Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
USA Soccer Guy is writing articles for Ladbrokes now. Priceless.

quote:

Bald-headed Iron Robben makes up for in soccer for what he doesn’t have in hair with his speedy possession carries and magical left cleat. French man Frank Rubbery of France is also a soccer player that can slice up a d-fense like a lumberjack slicing through bits of log. Chavvy Martinez’s soccer in their center park has also made Bryan a stronger franchise than last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Popehoist posted:

hahaaha

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
"they are like a flock of Soccer Bees, buzzing around being all pesky and stinging their opposition but making real sweet soccer honey for the soccer fans to eat up and enjoy."

:golfclap:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
sorry it's not a picture of Arsenal players being wacky or sitting down but reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yww70eVqc4

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Look out, Ze Germans are back...

From http://twitter.com/BVB

skirth
Oct 29, 2010

fahrt man #fairytale

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Springheel Jack posted:

lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

"Piersy my man, thanks for all the support! You made this day even more special! All the best, Van Pursestrings."

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Mr Right posted:

Di Natale stole the scoreboard and the ref's kit.

Hahahaha this is awesome.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

trem_two posted:

"Piersy my man, thanks for all the support! You made this day even more special! All the best, Van Pursestrings."

No loving way

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

trem_two posted:

This is the most I've liked RVP since he left Arsenal.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

trem_two posted:

RVP leaving was worth it just for this.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

trem_two posted:

Hahaha, that's amazing

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Piers Morgan getting attention in any way is a Bad Thing

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

The other side - Same photo with 'Great to be a champ.. so many #Tears4Piersy '

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

rear end cobra posted:

Ya but when someone is giving him the piss in the ultimate way it's kind of amazing.

Guitar_Hero posted:

RVP leaving was worth it just for this.
I....don't know if that's true but it is loving awesome.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rear end cobra posted:

Yep, I wouldn't say 'deny him the oxygen of publicity', I'd just rather deny him oxygen altogether. oval office.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

real_scud posted:

Ya but when someone is giving him the piss in the ultimate way it's kind of amazing.

I....don't know if that's true but it is loving awesome.

I hate Piers Morgan more than I hate RvP for leaving, so...

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Popehoist posted:

Frank Rubbery sounds like something Officer Crabtree would say in 'Allo 'Allo.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

trem_two posted:

We have reached peak TRP.

Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001

Popehoist posted:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9306961/2013-champions-league-preview

After that I read the Final Preview over on Grantland.

quote:

Bayern Munich does absolutely everything well, but Arjen Robben does only two things well. One of them is to hurl himself to the ground and curl into a taut ball of imaginary suffering. The other is to cut inside from the right and shoot with his left foot.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

trem_two posted:

lol if that is real it is the best thing

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Phillips is easily the best American writer on football, maybe even the best full stop.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
"After all the grief I've given Van Pursestrings, he's allowed a whack back.
I'll just have to take it on the chins."

e: the best part of the article posted above is a reference to a comment made on a Guardian article:

"Dortmund spent less on Piszczek, Gotze, Gundogan, Bender, Lewandowski, Subotic and Kuba than English teams have spent on Charlie Adam. Shocking."

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 24, 2013

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

trem_two posted:

van persie is cool

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

God this is really fantastic.

quote:

Every other game — more — his "oh hi opposing left back maybe I'll just take the ball toward the corner for a nice simple right-footed cross HAHAHA NO YOU FOOL I AM CUTTING INSIDE YET AGAIN AND WILL NOW SURPRISE YOU BY SHOOTING WITH MY LEFT FOOT FOR THE 9,000TH CONSECUTIVE TIME" trick actually pays off. It's mind-boggling.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

trem_two posted:

"thank you for all your ongoing support and concerns" :)

RVP is an epic troll.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I won't quote it again but lmao forever, that's great.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Hahaha quality from the lad RVP

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Springheel Jack posted:

From http://twitter.com/BVB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg5NKdCDzjE

"Kloppo You Rockstar!"
Germans loves songs about football.

There's also "I wanna be like Jürgen Klopp" from 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRJEFHzHjL4

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

In keeping with the thread topic description, this is a good post.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Chas McGill posted:

Phillips is easily the best American writer on football, maybe even the best full stop.
I guess if you like 20 year old bloggers with a passing knowledge of the sport they likely never played parroting conventional wisdom with some obscure stats peppered in, but I think he's actually bad and has written some really cringeworthy stuff. That's Grantlands MO and people seem to like it.

Thurlow
Aug 14, 2005

vaginal culture posted:

I guess if you like 20 year old bloggers with a passing knowledge of the sport they likely never played parroting conventional wisdom with some obscure stats peppered in, but I think he's actually bad and has written some really cringeworthy stuff. That's Grantlands MO and people seem to like it.

The letter from Pep to Messi thing he wrote is the most embarrassing football related article I've ever seen. He's awful.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Thurlow posted:

The letter from Pep to Messi thing he wrote is the most embarrassing football related article I've ever seen. He's awful.

link please

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

vaginal culture posted:

Whatever. He's great. I much prefer a frivolous article about football to one that takes it too loving seriously. That said, I haven't read any other Grantland stuff because they seem to mainly deal in US sports.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chas McGill posted:

Whatever. He's great. I much prefer a frivolous article about football to one that takes it too loving seriously. That said, I haven't read any other Grantland stuff because they seem to mainly deal in US sports.

Grantland is hit or miss for me. Their good stuff is fantastic but their bad stuff is awful. That being said, Brian Phillips is a great writer. Go look for his piece on the Iditarod. It's mind blowing.

And the RVP-Piers thing is the best.

Thurlow
Aug 14, 2005

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9238306/pep-guardiola-fake-e-mail-xavi-barcelona-loss-bayern-munich-champions-league

Xavi not Messi.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
If you can catch it, Monaco has a rather amusing squad list at the moment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Monaco_FC#Current_squad

I particularly like Peter Crouch in defence, Ronald McDonald as a Cameroonian midfielder and Ibrahimovic on loan from Twente

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

If you can catch it, Monaco has a rather amusing squad list at the moment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Monaco_FC#Current_squad

I particularly like Peter Crouch in defence, Ronald McDonald as a Cameroonian midfielder and Ibrahimovic on loan from Twente

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Pamela Anderson in goal? I'm not so sure about that choice. She seems to let a lot of opportunities in that others wouldn't. She'll sell some shirts, though.

• Locked thread