Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

I just saw a movie I enjoyed greatly, maybe you can guess what it is.

don't worry, it's fake

Edit: VVVVV Well I'll be

I like the paper texture, it's a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

uPen posted:

I like the paper texture, it's a nice touch.
You can see the texture in the "holes" though. Pretty shoddy.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I got some private messages asking about the Lebowski posters I put up earlier, so I put them up at society6. I think they'll probably disappear into obscurity over there, but whatevs, I created them to put on my own wall anyway

For those who were interested:

The Dude
Walter
The Jesus
Donny

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Sold. Those are loving fantastic, dude.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Hatter106 posted:

Someone mentioned in an interview, I think it was Michael Shannon, that the suit was meant to look metallic, like skin-tight armour. A literal "man of steel".

It looks more like the texture of a fruity roll-up.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

zenintrude posted:

Well this is certainly terrible

I never watched all of Logan's Run but I seem to remember the colours being mainly white and red, not pink and lime green? I like the design but the colours are ugly, and also the U shaped line at the bottom with those little eye designs looks like a goofy smiling face

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It's pretty bad but they're probably going off colors from both the lifeclock and the end sequence holograms and computer displays.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Red Bones posted:

I never watched all of Logan's Run but I seem to remember the colours being mainly white and red, not pink and lime green? I like the design but the colours are ugly, and also the U shaped line at the bottom with those little eye designs looks like a goofy smiling face

I keep thinking of the Love Shop scene (:nws:) in Logan's Run when I look at it, which is mostly pink with Jenny Agutter's lime green "dress" providing contrast.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It doesn't scream "mall future" like it should.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

AFTER EARTH

WATCH TRAILER

Impact advertising a summer blockbuster in 2013. My god.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jefferoo posted:

AFTER EARTH

WATCH TRAILER

Impact advertising a summer blockbuster in 2013. My god.

There's an intern in Redmond laughing his rear end off right now. Brilliant.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

lelandjs posted:

There's an intern in Redmond laughing his rear end off right now. Brilliant.

What am I missing? Why would somebody be laughing?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Crackbone posted:

BECAUSE THE FONT MAN!! THE FONT!!!

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Crackbone posted:

The ad is using the meme format, down to the wire.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

KinkyJohn posted:

I got some private messages asking about the Lebowski posters I put up earlier, so I put them up at society6. I think they'll probably disappear into obscurity over there, but whatevs, I created them to put on my own wall anyway

The Dude
Walter
The Jesus
Donny

Very nice. I have two prints from society6 and am very pleased with the quality of the material and print, especially for the price.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

KinkyJohn posted:

The Dude
Walter
The Jesus
Donny

Nice one. Just sorted some gifts for my Lebowski loving friends.

e: Actually, gently caress it. I'm keeping that shirt.

e2: Please now take the designs down and destroy the originals, I don't want to see anyone else wearing that thing. I'm a special snowflake dammit.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 24, 2013

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
Wow, thanks to browsing that site, I've found a new low in minimalist posters (if such were possible). Scroll down for all 10!

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Sheldrake posted:

Wow, thanks to browsing that site, I've found a new low in minimalist posters (if such were possible). Scroll down for all 10!

Burn this world down.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Here's the best fan poster

If this isn't a parody of Drive then I'm sad

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.
Star Trek X: Nemesis Minimalist Poster
22" X 22" framed art print
$97.00

Description: As the conclusion of the Next Gen cast films, Nemesis takes some risks with its plot. Some pay off, and others don’t.

It's perfect.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Alec Eiffel posted:

If this isn't a parody of Drive then I'm sad

It's something so much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JTF0_ZfDIk

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

I saw the date 2009 in their somewhere and for a second I thought maybe it was a more modern movie and I was freaking out.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

I accept Cool As Ice because it resulted in this amazing music video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryvHj2z-0BM

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

e2: Please now take the designs down and destroy the originals, I don't want to see anyone else wearing that thing. I'm a special snowflake dammit.

I'm completely inept at promoting things on the internet, so those prints can very well be considered limited edition, because nobody except for the people posting here will ever know about them.

But thanks to you guys for buying some, I will drink to you when I spend it all on booze this weekend.

Hugs Boson posted:

Star Trek X: Nemesis Minimalist Poster
22" X 22" framed art print
$97.00

Description: As the conclusion of the Next Gen cast films, Nemesis takes some risks with its plot. Some pay off, and others don’t.

It's perfect.

Oh god.

edit:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KinkyJohn fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 24, 2013

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tewratomeh posted:

The only positive thing I can say about these posters is that the artwork is competent. For the most part they just look like 95% of every single poster Mondo has ever released.

Exactly. gently caress mondo so loving hard. Stop posting their stupid poo poo in this thread, it's crap and annoying. Post real posters here, thanks.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

KinkyJohn posted:

I'm completely inept at promoting things on the internet, so those prints can very well be considered limited edition, because nobody except for the people posting here will ever know about them.

But thanks to you guys for buying some, I will drink to you when I spend it all on booze this weekend.

Well I think I bought you a case or two. Can I ask what kind of percentage you get? I'm trying to convince a friend to put her stuff on one of these sites and this one looks like they do quality work.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

Well I think I bought you a case or two. Can I ask what kind of percentage you get? I'm trying to convince a friend to put her stuff on one of these sites and this one looks like they do quality work.

You can choose your own percentage of profit on top of their price. But I keep it at the default which is about ~20%. On t-shirts and phone/laptop covers you make a lot less, like :2bux: each

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

KinkyJohn posted:

You can choose your own percentage of profit on top of their price. But I keep it at the default which is about ~20%. On t-shirts and phone/laptop covers you make a lot less, like :2bux: each

Cool thanks. Ok maybe I only bought you one case then.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

effectual posted:

Exactly. gently caress mondo so loving hard. Stop posting their stupid poo poo in this thread, it's crap and annoying. Post real posters here, thanks.

You're not the boss of me!!

Here you go, here's a REAL poster you loving idiot.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I want this copy of Space Invaders where you play from the Klingons' perspective, trying to stop those scary Federation ships.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

When that guy finished each poster imagine him saying, "Yes, this is brilliant!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aatrek posted:

I want this copy of Space Invaders where you play from the Klingons' perspective, trying to stop those scary Federation ships.

This is the kind of thing a graphic design student hands in when they didn't realize they even had an assignment until about ten minutes before it was due.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 24, 2013

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
The Star Trek: The Motion Picture poster makes me legit want to beat him up. I haven't thrown a punch since 1991 or so, but I'll break that streak for this guy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sheldrake posted:

"More from this artist". Artist, huh?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I question the validity of that guy's doctorate.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Vintersorg posted:

You're not the boss of me!!

Here you go, here's a REAL poster you loving idiot.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

I don't hate this. This is at least just someone making some artwork inspired by a movie series they love.

That Dark Knight thing is just someone spilling coffee and trying to make the best of it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Those last two are kinda alright, especially the Harry Potter one. I think it works best because it's specifically listed as "NOT A MOVIE POSTER"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I like the Mulan one. The Harry Potter one would be better with a different font, I think. I'm not sure why the BTTF one is not oriented as a clock would be. Also it shows 13 o'clock for some reason.