Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

a medical mystery posted:

Calling it, Bobby is a merbot.

"Let us please discuss this matter privately in another room, dear Angel." *falls down on his side and flops down the hall like a fish out of water*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bobby has bird legs. The chickcharney was a fakeout the whole time!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bobby wrote the letter, yes, but he was taking dictation from the mice.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Tunicate posted:

Bobby wrote the letter, yes, but he was taking dictation from the mice.
Is this where we find out about the mouse hivemind?

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Now all we need to do is figure out who the mice are taking their orders from.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spaseman posted:

Now all we need to do is figure out who the mice are taking their orders from.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
You know, the letter has never been specifically referenced to as a love letter since Kat first identified it, having only seen the heart on the envelope. Maybe Bobby is curious about human anatomy and is starting with heart functions, but asked some embarrassing personal questions about Kat's body. He probably asked if he could take her apart.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zemyla posted:

Mice are, after all, the most intelligent animals on Earth.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Lab mice have more self-respect than that.

Man lemme tell you how much I love all these Internet people cryin' out boo over Bobby being the author when (a) Bobby himself hasn't even said anything yet and (b) the chapter's not goddamn over

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Zemyla posted:

It's based on proximity though, so the more mice you have in a group the smarter they are. If you run into like a dozen or more you might be in trouble, I hear they can emit psionic bursts at that point.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Zemyla posted:

Don't be silly. Mice don't have hive minds, rats do.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Brightman posted:

It's based on proximity though, so the more mice you have in a group the smarter they are. If you run into like a dozen or more you might be in trouble, I hear they can emit psionic bursts at that point.

Ah, you're full of Skritt.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

SHISHKABOB posted:

They're all 13, right? (by all I mean the kids in the same class as Annie and Kat)

Last page, but I don't think this is the case anymore. They were, I believe, 13 as of Comic #1, but we've had 3 summer breaks since then (if I recall correctly). Which potentially puts them between 15 and 16.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Baron Snow posted:

I'm reminded of something older.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Baron Snow posted:

They're just copying Planescape's cranium rats :colbert: (efb!)

Ursine Asylum posted:

Last page, but I don't think this is the case anymore. They were, I believe, 13 as of Comic #1, but we've had 3 summer breaks since then (if I recall correctly). Which potentially puts them between 15 and 16.

They're currently in year 9, which puts them at about 13-14. At the start of the comic they were 11-12.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
Maybe Bobby is writing on behalf of his good friend Paz. What a good robot friend!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Cat Mattress and DontMockMySmock know what's up. Granted that was a decent skritty pun.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Archaia appears to have Volume 2 back up for order, for those who need to complete the collection.

http://store.archaia.com/products/Gunnerkrigg-Court-Vol.-2%3A-Research.html

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Zemyla posted:

His name is Saxifrage Russell.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

His name is Saxifrage Russell.

Just what the Court needs, someone to bring life forth from technology.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Josef bugman posted:

As a slight derail from robot chat.

Does anyone else keep thinking that the big black bird we saw in the "city face" arcs might have a bit more to do with the story at some point? Maybe it is just me but I thought that, what with Tom drawing a bit of inspiration for naming conventions from Native Americans, we could be seeing Raven making an appearance in the court, possibly as a thing to combat(not actually fight but act as an opposing player to) Coyote on relatively even terms?

Of course I am spinning all of this out of a thing that has about 6 words of dialogue and appears solely in a "break time" cartoon, but I still think it might be interesting.

Cf. mid panel here: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=772

I've held this same theory for a while yet. Not sure what Raven's role would be exactly, but more mythology is always welcome.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

Because they don't have that much chemistry? They've only interacted twice in the story: once for City Face the baby pigeon, and once when Kat tried to cheer up Paz and it just got awkward.

Kat has crushes on Eglamore, Batman, and Fox Mulder; and she flirted with Alistair before he turned into a bird, and with Jack before he got Zimmied. Also look at the first panel here. Obviously she's totally a lesbian.

Paz completely crushed on Matt, and his pining for another girl (who is a goddess) is what broke her heart and caused Kat to try to cheer her up. So, totally a lesbian too.

I don't disagree that there's not much chemistry between Paz and Kat, but being attracted to men does not preclude also being attracted to women!

In pretty much every conversation I've seen on this subject, people seem to forget that 'bisexual' is a thing.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Mirage posted:

Cf. mid panel here: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=772

I've held this same theory for a while yet. Not sure what Raven's role would be exactly, but more mythology is always welcome.

Every time I see that guy in the middle next to the raven I think that he's wearing some kick-rear end rad sunglasses.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I... I feel dumb now, because even though it makes no sense, I totally thought those were sunglasses as well. Thanks to your post, I now realize it is obviously just shading.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You mean he's not Dirk Strider? :confused:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nope, I still can't see that as anything other than pointy anime shades.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Cat Mattress posted:

You mean he's not Dirk Strider? :confused:

Well, he is the Destroyer of Hearts...

\/ Yup

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 16, 2013

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's the archer dude, isn't it? Steadman or something similar.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Geez Kat needs to brush up on the handbook.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Where was the mockery? The handbook promised mockery.

Flitter Reid
Aug 16, 2006

Ow.

cptn_dr posted:

Where was the mockery? The handbook promised mockery.

I love the mocking face in that panel!

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
So much awkward romantic tension... :swoon:

Totally shipping Kat x Bobby OTP

(I hate myself for typing all that)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Don't be bashful, Kat. He's a tin can. Robots don't have feelings.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Paz will now murder Kat to protect Bobby's feelings, and Tom will appear to tell us Gunnerkrigg Court is now a murder mistery. :colbert:

Serious talk now - Poor Bobby. :smith:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tunicate posted:

Don't be bashful, Kat. He's a tin can. Robots don't have feelings.

WOW, racist :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Robotzoned again.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
While I acknowledge people can choose to be robosexuals I do not believe it should be foisted upon our innocent school children!

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Well dang, I was so sure it would be Paz!

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Well the letter hasn't been explained yet, I wouldn't be suprised if come monday it turns out there's something more to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Isorenieratane posted:

Well the letter hasn't been explained yet, I wouldn't be suprised if come monday it turns out there's something more to it.

Yeah, after the rest of the chapter being pretty lighthearted I expect some form of punch in the gut as a chapter ending.