Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nybble posted:

If anything, THAT'S how you do a spoiler tag-line.

That isn't a spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Slate Action posted:

Obscuring the title of the film: always a good idea!

Olympus Fase Allen sounds like a potential title for the new Alan Partridge movie.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Slate Action posted:

What's even funnier is it's painfully obvious how easy it would be to avoid that.

You could literally put the H A S in the center three pillar voids, then leave the other two pillar voids empty for spacing.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Dick Trauma posted:

I like the bottom half but agree the color is wrong. Anything would be better for this than red.

Red would be cool if the movie was called Mars.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Nybble posted:

If anything, THAT'S how you do a spoiler tag-line.
It's on the real poster too. Well, the actual one says "950,000 miles" but who's counting? :v:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Slate Action posted:

If they redid the name and made it a lot more legible I would like this poster quite a bit. The colour scheme is good and the design is pretty cool.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Slate Action posted:

This way it's easy to turn it into a White House Down poster at a later moment!

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

5 minutes:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Crackbone posted:

5 minutes:

Now this poster I like

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Most of those Near Dark posters are interesting in their own way, but drat, that's a dull Blu-Ray cover.

Raided my local video store a few days ago, and came across this:

Checking it online shows that it had a handful of alternate titles, including Slaughter in San Francisco, which had some interesting posters.
The first one completely misrepresents it.

The second one is truer to the film. Kind of. Except that it shows Chuck Norris as the Karate Cop, replacing the actual actor.

The Canadian(?) title, Yellow Faced Tiger, has the most faithful depiction.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

This is probably the shittiest poster. ''Babbys first stock vectors'' all the way.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Crackbone posted:

5 minutes:

This is much better. Not only can you read the title now, but the way "HAS" fits in between the columns and sticks out away from the rest of the title creates a sense of depth and shape.

The poster is still pretty bad tough. The red colour and style of the linework on the weapons evokes Soviet, not Korean propaganda. It also doesn't tell you anything about what the movie's story, tone or themes are. It actually looks like the White House is launching an attack, rather than it being taken over.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Colin's going to snort that kid...

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Darthemed posted:

The second one is truer to the film. Kind of. Except that it shows Chuck Norris as the Karate Cop, replacing the actual actor.

Thats definitely Richard Harrison.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kramjacks posted:

A website called Talenthouse had a contest to design an Olympus Has Fallen poster and this is the one that won.

Apparently that design was worth $3000.

http://www.talenthouse.com/create-artwork-for-olympus-has-fallen

Honestly, that should be the poster for Saints Row IV. Just color it purple and gold and change the title.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

ravenkult posted:

I found a fan poster that doesn't suck.

I like it. Should be a different color though because it looks like a sequel to this:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If the text was still white, that'd be great.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Way too lazy to do that.

I like this poster.

Great movie too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Baron Bifford posted:

Here is a battle scene from the Asylum move Age of the Hobbits. It is hilariously bad. I've seen the full movie. There are dragons, but they do not breathe fire. Also, I don't remember seeing the guy in the hooded robe (that guy is carrying a steel dagger, and this movie is supposed to be set in the Stone Age). I read somewhere that Warner Bros forced the Asylum to retitle this to "Clash of the Empires", which I think is the first time their business model has been successfully challenged.

Well that's because they tried the specious argument that because scientists nicknamed that prehistoric tribe as "hobbits" that they were allowed to use it. Also I thought they got in trouble for their Battleship knock off for actually using the word "Battleship" in their title.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Always liked the posted for Scanners:

The Thai version takes a few liberties:

And the obligatory lovely Minimalist one:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Robert Denby posted:

I like it. Should be a different color though because it looks like a sequel to this:

?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Trauma posted:

The Thai version takes a few liberties:

DINWUBS looks like a pretty cool movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Saw this on Twitter.

Yeah, that sure is a movie about a pub.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Fast And Furious 6 (I like how they have just given up with the titles) is out here tomorrow, this is also coming out DTV

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slasherfan posted:

Fast And Furious 6 (I like how they have just given up with the titles) is out here tomorrow, this is also coming out DTV

Reminds me a lot of the Crank Blu Ray cover. Hell, I think they may have even used the same font.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

It's like they were making movies off of a movie exec's to-do list and forgot to change the title.

Movies to produce in 2013:

Fairytale adaptation #8
Miscellaneous horror remake
3D rerelease of Gremlins or something
Fast and Furious 6
Paul Walker vehicle #19
Comic book movie
Michael Bay's Transformers The Musical

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Slasherfan posted:

In Malaysia (and maybe a few other countries), this is being released in theaters 2 weeks before Fast 6.

The original tagline was really silly.

They probably thought it sounded badass, but instead it sounds like "This is not the car we asked for! Obviously, you are not qualified for this job."

Also, it's apparently trying to one up Live Free or Die Hard. Three cop cars hitting a helicopter!

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

Waffleman_ posted:

Saw this on Twitter.

Yeah, that sure is a movie about a pub.

This honestly looks like something somebody whipped up in a couple minutes for Shaun of the Dead back in the day and just switched out the title.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
So I decided to punch "good minimalist posters" into Google image search and see if I actually liked any.

I found 3. Out of several hundred.

Somebody who understands the importance of color:

Somebody who understands that minimalism doesn't mean "stuff the picture full of your lovely in-jokes."

And this one has to be a professional work:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

No idea what's the first one, the LOTR one is decent but the Drive one is still poo poo. I'm starting to think there's no way to capture the essence of Drive in a poster.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

:what:

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I found out today that there were 6 character posters for Melancholia, and one of them was of Lars Von Trier. That's hilarious:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I kind of like this one, but the others, meh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Slasherfan posted:

I don't think they ever knew what they wanted to do with the titles. That series has the most inconsistent naming scheme I've ever seen.

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious
Fast 5
Fast and Furious 6

Just pick something!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Apparently the title card for fnf6 is just "Furious 6"

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I also like how they are still supposed to be prequels to part 3.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

I also like how they are still supposed to be prequels to part 3.

That's my favorite part.

A movie that was set in the present in 2006 has been pushed at least to 2013.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Way to gently caress up the perfect alignment of names/actors in the original! Everyone knows Carrie Fisher played Vader. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

That's my favorite part.

A movie that was set in the present in 2006 has been pushed at least to 2013.

They're also in continuity with the director's debut, Better Luck Tomorrow, where the character of Han was first introduced. And that movie came out and was set in 2002, and Han was still in high school in it. So all these movies take place between 2003 at earliest and 2006, or they have, like you said, bumped both of them to taking place way after they were originally set.