Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Torygraph published it's own Big Dave article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/10062739/Why-wrestling-fanatic-Dave-Meltzer-deserves-the-Pulitzer-Prize.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Why are people suddenly writing about Meltzer?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They could have at least tried to pretend they didn't just reprint the NYT article without doing a shred of independent research.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

They could have at least tried to pretend they didn't just reprint the NYT article without doing a shred of independent research.

British Journalism.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Rodney the Piper posted:

Holly came across as a human being and not a raving psychopath like he's basically been portrayed a lot on the Internet.

I don't know that anyone thought he was a raging psychopath as much as an rear end in a top hat and a bully, which he still pretty much is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gonzo McFee posted:

British Journalism.

Would need more phone hacking.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

triplexpac posted:

Why are people suddenly writing about Meltzer?

Because he is awesome and deserves it?

Edit: Yes I realize it is lovely journalism, but still Dave is getting mentioned which is awesome.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 23, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
No it's what Bobkatt said. Someone else did the work and British journalism is lazy and corrupt as gently caress.

Edit: The Telegraph is doing to The New York Post what Lords of Pain does to Dave Meltzer!

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 23, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

No it's what Bobkatt said. Someone else did the work and British journalism is lazy and corrupt as gently caress.

Edit: The Telegraph is doing to The New York Post what Lords of Pain does to Dave Meltzer!

The New York Post is basically what the Telegraph is. We can debate which is worse, but both are awful rags.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Post would [probably be more on the level of the Daily Mail.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRanTer posted:

The New York Post is basically what the Telegraph is. We can debate which is worse, but both are awful rags.

I mistyped. Meant to write New York Times. I know the NYP is a piece of Murdoch poo poo.

Also the Torygraph is worse because the owners bought an island, forced democracy on it and then fired everyone on the island for not voting the way they were told.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRanTer posted:

Please the Telegraph is fine and nothing like the Post.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
No agents, Vince has retaliated in the past for people using them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

gfanikf posted:

Every time I hear about a news outlet in the UK it sounds bad so I am just assuming here!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRanTer posted:

Every time I hear about a news outlet in the UK it sounds bad so I am just assuming here!

Fair enough.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

gfanikf posted:

Telegraph is pretty terrible.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gonzo McFee posted:

Telegraph is pretty terrible.

I've always found it fine, people don't like it for the same reason others don't like the Guardian. Its not like its the Daily Mail or gord forbid the Sun...Mail is just as bad, but the Sun has that written for and/or by elementary school children style like the NYP which makes the Mail...ever so slightly better...at least in grammar and structure.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
I found out The Sun don't even pay some of their writers the other day.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChaosSmurf posted:

The question is did they steal that from HuffPo, or did HuffPo steal that for them? But yes The Sun with exception of humorous covers over the years, is a horrible horrible loving paper.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

gfanikf posted:

I've always found it fine, people don't like it for the same reason others don't like the Guardian. Its not like its the Daily Mail or gord forbid the Sun...Mail is just as bad, but the Sun has that written for and/or by elementary school children style like the NYP which makes the Mail...ever so slightly better...at least in grammar and structure.

The Telegraph is exactly the same poo poo as the Mail or the Sun but targeted at people who regard reading the latter two as beneath them. It is the UKIP to the Mail/Sun's BNP/EDL

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 24, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ChaosSmurf posted:

So they're the TNA of newspapers?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Another reference to the "comeback" on the pod today which always makes me :iceburn: :lol:

edit: Also Dave's rundown of Hunt v Junior "Junior is better in every way, but lol trashweights so you never know"

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 24, 2013

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Another Ten Count question!

Since we're coming off Extreme Rules, what gimmick match would you like to see make a return? Disclaimer: War Games is NOT an option, because just about everyone wants to see a return of War Games.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BlueArmyMan posted:

Another Ten Count question!

Since we're coming off Extreme Rules, what gimmick match would you like to see make a return? Disclaimer: War Games is NOT an option, because just about everyone wants to see a return of War Games.

If we're not allowed War Games, I'm just putting up for petition "Another Royal Rumble".

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Honestly, the thought that led to that question was "It's been a long time since they had a Lion's Den match".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

We need an alliance to end cenamania cage match.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

Cena's gonna beat the entire roster on his own.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 24, 2013

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Yo Ten Count Crew.

I stole this idea from the Sheep game, but which wrestler would you like to hang out with the most?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Have you thought about having a segment each week of what stupid things TNA did in the past week? There is so much stupidity and very easy to miss some of it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Have you thought about having a segment each week of what stupid things TNA did in the past week? There is so much stupidity and very easy to miss some of it.

That would require them to watch TNA which I don't think they have any interest in doing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

bobkatt013 posted:

Don't make them watch or follow TNA. Some of us have to talk to them on a daily basis.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Only if Randy Orton goes in there with him, gets confused on how to win and ends up pinning the already eliminated Punk.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Ten Count question: can TNA be saved at this point? If so, how?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

Salt the earth.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Rodney the Piper posted:

We Just Need Some Suggestions

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Ten Count Q: Are there any gimmick matches in WWE that still have any credibility? Off the top of my head I can think of ladder matches and maybe the generic street fight match but they've done in HITC, last man standing, strap matches blah blah blah

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

3 Stages of Hell. Because it's barely used, it still has a legacy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Karl Stern's pronunciation of Korakuen Hall is just another reason he's a national treasure.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dave's getting Catty with WWE. Bryan was talking about the Curt Hawkins match on Smackdown.

Dave: Was he better than Cesaro?
Bryan: Well no...
Dave: Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dave's getting Catty with WWE. Bryan was talking about the Curt Hawkins match on Smackdown.

Dave: Was he better than Cesaro?
Bryan: Well no...
Dave: Huh.

He did that on the board too in a thread about why Curtis Axel deserves a push:

quote:

He's tall.

Oh, sorry.

He's got a better body.

Oh, sorry.

The other guy ruined being a headliner when he started Yodeling.

• Locked thread