea how much I hope there is at least one CBB fan in the White House who could convince Obama to say this into a microphone.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Andy Richter is always great, and there is something special about an Andy/PFT episode. The mood just seems ripe for laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
my wife