Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'd be perfectly fine with them adding Totally Not Dio, who is Dio with a fake mustache and a slightly altered moveset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

MonsterEnvy posted:

After Part 7 Dio is confirmed we should have all the Dio we need for this game.

Don't forget about Part 8 Dio, JojoLion synchs up with the 100 year timer lock disengaging in New York. Didnt Lucy stuff his body in there with the corpse? Itll be Jesus Dio

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Meme Emulator posted:

Don't forget about Part 8 Dio, JojoLion synchs up with the 100 year timer lock disengaging in New York. Didnt Lucy stuff his body in there with the corpse? Itll be Jesus Dio

That honestly would be really cool if it happened.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Would it be too much to ask for if I wanted Dire's head to be a stage obstacle in Dio's Castle, spitting roses at any vampire characters? Maybe it can be a stage specific win for Jonathan.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If they include Straits, then Dire's head could be a special move for him.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Jojolion #21 is finally done. poo poo, rapidly approaching realness, etc.

I would rather enjoy it if Jousuke's unidentified other half turns out to be Johnny. Or Jesus. Whichever works.

EDIT: I think we might have hit 「peak brackets」 on the bottom of page 39.

LordMune fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 19, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When I try to go to another page, it just gives me a blank page with nothing on it?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Works fine for me, on two different browsers and internet connections. Try again? Second page is a JPEG, if that makes any difference for whatever reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It works now.

Edit: Nevermind, it was just the second page that works now.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
If you're still having issues, try here.

Also, Rina must have been some woman, to risk breaking out Jesus like that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And its revealed that Dio's corpse fused with the corpse giving him life and immortalty so he could murder Johnny.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

LordMune posted:

Jojolion #21 is finally done. poo poo, rapidly approaching realness, etc.

I would rather enjoy it if Jousuke's unidentified other half turns out to be Johnny. Or Jesus. Whichever works.

EDIT: I think we might have hit 「peak brackets」 on the bottom of page 39.
This is said pretty often, but these were seriously the best sound effects in the history of anything:
Panic!
!!2 Panic2!!2 Panic2!!2
Panic4

I like that the last one loses its exclamation points. Panic to the fourth power is intense enough as it is.

Josuke[?] has got to be my favorite protagonist since Joseph, if only for the line:
"Officers... I have to go pay for some pricey South American turtles or whatever, so with that... I've won."
[Walks away]
"Ah, one more thing... Allow me to make that very clear."
[Crazy Jojo Pose]
"The Winner... Is Me.
By a wide margin."

:swoon:

MonsterEnvy posted:

And its revealed that Dio's corpse fused with the corpse giving him life and immortalty so he could murder Johnny.
Holy poo poo that's actually loving possible. Even plausible. And I think I like it.
I thought I'd had enough of Dio, but the one thing that could really make me accept even more of him would be literal Jesus Dio.

Even better if he only had the head and murdered Johnny for his body (Johnny's head was crushed under a rock), making him the opposite of Part 3's Vampire/Jonathon Dio: Jesus/Johnny Dio.

The final battle of Jojolion is going to be Kira vs. Dio, and somehow both of them are half Jesus half Jojo (but different Jojos).

Holy poo poo, not only did I write that last line, I meant it. Jojolion is the best.

(I fully expect it to be even crazier than I'm thinking, and certainly more original, but the mere fact that the absurd mystery leads to thoughts like this is beautiful.)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I'm kinda sad that there's no Gyro shrine.

Also I think that Rina's and Holly's sicknesses could be related, what with the memory loss.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 19, 2013

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Jojolion you keep getting better, please continue greating away

Anyway, the final boss will be Jesus' head on Johnny's body, which is then merged with this reality's version of Okuyasu for some reason.

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
I must be really out of it because I still have no idea what happened. Did Josuke plan that out or did the stand just do whatever it wanted or was there some sort of pattern it followed or what?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

failedninja posted:

I must be really out of it because I still have no idea what happened. Did Josuke plan that out or did the stand just do whatever it wanted or was there some sort of pattern it followed or what?

Josuke planned it out. That's why he... is the winner.

Man, the plot is really cooking now. I guess Rina's disease is her stand? Looks like some sort of stand. I guess Rina ends up getting the corpse and using her powers to kill Johnny. And then the Higashikatas end up with it, and that explains why they all have stands.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Begemot posted:

Man, the plot is really cooking now. I guess Rina's disease is her stand? Looks like some sort of stand.[/spoiler]

That's what I thought too, and it got me thinking: First Johnny's wife develops a stand that threatens her life, then Johnny dies and a tree near his grave mysteriously develops a stand. Now Joshuu and Yasuho both suddenly develop stands after hanging out with Josuke for a while. Could it be that Johnny and Josuke are both somehow unconsciously turning normal people around them into stand users, like some kind of walking stand arrows?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

I dunno, both Joushuu and Yasuho (and Daiya) developed their stands after falling ill as a result of being bitten by something at the Wall Eyes. Something is doing it, but I don't think it's Jousuke directly (as he has the same bite marks).

It seems likely that the current Stand plague will eventually be traced back to Johnny/Jesus, though...

Or it's an invisible Dio-Jesus ghost, buried but freed by the earthquake, biting everyone because he's a vampire again somehow.

LordMune fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 19, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Some weird poo poo is happening to the land in Japan and people are developing stands. Johnny took the corpse out, and then returned to Japan. It stands to reason that he brought the corpse back with him, and it is probably still in Japan. Rina was apparently cured by the time Johnny died, thus the obvious conclusion is that Johnny succeeded with the corpse.

So, exactly what happened to the corpse, then? There is a clear line from Johnny to the Higashikata family, so it is very possible that they either have it or are seeking it.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Having the corpse buried in the town is a reasonable explanation for all the unusual qualities that the ground the town is built on possesses - burying things makes them merge and switch parts with each other, the wall eyes, something biting people and giving them stands. I don't think that the other half of Josuke could be Johnny's corpse because Soft and Wet has qualities of Kira's stand, and if the other half was Johnny's body then it'd be a fusion of Killer Queen and Tusk when its apparently the fusion of Killer Queen's bubbles and a stand that could 'plunder' things. Its possible that Josuke's part Jesus and part Kira but I doubt it somehow, you'd think there would be some more obvious signs if he had Jesus powers. That said, there's been no sign that anyone intentionally meant to 'create' Josuke by burying Kira and another corpse together, so maybe Jesus' body did just see and opportunity to get back into the world of the living and just stole bits of Kira's corpse to come back to life.

I'm really digging this whole mystery so far. I just read the end of SBR again and I couldn't find a mention that they hid Dio's corpse in the vault with the holy corpse, is that just the scan I was reading being bad or is the whole dio thing just speculation?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Red Bones posted:

Having the corpse buried in the town is a reasonable explanation for all the unusual qualities that the ground the town is built on possesses - burying things makes them merge and switch parts with each other, the wall eyes, something biting people and giving them stands. I don't think that the other half of Josuke could be Johnny's corpse because Soft and Wet has qualities of Kira's stand, and if the other half was Johnny's body then it'd be a fusion of Killer Queen and Tusk when its apparently the fusion of Killer Queen's bubbles and a stand that could 'plunder' things. Its possible that Josuke's part Jesus and part Kira but I doubt it somehow, you'd think there would be some more obvious signs if he had Jesus powers. That said, there's been no sign that anyone intentionally meant to 'create' Josuke by burying Kira and another corpse together, so maybe Jesus' body did just see and opportunity to get back into the world of the living and just stole bits of Kira's corpse to come back to life.

I'm really digging this whole mystery so far. I just read the end of SBR again and I couldn't find a mention that they hid Dio's corpse in the vault with the holy corpse, is that just the scan I was reading being bad or is the whole dio thing just speculation?

Yeah but the tree near Johnny's dead body steals thing and this all may have happened because Johnny stole the corpse. Maybe Johnny's stand changed after he did that?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Red Bones posted:

I think its just, what else would Lucy have done? She just exploded a major celebrity's head with his alternate universe's head. Or, well, soon to be celebrity, since he won the SBR. A 100 year vault is a nice place to hide that kind of evidence.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Meme Emulator posted:

I think its just, what else would Lucy have done? She just exploded a major celebrity's head with his alternate universe's head. Or, well, soon to be celebrity, since he won the SBR. A 100 year vault is a nice place to hide that kind of evidence.

Stephen Steel shows up after she's killed Diego though, and before they seal the vault. I think a millionaire businessman could find somewhere to hide a body that isn't the vault with a magical corpse inside.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Dio's corpse merges with Jesus -> Johnny takes the corpse back to heal his wife

-> Wife is healed
-> Johnny buries vampire Dio Jesus -> vampire Jesus merges with the earth l

Anyone else realize that the bite marks are just like canine impressions?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think it's going to be Dio because his head blew up and heads are pretty important. As such Jesus' head is going to steal Dio's body and be the dominant personality, and it will be revealed he was an evil vampire all along and the magic corpse and all the bible stuff was Araki vampire glamour. Also he is going to be this universe's Giorno and have Gold Experience.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just don't know what the gently caress is going on but I know that I love it so drat much. Araki is really outdoing himself with JoJolion.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
100 days till Jojo ASB comes out!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

100 days till Jojo ASB comes out!

What a dream job it must be to be a part of that creative team.

Also, the new JoJolion is just more evidence I really need to read SBR. I've read all of Part 1-6, but only the first quarter or so of SBR before my schedule changed and I wasn't able to read as much manga. Haven't gone back to it yet, but it's definitely time to.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A short video from Antfish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjy5_DFrOJY

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've finally completed the volumes of JJBA released over here in the west. It's a really good translation that even with some of its goofy name changes is still worth spending money on. Also for anyone wondering, they did call Vanilla Ice by his name, so I'm pretty sure if they can get away with it there they can do it in anything.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Buccellati, Narancia and Diavolo from Part 5 have apparently been confirmed for ASB in the new Weekly Shonen Jump!

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:11 on May 29, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kurtofan posted:

Buccellati, Narancia and Diavolo from Part 5 have apparently been confirmed for ASB in the new Weekly Shonen Jump!
YES!
YES!
How does King Crimson work?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Perigryn posted:

YES!
YES!

Ability is activated, and suddenly you've won the match.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Perigryn posted:

YES!
YES!

There's no translation yet but there's a scan!

Also I forgot to mention it but the Kira Family House from Part 4 was revealed as a stage with Atom Heart Father as a stage hazard.

quote:

New Stage, Kira Estate!!

From Part 4, this new stage is Yoshikage Kira’s home! Kira’s father, Yoshihiro and his stand “Atom Heart Father”, are confined within!?

Photo to the right
If a photo gets activated, Yoshihiro floats down from above, then attacks with a kitchen knife!!

And it seems there's a new stage here as well, it looks like the train of Beach Boy/Grateful Dead.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 29, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I'm actually more interested to see Sticky Fingers in action. Popping in and out of the scenery sounds fun as hell.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Volare Via! Arrivederci!

Every character that has a special finishing line needs to be in ASB so I can spam them gleefully.

That's seriously some awesome news though. I guess Part 6 and Part 7 will have a few characters each coming up next? Since 4 got Koichi and Akira last time and now 5 got a new bunch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yessss! Been wanting a playable Bruno so much! That and Diavolo's silly King Crimson shenanigans will make the game awesome to play.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

And it seems there's a new stage here as well, it looks like the train of Beach Boy/Grateful Dead.

This and Narancia are the best reveals. Now just give me Prosciutto complete with old man versions of each character and I'm set (No I'm not). I can almost guarantee though that King Crimson isn't going to function like he does in the manga, much like how it worked in Part 5.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

The only thing close to doing King Crimson that I can think of is that you could gently caress with frames somehow, like when you use it you can just skip the other player's animations and cancel the attack, so they're just left standing where the move would've put them but without ever having hit you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
It wouldn't be that hard to do King Crimson right if they wanted to. All it would have to do is force the opponent into a tandem super for some length of time. Problem being that he then gets guaranteed damage, basically.

• Locked thread