Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Oh my god Pato that was awful, that was Torres level of loving it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
poo poo game but Boca got very lucky. Bianchi is undefeated against brazilian teams in Brazil :O

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
I hate Boca, but Corinthians is a "cuadro cagón" if I ever saw one.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
So with Gremio out, it is not possible to have an all Brazil final anymore. If both Atletico and Fluminense advance, they will be matched up in the semifinals.

At this point, I think that the semifinals are going to be Atletico x Fluminense and Newell's x Independiente Santa Fe. And honestly, the real final would be Atletico X Flu.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

El Hefe posted:

Oh my god Pato that was awful, that was Torres level of loving it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PLZJnxm9c

Ahahah it looks worse than I remember it. Corinthians had two legit goals taken away iirc, bad refs that match.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

hahaha that's just terrible, poor Pato

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
The weird thing was that early that day there were reports of Corinthians' president flying to Asunción with the sole purpose of getting a localist referee assigned to that match. And looked like he achieved that when Carlos Amarilla was named.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Drogadon posted:

:negative: Sums up the Libertadores pretty well. Oh well, come on mineiro.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Drogadon posted:

Looks like he took some tips from Robinho.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
Can't support Olympia after they knocked out Tigre, but this match hasnt been very good for either side so far.

professor muthafukkah
Feb 27, 2006

oh lord...

joepinetree posted:

Rogerio Ceni (Sao Paulo's gk) should really retire...

Hey, gently caress you.

(but yes)

edit: fun Rogerio Ceni fact, he's been at the club for 21 years!

professor muthafukkah fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 24, 2013

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
god drat tijuana are looking great at home. 1-0.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
What the hell is up with the field at Tijuana?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

joepinetree posted:

What the hell is up with the field at Tijuana?

It's artificial grass.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Magrov posted:

It's artificial grass.

No wonder they haven't suffered a goal at home. that field is ridiculous.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

joepinetree posted:

No wonder they haven't suffered a goal at home. that field is ridiculous.

You jinxed them.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
poetic justice that the 2nd goal of atletico mineiro came in a play where the Tijuana defender mistimed the bounce of the ball.

madbeaner
Sep 11, 2003
i love you
Not sure what was poetic or just about the 500 pound gorilla tying the underdog, but good (if amazingly frustrating) match. At least it was fun to see Ronaldinho cry constantly in person.

madbeaner fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 25, 2013

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
While the match was fun, it wasn't very good soccer. All the goals came from bad defensive failures, and Atletico Mineiro especially was having a hard time adjusting to the surface. I honestly think it is ridiculous that FIFA apparently went back on their decision to ban artificial turf.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So union espanola are apetura champions of chile

so now the jokes have started

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
This Newell's - Boca game has been great.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
10 penalty shots for each side and no winner yet.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

This is the worst shootout ever.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I have to agree with the guy grabbing his balls.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Good game last night. Newell's has Heinze, Lucas Bernardi, Kily Gonzalez and others playing for them, wouldn't surprise me if they go all the way.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
wow, what a save for mineiro in stoppage time.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Everything is poo poo and why I had to stay till 10 pm at work to see the game in a tiny and crappy stream window. :(

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
When both teams leave the field crying, you know it was a great game.

madbeaner
Sep 11, 2003
i love you
Jesus loving christ I hate everything. I still can't believe a) Riascos shot instead of Arce or Pelle b) the offside called on the first goal. On the bright side, artifical or on grass, home or away, they didn't beat us :) One loss throughout the tourney, in a difficult group where we weren't given chances of making it past group stage. Overall a good experience, albeit frustrating.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
There was a tijuana player clearly offsides in that goal. He may not have hit the ball, but he was close enough to the play that it was absolutely the right call. Reffing wasn't perfect, but it was pretty even and both teams have stuff to complain about, so it wasn't what determined the outcome.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

madbeaner posted:

Jesus loving christ I hate everything. I still can't believe a) Riascos shot instead of Arce or Pelle b) the offside called on the first goal. On the bright side, artifical or on grass, home or away, they didn't beat us :) One loss throughout the tourney, in a difficult group where we weren't given chances of making it past group stage. Overall a good experience, albeit frustrating.

Yeah it was a good ride while it lasted.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Independiente is just a game away of getting relegated for the first time and their lifetime rivals, made this to anticipate the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTZsqSBTwLA

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 6, 2013

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol that owns

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Are the big teams in Argentina all broke or something? Why are them suddenly going down or being pretty close?

That said, I hope San Lorenzo go down never to return

and Boca too

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Forgot to post this earlier. Peñarol won the Uruguayan Championship last night and well...

The first picture is from a building belonging to the Supreme Court and the police say that "radical leftist" groups were the ones who did that taking advantage of the crowds in the street. But who knows, gently caress peñarol anyway.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Polidoro posted:

Are the big teams in Argentina all broke or something? Why are them suddenly going down or being pretty close?

That said, I hope San Lorenzo go down never to return

and Boca too

Everybody's broke but thats not the problem. River, Independiente and San Lorenzo all had a string of corrupt and inept presidents in the last 10 years that used the clubs as a platform for their own business. Buying expensive but crappy players that were managed by their buddies, selling youngsters for a quick buck not allowing them to develop properly ( like the time River used percentages of a couple of players to pay the company that painted the stadium). Add that to a couple of bad seasons and you end suffering the same system that was installed to protect you from getting relegated.
San Lorenzo management were a bit more smart and made changes to turn around their situation and now are a bit more safe from getting relegated.

I think the relegation of Independiente will force Grondona to finally change the system and make it more reasonable (or totally insane like having a 40 team first division).

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I guess never finishing their stadium will be a problem for independiente if/when they go down.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
They'll never finish the stadium relegation or not.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Hey guys world cup qualifiers are on in about 5 hours

I guess it's that time I have to hate you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Marco Etcheverry recently said Venezuela are only good for producing telenovelas and Miss Universes, oh boy it'll be really funny if we beat them today in La Paz.