Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Joe Don Baker posted:

Look at the credits:

Vocal Recording by Scott Salem;

"SCOTT!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So I'm going to go ahead and assume this was recorded at their Sirius studio?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Wasco Jr. posted:

Haha, Stern's daughter is loving useless, I would have never have went looking for this poo poo if he didn't cry about being cyber bullied

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/emilystern2

If that was ANY other celebrities child stern would be goofing on this tripe so hard.

What. The. Actual. gently caress.

This doesn't even sound like it was planned or rehearsed. It sounds like she just got high, put on a nature-sounds CD, and improvised to it.

... actually, in that context, it wouldn't be too bad. But unfortunately she clearly did it in a studio. With Scott Salem working the controls. After rehearsing with a vocal coach. I'm not sure my brain can process this.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Need clips of her saying "NIGGERLESS CAGE"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

jimma posted:

What. The. Actual. gently caress.

This doesn't even sound like it was planned or rehearsed. It sounds like she just got high, put on a nature-sounds CD, and improvised to it.

... actually, in that context, it wouldn't be too bad. But unfortunately she clearly did it in a studio. With Scott Salem working the controls. After rehearsing with a vocal coach. I'm not sure my brain can process this.

I purchased one of the songs and wrote a review, don't know if it will be published.

"The audio on this song must have been switched by Scott, he always goofs stuff up, but it literally sounds like somebody was at a park reading terrible poems. You just hear birds chirping and water and it is pretty relaxing until some lady starts whispering into the microphone. If this song was an actor, it would be Eric the Midget. The Jackie puppet getting kicked in the crotch would make a better noise. If they played this on America's Got Talent, Howard would have to tell them they have no talent and should give up on making music. Benjy's girlfriend sings better than this."

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"

AxeManiac posted:

I purchased one of the songs and wrote a review, don't know if it will be published.

"The audio on this song must have been switched by Scott, he always goofs stuff up, but it literally sounds like somebody was at a park reading terrible poems. You just hear birds chirping and water and it is pretty relaxing until some lady starts whispering into the microphone. If this song was an actor, it would be Eric the Midget. The Jackie puppet getting kicked in the crotch would make a better noise. If they played this on America's Got Talent, Howard would have to tell them they have no talent and should give up on making music. Benjy's girlfriend sings better than this."

Good show sir, drat good show. The nerve of Howard goofing on Scott's son's band and telling them to give it up and then asking Scott to record this shite it's hilarious.

How do you add tags to Amazon? I want to label her music trust fund art.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Oh, it went live, take that billionaire in the hamptons living his dream with is hot trophy wife!

http://www.amazon.com/review/RF6XYTKYYRL68

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
This review was helpful to me.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Great news, her album is on Googles' new music service! This is going to make the weekend amazing.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Oh man, I dying here. I don't even know what's most funny or even where to begin.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The music is terrible, but we only care because she's Howard's daughter. I feel bad for her. She must get this kind of poo poo every waking second of her life.

Edit: On second thought, gently caress it. If you choose a life in the entertainment industry, I guess you've pretty much signed on for whatever professional critique is gonna come your way.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
gently caress that poo poo, she isn't taking Daddy's money and raising a family in private she's decided she's a deep artist and putting herself out in public which makes her fair game.

http://imgur.com/JrP6sxc

Look at that poo poo, that is a person who needs to be told she is an rear end in a top hat.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Wasco Jr. posted:

Look at that poo poo, that is a person who needs to be told she is an rear end in a top hat.

I don't know if I'd go that far -- based on this photo and her "music", I kind of wonder if maybe she has actual mental health issues.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Wasco Jr. posted:

http://imgur.com/JrP6sxc

I stand corrected. That's just...my god.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

I feel like I'm having an Emergency Now

Thank you, thank you.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Look at that hooked-nose Jew.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

Oh, it went live, take that billionaire in the hamptons living his dream with is hot trophy wife!

Un-ironically, you're right that Benjy's girlfriend DOES sing better than this.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
that ear...ugh.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
OH my god you guys, Eric just replied to me and people started attacking him! I stood up for him, I hope he becomes my friend now.

https://twitter.com/EricTheActor11/status/335583600332378114

I was going to follow up with "I heard you played baby Kal-el who landed on earth" but I want him to be my friend now.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

So is this the same daughter that was topless for Jewish community theater, or is he ashamed of 2 of his kids?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Catching up on Wednesday's show now and this Rob Cordry stuff was great. Not only does he get into a fight with Benjy during the show, but they go at it even more viciously during the Wrap-Up Show, with a bunch of the other staffers legitimately getting pissed at Benjy as well.

Benjy-bashing can be cathartic at times, when he's not allowed to respond as much.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

Holy crap she looks exactly like a younger Howard. And no woman should like that. Seriously, she could probably play young Howard in a Private Parts remake.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ochowie posted:

Holy crap she looks exactly like a younger Howard. And no woman should like that. Seriously, she could probably play young Howard in a Private Parts remake.

The creepiest thing is that she never even tried to be pretty. She could have pulled it off if this wasn't the first picture I ever saw of her. She really hates her dad.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Oh for gently caress's sake, Eric...

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

That's like shooting fish in a barrel if the fish were already dead. And laying on the grass outside of the barrel.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I like to think that Eric is using a text-to-speech program and the caps are from him yelling furiously into the mic.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Well, no. Then it would read

BRRRGH, DURKKA ERGH URFF A DOOGABLOOMA URGH.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

AxeManiac posted:

She also has a blog that nobody reads.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/emily_stern

All of the rants that Howard has made about people who waste their lives suddenly make a lot more sense.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

All of the rants that Howard has made about people who waste their lives suddenly make a lot more sense.

His therapist should be helping with that.

Emily stern posted:

Birth Day is an album of 8 songs woven with lyrical melodies and 3 intricately crafted poems orchestrated almost entirely by natural sounds. It explores archetypes and the divine feminine in our collective unconscious with extreme sensitivity to the complexity and daring of spiritual experience. Musical accompainment includes chant, prayer, cicadas, bees, birds, heartbeat, the shofar, a full home birth, thunderstorms, and a conglomerate of conversations on Amsterdam Avenue on a Saturday at midnight.

:stare:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oh man, that picture is just horrifying. It's an awful angle and she already looks like Howard. Yeesh.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Props to Howard for raising kids who actually do that weird bullshit instead of just overdosing on drugs. Usually when kids have that much money and that much free time they start getting zonked out on crazy poo poo just to have something to do.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

kylej posted:

Props to Howard for raising kids who actually do that weird bullshit instead of just overdosing on drugs. Usually when kids have that much money and that much free time they start getting zonked out on crazy poo poo just to have something to do.

Well from what I've read it really only seems to be his middle daughter that's into weird poo poo. His older daughter seems hyper-averse to any public attention so you just never read or hear about her, ever, and his youngest seems like a normal college kid.

vvv Whoops, that's what I get for not checking out his wiki page first to confirm the daughter order.

qbert fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 18, 2013

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

qbert posted:

Well from what I've read it really only seems to be his middle daughter that's into weird poo poo. His older daughter seems hyper-averse to any public attention so you just never read or hear about her, ever, and his youngest seems like a normal college kid.

This is the oldest daughter, Emily I think. Debra is the middle one that went to Washington U in St. Louis and lives in San Fran. The youngest one is probably near college aged.

This one though...she is the actress. Isn't she the one who got engaged right around the time that Howard did, too? And then on SFN, et al they were saying she is gay now and a big activist or something.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

kylej posted:

I don't know, those songs seem like the idea of someone either drunk or high.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

quote:

and the vampires, yes, who live forever know the immortal and teach your blood they place beyond.

In the foundation below the foundation

or simply the FOUNDation that I am opening to you with the cheesed of yesod

I need the Kirk Douglas "what are you saying?" sound drop.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Howard Stern Show Megathread: I am opening to you with the cheesed of yesod

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sasquatch! posted:

Un-ironically, you're right that Benjy's girlfriend DOES sing better than this.

She sounds like she's singing along to Frank Drebin taking an extremely long piss break.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, those poems sound like something a lunatic would mumble in the subway. Those are some weird things. I'd love to hear Howard armchair analyze them.

quote:

And we can play and you enjoy when I'm myself. Deep in the forest of existence is the world of you're supposed to be(1). I'm not gonna write so that you love me(2), and I have noticed that when I care for you, I let you know that sometimes the face gets ripped off (3) and finds the You you are.

I miss you
I’ve missed you.
I’ve missed knowing. (4)
I asked for this life. (5)
I asked for what’s true.
People not on this path… are looking for you.(6)

1. She is talking about her father, Howard, who is the world not to just her, but to himself and millions of listeners
2. Howard is emotionally distant, she has no way to communicate with him unless it is public
3. I can't blame her for wanting to rip off faces with those genetics
4. Obvious father issues
5. Children of famous rich people problems
6 TDM and poor stupid listeners who don't understand how powerful we, the elite, are

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Man you guys are late on the Emily Stern Hate Train. The meme to come out of that whole debacle is trying to say Zoo Za Zoo on the Show without getting cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Since I get all my Stern news from this thread I literally didn't know about it until yesterday.

Here is a pretty cute bit with her as a kid though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7Z-ZBzCJw

Wasco Jr. fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 19, 2013